The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• rickertron
    336 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Already found Raids to be a chore and not overly engaging, this takes Raids to a whole other level of Meh!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Turbo87 wrote: »
    Is there anyway we could get clarification on this video. https://youtu.be/vNvJZmvU24s to me it makes it look like the bonuses only stack if you yourself go over the threshold in the phase. Would be nice to get clarification on how the bonuses stack and work.

This was pointed out before and passed along. they were looking into it, but we should see a fix in the update today.

What is it that they think is broken, and how are they fixing it?
    TVF wrote: »
    DarthAndy wrote: »
    Was hoping that vid was correct. Ugh. So its back to hating on international and multi-timezone guilds again?

How does it hate on international guilds? You don't have to run it California time.

what was discussed earlier in this thread and in that video about the stacking not stacking correctly. they are fixing it so it stacks correctly, as it is described.

I don't really want to read through 22 pages to find out "what was discussed."

Are you saying that it currently doesn't always stack properly in p2 and p3 across the entire guild, and this is going to be fixed to ensure it does? Because that entire mechanic is bad, and the fact that CG is doubling down on it is really disheartening.

it is going to stack properly after the fix.

Talk about CG being tone deaf.

Players: We don't like how much micromanagement we have to do for bad rewards
    CG: Okay, fam, we got you
    Players: oh thank goodness
    CG: We heard your feedback, but decided you didn't really know what you wanted, so here's a game mode that quintuples the amount of micromanaging for worse rewards than usual.
  • Options
    Is there anyway we could get clarification on this video. https://youtu.be/vNvJZmvU24s to me it makes it look like the bonuses only stack if you yourself go over the threshold in the phase. Would be nice to get clarification on how the bonuses stack and work.

This was pointed out before and passed along. they were looking into it, but we should see a fix in the update today.

Was hoping that vid was correct. Ugh. So its back to hating on international and multi-timezone guilds again?

How does it hate on international guilds? You don't have to run it California time.

what was discussed earlier in this thread and in that video about the stacking not stacking correctly. they are fixing it so it stacks correctly, as it is described.

Are you saying that it currently doesn't always stack properly in p2 and p3 across the entire guild, and this is going to be fixed to ensure it does? Because that entire mechanic is bad, and the fact that CG is doubling down on it is really disheartening.

Wait, what does "properly" mean in this context? Individually or universally?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

properly means as it is written, which is universal, as it has been stated to be, its just not happening 100% of the time.
  • Options

properly means as it is written, which is universal, as it has been stated to be, its just not happening 100% of the time.

Much disappoint.
  • CadeVenx
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I'm really not a fan of the health scaling mechanic. It does nothing in a properly executed clear except make guild officers' lives worse. I've spent more time over the last week coordinating people's schedules than actually playing the game. I do enough of that at my work and I really don't need swgoh to be a project management sim in disguise.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett why do you hate guild officers so much?
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair, I hate some of them too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_Doja_Fett why do you hate guild officers so much?

There is some saying about shooting the messenger, but I forget what it is too......
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Guild officers shouldn’t be officers if they can’t manage the guild
  • Options
    CG_Doja_Fett why do you hate guild officers so much?

There is some saying about shooting the messenger, but I forget what it is too......

Ok. Fine. @CG_Doja_Fett why do your bosses hate guild officers so much?
  • Options

Beatings will continue until morale improves. Got it. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Guild officers shouldn’t be officers if they can’t manage the guild

Just because they are capable, and the members are willing and able, does not mean people enjoy it. Unless you have repeatedly asked for more ways to require you to micromanage 49 other people in this game?
  • Options

Where in the raid details does it state that it is supposed to stack guild wide? I read it as a mechanic for an individual encounter...like other raids. maybe I missed it?
  • Options
    What's happening, it'll be made worse than it is rn?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

Where in the raid details does it state that it is supposed to stack guild wide? I read it as a mechanic for an individual encounter...like other raids. maybe I missed it?
    Unique 2 - Pit Fighter II
    Description: This unit has +50% Tenacity while it isn't Toppled and is immune to Turn Meter Reduction effects.
    For every 20% of its Health lost, this unit gains 75% Offense and Speed (stacking).
    At the start of each of its turns, this unit gains 50 Armor Penetration and 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency (stacking) and all enemies both active and defeated lose 5% Offense, Tenacity, and Mastery (stacking) until end of encounter, tripled for Galactic Legends.

