The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Don’t bother complaining about needing r5. My r7 are barely surviving to do damage. R4 and below would just get 1 shot.

Not really, and I could use Wat Tambor or other toons like him at r4 at least

Regardless of how effective or not r5 vs r1 toons are, the option should be available and let the players do more RNG runs to survive longer

They should call it a "Watto Raid" - "Theorycrafting doesn't work on me....only relics."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    JMG680 wrote: »
    Hate it. Why have a relic 5 gate. I don’t want to relic everything up that high. I would rather get no damage and get to use my characters than not use them as I only have them at relic 3 or so.

Exactly. Perhaps my r3 resistance pilot would take a be eaten by the rancor insyead of my r7 rey jedi training..... id like that to have the possibility of happening.
  • Options
    I just don't understand the need to implement a gear requirement at all. I will echo the sentiment here on the forums that CG are tremendous hypocrites. They claim this is to help guilds, but it only helps further the divide between Whales and F2P. This is probably the worst case of blatant hypocrisy since we were told that they were going to help with the gear crunch, and they bring out a new type of gear that all new toons need at least 150 of each type, and all older toons need at least 100 for G13. They have made some strides to help new players. They obviously are beholden to the whales/krakens. When do the rest of us(I would argue the vast majority) get any bones thrown our way??
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Don’t bother complaining about needing r5. My r7 are barely surviving to do damage. R4 and below would just get 1 shot.

Not really, and I could use Wat Tambor or other toons like him at r4 at least

Regardless of how effective or not r5 vs r1 toons are, the option should be available and let the players do more RNG runs to survive longer

Yes.... also if this rancor eats peeps.... does it really matter if it was an r7, r3 or a gear 8?
  • MasterSeedy
    5040 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I went to go try to enjoy the raid, but the major key characters who had no real reason to go to R5 at any other point in the game prevent me from doing so, and the raid isn't enough to justify upgrading them, so it's effectively a waste of time.

You mean like multiple r5 Jawas?

Yeah. That's pretty brutal. There are folks with relic Jawas, but they're few & far between. I'm in the latter stages of a GL farm, so I can't even start on their g12 gear for 3-4 weeks, although I'll be pushing them up to g12 while I'm working on the final g12=>relic transitions necessary for SLKR>

Wat is... I don't even remember, but not relic'd. I do have him 7*, but by the time he got to 7* I was in the middle of other things & I stayed focussed instead of bringing him up. So I do need to get him done as well, but he's got a lot more utility than just this one raid.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    How did your guys’ first attempt go?

Found out that my GL Reys ultimate deals a whopping 32k dmg to the gammorean guard boss & my R7 Malak died before he could take a turn.

Cool. So it's all the stuff we hated about LS Geo TB but with a horrible reward structure to boot.

Amazing. Everything CG just did with this raid rerun is wrong.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Of course it's a R5 gate. R1-R4 are more accessible to achieve but of course the gate starts at R5 where the arodium heatsinks come into play. Typical.

aurodium heatsinks are easy to get. holo projectors.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The rancor getting stronger with every 20% health depleted is so dumb and shortsighted. So now the optimal strategy is to coordinate attacks so everyone battles and then sits in airplane mode and then post all together so you skip the harder part of the phase? Sounds like a blast...

That actually sounds like a good idea.
    No! It's just ridiculous to expect something like that. Only the 1% of highest competitive guilds, who have whales/krakens and a lot of free time for coordination, would be able to do something like that. Games are meant to be fun, not to cost you more nerves than the actual rl job. I'm an officer in my guild and can't expect 50 people to coordinate over hours like that. Also, as it as been stated by others before: all of this is going to divide guilds again. We will lose the handful of top players we have, again, just because we won't be able to finish that raid from the beginning. The r5 gate keeps a lot of players from contributing much at all. In all other guild events the stronger players support the weaker ones and together, we make a pretty good team in TW and TB, even though there's much variation between our gp and arena ranks.
  • Options
    1. The rewards aren't flattened, they're actually even more skewed towards the top end than hSTR was.

2. Relic 5 restriction = no point in putting effort into the mode. The rewards don't justify multi-team investment.

3. The absurd crafting cost of the scavenger R8 materials means that even if the raid was flattened, it wouldn't get priority anyway.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    The only guilds that can do this have full rosters of relic toons... So the gear box is useless at that point of the game
  • Options
    camper288 wrote: »
    Without the g5 requirement how would my damage be?
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/200463/
    It's just a silly question

well that team won't fare well in pit challenge tier. the more you attack the more TM the boss guard gets. so you'd get wiped quite quickly. it took 2 hits to kill my SET. He didn't even get a turn. he's r5 with health and protection mods.
  • Options
    PIT is impossible for most guilds except whale guilds. So now we’re going to see the gap widen even further. The haves vs. the have nots. This is total ****.

Reminds me of when Negotiator came out. The whale guilds soon outpaced everyone in fleets. But at least with Negotiator, medium sized guilds could still get GET2 tokens - albeit much slower.
  • Options
    I love to be punished for being in a friendly guild with my pals. Thanks CG.
  • Options
    The relic 5 gate is too much for too many players. There are players that are GAC type players they won't even be able to get many **** in. I'm not a fan of anything that keeps players unable to enjoy even when it comes to those type of players having fun as well.
  • Options
    Just so everyone knows the moment this got made into a mega is the moment they stopped caring about the topic.

So. True.
  • Options
    Where did the other post on the experience go?
  • Options
    the penalty for using GLs. People payed thousands of dollars for these characters which helps support the game and gives you guys pay checks. More than anything we should be rewarded for using GLs. If you made GLs to OP that’s your fault not ours don’t penalize us for that.

