First character to R8??

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Schwubb wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Sorry for my guild to have to learn this way, but I’m going to have to leave them after 4 years for a better guild because we can’t beat the raid. If you need a 1.5M roster with 3 G13s DM me. 💪🏻

So you want someone to carry you in the raid?

Why would they carry me? I can contribute easily 5,000 to 10,000 dmg in P1. I bought the warp speed pack and everything.

Nice dude 10k dmg...
    50 players like you can do 500k dmg together. You know Thats like 2% of p1...

Yeah but if a bunch of others can do like 3M along with my 10k then we’d clear it in no time. I need to get my R7 Rose Tico to R8 so I can better sacrifice her for 0 damage in P2.
  • Options
    I can't believe that people were responding to someone whose name is "BrashSchwartz" as if they were being serious.

Let's read for comprehension, people!
  • Options
    I can't believe that people were responding to someone whose name is "BrashSchwartz" as if they were being serious.

I can believe it.
  • Options
    BB8 obviously
  • Options

I can believe it.

Would have been hilarious if I’d been playing for 4 years and was only 1.5M GP though.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I can believe it.

Would have been hilarious if I’d been playing for 4 years and was only 1.5M GP though.

George says hi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

As if there aren't tons of posts here daily that could be taken for parody if they weren't 100% serious.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    BB8 obviously

IG-88 is twice as demanding
  • Options

I can believe it.

Yeah it was exactly at that point it lost 100% credibility.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Yeah, for most players in the game having a single R8 character would not be a good idea.

I think I'd want Vader though.
  • Options
    Until a new fleet mate comes out, 2 speed makes zero differnce, you can beat max negos with slower understared ships anyway

In mirror matches, I win 98%+ of the time when I lan buff immunity on their tank and then win the coin flip for first Nego to move.

In the same matches, I will 90%+ of the time when I don't land buff immunity but I **do** win the coin flip.

Land buff immunity but lose the coin flip, something less - maybe 70-80%-ish?. At this point it actually matters whether other debuffs land - mostly the daze & target lock on Anakin.

No buff immunity & lose the coin flip? I win maybe 50%, maybe a bit more.

So, yes getting your Nego to go first matters in mirror matches. And it's not even getting the win, since even with terrible RNG I can win about 50% of matches. It's that when things start off well with the coin flip, things have to go really weird for you to lose and it's easy to see that happening so most of those battles are entirely stress free. I like being in control of the fight from the start. I like seeing my path to victory and guiding my ships down it.

So extra speed compared to my opponent would not only lead to more wins, it would lead to more fun while playing.

YMMV, but +2 speed does make a difference to me, and probably to a lot of people. .
  • Options
    If they decide to bring in more relic levels in near next months, then its pure trash idea. Game needs more creativity to make it more interesting.
  • Options
    marxuke123 wrote: »
    If they decide to bring in more relic levels in near next months, then its pure trash idea. Game needs more creativity to make it more interesting.

I agree with this. I am glad they did what I wanted with the new raid, and they should with HAAT also. New HAAT should have a P1 that only allows relevant toons like Clash on Kamino does. Also, should be something that does something particularly creative. Require Eeth Koth, Plo, Mace, and someone else to not die!
  • Options
    I agree with this. I am glad they did what I wanted with the new raid,

They didn't do what I wanted, though they did do something close to what I expected.

I wanted 2 new challenge tiers. There's a huge gap between a 150M gp guild where HSTR is trivialized (and the guild can be lower gp than that if it's organized around friendships & just one person has SLKR) and the 250M gp guilds who could do the raid if they oriented their guild resources specifically for the task. No 250M gp guilds can touch the raid now, of course, but a year from now there might be some because of divvying up different roles to different guild members so only 30 or so members have to have 1 GL and one other good team, maybe, for 20-25 relics total, while another 5 or 10 have a carefully theorycrafted team without a GL and has no more than 10 relic toons on their roster.

Right now you have to be over 300M gp to have reasonable shot at it, but 250M+ gp guilds at least get something to do: we can prioritize relicing the toons that will perform best in the raid in hopes of conquering it in the next few months.

So... great. Guilds over 250M+ get something to do, even though at the lower end of that range they can't really play the raid right now. That's important since guilds over 150M had essentially no interesting raid content.

But it's still leaves guilds from 150M to 250M with nothing to do, raid wise. They're too far away from completing RCT to even make that a roster priority for development.

So for me, if they had done what I think they should have done, they would have built two new Challenge Tiers. Both use the same mechanics (so you can practice the same strategies on the lower CT that will work on the upper CT), but one requires g12 toons to enter and guilds with 250M are completing it now, 200M+ guilds have a chance to complete it if they are well-organized & happen to have the right mix of toons, but can certainly complete it 3 months from now, and 150M+ guilds can at least start setting guild goals to build towards in hopes of completing RCT-lower someday.

At that point, everyone has something raid related to do, even if it's just setting roster goals for hopefully making a serious attempt at the lower CT someday in the foreseeable future. (And don't think I'm begging for free rewards --- the r8 materials should still be exclusive to the higher CT in this scenario, the GET-2 rewards as well. Maybe even the GET-1 rewards would be replaced with regular Guild Tokens. The point isn't to increase rewards a bunch. The point is to give everyone content.)

Right now there's a 100Mgp hole in the raid structure. That should be fixed. The easiest way to fix it would have been to add 2 challenge tiers instead of one.

I think it's a terrible missed opportunity.
  • Options
    Bistan
  • TargetEadu
    1553 posts Member
    Options
    Necromancer.
  • Options
    Dark Trooper was my first and (until now) my only R8 and i will never regrett it.

He does insane dmg in the Crancor raid.

SLKR is an option too but for now i will hoard and wait what we will need für the next legends.

R8 is way to expensive to waste it.

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Just earned my first R8 from the two hard Conquests and slapped it straight onto SLKR. With their Galactic Legend bonuses per relic level it makes the most sense of you have one.

My next, however; might be Kenobi depending on the rest of the JMK requirements. Which we'll know when I'm getting close to my next R8 anyway.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure what's worse, a necro, or a necro for a lame joke.

Just kidding, the second is way worse.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    None yet. Only enough Aeros to do 3 characters to R8. Waiting on JMK reqs and possibly the next GL before applying any.