The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    1. The r5 relic gate sucks but I think people are overreacting about it. You aren't likely going to beat it with low gear characters anyway.

Anything in relics will have somewhat similar performance to r5+ since the difference it adds is not huge. I wouldn't make it no holds barred (=throw in all your roster) but at least would make it g13 which is rather scarce in most rosters anyway.

I didn't say I liked it either. I have a few teams that I will have to take a few characters up a few relic levels to play. But it isn't the end of the world. From what I've seen it looks like aura and bhs are good. My aura is g1 right now. If I have to r5 the team or just r2 the team, it doesn't make that much difference.
  • Options
    I was trying to prepare you for this CG, many ppl posted similarly a long time ago, as soon as you announced the rancor and r8. You’re going to make a lot of ppl quit over this. Fix this right away before you destroy the game.

f0a9z4pnkoqc.jpeg
  • Options
    Even r2-3 would be much better and way less restrictive while also requiring toons at a level the raid needs in practicality anyway.
  • Options
    I’ve been with my guild for 3 years we get 32 stars in DSTB and are pushing for 33 in a few months.
    Now because I live on the opposite side of the world and miss the raids I will be forced to choose 33 stars in dstb or a chance at R8 characters.
    I’m at peace with missing the raids and a chance at good rewards in hstr but this looks too much for me, flatter rewards my left foot CG.
    Thanks for nothing but your dishonesty.
  • Options
    I got devoured turn 1 in phase 2. Do cooldowns cary over from other players attempts?
  • Options
    DubbQ wrote: »
    I got devoured turn 1 in phase 2. Do cooldowns cary over from other players attempts?

Nope, never have been that way
  • Options
    @CG why the raid is cooperative but the reward don't reflect this?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Amazing, every single thing about this raid is wrong. No non-heroic tier so only whale pods get r8. Relic gate - one would think that player sentiment on those got across with the GC feats. Boss designed to ruin every single strategy. Extremely top-heavy rewards and a straight-up lie about how they are flatter...
    And I was just getting optimistic about the game again.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Amazing, every single thing about this raid is wrong. No non-heroic tier so only whale pods get r8. Relic gate - one would think that player sentiment on those got across with the GC feats. Boss designed to ruin every single strategy. Extremely top-heavy rewards and a straight-up lie about how they are flatter...

The thing itself is the tier, did you really expect it to have more than one tier?
  • Options
    Ok here's my thoughts so far. I didn't read all 10 pages so if what I think was already addressed sorry.

1. The r5 relic gate sucks but I think people are overreacting about it. You aren't likely going to beat it with low gear characters anyway.

2. I do think that they went overboard making GLs not be good for this raid. I completely get nerfing the siphon so SLKR isn't as good (he already solos the sith raid) but if the other GLs are supposed to be equal at least one of them (maybe one of the new ones) should be really good. It also is a bit disappointing if you relic 15 characters for GLs and then the GLs are are specially nerfed.

3. The rewards structure could be flatter but it is flatter than hstr so, I think the complaining on that is overblown. It does drop quite a bit from 1st to 10th but stays at about half in the top 25. That is better than a full drop in the top 10 and 10 or 15 salvage in 11th. And it looks like you have a chance at full crafts at every rank.

4. I do have a question on one of the mechanics. The stacking offense and speed that the boss gets for each 20% damage. Is that for 20% damage in one run or if it has taken 20% damage total? Basically, if I go in for my run and my guild has knocked it down to 75% health, will it have stacked offense and health or does that only happen if I hit 20% damage in one run. @Kyno @CG_Doja_Fett If you could clarify this it would be great.

1.) You aren’t likely to beat it with R7 either. The issue that you’re missing is also that the gear pool for reward boxes do not even come close to demanding R5 minimum just to go in and get whipped around like a rag doll.

2.) Bingo. Like always they overtuned the difficulty. It’s like lightside geo TB all over again.

