Event tickets are awful

12346Next

Replies

• Options
    For me the ticket system sucks any of the joy in playing out of the game. I actually dread working on new GLs now. Theres the unreworked weak toons needing relicing and the godforsaken ticket system. Pouring time and resources into things that aren't even useful is just depressing. I had hoped after the feedback on the first GL events that CG would have tweaked it a bit.... however I have found entertainment in gearing up teams I just like so there's that.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Finished my ultimate farm over the weekend. Still not a fan of the 70 ticket penalty on a loss. It's too much.

Final tally 10-3 .. 1 win, 3 losses, then 9 wins once I had it dialed in.

Fun factor: 0

Which GL did you go for? I have only played the final tier 1 time and got destroyed. I'm going for Supreme Leader.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah the Galactic Legends prerequisites are monetized heavily, and if they do need to monetize playing the event using tickets, at least don't consume tickets until the tier has been cleared

Generating tickets is arduous and it takes weeks to complete a Galactic Legend even if you go undefeated

I agree, but the biggest problem CG has is stagnancy. If you hide a character behind a paywall, a Kraken will just tear through that with transactions instantly. If you create a paywall, then stagger the process of getting to that character then you are essentially buying yourself time to develop the next big thing. CG has to keep inventing things to keep krakens chasing the game. I.e relics, gear levels, it's all designed to part you from CASH and accelerate the finishing line further away from you. So they have to keep feeding us all like this because of Krakens, so blame them. What they should do is after 12 months they should remove the ticket systems so they can advance the FTP forward. Ironically they need to find a balance that works.
  • Options
    Krakens just saved up energy and went through all the tiers in one day so it didnt stop them.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    It is stuff like this that highlights how poorly designed the ticket system is.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/jml-event-buttons-dissapeared-and-cost-me-tickets/m-p/9709995#M43970

"Our game is broke and you lost tickets and resources, oh well who cares, nothing we are going to do about it."

I get the disappearing UI or stalled game (whatever you want to call this bug) is hard one to track down and fix, however this is just a horrid response when it affects other parts of the game.

CG_Doja_Fett If you could look into this and maybe iron out a solution, that would be great. I am about to start t3 of the JML event and do not want to lose 60 tickets due to a bug that hasn’t been fixed yet. Customer support needs to be aware of this so proper compensation can be given out....or just get rid of the tokens, but we know that’s not going to happen. Help us Doja, you’re our only hope.

With the current ticket situation setup, they will likely never compensate anyone for lost battles like this. On their end there is not way to know if they force closed because it wasn't going well or because the buttons went away.

Screen grabs/ video?

copy and paste.

how do they validate that? its a whole big can of worms, inside a can of worms.

Sooo, because a system can be taken advantage of, it's an excuse to not own up to your own mistakes?

It's a big ole, 'yep, it's our fault, but because you might be trying to cheat the system, sucks to be you.'

They should not implement a system, "as a fix" that in and of itself opens a path of abuse. Yes, 100%.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Krakens just saved up energy and went through all the tiers in one day so it didnt stop them.

That has nothing to do with spending level.
  • Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    It is stuff like this that highlights how poorly designed the ticket system is.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/jml-event-buttons-dissapeared-and-cost-me-tickets/m-p/9709995#M43970

"Our game is broke and you lost tickets and resources, oh well who cares, nothing we are going to do about it."

I get the disappearing UI or stalled game (whatever you want to call this bug) is hard one to track down and fix, however this is just a horrid response when it affects other parts of the game.

CG_Doja_Fett If you could look into this and maybe iron out a solution, that would be great. I am about to start t3 of the JML event and do not want to lose 60 tickets due to a bug that hasn’t been fixed yet. Customer support needs to be aware of this so proper compensation can be given out....or just get rid of the tokens, but we know that’s not going to happen. Help us Doja, you’re our only hope.

With the current ticket situation setup, they will likely never compensate anyone for lost battles like this. On their end there is not way to know if they force closed because it wasn't going well or because the buttons went away.

Screen grabs/ video?

copy and paste.

how do they validate that? its a whole big can of worms, inside a can of worms.

Sooo, because a system can be taken advantage of, it's an excuse to not own up to your own mistakes?

It's a big ole, 'yep, it's our fault, but because you might be trying to cheat the system, sucks to be you.'

They should not implement a system, "as a fix" that in and of itself opens a path of abuse. Yes, 100%.

But any system can be abused, especially if someone is willing to put in the time to find an exploit.
  • Options
    @Kyno
    re: saving up energy to rush through GL completion:

I think it kinda does. To buy huge amounts of energy requires huge numbers of crystals.

