Drop Rates for IG11 and Kuiil

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Another day and another CG rip off.

How is free shards a rip off? I missed the message where they said you only get shards if you buy extra energy. Last week when I farmed relic mats I got zero kuill and IG11 shards, now I'm getting them at a 40% rate. Yeah free shards is awful

The event wasn’t on last week so that might be the reason you came up snake eyes lol. And I think your 40% math is way off as well.
  • Options
    idon8er9bz7a.png
  • Options
    My second one was better
    xlai0lqti3wg.png
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think it just seems like a shaft because people expected galactic chase drop rates for them individually, which I don't think was ever implied. I don't know where the "two refreshes" quote came from, but it sounds like either wishful thinking or poor intra-office communication.

This came from the Galactic War Report, which was linked by CG in their official announcement. Maybe no one at CG read/watched it, but it still seems misleading to have a an official CG post link to misinformation.

To be fair, the page they linked to was just speculating on what the drop rate would be *if* the rates were similar to galactic chase events. It was clearly speculation and not a statement based on messaging from CG.

Now that said, why CG just didn't give guidance on drop rates themselves rather than to leave it to speculation is beyond me. Why ruin the goodwill from these bonus drops by allowing wrong speculation to go out in an "official" announcement? Def a head-scratcher.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind is that it may not have ever been intended for f2p/non-whales to finish these guys by the end of the additive drop period [...]

I think it just seems like a shaft because people expected galactic chase drop rates for them individually, which I don't think was ever implied. I don't know where the "two refreshes" quote came from, but it sounds like either wishful thinking or poor intra-office communication.

2g70zrm2f95j.jpg
    tipuaz6c8fzo.jpg
    zghwc1sq0nvo.jpg

To be clear, I agree with the previous posts that official CG communication linking to outside resources indicates approval of those resources as player communication.
  • Options
    We all know that Crumb and Doja aren't allowed to post game-related announcements without approval. And again, let's be clear, I am not blaming either one them. But let's be honest, someone at CG is hanging those two out to dry (along with the nice folks at SWGOH EVENTS). The links (and thereby, the information contained therein) were approved by someone in a position of authority at CG who KNEW that the drop rates had been manipulated down from previous Galactic Chase events - and approved it with the misinformation anyway. Heck, even in the podcast, the GW Report guys asked "What's the catch?" - and now we know the answer. We don't know who is responsible (it's not Doja or Crumb) - but they do.

And garbage like this is why I have been f2p since Mark took over.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    One thing to keep in mind is that it may not have ever been intended for f2p/non-whales to finish these guys by the end of the additive drop period--unkike other Legendaries/Journeys, this is being perma-added to Journey Guide right away. After additive drops are done, these guys are going to their permanent nodes. So I believe CG really does see these drops as a bonus over what you would get with normal marquees. It feels like a rip because Mando is dropped starting with the additive drops instead of at least a few weeks of normally farmable. But again--permanently available.

So all in all, I think light spenders and f2p are still getting Beskar Mando earlier than normal timeframe from new required marquee releases. And the difficulty sounds like it will be easier than Chewbacca. But whales still get it sooner.

You forgot the part where mando beskar has to deal high damage in an upcoming gc. So they gate the good rewards by requiring spending money to get beskar mando
  • Options
    So in 21 days you will get 21 shards that is ridiculous
  • Options
    rdufield wrote: »

What? Nearly every post is showing roughly 32% (2% per unit of energy) chance to drop a shard. Are you only planning on doing 63 cantina battles over the next 3 weeks?

I get people are frustrated, but this is borderline ridiculous.
  • Options
    DarthKelin wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

What? Nearly every post is showing roughly 32% (2% per unit of energy) chance to drop a shard. Are you only planning on doing 63 cantina battles over the next 3 weeks?

Bud the average person is not getting one shard per 3 sims. It’s more like one per 5. Closer to a 1-1.25% drop rate

Sorry, you are right, I've been combining the two. I'll adjust my maths.

Drop rate seems to be at 1% per energy. On a 16 energy node that's 16%. Are you only planning on doing 126 cantina battles over the next three weeks?

Still checks out as 21 shards in 21 days being a bit of an exaggeration.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Bud the average person is not getting one shard per 3 sims. It’s more like one per 5. Closer to a 1-1.25% drop rate

Not quite. There are people also reporting just over 2% drop rate/energy. So I'm comfortable saying 2% - which would make some sense in that it would fall in line with dropping the total GChase drop rate in half. That said, even at 3 refreshes a day (480 energy - 120 accumulation + 360 @ 120/refresh) it would take 54+ days presuming a perfectly even split between the two (Each needs 270 shards from 3* + 10).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Well most of our guild has agreed that they won’t buy any crystal refreshes until you post a patch to fix your mistake @CG_Doja_Fett we know it’s not you that personally caused the problem but you are the one that told us we would be able to 7* during this process with “2” refreshes a day. Make it right

It's no food tagging that doja fett fella. Hes stealing a living. Communication is the same as what it was before he got the job. Non existent.
  • Options
    So far only did 3 refreshes at 100 and all I got was 5 IG11 and 4 Kuill Shards from a 16 node. We'll see how it goes in 20 minutes when my day resets.
  • Options
    It is clearly set up that if you didn't buy both 10 packs twice you won't make it.

