• Options
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Kyno I don't think it leads anywhere answering to this topic again as our opinions on this are clearly different and we won't agree with each other.
    But is the answer to the stacking speed coming with the feedback to what Doja wrote about earlier or can you / the devs already share somthing?
    Noted some of possible bugs being reported earlier [...]
    This is what I'm talking about:
    Nemio wrote: »
    Here, the boss has under 20% health. If it is working like you say, he should have 100%+75+75+75+75 = 400% speed. So anywhere between 880 and 1200. Then Jedi Master Luke goes before him. Unless I'm missing something (would appreciate someone pointing it out if so), the mechanics are not working as you are saying they are. It would be nice to have more insight than: 'It is working as intended'. He is indeed faster and seems to hit harder later on in the fight, but nowhere close to 4 times 75% buffs.

This is the issues he is referring to. We wont hear anything for a little bit due to the bug guy being out, I believe with a bug (ah the irony).

So a studio of CG's size only has ONE guy that can fix this? I read that as just another reason to believe that CG is back burning SWGOH for their new game.

No that's not what was said, please go back and read Dojas comment.

As always, don't let the truth in the way of a good story.
    Noted some of possible bugs being reported earlier and sent them to the appropriate person without realizing they are out sick today. So, as a backup plan, I sent to our general QA dept.

Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon. Might be next week, tho given our resident expert on bugs for this particular raid is out.

Sooooo....the "appropriate PERSON" and "resident expert" (singular) is out...so therefore, we have to wait....which would imply that there is ONE person for this....you know....since we have to wait until that ONE person gets back to work for resolution....becasue there is ONE person. As always, dont let the truth get in the way there Kyno.

Resident expert on bugs for this particular raid.

That in no way states or implies there is only one person who handles all bugs, or is the only one who can fix this. Just that they have one person who would make quicker work of this than others on the team.

But you dont want to believe they have a team, and its basically Crumb and Doja doing all of this from one computer.

He said basically why is there only one person handling bugs in the new Frontline content for swgoh...

You essentially called him a liar saying there isn't just 1 person.

Then he provided support for there being only one person coming directly from someone who actually works at cg (your a volunteer right?)

Then you put words in his mouth like he doesn't beleive there is a team and cg has 1 computed both things he didn't say to try to prove him wrong?

Very childish behavior imo. But hey it's 2020 forum is for players to voice their opinions or just a place to be ridiculed by mods who don't let the truth get in the way of their good stories?

We have been burdened with Kyno for years would be nice to get a new conduit. Maybe even an actual EA employee.

I wouldn’t say that we have been burdened with Kyno, he does a good job. I didn’t take his comments as mean or spiteful, as we have had back and forths before, so no harm no foul there. He is wrong though, he let his CGDF viewpoint get in the way of the truth.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2940 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Kyno I don't think it leads anywhere answering to this topic again as our opinions on this are clearly different and we won't agree with each other.
    But is the answer to the stacking speed coming with the feedback to what Doja wrote about earlier or can you / the devs already share somthing?
    Here, the boss has under 20% health. If it is working like you say, he should have 100%+75+75+75+75 = 400% speed. So anywhere between 880 and 1200. Then Jedi Master Luke goes before him. Unless I'm missing something (would appreciate someone pointing it out if so), the mechanics are not working as you are saying they are. It would be nice to have more insight than: 'It is working as intended'. He is indeed faster and seems to hit harder later on in the fight, but nowhere close to 4 times 75% buffs.

This is the issues he is referring to. We wont hear anything for a little bit due to the bug guy being out, I believe with a bug (ah the irony).

So a studio of CG's size only has ONE guy that can fix this? I read that as just another reason to believe that CG is back burning SWGOH for their new game.

Noted some of possible bugs being reported earlier and sent them to the appropriate person without realizing they are out sick today. So, as a backup plan, I sent to our general QA dept.

Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon. Might be next week, tho given our resident expert on bugs for this particular raid is out.

Sooooo....the "appropriate PERSON" and "resident expert" (singular) is out...so therefore, we have to wait....which would imply that there is ONE person for this....you know....since we have to wait until that ONE person gets back to work for resolution....becasue there is ONE person. As always, dont let the truth get in the way there Kyno.

That in no way states or implies there is only one person who handles all bugs, or is the only one who can fix this. Just that they have one person who would make quicker work of this than others on the team.

But you dont want to believe they have a team, and its basically Crumb and Doja doing all of this from one computer.

He said basically why is there only one person handling bugs in the new Frontline content for swgoh...

