Before the cap raise, some F2P goodness

13Next

Replies

• Options
    I am F2P who started playing on late November.

qRiXft5.png

I figured out that is better for me to keep my toons at 6*, doing it I will have more options when they change the meta. Right now I am working on daka, doku, rey, rg, nute gunray and resistance pilot.

OK see math doesn't check out, how this guy is late november, and 10 7* toon.. and yet someone from FEB has 11..
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

Kylo is not farmable.. he is a purchase pack for one...

Actually, Since the level 70 patch (I think) Kylo has had two cantina nodes, he is very farmable.

Since the patch, and when was that....

2 months ago. It is very easy to farm a cantina toon to 7* if you buy 2 refreshes daily. I have been farming dooku for a couple weeks now and I have 157/50 (not activated). I average roughly 8-12 shards per day.

Yeah for *ONE* toon that's not 11 in the SAME period.. again no WAY you can get that many crystals (for FREE) to level that many 7 * toons.. in 60 days..

And why do you horde shards? what is the point to that?
  • Options
    I am F2P who started playing on late November.

qRiXft5.png

I figured out that is better for me to keep my toons at 6*, doing it I will have more options when they change the meta. Right now I am working on daka, doku, rey, rg, nute gunray and resistance pilot.

Started playing on late November but does not have a 2* Fotp... What the heck boy ?
  • Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    Wow are you seriously f2p? That looks like 5 month work what you have there.

He is not a F2P, he is clearly a liar and a moderate spender. Nice squad though.

That is F2P. Im F2P and my squad is better. Although I get 1st prize 99% of the times at payout and I´ve been playing since Dec. 2nd..
    Bad game management here
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I get that. But POE, QGJ, Daka and Ashoka can't be farmed in arena or gw. I am not sure what your point is.

ETA: I don't give a rat's A$$ if the op is FTP or PTP. I was just responding to the "you get a 7* toon in 66 shipments" and just saying that you can't farm all 4 of them at once.

I have no idea, what you talking about. someone help poor @RayRay

I only have 7* Poe and 7* Daka. I also said you can get Cantina shipment toon to 7* in 132days or 66days if you refresh once.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Song wrote: »
    I get that. But POE, QGJ, Daka and Ashoka can't be farmed in arena or gw. I am not sure what your point is.

ETA: I don't give a rat's A$$ if the op is FTP or PTP. I was just responding to the "you get a 7* toon in 66 shipments" and just saying that you can't farm all 4 of them at once.

I have no idea, what you talking about. someone help poor @RayRay

I only have 7* Poe and 7* Daka. I also said you can get Cantina shipment toon to 7* in 132days or 66days if you refresh once.

I think the confusion is coming from the fact that you and I are saying the same thing...So let's just leave it at that.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Kylo is not farmable.. he is a purchase pack for one...

Actually, Since the level 70 patch (I think) Kylo has had two cantina nodes, he is very farmable.

Since the patch, and when was that....

2 months ago. It is very easy to farm a cantina toon to 7* if you buy 2 refreshes daily. I have been farming dooku for a couple weeks now and I have 157/50 (not activated). I average roughly 8-12 shards per day.

Yeah for *ONE* toon that's not 11 in the SAME period.. again no WAY you can get that many crystals (for FREE) to level that many 7 * toons.. in 60 days..

And why do you horde shards? what is the point to that?

I think we agree, again I wasn't commenting on the OP being FTP or PTP. I am hording shards because I am not going to use dooku until he is maxed. I have 3 other that aren't activated too. When i want to use them I will activate them. PLUS, if I pull a dooku in bronzium, I will get the full amount of shards, not ~ half like you get after you activate a character.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Wow are you seriously f2p? That looks like 5 month work what you have there.

Wrong. I'm f2p (spent $5 on dooku pack & $5 on crystal subs ) if that matter

I have Fourteen 7* toons. 7*. I started playing since Dec 1.