Here.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    What's happening, it'll be made worse than it is rn?

Technically? Apparently the enemy bonuses didn't always stack properly. But every guild doing the raid was already pre-loading damage anyway, so a guild completing it before will continue to complete it.
  • crzydroid
    7342 posts Moderator
    Options
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Every holiday season CG ushers in a new kick in the pants. Just as it seemed the previous kick in the pants was the worst pain imaginable. Next Christmas a raid where you have to wait in game for 2 hours before you can apply damage to the boss, but the boss have 98% evasion. Stay tuned. More things EA does to see how much abuse you will take as the fiscal year comes to a close.

The fiscal year actually ends in July, I believe.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Every holiday season CG ushers in a new kick in the pants. Just as it seemed the previous kick in the pants was the worst pain imaginable. Next Christmas a raid where you have to wait in game for 2 hours before you can apply damage to the boss, but the boss have 98% evasion. Stay tuned. More things EA does to see how much abuse you will take as the fiscal year comes to a close.

The fiscal year actually ends in July, I believe.

Yeah, CG doesn't need a reason to screw over their players. They can make us hate things at any time throughout the fiscal year.
  • Options

Description: This unit has +50% Tenacity while it isn't Toppled and is immune to Turn Meter Reduction effects.
    For every 20% of its Health lost, this unit gains 75% Offense and Speed (stacking).
    At the start of each of its turns, this unit gains 50 Armor Penetration and 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency (stacking) and all enemies both active and defeated lose 5% Offense, Tenacity, and Mastery (stacking) until end of encounter, tripled for Galactic Legends.

Here.
    Again, where? Does it say per my encounter which I assume all current raid details pertain too or does it state for the entire guild? Maybe I have read these raid details incorrectly all these years.
  • Options
    And if high-powered guilds are having problems with this, what chance do the rest of us have?! Even if we do power up to a level where we can really attempt the raid, we get kicked in the nuts with the same ramping damage mechanic.

* ditch the raid-wide ramping damage mechanic
    * apply a similar mechanic to each individual attempt based on the damage done in that attempt, say every 3-5% damage done

No more crazy coordination requirement but..
    Guilds still have to reach a significant power level to succeed.
    No one squad can do crazy damage.

And put some more creative energy into actually flattening the loot table to fairly reward all who are contributing in their guild's success.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Here.
    Again, where? Does it say per my encounter which I assume all current raid details pertain too or does it state for the entire guild? Maybe I have read these raid details incorrectly all these years.

does the raid boss have a health meter for the entire guild or for each player? that is the only way to measure the health lost.
  • Options

Here.

does the raid boss have a health meter for the entire guild or for each player? that is the only way to measure the health lost.

That is simply not true. There is nothing stopping CG from enforcing this within the battle instead of guild wide.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Here.

That is simply not true. There is nothing stopping CG from enforcing this within the battle instead of guild wide.

sorry I should have said current. because currently there is no player based health bar for each run we make. and yes they could have made a different mechanic, no one is saying it had to be this way or this was the only way it could be done.

correct they could have made a different mechanic.
  • Options

Here.

You are looking at that holistically...which again is my point to the raid details. Is it for the encounter or for the guild. I guess I never knew the extra 50% tenacity also kicked in for the rest of guild in the old raid once I posted. It should kick when I do the 20% myself...if someone else is battling at the same time the mechanic doesn’t kick in...same with others. It only kicks in after you post. When have several players hitting the raid with different levels of damage who post at different times you get this mess. Guilds are bypassing by posting at once which is ridiculous. I assume the goal was to prevent solos...I didn’t realize the goal was for us to schedule a “nerd” zoom call to make sure everyone posts at once.
  • Options

Here.

sorry I should have said current. because currently there is no player based health bar for each run we make. and yes they could have made a different mechanic, no one is saying it had to be this way or this was the only way it could be done.

correct they could have made a different mechanic.

Even without visual cues towards us, these things gets calculated by the system...as evident by various gcs that caused problem for us due to lack of any counter.
  • Options
    It's a shame that we still haven't heard from CG on this.