Will simming the Tank Raid break the three Jedi Quests?

Replies

• Options
    Bottom line is that the quest system is kind of antiquated. You should be able to do the quests at any time. they are an "individual" quest, but you have to rely on your guild to complete them? (Not only that, you can only have 3 active at a time? What The Heckles?)

I finished Kenobi, but I'm stuck on the Han quest myself. I'm hoping that it counts during the Super Rancor raid too.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that it counts during the Super Rancor raid too.

Two people have since confirmed that it does!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/238881/will-i-be-able-to-get-my-15-han-solo-shards
  • Options
    Yeah, annoyingly I’m on the final stage of Jedi Master and although having had 1st place plenty of times in the past, fortune was not in my favour in the “lucky dip” of the ordering when you sign up since I completed stage 3.

The sim today did not give me the tick in the box, so it’s a shame to have to ask the guild if they don’t mind me having a go on manual at some point in the future. Just one of those things I guess.
  • Options
    Damon_Skye wrote: »
    Yeah, annoyingly I’m on the final stage of Jedi Master and although having had 1st place plenty of times in the past

What you just brought up is one of the many questions I have asked the devs during the Q&As that were never answered.

If a player already has the Tank Tamer title (for being in 1st place in the HAAT/Tank raid), why does that player need to prove himself/herself yet again when they get to Jedi Master Quest 4/4? The game already knows they have done this at least once already.
  • Options
    li5bbv50tppt.jpeg

And how can i complete this if my guild only do Geo TB ? Beg my guild to do once a Hoth TB or leave my guild ?
  • Options
    li5bbv50tppt.jpeg

And how can i complete this if my guild only do Geo TB ? Beg my guild to do once a Hoth TB or leave my guild ?

Unfortunately yes. Ask for a Hoth TB or take a one week vacation from your guild. It was what I had to do.

Do you have a decent Rogue One team? If you don't there is no point as it's needed for the mission.
  • Options
    I just got to the jedi knight quest 4/4 when simming haat introduced. Somehow the first time we have simmed the raid, I got progress to the quest. Yesterday was the second time when we simmed the haat, and I did not get any progress in the quest. How that's even possible? I'm sure I got the 1/5 from the simmed raid. Maybe the results aren't fixed for 25th place?

rt5agny0vkma.jpg
  • Options
    Narzis wrote: »
    I just got to the jedi knight quest 4/4 when simming haat introduced. Somehow the first time we have simmed the raid, I got progress to the quest. Yesterday was the second time when we simmed the haat, and I did not get any progress in the quest. How that's even possible? I'm sure I got the 1/5 from the simmed raid. Maybe the results aren't fixed for 25th place?

Is it possible you are mistaken on the timeline? That would explain why you think it worked the first time but not the second time.
  • Options
    It would be nice if CG would just keep track of these quest activities, so that when you get to the specific quest, you can automatically get credit for them. I've lost track of how many times I've got 1st place in my guild for HAAT. It's unfortunate that now that I am at this quest and we are now simming HAAT, I can no longer get past this quest.
  • Options
    It would be nice if CG would just keep track of these quest activities, so that when you get to the specific quest, you can automatically get credit for them. I've lost track of how many times I've got 1st place in my guild for HAAT. It's unfortunate that now that I am at this quest and we are now simming HAAT, I can no longer get past this quest.

Holy crap, this is the worst necro I’ve seen in a WHILE. Definitely takes necro of the week.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

Holy crap, this is the worst necro I’ve seen in a WHILE. Definitely takes necro of the week.

Agreed. Maybe even necro of the month.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    You get assigned a random rank each time the raid is simmed. So eventually you may get the quest done. I'm at 2/3 on one of them, where I was at 0 when the simming started.

Eventually...
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    You get assigned a random rank each time the raid is simmed. So eventually you may get the quest done. I'm at 2/3 on one of them, where I was at 0 when the simming started.

Eventually...

No. Simming does not count towards quests, regardless of what "place" you get from a simmed raid.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Eventually...