UoBBfO2.png
    bEiv7Gm.png

I'm *sure* you've only spent $10......

You defently spent more then that; I started playing at December 10th, currently spent around $60 on this game, and I only have 9, 7* characters. You have 14 full upgraded characters, plus some of them are hard to get shards. It is not possible that we have 10 days difference, I spent more then you did and you have more then I do.
    It's your business how much spent, some ppl spent around $400-$1000 per month on this game, but if you do, say a real number; F2P players know that it's not a $10 deal, or $50
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I don't know why people find this to be so unbelievable that he's F2P with a tiny bit of spending?

I've been playing since early February and am 100% F2P. I'll hit level 70 tomorrow and so far I have 21 toons. 5 of them are at 7* with a few more just a couple of days away. By the end of April I'll have 10 7* toons, maybe more.

I'm sitting on 65k Ally Points. Over 2k SIMs (wish there was another use for these).

I farm close to 5m credits each week.

My best finish in arena has been almost 50. If I can manage to break into the top 50 or better, my farming will be expedited even more (him being in the #1 area is a huge boost to farming). But I'm not willing to use crystals arena refreshes so I'll be where I am until I can hit the new cap.

@Yudoka It possible for Yudoka depend what type of 7* heroes he was talking about. Show us your Squad screenshot.
  • Options
    Someone had sex only once. Therefore almost virgin.

Words have meanings. If you want to change the definition.

Whatever floats your boat man.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I don't know why people find this to be so unbelievable that he's F2P with a tiny bit of spending?

I've been playing since early February and am 100% F2P. I'll hit level 70 tomorrow and so far I have 21 toons. 5 of them are at 7* with a few more just a couple of days away. By the end of April I'll have 10 7* toons, maybe more.

I'm sitting on 65k Ally Points. Over 2k SIMs (wish there was another use for these).

I farm close to 5m credits each week.

My best finish in arena has been almost 50. If I can manage to break into the top 50 or better, my farming will be expedited even more (him being in the #1 area is a huge boost to farming). But I'm not willing to use crystals arena refreshes so I'll be where I am until I can hit the new cap.

@Yudoka It possible for Yudoka depend what type of 7* heroes he was talking about. Show us your Squad screenshot.

It's all easy to farm guys. My 7* are Sid, JC, Lumi, Teebo, and Eeth. My upcoming are QGJ and IG-86. A bit down the line are HK-47 and Poggle.

Cantina is a pretty big bottle neck so my next one out of there (no idea who yet) will be way down the line unless I start hitting #1 in arena like OP.

GW guys are by far the fastest to farm since you can get 15 shards from GW and pretty much all of them also seem to have hard nodes as well as Cantina sometimes. You can probably 7* most GW guys in about 10 days from scratch.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Yudoka normally i can get 7* from GW within 22days (15shards per day) as you know you can only buy GW shipment every 6hours. The max you can buy is 20shards.

I believe @Yudoka didn't lie. Literally He have been playing for 2month.
    Arena = Sid + Eeth it possible to get those 7* you probably in top ranks atleast top 5. 26days is the fastest to get 7*.
    GW = Lumi and Teebo probably took you 44days since you get 15shards per day. Your IG-86 probably 7* soon.
    Cantina farming = JC it possible 7* as you got him 3* from the game with 1 month farming, it possible to get 7*
    Cantina shipment = QGJ possible to 7* withing 66days if you refresh once.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    @Yudoka normally i can get 7* from GW within 17days (15shards per day) as you know you can only buy GW shipment every 6hours. The max you can buy is 20shards.

I believe @Yudoka didn't lie. Literally He have been playing for 2month.
    Arena = Sid + Eeth it possible to get those 7* you probably in top ranks atleast top 5. 26days is the fastest to get 7*.
    GW = Lumi and Teebo probably took you 44days since you get 15shards per day. Your IG-86 probably 7* soon.
    Cantina farming = JC it possible 7* as you got him 3* from the game with 1 month farming, it possible to get 7*
    Cantina shipment = QGJ possible to 7* withing 66days if you refresh once.

