GC reward crates [MERGE]

Prev1345
marxuke123
104 posts Member
edited December 2020
How do u open those reward crates? They say i received them but havent got any shards. I checked my death trooper shards and i didnt get any.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    You get them at the end of the 3 day GC, no?
  • Options
    Well they should change the text then. Right now it says u get it when you obtain it. When its in the 3rd day then its bit silly.
  • Options
    I think i got it. Its right that you get the rewards in the end when looking at what the crates contain
  • Options
    yeah 10 min work and than waiting 3 days for the loot :s
    yes not for every one they will be players out there they can employ here self 3 day withe this..
    but can we pls get the loot at least if we have complet it and get all keycards?
  • Options
    I don't like the keycard system at all. Now we have unrewarded feats. If you can't complete every feat, then you can easily end up in between reward box tiers where you complete a feat but can't complete enough of them to move up a tier in the boxes....so you can end up with feats that don't earn any rewards.
  • Options
    The good?
    Sim is time saving for sure.

The bad?
    The rewards. The waiting 3 days for junk rewards.

Fail harder CG
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate to get all rewards from the previous tiers.

Where is the problem of waiting? If you set all your units on Def in tw, you also have to wait 2 days for the loot.

Nice job CG.
  • Options
    I don't like the keycard system at all. Now we have unrewarded feats. If you can't complete every feat, then you can easily end up in between reward box tiers where you complete a feat but can't complete enough of them to move up a tier in the boxes....so you can end up with feats that don't earn any rewards.

I agree, it is a small nerf for lower players. Who could before maybe beat a tier and get the completion rewards, but now without getting a few feats beating the next tier is worthless.
  • Options
    I like the new style. It is way more elegant and we get a proper loot box.

Is it just me, or are the rewards more or less the same as usual? Does this mean 2x rewards in GC (as it will now run 2x a week)?

That would be as awesome as unexpected!
  • Options
    We actually get the exact same rewards when you finish ALL the feats, but with a 3 day waiting time.
    But if you fail to get the very last feat (in this case, finish with an all empire team) you actually miss out on rewards...
    Weird change.

The only positive side is the "sim" function.
  • Options
    Its nice that you sim all of the previous levels to save wasted time on useless feats, but the rewards are the same crap, the reward crates are lipstick on a pig, and then the wait for both...just the simmed rewards and no other changes would have been a win.
    CG never does a QoL upgrade without simulatenously finding a way to ruin quality somewhere else.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The bad?
    The rewards. The waiting 3 days for junk rewards.
    Rewards are more than fine for the time it takes to obtain the box. Especially since it's now 2 times a week.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Yeah the mod salvage being doubled at the final tier is a kick in the face. In the previous iteration, if you had another team or could finish all but the final tier with the chosen faction, you could get all but one of the rewards. Now you miss out on a significant jump between the second-highest box and the highest box. I get that this is to incentivize rage-spending on the faction, but it seems like this one needs not just theory-crafting, but a full team of R5+ Empire. With both empire teams relying on TM gain, having this against an opposing Hux Zeta is a real hamstring to theorycrafting.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • drk
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Yeah the mod salvage being doubled at the final tier is a kick in the face. In the previous iteration, if you had another team or could finish all but the final tier with the chosen faction, you could get all but one of the rewards. Now you miss out on a significant jump between the second-highest box and the highest box. I get that this is to incentivize rage-spending on the faction, but it seems like this one needs not just theory-crafting, but a full team of R5+ Empire. With both empire teams relying on TM gain, having this against an opposing Hux Zeta is a real hamstring to theorycrafting.

Hey, fwiw, I just completed the Empire feat with Vader lead, Thrawn, Piett, EP, and Death Trooper. DT was G8, 5 star. Everyone else was r5 or higher. DT applying stun to Sith Trooper really helped.
  • Options
    Wow just when you think the GCs cant get any worse
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    drk wrote: »

Hey, fwiw, I just completed the Empire feat with Vader lead, Thrawn, Piett, EP, and Death Trooper. DT was tier 8, 5 star. Everyone else was r5 or higher. DT applying stun to Sith Trooper really helped.

Haven't tried Vader lead, and only have EP and Vader at Relic levels (both R5) in the faction. Piett is GX, 5* because hard node farm. I'll have to try Vader lead, but the stacking crit damage (at the cost of chance) against a faction that doesn't need crit chance is 1-shotting even my R5 EP.