This x 1000.
  • Options
    Been a while since I've been on the forums but man I had to come preach my disdain.

First of all, gatekeeping with a R5 requirement? Come on now. R1 requirement I could've dealt with but R5 is just stupid considering you need teams to synergize. You're preventing a MASSIVE portion of the player base from even attempting the content with this abhorrent requirement. I'm fine with it being difficult. But good god let us play it!

Second, I am shocked that a reward structure even more disparate between the tiers than HSTR was approved, let alone even considered! You want guilds to work together? What incentive do players at the bottom of the pack in the guild have to even participate when top 5 is going to get 10x the rewards they are? This exact rewards structure is what keeps widening the gap too. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I'm all for rewarding those who do more damage accordingly but this is just wrong. I've recommended before and I will again, rewards tiers should be damage based, not rank based. You want to encourage people to work together? Decouple their rewards from one another. Individual rewards shouldn't be subjective based on who is in your guild, they should be based on how much damage you can put up. I understand the software with this kind of reward structure is already in place so it's no extra lift to just recycle the code but it's just wrong. This is how you fuel toxic environments within guilds. So why not a damage structure for raids? This is how HSTR should be too. It's disgusting that I can put up 80-90 mil damage and still get garbage rewards for being outside the top 10.

Just more content for the whales to whale over and that the middle class will never truly get to enjoy, let alone attempt seriously.

*steps off soapbox*
  • Options
    My guess is 30-60% of the player base would have quit by now if their guild didn't keep them in it.

I definitely would have quit by now without guild friends and interesting cooperative efforts, like KAM, where we're all working together for rewards.
    This "flat" reward structure will not encourage competition in guilds, it will encourage either alt-merc'ing or guild destruction. You cannot expect a guild of 50 top tier players to accept that 50+% of their members will get garbage rewards.

Yup. This x 527.
  • Options
    p17qqqlc6d5b.png

Hey @CG_SBCrumb maybe don’t say “ We wanted Relic 8 to initially have a raid-exclusive aspect in order to give Guilds some new goals to work toward and at the same time, reinforce the core gameplay for Guilds in Galaxy of Heroes.” Then go and sell a $50 pack.

So while F2P struggle to even make a dent, let alone participate in the raid, whales and krakens get to circumvent the whole “exclusive and unique” malarkey you’re spewing.

It amazes me how bad you guys are at your job.
  • Options
    Without the g5 requirement how would my damage be?
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/200463/
    It's just a silly question

well that team won't fare well in pit challenge tier. the more you attack the more TM the boss guard gets. so you'd get wiped quite quickly. it took 2 hits to kill my SET. He didn't even get a turn. he's r5 with health and protection mods.

I'm going to talk about a player prophet, myself.
    The topic in the topic was different but does not change what I said
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2191338#Comment_2191338

This huge nonsense of blocking characters in the TW by voting is something that also marked me seeing the community rage was quite funny, with the words of the GC "we reserve the right to do this again" on that day I laugh and I don't forget .

(Just like Darth Sion I'm Held by hate)
    This change in the economy was a hit, but you are the GC, soon there will be another nonsense for the game as was the legends, and I will be here to feed the hatred of the community.
    I thank you for the return of the experience, and in return I leave mine as a prophet, They are the CG, they will do nonsense right after they do something good in the game, this pattern is repeated for 3 years (it is the time that I and the developer boss we play, although he is a whale and I F2P).
    It is the only thing I have to be thankful for being a prophet of the sunrise in the east.

• Options
    the penalty for using GLs. People payed thousands of dollars for these characters which helps support the game and gives you guys pay checks. More than anything we should be rewarded for using GLs. If you made GLs to OP that’s your fault not ours don’t penalize us for that.

This x 1000.

Rey seems to be doing quite well in phase 1. In fact GLs as a whole seem to be the only teams doing impactful damage in phase 1.
  • Options
    I expect that it’ll take the average 250M GP guild 40 players to complete the raid.

I'm above average GP for my 280M gp guild and I'm telling you that our guild won't be completing the raid at all for more than 4 weeks, possibly as many as 10.

250M GP guilds complete this? Please.
  • Options

This x 1000.

Rey seems to be doing quite well in phase 1. In fact GLs as a whole seem to be the only teams doing impactful damage in phase 1.

My JML gets obliterated in only a few hits and I have him nodded to take a beating. Quite fun when characters people have spent thousands of dollars on ($300 in my case) get smashed into oblivion and have their stats completely minimized....
  • Options
    Someone check my math here but it looks like the raid will reward 221 of the new Relic Mats?

Soooo, wouldn't a more logical, less greedy, more cooperative, truly FLAT reward system be something like this?

#1 = 6
    #2-20 = 5
    #21-50 = 4

Oh look also totals 221 Relic Mats, what a concept!
  • Options
    I expect that it’ll take the average 250M GP guild 40 players to complete the raid.

I'm above average GP for my 280M gp guild and I'm telling you that our guild won't be completing the raid at all for more than 4 weeks, possibly as many as 10.

250M GP guilds complete this? Please.

Mine is around the same. Our best got p1 down to 23%.

My high damage output CLS team got annihilated immediately. I did 180k damage with CLS, chewy, ham, Chewpio and 3PO.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    just pitching in; why not have a relic 5 gate? there's nothing wrong with preventing people from completely wasting their time.

Also I don't see this dividing my guild anytime soon, either.

2c
    Post edited by Rebmes on
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think CG's version of flat is the same as others.