I double up on characters when I can. Lumi was the first one from GW and took the longest.

Teebo was faster as I hit up GW, got some shards from a Bronzien pack, and have been hitting up the two hard nodes daily.

IG-86 is even easier as he's in GW, has two hard nodes, and one in Cantina. He's the guy you can probably get in about 10 days (I was getting about 15 shards a day when farming JC in Cantina + 3 hard nodes).

For the arena stuff I've been making at least 2 purchases a day. Sid was first then Eeth. Now I'm going to do HK-47.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    oh ya i totally forgot about their hard node for IG-86, JC,
  • Options
    Sigh how many times must it be pointed out.

Cantina shipments toons are the best gauge.

No one cares about how many 7* toons u have from arena or GW shipments.

Cantina shipments is the best litmus test.

Of cos it's possible to pull boba daka multiple ashoka from bronzium.

Heck ppl have pulled rey from first chromium pack apparently.

Doesn't mean it applies to everyone. Unless everyone gets the same luck as you.
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Who honestly cares....Jesus you people need to take a chill pill. All you have to say is nice roster and move on with your life. To all of you who posted your teams they are looking great!
  • Options
    Im 100 percent f2p started jan 2.

Have 3 seven star arena shipment toons. currently working on a 4th at 4 stars atm.

3 seven star GW shipment toons. working one at 6 star now.

2 seven star cantina node toons. working one at 6 star now.

Cantina shipments i switched around too much but have a 7star daka. 6 star poe and 5 star qgj

have 1 hard node only character at 6star 33/100 to 7

• Options
    I got a plan to get p2w characters being a f2p.

Every day I get 577 crystals ( rank 1 + daylies )
    I like to buy 1 cantina refil and 2 energy refils ( 50 + 50 + 100 )
    Usually I have to buy more 5 attempts to get rank 1, so I am spending 250 crystals per day.
    577-250 = 322
    Basically I will be able to buy a mega-pack every 8 days, doing it for months I might get something good. What do you guys think?
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Hey congrats!

@HugeJazz , You are not the F2P vs P2P police, if you want to attack people go to Hello Kitty World forums. :/

i think the dictionary is the ftp vs ptp police, and that dude paid $ to play = ptp
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    @RenanFilipe much better if you refill four time in regular energy. You need that to farm those 50purple mats gears.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I blame the whales for this... they ruined f2p reputation. Just look at the OP. He just wanted some attention by saying hes f2p and rank 1 in arena and majority rejected that idea and didn't give any credits when its dued. You guys reminded me so much of the Republican party and their obstruction...

Trump for president! *punch teddy bear in the face*

• Options
    I got a plan to get p2w characters being a f2p.

Every day I get 577 crystals ( rank 1 + daylies )
    I like to buy 1 cantina refil and 2 energy refils ( 50 + 50 + 100 )
    Usually I have to buy more 5 attempts to get rank 1, so I am spending 250 crystals per day.
    577-250 = 322
    Basically I will be able to buy a mega-pack every 8 days, doing it for months I might get something good. What do you guys think?

Unless you get very lucky, I don't think it will be worth it.
  • Plague_Inc
    451 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    I blame the whales for this... they ruined f2p reputation. Just look at the OP. He just wanted some attention by saying hes f2p and rank 1 in arena and majority rejected that idea and didn't give any credits when its dued. You guys reminded me so much of the Republican party and their obstruction...

Trump for president! *punch teddy bear in the face*

Of course someone brought politics into this thread... Like it wasn't already ugly enough. So many people complaining about the OP... Feel sorry for them. Just because some FTP people couldn't do as well as him/her, they decided to try and make the OP feel bad about her/herself. The OP was just sharing their nice roster and everyone ruined it. You should all (well, not all, but most of you) be ashamed of yourselves. This thread makes me sick.