Now, wait until you see his gear requirements. And he definitely isn't good enough to require all that nonsense. So what looked like a pretty player friendly move didn't actually work out that way. Honestly, the gear is worse than the low drop rate. All the kyros and guns and cuffs...
  • RTS
    683 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Well most of our guild has agreed that they won’t buy any crystal refreshes until you post a patch to fix your mistake @CG_Doja_Fett we know it’s not you that personally caused the problem but you are the one that told us we would be able to 7* during this process with “2” refreshes a day. Make it right

It's no food tagging that doja fett fella. Hes stealing a living. Communication is the same as what it was before he got the job. Non existent.

1.) It's a pretty serious / stupid accusation to make against anyone (stealing)

2.) The communication is definitely better. Is it good enough? No. But to pretend nothing has changed in terms of interaction / communication is disingenuous at best.
  • Options
    ok 3 more 100 crystal refreshes and am at 12 IG11 and 6 Kuill.
  • Options
    This is an example where something that should have been a slam dunk pr wise ends up being a mess because they failed to communicate.

The rates aren't terrible considering they are in addition to your normal farms. I still plan on doing 3 refreshes a day since that's a decent use of crystals before the additions and even better with them.

And with the event dropping at the beginning of the farms rather than at the end, whales are probably bypassing it altogether to get shiny mando now rather than in 3 weeks.

All of this would have still been true if had they disclosed the drop rates in their announcement. And then no one would have been mad.

Is it really that hard to communicate?

I'm not blaming Doja. It is clear he's only allowed to say what he's told. But someone higher up needs to let them say more from time to time.

On this particular topic, I don't think we need much more from the dev's. The damage is done for those that assumed the drop rates and a statement confirming what we already know does little. But hopefully, they are at least paying enough attention to learn from this and avoid similar mistakes in the future. But I won't hold my breath.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This came from the Galactic War Report, which was linked by CG in their official announcement. Maybe no one at CG read/watched it, but it still seems misleading to have a an official CG post link to misinformation.

The author of the post there, said:
    The additive drops are said to work like Galactic Chase events where the drop rate will scale based off the energy spent on a cantina node.

To explain the energy scaling.

And
    This is assuming a 4% drop rate like Galactic Chases.

Which seems to clearly be an assumption made by the writer.

It is in no way misleading, just using common references to explain certain aspects of the "event".

Assuming this meant anything more than an assumption (as stated) is on the reader.

That is not to say CG couldn't have stated the drop rate, but you can't (I mean you can, but its baseless) blame then for assumptions made by the reader.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

The additive drops are said to work like Galactic Chase events where the drop rate will scale based off the energy spent on a cantina node.

And

It is in no way misleading, just using common references to explain certain aspects of the "event".

Assuming this meant anything more than an assumption (as stated) is on the reader.

That is not to say CG couldn't have stated the drop rate, but you can't (I mean you can, but its baseless) blame then for assumptions made by the reader.

And who could have corrected the mistaken assumptions?
  • Options
    uff almost thought something happened to Kyno, glad you are ok man... Took so long to come here and take cg part without realizing (or ignoring) others already stated that it was not a CG statement and was debated that CG indicated the blog and never cared to talk about the ~mistakenly~ said drop rate in the authors part.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options

And

It's not baseless to think that the devs officially providing a link to the write-up means that they agree with what's written inside, which would lead us to think that the assumption of a 4% drop rate is correct. Also it's not simply "assumptions made by the reader" though is it? It's an assumption made by the author of the post, who was in direct contact with CG and had their post linked by the devs.

Honestly though it's free shards so I don't think it's that big of a deal that the drop rate is bad, it's still better than the usual release cadence.
  • Options

And

There's no author in the article stated. You just click from the announcement and get introduced to it as a direct statement which starts with telling you what will happen.
  • Options
    3 refreshes and today's energy, 7 shards for each toon (16e node)
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    Options
    So they took the 4% rate and cut it in half because you are getting two toons instead of one. Shrug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Why get us all excited at the chance to boost farming Kuill and IG-11 shards in Cantina only to decrease the drop rate for them to nearly 0%!!?? It’s no wonder people roast you on these forums. Just increase it for the event!!!!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

And

You're right. It's the players' fault for presuming that an event, which is set up just like all other Galactic Chase events to this point in the game's history (which had the same drop rate each time) would be the same. Defend them if you must, but to suggest CG didn't intentionally allow the misinformation to be promulgated without ever correcting it, is on them - not Doja, Crumb, SWGOH EVENTS or even "the reader". This lack of clear, and honest communication has literally been an issue for 5+ years....and it's still. Not. Fixed.

So it's the players' fault for NOT assuming CG manipulated the drop rate? Even though they have said countless times (and you have as well) that drop rates don't change?

As I said, defend them if you must. But this is the same old, tired poor communication garbage. I know I joke about Hanlon's Razor - but this happens a little too often to be an oversight. I (and many people who have played this game long enough) absolutely think the lack of clarification by CG was intentional.

And from now on, I'll just let you handle all the conspiracy drop rate threads instead of trying to help. Because now CG does, apparently, change drop rates without letting us know - and we should assume they do.