Then he provided support for there being only one person coming directly from someone who actually works at cg (your a volunteer right?)

Then you put words in his mouth like he doesn't beleive there is a team and cg has 1 computed both things he didn't say to try to prove him wrong?

Very childish behavior imo. But hey it's 2020 forum is for players to voice their opinions or just a place to be ridiculed by mods who don't let the truth get in the way of their good stories?

We have been burdened with Kyno for years would be nice to get a new conduit. Maybe even an actual EA employee.

I wouldn’t say that we have been burdened with Kyno, he does a good job. I didn’t take his comments as mean or spiteful, as we have had back and forths before, so no harm no foul there. He is wrong though, he let his CGDF viewpoint get in the way of the truth.

I am willing to see if there is a better option...if we can voice our opinions. You have yours there is a long list of players banned by kyno for having an opinion who would like to have theirs.

You can have an opinion here, but there are rules to share that opinion. I’m no CG apologist by any stretch of the imagination as I call out CG for their lies, lack of follow thru, disregard of the community, absence of content and radio silence. I’m not banned, but I’ve been warned a couple of times, so warranted, others not so much. Bottom line, you can be critical of CG without being banned.
  • Options
    On the contrary, it is Kyno who has been burdened with us for years. Frankly I am amazed that he is still volunteer moderating. You couldn't pay me to do it.

There are also official EA employees who helicopter in to moderate seemingly at random and some of them are far less tolerant.
    I am willing to see if there is a better option...if we can voice our opinions. You have yours there is a long list of players banned by kyno for having an opinion who would like to have theirs.
    I have disagreed with Kyno on many occasions and the thing he ever dinged me for was a meme which broke the nanny filter rules, which are not of his making.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Just to be clear, I am very much against banning. I will definitely issues warnings, and that can lead to some temporary restrictions to Forum privileges, but not an all out ban. The list of Forum goers I have actually banned (me hitting the ban button, which has no time limit) is very short.

Feel free to reach out to CG_SBCrumb or CG_Doja_Fett and volunteer yourself or any other options you wish to see.
  • Options
    Seriously? Imo the loot looks absolutely horrible. It's way worse than HSTR gear (not counting the R8 mats). Did you even see the pics that MaruMaru posted? The vast majority of the gear pieces in those pictures are things that neither I nor other long-time players have any need for.

What? I'm a long time player with a decent crystal income, and with about 3 weeks left to go on my 2nd GL, I'm empty on a lot of g12/left side gear.

On top of that, if you want r8, you're going to need to trade in a bunch of g12/left for Electrium Conductors. I've got a few less-needed pieces (mostly the wristbands) ready for my r6/r7 toons, but I think I'm actually 1 short right now, and that's after I farm up the last 3 left side pieces I need for the last 3 required toons. (none wrist bands, more's the pity)

I can always use more Electrium conductors, so, yeah. I'm a long time player who can use a lot of that gear.

That's not to say I think the rewards are good. It's just to say that that one claim of yours, this one
    The vast majority of the gear pieces in those pictures are things that neither I nor other long-time players have any need for

doesn't ring remotely true to me. As far as I'm concerned, we can always use more Carbantis, Stun Guns & g12/left pieces (or salvage).
  • Options
    The song remains the same, if you can complete it, it's fine. If you can't it's unfair. It's whale daycare, and a fundraiser. It's EA remember? Just another day in the Galaxy. We hated HSTR at first, now it's on farm. We'll finish Rancor boy at some point on our terms, on our time table. You can now resume your condo. Lol
  • Options
    I guess CG figured that it’s possible and also not asking too much from customers to have at least 25-30 people available at any given time to coordinate.

I am not willing to take breaks during work or get up early or stay up late for this raid.
  • Options
    My guild failed miserably because it has to be coordinated so tightly, that even the slightest failure could result in an unbeatable T1.
    We had the teams, we tried in airplane mode, but some dumbasses started posting and it got all chaotic all of a sudden.
    The obligatory game crash happened too, so yeah... Bummer lol
  • Options
    Just my opinion: I hate this relic 5 limitation - it's really strange. I totally understand it as a paywall just so that users would spend more to get those materials.

I have a lot of relic characters but only best from my point are R5+. E.g. I have GAS team, but my clones are R3-4, thus I'm not able to use this team at all.
    So basically,I will have only 1 proper SLKR team, and that's all. And for some reason I now need to relic up different crap-characters that have less use for me just to make some dmg in raid.