To say that spending has "nothing to do with spending level" is wrong. People who spend more are dramatically more likely to have both a larger crystal stockpile and a larger crystal income.

Just because high spending is not technically required to be able to rush a GL to completion in a couple days doesn't mean that spending and being able to rush a GL have "nothing to do with" each other. I mean, if they really had nothing to do with each other, then that would mean that spending never benefits a GL quest. That's plainly not true.

So I'm not sure what you meant by "nothing to do with" each other. They have a heck of a lot to do with each other. It's not literally the same exact thing (spending vs. rushing a GL), but they are so closely associated with one another I just don't know why you would try to claim that they aren't.
  • Options
    @Chucko_marek
    any system can be abused, especially if someone is willing to put in the time to find an exploit.

This is why I have been carefully constructing my @CG_Doja_Fett costume over the last few weeks. With a bit of bribery, a bit of chloroform, and the perfect costume I'll be able to march right into CG and get one of my programmer "friends" to "fix" my account, granting me

maxresdefault.jpg

• Options

That was a reply to the post above it, which was talking about how the ticket system was necessary to slow down the krakens who could otherwise spend their way through other barriers (gear, relics, etc.)
    Point was that the tickets don’t really help slow them down because that can be spent through as well (maybe it would cause a 1-2 day delay at most, but not a significant delay in terms of what the post above was talking about).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno
    re: saving up energy to rush through GL completion:

I think it kinda does. To buy huge amounts of energy requires huge numbers of crystals.

To say that spending has "nothing to do with spending level" is wrong. People who spend more are dramatically more likely to have both a larger crystal stockpile and a larger crystal income.

Just because high spending is not technically required to be able to rush a GL to completion in a couple days doesn't mean that spending and being able to rush a GL have "nothing to do with" each other. I mean, if they really had nothing to do with each other, then that would mean that spending never benefits a GL quest. That's plainly not true.

So I'm not sure what you meant by "nothing to do with" each other. They have a heck of a lot to do with each other. It's not literally the same exact thing (spending vs. rushing a GL), but they are so closely associated with one another I just don't know why you would try to claim that they aren't.

Crystal income is independent of spending, some players are f2p and have crystals stocked up. Is it quicker, easier, or more flexible for people who $$ sure, but that is nothing a player cant do without planning and focus.

I never said spending has nothing to do with spending, that's just silly. Actions to store or save up to have a known number of any currency or energy, is in no way limited to spending. How easy or hard that is depends on how much you spend, not the possibility or action of.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

That was a reply to the post above it, which was talking about how the ticket system was necessary to slow down the krakens who could otherwise spend their way through other barriers (gear, relics, etc.)
    Point was that the tickets don’t really help slow them down because that can be spent through as well (maybe it would cause a 1-2 day delay at most, but not a significant delay in terms of what the post above was talking about).

Not sure if it's normally available, but it's not even a Kraken thing necessarily. I saw several different people with about 50k energy saved up, because they were able to use Play Points to buy the $2.99 energy pack over and over again.
  • Options
    @Chucko_marek
    any system can be abused, especially if someone is willing to put in the time to find an exploit.

This is why I have been carefully constructing my @CG_Doja_Fett costume over the last few weeks. With a bit of bribery, a bit of chloroform, and the perfect costume I'll be able to march right into CG and get one of my programmer "friends" to "fix" my account, granting me

maxresdefault.jpg

Sign my account up too, or I will turn you in. I hear @CG_Doja_Fett pays handsomely for tips. ;)
  • Options
    Crystal income is independent of spending,

No, it's really not. If you spend more on the game, you're more likely to be in the top 50 in both arenas. If you spend less on the game you're less likely.

This statistical correlation is the very opposite of what "independent" looks like.
    . Actions to store or save up to have a known number of any currency or energy, is in no way limited to spending. How easy or hard that is depends on how much you spend,

And therefore it makes sense to say that they have ***something*** to do with each other, rather than ***nothing*** to do with each other.

I actually think we perceive the game the same way, but when you describe the same 2 things as being closely related (the difficulty of one depends on the other) and having literally nothing to do with each other, you're contradicting yourself.

I think you're just being very careless with your language such that what you're actually saying includes some wrong but you're not actually intending to say anything wrong.

I shall therefore, having I hope made my point, let it go.

• Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Event tickets for galactic legends is awful mechanic. At least make it do tickets are consumed until you win. Blowing tickets on experiencing the event for the first time removes fun from the mechanics.