Oh and nice roster OP. You are pretty good at this game. Wish my roster looked as nice.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I have 30/50 on dooku, proud to resist that ....
    In all honesty I would have gotten him if I knew evasion would matter so much. But I never liked him, not in this game and not as a character in the sw saga.
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    nice!

@YugeJazz I'm also largely a FTP player (spent £15 but didn't get any toons i wanted - unlocked the bug but never used him) and I also have a similarly large roster. With time, and no money, it can be done.

edit: also, calling someone a liar is not nice :/

I'm also a FTP moderately spending on crystals and I do also have six toons at 7*, several at 6* and I know it can be done, but you're all lying if you're saying you're completely FTP's. Stop it.

I have 13 heroes at 7* level 70 max gear and totally f2p. Bunch of 6* and 5* as well. Started early december. It can easily be done.

I have 10 heroes at 7* level 70 max gear and totally f2p. Other 4 at 6* lev 70 and a bunch of 5* around leve 60. Started late november. It can be done.

how the hell do you get maul and leah to 7*??? you'd have buy insane amounts of chromiums....
  • Options
    Lol making threads like this will just hurt you in the long run. RIP F2P, it's about to get real
  • chipmunk19
    128 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lol the point of the post was to somehow give hope to F2P players that they can make it despite the meta changes, long grinds, etc. i didn't expect this kind of "am i F2P or P2P" analysis, although maybe i should have given the usual ego posts on this forum.

i've been playing since late November when the game first came out and i haven't spent a single cent on this account. i did buy a $9.99 crystal pack and a daily crystal booster on a 2nd account (my wife's), but not this one. you can believe it or not if you like, but below is how i generally did it.

2 regular refreshes + 2 cantina refreshes (obviously just 1 in the beginning) each day
    been finishing in the arena top 5 nearly every day since mid January

cantina toons (farmed in this order)
    • GS - cantina 1A
    • Daka - shipments
    • JC - cantina 3A
    • Poe - iOS unlock + shipments
    • Barris - cantina 6A
    • QGJ - shipments + shards from 1 chromium

arena toons (farmed in this order)
    • Sid
    • Asajj
    • Eeth

GW toons (farmed in this order)
    • Lumi
    • Phasma
    • Poggle
    • RP

mission toons
    • Dooku - LS 1C + DS 1C + cantina 6G
    • Ahsoka - bronzium unlock + LS 5D + DS 4C

i have unequipped gear because i'm saving the rarer ones i've recently completed for when i know more about the new meta.

i was probably helped along by the old GW mechanics since that allowed me to easily farm Lumi early on. i don't think it's that easy any more, but F2P players shouldn't lose hope.

some things to keep in mind for F2P:
    • don't worry about the meta. that really only matters when you reach the 20's and it always changes.
    • enjoy the grind for what it is - slow but steady progress. no need to rush.
    • pour over the forums to learn the best strategies
    • choose your top toons carefully and stick with them

as for the F2P/P2P classifications, i would say $5-$20 total is still F2P. it's obviously not completely "free", but the advantage you get from that amount is really almost negligible.
    Post edited by chipmunk19 on
  • Options
    I'm a whale myself (recently turned to F2P cause of the "new content" we just received). I'll actually be the first to say these rosters are completely possible, and congrats. It takes roughly a month to 7* a toon from any of the currency shops, assuming you hit decent payouts. So if you've been playing for 5 months then you've had time to 7*at least 10 characters plus a couple from cantina nodes. Don't get mad when you see other people playing the game efficiently and effectively with little to no money spent.

I will say that I think if the new meta places a higher value on group synergy, it will be much harder for F2P to max out teams that require hard mode toons (i.e. Ewoks, Tuskens), but there are definitely still enough accessible characters to have decent builds. SWGOH is a Pay-for-Convenience game, not Pay-to-Win. And I'm completely okay with that.