I really hope this limitation will be removed (or at least reduced till G12-G13-R1) similar to Galactic Challenge limitations.
  • Options
    Demerzel wrote: »
    The new raid has a mechanic that everytime the boss drops bellow a 20% threshold, the raid becomes harder.

This seems to be a very big flaw or simply a bug in the raid.

By adding this mechanic, CG is forcing 50-players to be online at the exact same time, and to post scores at the exact time, something that condradicts the game philosophy from the past 5 years

I think this was initially meant to apply only to singular runs, so it prevents solo raid teams for a long time, but somehow it got added globally by mistake.

Can we please get an official comment if CG actually meant for 50 people to be online at the same time and sync scores on a mobile game?

Or a bad character design.
    I mean they say he is the ultimate tank, but he is only a tank as a leader (or under Bastilla). Then you have to sacrifice all your allies abilities to spread your ulti with the jedi lessons, so there might be a small chance you get it.
    To then realize it is mostly an art thing rather than buffing the character or the team. Again, he has to be a leader to access his ulti, fackin ridiculous imo.
    Not a huge fan of the raid either especially the relic 5 requirement, but it is what it is.
    Did i expect anything better after the Light side Geos? No.
    I had some hopes for the game lately, but after the relic 8 and the raid i think there is no saving this shieet.
    But the game is not built for me its built for the whales and it won't change.
    Especially when we have people taking toons such as CUP and stuff like that to relic 8. This guy probably spent about 100 dollars to have some laughs on reddit.
  • Options
    The relic gate needs to be lowered. I understand forcing R1 as it’s not a massive investment of relic materials by any stretch.

The mechanic of damage increase and speed increase needs to be per run, not collective. This forced collaboration of being on at the same time or making a massive kraken investment is utter garbage. If it’s per run to prevent solo’s. Fine. Not collectively.

The rewards need to be reworked. Take the awful tank rewards and other G5 gear out of there. There’s ZERO reason for it to be included in there. Maru Maru showed decent rewards in his post, but some got those junk rewards and I’d be furious if I had to invest into relic toons for a raid just to get something I use to take a toon from G5 to G6. Data collection be damned, there’s zero reason for it.

Fix the percent damage health effect bugs for GL’s and toons like Malak and KRU. It’s like you guys don’t even test.

@CG_Doja_Fett I’m fairly certain this is the collective desires and common problems we all have with this raid. Please let the devs know, especially CG_TopCash that this isn’t asking a lot by your paying customers.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The relic gate needs to be lowered. I understand forcing R1 as it’s not a massive investment of relic materials by any stretch.

The mechanic of damage increase and speed increase needs to be per run, not collective. This forced collaboration of being on at the same time or making a massive kraken investment is utter garbage. If it’s per run to prevent solo’s. Fine. Not collectively.

The rewards need to be reworked. Take the awful tank rewards and other G5 gear out of there. There’s ZERO reason for it to be included in there. Maru Maru showed decent rewards in his post, but some got those junk rewards and I’d be furious if I had to invest into relic toons for a raid just to get something I use to take a toon from G5 to G6. Data collection be damned, there’s zero reason for it.

Fix the percent damage health effect bugs for GL’s and toons like Malak and KRU. It’s like you guys don’t even test.

@CG_Doja_Fett I’m fairly certain this is the collective desires and common problems we all have with this raid. Please let the devs know, especially CG_TopCash that this isn’t asking a lot by your paying customers.

All are from the same guild btw, they were lying around conveniently, so I posted.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

All are from the same guild btw, they were lying around conveniently, so I posted.

And they showed some decent rewards. It was nice to see some legit g12 gear in there. However the possibility of getting trash like mk7 thermal detonators?? Come on now. There shouldn’t be any kind of chance for rewards like that
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    On a less critical note, how many runs of challenge rancor are we going to be capped to weekly in terms of earning rewards?
    @Kyno @CG_Doja_Fett

The raid is 180K tix to launch. This amount allows the raid to be launched every 6 days (assuming perfect raid tix, 30K daily, from your guild).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    On a less critical note, how many runs of challenge rancor are we going to be capped to weekly in terms of earning rewards?
    Kyno CG_Doja_Fett
    Konju wrote: »
    Kyno CG_Doja_Fett

The raid is 180K tix to launch. This amount allows the raid to be launched every 6 days (assuming perfect raid tix, 30K daily, from your guild).

