3/31 Update Comment and Discussion Megathread

Prev13456719
warmonkey1024
598 posts
edited March 2016
please use this thread for all discussion related to the 3/31 patch.

You can find the patch notes here..

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/23789/game-update-3-31-2016#latest
Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    please use this thread for all discussion related to the 3/3 patch.

I shall, once I figure out how to go back in time.
  • Options
    What?!? I can't believe they nerfed <insert toon name here>, the devs have no idea!!
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Read the notes before getting silly. :|
  • Options
    As expected QGJ and GS had their respective level 8 abilities changed

Other than that, nothing new, except for the extra surprise that they aren't taking about but is probably the Poe and Phas shards
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Read the note before getting silly. :|

Sorry Mr no fun :D

I did notice QGJ got his leadership nerfed which I think is more balanced, and I run QGJ lead! Speed bonus to all allies was going to be op
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Craft your mark V droid callers now. Price is going up. RG and QG both need them to get gear IX. Anyone else need them or should I limit my pre investment?

Anyone know where the other ones are used and if you can craft early

Making the CEC furnace have another 50 item in it is kind of ridiculous. It's a bottle neck for lots of characters. Provide the new item is a challenge item it will be okay but if it isn't it will be rough.
  • Options
    I'm hoping the surprise is referring to something about the Yoda event as hinted by a Dev in another thread.
  • Options
    I have yet to get any shards for either Poe or phasma, and I'm curious is they are changing gear 9 Ima gun di requirements and I've filled out all but one of gear 8 then what will I have wasted in getting to gear 9?
  • Options
    Skeptical about the gear changes/additions.

If they're not adding an 8th star(which they won't) they gotta move the farm elsewhere.

Watch this space people.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Read the note before getting silly. :|

Sorry Mr no fun :D

I did notice QGJ got his leadership nerfed which I think is more balanced, and I run QGJ lead! Speed bonus to all allies was going to be op

I am fun.. :(

I agree about QJ, and I run him too.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Options
    "50 Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage items"
    do those even exist right now?
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Craft your mark V droid callers now. Price is going up. RG and QG both need them to get gear IX. Anyone else need them or should I limit my pre investment?

Anyone know where the other ones are used and if you can craft early

Making the CEC furnace have another 50 item in it is kind of ridiculous. It's a bottle neck for lots of characters. Provide the new item is a challenge item it will be okay but if it isn't it will be rough.

the furance is a nightmare now....

Droid callers mk 5

Eeth, Mace, QGJ, Daka that I can confirm. My RG is still a work in progress.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace also requires 50 Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage items

This is the gear that a majority of chracters require for going to gear 9. Already need 70 purples, 50 of it are the famous purple hair dryers.

Really can't believe they even add more. I hope the level 72 challenes make up for it!
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ's " Potency Up for 1 turn at the beginning of each encounter."

Is that to counter Sid's evade against Jedi?
  • Options
    Awesome. Farming more purple gear. :/
  • Options
    Interested to see what the max level daily reward is. New ability material?

Guess someone like yoyoyada will tell us about 1hr after the update lol.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

This is the gear that a majority of chracters require for going to gear 9. Already need 70 purples, 50 of it are the famous purple hair dryers.

Really can't believe they even add more. I hope the level 72 challenes make up for it!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15567/challenge-rewards-updated-with-level-increase

Here was the challenge gear when the game was last updated and they weren't hidden
  • Options
    What is the Max Daily Player thing...does that mean after I get level 80 that and do the dailys I get a purple ability mat because I no longer get XP?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who did NOT expect the GS and QGJ rank 8 abilities to be changed was deluding themselves. I would have been very confused and disappointed if they left those in, they were obvious disasters in waiting.
    Good job there dev team.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    So now QGJ will need 50 extra pieces to go to 9? Do they even have those pieces yet?
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    JSnow54 wrote: »

Potency is the chance to apply effects, that wont help Jedi actually hit him, but if they did it would increase the chance of say Eeth stun landing.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options

Yup...that is one the one
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15567/challenge-rewards-updated-with-level-increase

Here was the challenge gear when the game was last updated and they weren't hidden

that has MK 8 Binoculars, but the notes say one piece of gear will require 50 Mk 9, and another will require 50 Mk 10
  • Options
    Potency isnt usually all that useful for Jedi, is it? Seems like evade, crit damage, or tenacity mightve been better
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    IMG
  • effdash
    150 posts Member
    Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    What is the Max Daily Player thing...does that mean after I get level 80 that and do the dailys I get a purple ability mat because I no longer get XP?

Yup
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Randall wrote: »
    JSnow54 wrote: »

Potency is the chance to apply effects, that wont help Jedi actually hit him, but if they did it would increase the chance of say Eeth stun landing.

Thanks
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously increasing the requirements for purple gear? That's the exact opposite of what we wanted smh..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Gear added...
  • Options
    Thank god I already have 3, YES 3!, mk 5 fusion furnaces !