3.) Saying a **** is cleaner than a different **** doesn’t make it any less of one. The reward pool for gear is garbage. The best gear in there is a full craft of old 12 gear. This is supposed to be endgame content yet this doesn’t even offer end game gear? No g12+? No relic materials? None of that?? Don’t even get me started about HAAT gear being included as well as gear that G6/g7 toons need...The fact that the ratio between ends of the ranking system is 11:1 for the new R8 material is also ridiculous.

4.) From what I’ve seen it stays. The damage boost is based on their current % of health so if someone goes in and they clear 20% of the health off, it’s now permanently more, which is ridiculous. Not to mention also preventing counters, healing, max protection gain, no TM reduction, 3x moves per turn with splash damage to a random toon....the list just goes on and on.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

The thing itself is the tier, did you really expect it to have more than one tier?

Hoped for - yes. Expected - not really, actually. I have been playing for too long for that.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Probably mentioned elsewhere in the thread; I'm shocked to read the announcement and right after see this in the store. Exclusive (cg) just changed meaning.

uhk3vdxihv3m.png
    xwwmyx21o185.png

Let's be honest (since CG can't seem to be). They didn't change the meaning of "exclusive" or "flatter". Crumb lied to us. Twice in the same post.

It wasn't an accident or taken out of context, or an ambiguous term. Integrity matters - and CG just showed they have none. Twice.

The more concerning thing is based on their track record u need the rewards from the events to actually beat the event so we will likely need certain chatacters at r8 to do well.

Without buying the pack there doesn't seem to be a way to get those first few precious key r8 characters to pass the raid.

If anyone thinks r5 is going to work that's cute.
  • Options
    Relic5 requirement is not good. We won't use many toons who are R3,R4.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, and isn't it funny how we still can't use the "atoms" for relic salvage?
  • Options
    the reward structure is about as flat as Everest. CG taking lessons in spin from Trump?
  • Options
    What sucks is, this game has become extremely boring to play. After all the years playing and the money spent, it has become redundant and bland. You can never catch up because you can't keep up unless you spend a ton of money. All the developers care about is making money. The consideration of players is ignored, and that's why so many people have quit. There's no new tasks to accomplish. The game play is limited. Unless you spend money, you're stuck doing the bare minimum daily activities (about 30 minutes of game play). I miss the days that I could play for hours and actually feel like I accomplished something.

Congrats, you increased the output of old character shards. But ignore the gear aspect. So now everyone will have their toons 7*, but still can't do a **** thing, because they're stuck getting 1 stun gun per 24 energy spent. You claim there's a new raid.....that nobody can pass. But it took you an entire year to increase the difficulty level and gear requirement without actually upgrading the raid itself. This isn't considered new content. You've effectively polished a **** and have convinced everyone they're eating a gourmet meal, but in reality, it's still ****.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    SgtV3531 wrote: »
    What sucks is, this game has become extremely boring to play. After all the years playing and the money spent, it has become redundant and bland. You can never catch up because you can't keep up unless you spend a ton of money. All the developers care about is making money. The consideration of players is ignored, and that's why so many people have quit. There's no new tasks to accomplish. The game play is limited. Unless you spend money, you're stuck doing the bare minimum daily activities (about 30 minutes of game play). I miss the days that I could play for hours and actually feel like I accomplished something.

Congrats, you increased the output of old character shards. But ignore the gear aspect. So now everyone will have their toons 7*, but still can't do a **** thing, because they're stuck getting 1 stun gun per 24 energy spent. You claim there's a new raid.....that nobody can pass. But it took you an entire year to increase the difficulty level and gear requirement without actually upgrading the raid itself. This isn't considered new content. You've effectively polished a **** and have convinced everyone they're eating a gourmet meal, but in reality, it's still ****.

The saddest thing is that they first teased a completely new raid that would presumably have multiple tiers and give all guilds something new to do, and then scrapped it in favor of the lackluster GCs and this abomination. It's just the same old Pit with boosted stats, a relic gate and modifications to ruin all existing strategies.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Probably mentioned elsewhere in the thread; I'm shocked to read the announcement and right after see this in the store. Exclusive (cg) just changed meaning.

uhk3vdxihv3m.png
    xwwmyx21o185.png

Let's be honest (since CG can't seem to be). They didn't change the meaning of "exclusive" or "flatter". Crumb lied to us. Twice in the same post.