This is the way
  • Options
    (Assuming you're basing your comparisons between two players of equal skill, GP, and experience then you can certainly make the claim that spending money goes hand in hand with advancing in-game faster than an FTP, i.e advancing your characters / Gear / Relics/ etc.

You can argue that saving energy and crystals by stockpiling is slowing your own development compared to another player who is spending those crystals and investing day today. There are certainly benefits to both styles of play. Being hesitant could certainly help make wiser choices and be less wasteful.

Free Crystal income is dependent on your ability to perform in the arena and fleet while contributing to raids and other game modes but can be heavily supplemented by spending. To say crystal income is dependant on spending would require further clarification.

For example

You can be an FTP player who has a knack for being a very efficient farmer, minimizing waste who has achieved a GL that also with focus and luck unlocked impressive MODS for that GL. Combine that with a very supportive and organized SHARD CHAT you could enjoy a very lucrative crystal income with minor expenditure.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that spending money does not mean it was well spent.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Finished my ultimate farm over the weekend. Still not a fan of the 70 ticket penalty on a loss. It's too much.

Which GL did you go for? I have only played the final tier 1 time and got destroyed. I'm going for Supreme Leader.
    SLKR.

It's basically about creating a mastery imbalance between SLKR and Rey.

I used SLKR, KRU, FOO, FOST, Hux.

SLKR does the real work:
    * poke Finn to stun and build Siphon stacks
    * poke Poe
    * slash one of them to build mastery

Hux's mass assists go on Rey.
    Hux's bonus turns & FOO's TM gain go to SLKR

Rinse & repeat until either you crush Rey on the second mass assist and mop up the sides or you finished the sides and just have Rey left.

If it's just SLKR vs Rey, don't be afraid to keep using poke and slash. Rey wont lose mastery but you will still gain.
  • Options

SLKR.

SLKR does the real work:
    * poke Poe

Rinse & repeat until either you crush Rey on the second mass assist and mop up the sides or you finished the sides and just have Rey left.

If it's just SLKR vs Rey, don't be afraid to keep using poke and slash. Rey wont lose mastery but you will still gain.

I just beat it with Supreme Leader Kylo, Kylo, First Order Officer, Hux and Phasma.
  • Options
    @Chucko_marek

All TM boost all the time, I see.
  • Options

Except when energy is in packs to buy like the one in the store right now. Nice try though.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Another tip for cheesing the Kylo event is to get all your best health sets on him. I put my Griveous mods on him, I think that put him up to around 200000 health. As long as you play according to the strategy already posted by others it’s probably impossible for Rey to take Kylo out.
  • Options

SLKR.

SLKR does the real work:
    * poke Poe

I just beat it with Supreme Leader Kylo, Kylo, First Order Officer, Hux and Phasma.
    Be careful with that lineup. TM gain weakens your squad and strengthens the enemy squad so the whole team TM gain from Phasma and OG Kylo can really work against you.

That's why I went with Hux - bonus turn doesn't count - and FOO - TM gain only to the one toon who really needs it: SLKR.
  • Options
    Sigh...this whole thing reminds me of the Xzibit meme from back in 2010....
    CG be like.... “Yo Dawg, I heard you like farming for Galactic Legends! So we put a ticket farm system into the event after you farmed up dozens of characters to relic level!”

3ffpxcp49kp4.jpeg
  • Options

SLKR.

SLKR does the real work:
    * poke Poe

Be careful with that lineup. TM gain weakens your squad and strengthens the enemy squad so the whole team TM gain from Phasma and OG Kylo can really work against you.

That's why I went with Hux - bonus turn doesn't count - and FOO - TM gain only to the one toon who really needs it: SLKR.

For normal circumstances absolutely but that team is basically fool proof if speeds are set properly. She gets one whirlwind off but so far sitting pretty with zero retries with it and not one "close" battle.
  • Options
    I agree, tix are awful. I lost 0 tix on attempts, why? I followed this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGzAwVXSKc8
    I'd like to thank the author!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sigh...this whole thing reminds me of the Xzibit meme from back in 2010....
    CG be like.... “Yo Dawg, I heard you like farming for Galactic Legends! So we put a ticket farm system into the event after you farmed up dozens of characters to relic level!”

3ffpxcp49kp4.jpeg

You're supposed to put X in X.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I agree that the ticket system is poorly designed. As Nikom565 argues, Discouraging gaming within a game is asinine. I also support the idea that it should be more like the Phoenix/Thrawn event: characters open the event, maybe need tickets per tier. Telling me how to use characters I spent so much time preparing is ****.