What’s this? The Mandalorian stuff.

Prev13
khdelboy
754 posts Member
edited October 2020
Opened the game and suddenly this shows up:

7owtxpvn5orb.png

I thought it was initially an ad for the new season but it’s on Fridays, not Mondays?
Post edited by khdelboy on

Replies

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    It's just a hype machine.

But also, Kuill and IG-11 confirmed: https://www.starwars.com/news/mando-mondays-games
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    re thread title all i can say is "a center for ants"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Qhue
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Note that they did announce new SWGOH content in today's 'Mando Monday'. Showed a team of Mando, Cara, Greef, Kuiil, and IG-11 (w/child) taking on an event. They said we can start collecting Kuiil next week.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    So, JKR-like event or Young Solo situation ? Is the jury still out on this ? Maybe a kit touch up to bring synergy between them all ?
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    So, special event or Young Solo situation ? Is the jury still out on this ?

Galactic Challenge
  • Options
    CG's got something special planned for how to unlock ig11 w/ child. You need to link swgoh with your phone's alarm clock and then your alarm, tuned to sound like a crying baby, will randomly go off during the day and especially throughout the night. Each time it goes off you need to log in within 5 mins for a chance to collect 1 shard. Probabilities are calibrated so that it may take up to 1 year to take the character to 7*.
  • Options
    Qhue wrote: »
    Note that they did announce new SWGOH content in today's 'Mando Monday'. Showed a team of Mando, Cara, Greef, Kuiil, and IG-11 (w/child) taking on an event. They said we can start collecting Kuiil next week.

Link?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

Link?

You literally posted an image of the link.
  • Options
    Star Wars.comie37qx6ozp4w.png
    n74l21p6kb45.png
    5x00z7t5grby.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Link?

You literally posted an image of the link.

Don’t see an address. And it pops up just once in game.

Anyway, found it myself.
  • Options
    Surely a setup for a legendary event, exactly 5 Mandolorian characters so far... Moff Gideon event maybe?
  • Options
    Wolidid wrote: »
    Surely a setup for a legendary event, exactly 5 Mandolorian characters so far... Moff Gideon event maybe?

Usually legendary characters require a faction, not specific characters.
  • Options
    Jpolson43 wrote: »

In this case, there’s always an expectation. Those 5 did fought against Gideon.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

No, Legendary events are faction based. So far these event restrictions have never wavered. They will not start now.

Nothing stopping them from making a new tag though. Honestly they almost have to, otherwise Kuiil will be as useless as Visas.
  • Options
    So what faction would go up against Gideon?

Anyway I wouldn’t be surprised if Kuill and IG-11 gets a scoundrel tag. IG-11 would get the Bounty Hunter faction more likely.
  • Options

Anyway I wouldn’t be surprised if Kuill and IG-11 gets a scoundrel tag. IG-11 would get the Bounty Hunter faction more likely.

Would probably just be a Journey, either for Beskar Mando / Din Djarin or for Gideon. Those use specific characters.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I suspect Gideon is just a marquee. But in this scenario it would be a new faction.
  • Options
    IG-11 would get the Bounty Hunter faction more likely.

I agree that it's possible that they would do that, but it would be wrong.

This is IG-11 + Child. As a BH he tried to kill the child. It was only after reprogramming that turned him from BH to protector that he had anything to do with The Child.

If IG-11 has the kid, it's not a BH anymore.
  • Options

This is IG-11 + Child. As a BH he tried to kill the child. It was only after reprogramming that turned him from BH to protector that he had anything to do with The Child.

I dunno, I think it'll get the light side bh tag like the others.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Either way, Kuiil still has no sensible tags, which means he’ll just get LS and Support and be just as useless as Visas as a result.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Either way, Kuiil still has no sensible tags, which means he’ll just get LS and Support and be just as useless as Visas as a result.

Quite possible xD. Or they open up a mando related tag to contain everything there is and there is to come.
  • Options
    mando related tag

"Mandalorian Auxiliaires.
  • Options
    I'm guessing hero's journey or epic confrontation.
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I'm guessing hero's journey or epic confrontation.

Oh god please no

I'm still 30k away from completing GAS and still have to farm Wampa for JKL

I want to use that currency for Stun Guns! If CG will not cease the Gear crunch, at least do not increase it more by having to hoard another +/- 75k GET1
  • Options
    @mariogsh

You know, they don't have to make things hard. I don't know if they're thinking about it, but if the toon isn't meta, you could create a g10-rated Hero's Journey event for it. Epic Confrontations require GET, but HJs don't.