EDIT; yeah this was just an RNG fest for the deathmark to land correctly. I ended up clearing T7 with Vader Lead (R5), EP (R5), Piett (5* G10), Thrawn (G12), and Shore (G12). Just needed to spin the wheel of 'fun' enough that the right FO characters took the deathmark. Whee. Glad to get the rewards, but this felt more like brute force than strategy.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Options
    It seemed harder than it was. Completed all tiers with EP (g12), Vader (R5), Thrawn (g12), Shore and DT (g11). Trick is that Sith Trooper needs to die ASAP. You have to be smart with merciless massacre because Sith Trooper assists when FO counters, and he hits silly hard. Use force crush during MM against opponents who can counter.
  • Options
    Now I get why it's paid out in the end, under this crate logic it can't happen in any other way. Was it necessary? Very much no.

Micro transaction design 101: make things feel more rewarding without making them more. A box that explodes numerous rewards does this.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

This was my observation as well.

However i would counter with there are more feats and similar rewards overall.... so it seems you now have to do more to get the same... and you dont get half rewards now.

Also waiting 3 days when ive done all the feats for rewards is bad
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    I am really enjoying the new method.
  • crzydroid
    7309 posts Moderator
    Options
    For the ticket system, in order to get the highest prize box, you need to do the Empire feat. I think it's set though so if you are able to do that feat right away, you don't have to go back and necessarily do 3* or w/o losing a unit at all tiers, saving some time. There's some sense to that.

That being said, I did beat t7 Empire challenge with G12 Thrawn lead, Palp, DT, TFP, and R3 Vader. Key is to do RNG so Hux and Red Trooper get deathmarked (without your team getting blown up) so you can drop them quickly. You can actually afford to lose Vader and Thrawn. Thrawn is handy for hitting a deathmarked Hux four times at once if nothing else.

The key is to try and get it down to Palp and the summon trooper, and probably DT as well vs just the two Kylos. Between those three, you can keep the Kylos stunned, shocked, dazed, and with healing immunity. Should avoid putting Deathmark on one so you still have the option of targeting the other. If you can get it to this point, you've won. I actually still had TFP alive as well, which was helpful for more damage and tenacity down.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You could rage spend in the previous system too, that has nothing to do with it, as this didnt change.

The events are recurring and doubled in frequency, investing in a proper team to beat it, is a decent choice for any player.
  • Options
    Another decent choice would be to have added a button to collect the rewards once you know your at the point of no longer being able to progress. Sure someone might want to level up before the event is over. And maybe get another tier of rewards. But that person should be given the benefit of the doubt to know they might be doing so, and wouldn't collect the rewards. I was unable to finish the entire empire squad feet with 2 r7 toons, palp Vader. And the remainder of my empire at g12+. Does it seem reasonable that if I gear and relic the remaining members that are closest to g13 and relics that I will gain full rewards? No, not likely. Would it be a smart move to use all the resources it takes to r7 a toon on those empire leftovers? No. No it wouldn't because there is still a gear gate. Oh and some of that gear is right there in the rewards screen that I have earned.... So close yet so far..... I see you there you sweet beautiful purple hairdryer!

Just give us the rewards. Astoundingly bad system.
  • crzydroid
    7309 posts Moderator
    Options
    Another decent choice would be to have added a button to collect the rewards once you know your at the point of no longer being able to progress. Sure someone might want to level up before the event is over. And maybe get another tier of rewards. But that person should be given the benefit of the doubt to know they might be doing so, and wouldn't collect the rewards. I was unable to finish the entire empire squad feet with 2 r7 toons, palp Vader. And the remainder of my empire at g12+. Does it seem reasonable that if I gear and relic the remaining members that are closest to g13 and relics that I will gain full rewards? No, not likely. Would it be a smart move to use all the resources it takes to r7 a toon on those empire leftovers? No. No it wouldn't because there is still a gear gate. Oh and some of that gear is right there in the rewards screen that I have earned.... So close yet so far..... I see you there you sweet beautiful purple hairdryer!

Just give us the rewards. Astoundingly bad system.

You can do it with g12 if you play for rng taking advantage of the deathmark mechanic.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Forum posters:
    source.gif
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't mind waiting 3 days for the rewards

None of the rewards are so important that i want them immediately

Slicing on a sunday instead of Friday isn't going to break anything since GAC lock isn't until Monday, and TW lock period has past

We'll also be getting two GCs each week, so i don't mind having two payout days as oppose to immediate on one day