3/31 Update Comment and Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Sigh I have 0 mk 5 furnaces and im 7/20 and 12/50 on the pieces.

This change stinks imo. Just making the least fun part of the game even more annoying.
  • Options
    Cant believe they are making gears even harder to get, unbelievable
  • Options
    Wow, nice patch. And everyone is very positive which is rare but very welcoming.
  • Options
    This whole gear situation is absolutely terrible. Way to make it worse cg!
  • Options
    Trufra86 wrote: »
    An additional ingredient has been added to the following gear crafting recipes:

Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller also requires 50 Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage items
    Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace also requires 50 Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage items
    Mk 7 Nubian Security Scanner also requires 50 Mk 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage items
    Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech also requires 50 Mk 10 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage item

Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage items is usable/craftable at level 81.
    Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage items is usable/craftable at level 81.
    Mk 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage items is usable/craftable at level 81.
    Mk 10 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage item is usable/craftable at level 82.

So how does that suppose to work when level cap is only 80?

The reason is not logical, but how it works is the only level requirement that matters is the final piece. I remember early for either 88 or 86 I needed a piece of gear that was level 40 to make a piece of gear that was level 38 and could equip the gear at 38 even though it was made with a piece of level 40 gear, silly I know.

I've been done spending money on the game for a long time (sitting on 10,000 plus crystals) but I won't spend my money on farming for gear. Never have never will, it doesn't make the game any more fun.

Also, with these new gear requirements they may as well not add any more toons to the game after April.

only the largest whales will ever be able to get a new toon to the highest gear anymore.

Find a team(s) you like and stick with them. Once you get a toon to gear 9 you are stuck with them and getting another one to 9 will take forever

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Worse, if you dont have furnaces already.... YOU CAN'T CRAFT ANY AFTER THE UPDATE. This is insane
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Even more gear farming? Come on now, give us a break EA!
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Options
    also, is this bad English or a typo "An extra surprise will also..." ?

I have no idea what that means
  • Options
    Either the gear additions are an April Fool's joke on the players or the players are about to make the joke real for the devs by saying goodbye. This is just ridiculous.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    I just made few of the Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller and Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech, GS Poggle Yoda QGJ need those.

however, I am not sure you can just equip them if there is additional pieced required after the update. i hope i am wrong.
  • Options
    But wait...... There is a surprise!
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Hope the surprise is actually new content.
  • Options
    An additional ingredient has been added to the following gear crafting recipes:

Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller also requires 50 Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage items
    Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace also requires 50 Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage items
    Mk 7 Nubian Security Scanner also requires 50 Mk 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage items
    Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech also requires 50 Mk 10 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage item

Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage items is usable/craftable at level 81.
    Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage items is usable/craftable at level 81.
    Mk 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage items is usable/craftable at level 81.
    Mk 10 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage item is usable/craftable at level 82.

So how does that suppose to work when level cap is only 80?

So if you need to be at level 81 to make the Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnaces, does that mean toons like Lumi, Sid, Phasma, Poe, etc. who need that gear are all stuck at level 8 until the cap is raised above 80? Am I reading that right?

Except, of course, for whomever is lucky enough to have he hairdryers ready and can craft the gear ahead of time tonight. The rest of us are screwed and won't be able to keep up. It'll literally be impossible.

• Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »

Maybe it's a new way to craft gear.... Lol jk it's a new chromium character.
  • Options
    I've just recently resumed playing the game after stopping for a week or two since the grind was just depressing. I look at these changes and...I just don't even know anymore :<
  • Options

It's probably the Phas and Poe shards people have been talking about
  • Options
    The surprise is a jar of Vaseline for when you're already loose enough you need it no longer.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Trying to find characters that have enough unlocked to make some of these items...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Either the gear additions are an April Fool's joke on the players or the players are about to make the joke real for the devs by saying goodbye. This is just ridiculous.

Exactly, we asked for more levels and better gear in the challenges and instead they make the things harder to farm.
  • Options
    That potency up could allow Anakin's buff immunity to become a great ability.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Either the gear additions are an April Fool's joke

It must be this! How could I forget that!
  • Options

The surprise is: You all got punked. No update. April Fool!
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Scrap that last comment, I skipped over the gear part which after actually realizing what it means to the players is quite alarming. I don't see the logic behind the change if I've interpreted it correctly.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, nice patch. And everyone is very positive which is rare but very welcoming.
    Resignment.

• Options

The surprise is: You all got punked. No update. April Fool!

Tomorrow they with push to April first. April first they say April fools there's no level 80 cap increase, but we are finishing up the combat changes we were talking about... The surprise? Ships, and guilds. Best update ever. Wait... Nope it's a new chromium character.
  • Options
    This is the first real change that makes the game pay to win (at least as far as arena goes).

The difference between f2p and p2w will not be what toons you use, but what gear level you can get them to

If you are f2p get used to not being top in arena, but all the other parts of the game will still be enjoyable and don't bother farming/equipping anything purple until the meta changes. You don't want to use something that took a month to farm on a toon that just became average or worse
  • Options
    This is the first real change that makes the game pay to win (at least as far as arena goes).

The difference between f2p and p2w will not be what toons you use, but what gear level you can get them to

If you are f2p get used to not being top in arena, but all the other parts of the game will still be enjoyable and don't bother farming/equipping anything purple until the meta changes. You don't want to use something that took a month to farm on a toon that just became average or worse

The problem is, this doesn't only kill free to play players. If It truly DOES become a p2w factor all small-moderate spenders are also screwed. Only whales will swim.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Wow. I really don't have words to describe how I feel right now. Getting geared up has been a joke
    with the terrible drop rates, but this. Wow. Just wow.
  • Options
    effdash wrote: »
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    What is the Max Daily Player thing...does that mean after I get level 80 that and do the dailys I get a purple ability mat because I no longer get XP?

Yup

Just one? It'd have been nice if there was maybe a small XP to energy conversion imho. I'm not going to say no to a purple mat each day, but still.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Mc1 wrote: »
    Wow. I really don't have words to describe how I feel right now. Getting geared up has been a joke
    with the terrible drop rates, but this. Wow. Just wow.

Unless the new gear required is actually present in the higher level challenges, this may very well be the end of the line for a lot of players. Gearing was BRUTAL in this game at high levels to begin with. Now it seems to have been made worse. Wow.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*