This is one of the things that seems weird to me - and dojo, maybe you could chime in? - but when introducing a pack of new, non-meta toons, they can create HJs at older difficulty scales. It would seem like a gimme to established players if they only had to gear the pack to g10, but

1) they'd still have to gear the HJ toon up to g12 or relic to see any use in their contexts,

and
    2) they'd still have to 7* all the prerequisite toons.

Really it would be a boon to new players not old ones, since the newer players could get another faction at reasonable gear levels, but the 5.5-7M crowd doesn't much care since they're busy chasing their 2-4th GL. The cost to those players (and sure it would be worth it to some) would be delaying the GL quest.

But so long as the new toon isn't plug & play like Wat or Thrawn, the 5.5-7M crowd still has to relic them to use them, while the pre-5.5M crowd just has to give them g10 - g12, depending on where they're at.

The over-7M crowd I imagine doesn't give a fig. They likely have all the GLs and thus can try for the new toon immediately, but they, also, won't be in a position to actually use the toons in any relevant context without relics. The people they're competing against just aren't fielding TW or GAC squads that can be beaten by any g10 toon, even if it's from a cool new faction. And they're also playing Geo TBs, where a 7M roster is already crushing dark side & on the light side new g10 toons would be a waste of Territory Points - they'll just get blown up immediately.

There's simply no downside to a g10-scale HJ event so long as the HJ toon isn't plug & play so high-level players will need to put relics on them anyway.

Anyway, that's my rant encouraging CG to tailor more content to newer players when it can be done without changing the economy for end-game players.
  • Options
    @mariogsh

You know, they don't have to make things hard. I don't know if they're thinking about it, but if the toon isn't meta, you could create a g10-rated Hero's Journey event for it. Epic Confrontations require GET, but HJs don't.

This is one of the things that seems weird to me - and dojo, maybe you could chime in? - but when introducing a pack of new, non-meta toons, they can create HJs at older difficulty scales. It would seem like a gimme to established players if they only had to gear the pack to g10, but

1) they'd still have to gear the HJ toon up to g12 or relic to see any use in their contexts,

and
    2) they'd still have to 7* all the prerequisite toons.

Really it would be a boon to new players not old ones, since the newer players could get another faction at reasonable gear levels, but the 5.5-7M crowd doesn't much care since they're busy chasing their 2-4th GL. The cost to those players (and sure it would be worth it to some) would be delaying the GL quest.

But so long as the new toon isn't plug & play like Wat or Thrawn, the 5.5-7M crowd still has to relic them to use them, while the pre-5.5M crowd just has to give them g10 - g12, depending on where they're at.

The over-7M crowd I imagine doesn't give a fig. They likely have all the GLs and thus can try for the new toon immediately, but they, also, won't be in a position to actually use the toons in any relevant context without relics. The people they're competing against just aren't fielding TW or GAC squads that can be beaten by any g10 toon, even if it's from a cool new faction. And they're also playing Geo TBs, where a 7M roster is already crushing dark side & on the light side new g10 toons would be a waste of Territory Points - they'll just get blown up immediately.

There's simply no downside to a g10-scale HJ event so long as the HJ toon isn't plug & play so high-level players will need to put relics on them anyway.

Anyway, that's my rant encouraging CG to tailor more content to newer players when it can be done without changing the economy for end-game players.

Believe me, I was thinking about something HJ's related, even Padme's event difficulty (and we thought that was hard lol)

Would love to have a "HJ's" type of event, like the old ones, not requirements more than 7* for final tier for example and adjusted like I said, to Padme's event difficulty (G12, G12+) at max

I assume Kuill and IG-11 will be marquees, imagine how cool would be even for "newer players" who just started back when mando got released to play at least the first 3 Tiers (3* characters) of the X New event for "free"

As a 3.8 million GP player, chasing the final requirement for P4 of GAS, then going for SLKR, who has Greef at 6*, Mando at 4* and Cara at 3*, I would love that!

But, let's be real, we're far away from those days

JKL event was like the old days, except it required R3 min so, I expect something like that now
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options

No, Legendary events are faction based. So far these event restrictions have never wavered. They will not start now.

Nothing stopping them from making a new tag though. Honestly they almost have to, otherwise Kuiil will be as useless as Visas.

U mean like Wampa for JKL?