GC reward crates [MERGE]

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    To be clear, I am NOT saying this GC is too hard. I am NOT claiming I deserve the top rewards crate. I am NOT saying it isn't my fault I can't clear T7 with my FO.

I intend for this feedback to be constructive.

With that out of the way, here is what I am frustrated by. I have 2 accounts. One has pitiful FO toons that could maybe clear T4 if I swapped mods and added a zeta or two to KRU. The other has full G13 (no relics yet) zzKRU, zHux, Kylo, SiT, FOX.

Both accounts have good enough non-FO toons to get all the non-FO feats in tier 7.

In the weaker account, I cleared the FO feat in tier 1. In the stronger account, I managed to clear the FO feat up through tier 6. And yet, both of these accounts are getting the exact same rewards. This leads me to believe that the thresholds are set up poorly.

What would I change? To be honest, I'm fine with requiring the faction of interest to beat t7 to get max rewards. I am not fine with an account that has completely ignored that faction getting the same rewards as my main. So I think there need to be either more rewards thresholds or the second to last cutoff needs to be shifted. Clearing tier 5 is significantly harder than tier 4. There should be some incentive/reward to/for developing the faction enough to do so.
  • Options
    If you have the relic FO you should be able to clear Tier 7 without too much trouble... even without SLKR
  • Options
    If you have the relic FO you should be able to clear Tier 7 without too much trouble... even without SLKR

I don't have any relics on them yet. Me not being able to clear t7 was not my point.
  • Pinkspace13
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I am disappointed with the new system. The Galactic challenges were fun, achievable, relevant and yet challenging. I looked forward to logging in and trying to achieve the highest possible and often had to use the player and enemy bonus to do so. I loved the old galactic challenges.

Now, I can barely make it past the recommended level (even the completion reward, and am using relic 5 characters). The items I get are useless, they aren't wanted by anyone I am working on. I used to be able to get some stun cuffs, stun guns, carbantis, maybe a gear 12 piece ect. It might not have been a lot but it was helpful.

I don't have Beskar Mando so that entire tier is not available; I personally think having that in there was poor taste on the developer's part.

These will be my rewards. So, please tell me how this will help with any of my roster improvement. You can't see it here but I have hundreds of those gear pieces, I have enough credits, and while the shards are nice, I don't need them.

vn11m6zcmprf.jpg

So, when they said, you will get similar items as before, that is 100% a complete lie for me. Not even remotely similar to the rewards I got before.

I didn't have the problem with waiting 3 days, in some ways that is more convenient. Last round I had completed 99% of a level and couldn't get the last 3 I think point to get the next box. So, again, all that work and frustration to not get a reward. I would much prefer getting rewards per achievement level rather than a consolidated box of goodies after that though.

It is a thumbs down for me.

• Options
    After opening the max reward crate and unlocking the next one all within 5 minutes is it time to admit this game mode is a complete failure and either get rid of it or completely revamp it yet?
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    After opening the max reward crate and unlocking the next one all within 5 minutes is it time to admit this game mode is a complete failure and either get rid of it or completely revamp it yet?

They’ve already said they’re planning an expansion of it around March time I think
  • Options
    I thought we were getting the new relic 8 components as rewards at the higher levels. I just check my toons in development and I have zero new components. Am I confused and this is only for the higher level mod slicing components?
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I thought we were getting the new relic 8 components as rewards at the higher levels. I just check my toons in development and I have zero new components. Am I confused and this is only for the higher level mod slicing components?

Relic 8 components are only available through the new challenge tier Rancor raid. GC has the mod slicing stuff
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    It's pretty simple. If they had gone with a loot box style from the get go, there's be much fewer complaints. But, do it one way with instant rewards for 2-3 months, THEN change it to the end is going to cause some fuss.

Exactly
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »

They’ve already said they’re planning an expansion of it around March time I think

Hopefully they prioritize it then since it is supposed to be there newest and most exciting game mode. Three more months in its current format is pathetic.
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »

Hopefully they prioritize it then since it is supposed to be there newest and most exciting game mode. Three more months in its current format is pathetic.

Half of me says they don't even play their own game, (one or two have admitted they'll play for 4 months, then start a new account, play again for 4, etc etc.) the other half says they purposely make it even more excruciating by doing things for the purposes of frustration purchasing, as in putting a bunch of stunning / high crit chance characters in so your droids get stunned 15 times in a row from rebels that crit every shot and keep hitting and hitting and hitting your droid team while you're trying to just complete the stupid tier. (Seriously CG, it's like you're purposely trying to find ways to make GC even MORE annoying than the last round. Stop, get some help.)

CG: Hey, how about in February, we make them relic 7 Mob Enforcer or they can't complete anything past Tier 5! Wait, why ONLY relic 7? Why not relic 8??? Good point, Relic 8 it is!!!

Happy New Year!
  • Options
    Yeah I’m not looking forward to the change if it’s even coming. I’m sure it will not make the game mode any better. They have clearly worked out enough people will spend anyway and frustration spending pays more than happy players.
  • Options
    Yeah I’m not looking forward to the change if it’s even coming. I’m sure it will not make the game mode any better. They have clearly worked out enough people will spend anyway and frustration spending pays more than happy players.

A thing I've noticed is that if I don't have the specific faction at the right level, I can't get the final box. I've gotten the gold box in every GC but one (needed one more completion with all Scoundrels to push me over the threshhold to gold but I forgot what day it was and never remodded to get it). Even if Mandalorian is a feat I can still get to gold through some combination of feats and completions.

This means that I don't have an incentive to spend. If I'm getting the same rewards as before, what am I really losing here by not having Mandalorian?

Just thinking out loud. I know I'm lucky because I have been playing for so very, very long so I have a very, very deep bench of characters. But also I don't artificially keep my roster low the way many top players do, and I wonder if it's more to do with that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    The only issue I have with the crates is what's been mentioned here a bunch of times -- the lack of incentive to finish some feats because they won't affect the crate you get if you can't finish some other feats (cough Mando cough). My suggestion would be to have any extra "bandaids" carry over to the next GC, sort of like a currency (similar to how the scavenger gives you credit for unused bits). So if your crate needed 85 bandaids and you got 88, next GC you'd start with 3.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m