It wasn't an accident or taken out of context, or an ambiguous term. Integrity matters - and CG just showed they have none. Twice.

The more concerning thing is based on their track record u need the rewards from the events to actually beat the event so we will likely need certain chatacters at r8 to do well.

Without buying the pack there doesn't seem to be a way to get those first few precious key r8 characters to pass the raid.

If anyone thinks r5 is going to work that's cute.

R8 is not necessary to beat the raid, coordination and tons of gls is and there are a few pointers already going around in various discord channels. It's already quiet possible and will ease once we get to learn raid specific teams. Actually r8 itself will do nothing for a guild that can't beat it as it's just a step bump to stats.
  • DarthDarthBinks
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    This sentence seems to be causing some confusion with the new challenge tier and I'm looking for some clarification.

"For every 20% of its Health lost, this unit gains 75% Offense and Speed (stacking)."

Is this an anti solo mechanic, where it only applies per run? Say you start the fight at 50% health, then this wouldn't kick in until the boss was at 30% health?

Or, is it 20% increments of the boss' maximum health? So, say, every future run past 80% health remaining will have to deal with this nonsense?

It really makes more sense for it to be the former rather than the latter... but I just wanted to be sure.
  • Options
    Anyone willing to take this bet: r8 will be required for use of the artifacts that is rumored for the (also rumored) 'Conquest' mode? Aka relic abilities.
  • Options
    It applies guild-wise, so later. There comes in the main tactic about this challenge raid.
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    DubbQ wrote: »

Nope, never have been that way

It's been a long time, but I do think devour cooldown carrying over from other players attempts was a bug from the original pit raid.
  • Options
    It applies guild-wise, so later. There comes in the main tactic about this challenge raid.

Thanks, as the only person in my guild remotely near my timezone, I absolutely hate this mechanic.

• Options
    So if I won't be able to post top 10 damage, is there really a point in hitting this thing? Or just like on HSTR when someone is not top 10, just join and if it gets beat it gets beat? 20 raids to get an r8 is pathetic
  • Options
    Hmm yea, that's bad. But considering the other bad things about this raid, you can easily settle for low range since it doesn't do much difference unless you are capable of top 10. This is ofc possible only if your guild can beat it. Also it will make sense to play it in the way we used to play new raids=give 6 hours for each phase.
  • Options
    So if I won't be able to post top 10 damage, is there really a point in hitting this thing? Or just like on HSTR when someone is not top 10, just join and if it gets beat it gets beat? 20 raids to get an r8 is pathetic

In terms of rewards, there's not much point imo. But it can make the difference if your guild can beat it or not.
  • Options
    I'm confident we can beat it with coordination, but, coordination is the first step in a series of requirements on-top of coordinating around TW, individual GAC's, and everyone being in different timezones with different availabilities. I'm all for a challenge, but, this feels like it might be bordering with too much.

Anyway, thank you.
  • Options

In terms of rewards, there's not much point imo. But it can make the difference if your guild can beat it or not.

Technically, yes. But 11x unique reward difference between first and last tier basically tells near-top people to abuse or disregard rules to guarantee yourself top spots and tell lower-end people do not care much because one piece, really? All of this will certainly "help" guilds to maintain good atmosphere and high degree of coordination.
  • Options
    Hortus wrote: »

Technically, yes. But 11x unique reward difference between first and last tier basically tells near-top people to abuse or disregard rules to guarantee yourself top spots and tell lower-end people do not care much because one piece, really? All of this will certainly "help" guilds to maintain good atmosphere and high degree of coordination.

I don't know how this is gonna play out these days or if any change will happen. But in longer term if no change happens, it will get played like haat has been; about 20 people actually playing to grab a spot in 10, rest just signing in.

Personally if it turns out my guild is doing it easily, I won't develop stuff like jawas etc. to post a higher score or move toons that I rather have at low relics to 5.