This. I think all the raids are basically maxed at the "max possible" with ticket collection, with a little wiggle room. this means, you can run 2 in one week, but no more than say 3 in 2 week period. (speculation, i dont know exact numbers)

i will see if Doja can put out confirmed numbers.
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    I heard the current limit is 5 raids per month, but yeah, some official confirmation would be nice
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I heard the current limit is 5 raids per month, but yeah, some official confirmation would be nice

months have different lengths and that would also depend on when you do the "first raid of the month". also from my understanding they don't calculate those maxes that way, its always done per week/2 week period that you get locked out on. just have to keep that in mind, for anyone trying to min/max things.
  • Options
    I have several complaint about this.

- relic 5 requirement is too high maybe relic 3
    - There is no guild credit in reward but it must be, this is a raid!
    - We have to earn both relic 8 materials from rewards. Only one is not enough.
    - Quality of reward very poor according to difficulties
    - this game is not online based a game, we have to fight same time with my guild member but it is not easy to do that always. The boss getting strength each %20, this is too much. Maybe last %20 can get max strength if the purpose not able to solo it.

Maybe people wrote same things like me but I didn’t read all topic therefore I wrote again maybe 😄
  • Options
    So... Guild hopping is back nice
  • Options
    Sigh....another attempt most likely to time out for my guild. Why?

Well many of us have relic toons, just not R5...

Many of us have lives so we can’t coordinate enough across the time zones to mitigate the insane mechanic of permanent stacking offense and speed between runs.

Curious how this is supposed to be labeled as “new content” when it’s just barely reskinned artistically, and just cheap stat changes, while also excluding a huge portion of the community...what a joke
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb the Rewards structure of this Raid is far away from flat - i wonder why you don't handle the Rewards like you handle the Crate and simply let RNG decide how many of the R8 mats people receive. What would you achieve with that? People would see it as a guild event where everyone has the chance to get 1-10 of these mats based on RNG. Instead what you now created is what according to your post is what you wanted to avoid: tension in guilds, special rules, guild hopping and in the long run it will just hurt your game.

sincerely
    Sampool
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1795 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Throwing my 2 cents into the void, why not?

I also really dislike the 20% threshold mechanic. As others have mentioned, the incentive to coordinate attacks is tiresome. I'm sure as we grow, coordinating attacks will eventually become a moot point, so I'd like to focus on the why.

Why this mechanic? We've been told this is what CG wanted. But why? If they wanted to make the difficulty higher, just use that Assault Battles stats slider and make it a bit tougher. What did they see in their testing that led them to believe this would be better (in terms of revenue, player sentiment, any metric) than just juicing the stats a bit more? I'm genuinely curious. From my perspective, all I see is unnecessary frustration that could have been easily avoided by using less effort.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    it's good and all about the new content, but without gathering of almost the whole of the guild members to hit simultaneously, it becomes impossible to pass it. people have to choose between their family/job or the new pit raid. it becomes too еngaging already and looks more like pure extortion - either you risk quarrels in the guild/family, loosing your job thus to participate in the raid or you ain't good for the guild.
    I'm sorry, but the devs must know that they are overdoing it already and we don't live in this game, but in the real life and many of us actually pay their bills
  • Options
    Throwing my 2 cents into the void, why not?

I also really dislike the 20% threshold mechanic. As others have mentioned, the incentive to coordinate attacks is tiresome. I'm sure as we grow, coordinating attacks will eventually become a moot point, so I'd like to focus on the why.

Why this mechanic? We've been told this is what CG wanted. But why? If they wanted to make the difficulty higher, just use that Assault Battles stats slider and make it a bit tougher. What did they see in their testing that led them to believe this would be better (in terms of revenue, player sentiment, any metric) than just juicing the stats a bit more? I'm genuinely curious. From my perspective, all I see is unnecessary frustration that could have been easily avoided by using less effort.

Precisely. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat you guys listening? Or is it still all about data collection?
  • Options
    All we do is gripe about the way CG brings out new content. I for one am glad we have Doja and the rest of the staff willing to produce content across all aspects of the game: Beginning, Middle, and Late Game. This raid is not for those just starting out or those in the middle but it is very endgame. If you don't like the coordination aspect then simply don't waste tickets trying to play it or move to a guild who is motivated and willing to coordinate. Its really not hard to do as most endgame guilds are already in a form of communication and coordination that can pull this off with just a small amount of planning and preparation. I think its a step in the right direction for the simple reason they are trying to keep the game interesting and most of all fun!! Just my .02
  • Options
    Is there anyway we could get clarification on this video. https://youtu.be/vNvJZmvU24s to me it makes it look like the bonuses only stack if you yourself go over the threshold in the phase. Would be nice to get clarification on how the bonuses stack and work.