No. Simming does not count towards quests, regardless of what "place" you get from a simmed raid.
    You are wrong @StarSon

They absolutely do count.

bth9pbzusqq9.jpeg

I was on 0/3 on this back in April. And we have simmed every HAAT since.
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    colter92 wrote: »
    I would think CG can have the achievements trigger retroactively if they were so inclined to spend a few minutes on it. When Pit and AAT became simmable guilds didn't have to complete them an extra 50 times. But, as other pointed out these quests don't carry much importance.

I wonder when they changed it?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1801656#Comment_1801656
    I’m not receiving any progress towards my raid quests any more, why not?
    Simmed Raids don't count towards quests. You’ll need to beat the raid manually in order to get credit for quests.
  • Options
    My guess is they didn't change it. They just didn't check how it worked when they implemented simming.
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is they didn't change it. They just didn't check how it worked when they implemented simming.

Except at one point it 100% wasn't working for quest progress. Though I think that post was specific to when they added Pit sims.
  • Options
    I can't comment on Pit sims.

I wouldn't put it past the devs to have it working for HAAT but not for Pit.
  • Options

Would you rather an new post about something that has already been discussed? At least they searched or a post first to comment on instead, right?
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

Would you rather an new post about something that has already been discussed? At least they searched or a post first to comment on instead, right?

Well except it is against the rules, sorta. They don't spell out the exact time frame.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Well except it is against the rules, sorta. They don't spell out the exact time frame.

I think with an ongoing bug it should be able to circumvent the rules on necro posts. Look how long the unending loyalty bug took to fix.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I think with an ongoing bug it should be able to circumvent the rules on necro posts. Look how long the unending loyalty bug took to fix.

If it's a bug it shouldn't be discussed here at all, so definitely necro bad.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »

Agreed. Maybe even necro of the month.

Dude, we jumped the gun HARD on calling necro of the week

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/213978/how-do-you-beat-geos#latest
  • Options
    Yeah you won’t get through sim I just asked guild to take off so I could complete but there are some that don’t sim every tank so you won’t have to ask.
  • Options
    You can absolutely get the tank rankings through simming, although it's all rng. When you join the raid you are assigned a place. If you are signed on or about the requirement for the quest you will receive progress. I just finished Jedi Knight 4/4 through simming. I was assigned first through the rng upon joining. Once the raid simmed it counted as my 3rd time getting 3rd place or better. 2bad6ag7u4da.jpg
  • Options
    Since I am the original poster of this semi-necro posting, I thought you all might like to know...

If you have purchased the hyperdrive bundle and have done the "destroy the door panel 10 times" quest in either the OG or CPIT Rancor raids.....You will have yet another Tank quest to do. This one, CANNOT be done with simming.

Destroy the tank turret 10 times. (The turret at the top). The good news is that if you know what you are doing, you can solo the whole thing. The turret can be destroyed 5 times during phase 2 and 5 times during phase 4.

and once you pass that one, the next quest (and final) is destroy each of Traya's lightsabers 10 times.
  • LordDirt
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    Since I am the original poster of this semi-necro posting, I thought you all might like to know...

If you have purchased the hyperdrive bundle and have done the "destroy the door panel 10 times" quest in either the OG or CPIT Rancor raids.....You will have yet another Tank quest to do. This one, CANNOT be done with simming.

Destroy the tank turret 10 times. (The turret at the top). The good news is that if you know what you are doing, you can solo the whole thing. The turret can be destroyed 5 times during phase 2 and 5 times during phase 4.

and once you pass that one, the next quest (and final) is destroy each of Traya's lightsabers 10 times.

Too bad guilds like mine just sim the tank. :(
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    Yeah you won’t get through sim I just asked guild to take off so I could complete but there are some that don’t sim every tank so you won’t have to ask.
    Did you read the posts above? This is incorrect.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Make alts
    Add to a guild
    Ticket farm
    Solo raids with your account when you do get enough tickets
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    Did you read the posts above? This is incorrect.
    speaking from experience over 5 mil gp got no progress through sim including top ten.

Now r u to say I haven’t been top 10 once through sim I doubt it more like it doesn’t count correctly