Galactic challenge

Replies

  • NicWester
    7652 posts Member
    edited January 9
    I'm generally fine with puzzle battles instead of brute force battles. So this is very nice.

    My one concern going forward is that because puzzles are usually solved by having specific keys, unless the exact same event repeats frequently there's no point in building those keys. Like, for example, I have the characters needed for this but Jango is G12, and with the gear that the rest are at there is no amount of remodding that will make them fast enough for the solve. So I'm going to get low rewards this time and that's honestly fine by me--it's a puzzle, I could see the answer but I can't solve. No shame in that.

    But since this is likely to be the last time we see this specific puzzle... What incentive do I have to work on those key characters? And if future events will also be puzzles (which, again, is fantastic in theory) then how can I know what character will wind up being key in the future?

    Long story short, my feedback is this: Puzzles are great, just be sure that you're giving people the incentive and ability to solve them.

    EDIT: To be clear I'm not saying the solution is speed. No. The solution is having the right characters--but a g11 Nest isn't going to beat what are, most likely, r7 Troopers. I'm fine with that, that makes sense to me, it's okay.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    26682 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I'm generally fine with puzzle battles instead of brute force battles. So this is very nice.

    My one concern going forward is that because puzzles are usually solved by having specific keys, unless the exact same event repeats frequently there's no point in building those keys. Like, for example, I have the characters needed for this but Jango is G12, and with the gear that the rest are at there is no amount of remodding that will make them fast enough for the solve. So I'm going to get low rewards this time and that's honestly fine by me--it's a puzzle, I could see the answer but I can't solve. No shame in that.

    But since this is likely to be the last time we see this specific puzzle... What incentive do I have to work on those key characters? And if future events will also be puzzles (which, again, is fantastic in theory) then how can I know what character will wind up being key in the future?

    Long story short, my feedback is this: Puzzles are great, just be sure that you're giving people the incentive and ability to solve them.

    EDIT: To be clear I'm not saying the solution is speed. No. The solution is having the right characters--but a g11 Nest isn't going to beat what are, most likely, r7 Troopers. I'm fine with that, that makes sense to me, it's okay.

    My g11 jango and nest beat t6, which is all i needed to do without having MBA.

    With that said if I had MBA i would have been a little bummed out.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Overall, I'm curious to know how you feel about events such as this one that offer more of a puzzle challenge, versus a blunt approach?
    The infinite loops did get in the way somewhat but not the end of the World and hopefully not a setup we'll see very often.

    Yeah. Some way of forfeiting when it isn't your turn is needed. I know that'd take time to add, and also that it should be unavailable in a number of places (GW, raids, etc) but it should exist. It's generally a bad idea to have a game mode where you either win or you lose and have to force quit the game!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2063 posts Member
    edited January 9
    TuncBlack wrote: »

    Worked like a charm on the first try and only had to change mods on Nest. Thanks!

    Only complaint about this one is the Bando feat, which is total trash.
  • 1st try on Tier 7. Only lost Chewie. 97397beywemr.png
  • Sweet Jesus finally managed it.

    Definitely the most frustrating GC thus far.

    G11 z Jango and zNest
    R3 Bossk
    R7 Han and Chewie

    Had to put at least 130-170 speed on everyone and re-run the opening over 60 times for the right RNG. Super fun.

    i855niptab21.png
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TuncBlack wrote: »

    Worked like a charm on the first try and only had to change mods on Nest. Thanks!

    Only complaint about this one is the Bando feat, which is total trash.

    Enjoy :)
  • Overall, I'm curious to know how you feel about events such as this one that offer more of a puzzle challenge, versus a blunt approach?

    The puzzle aspect is great. It equates to finding the correct strategy to win. That's the best part, strategizing. Thinking. Woot.

    I just gave up after T4 because my scoundrels are sub-par and I don't expect them to beat this GAC no matter what I do. And that's okay.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah. Some way of forfeiting when it isn't your turn is needed. I know that'd take time to add, and also that it should be unavailable in a number of places (GW, raids, etc) but it should exist. It's generally a bad idea to have a game mode where you either win or you lose and have to force quit the game!

    Infinite loops are bad, m'kay ...
    And if you don't protect your code against infinite loops, then you're bad ... m'kay.
  • I prefer puzzle challenges over brute force ones any day of the week. But to make it a true puzzle you should tone down the need for speed mods since the acquisition of good speed mods is based on luck.
    In this case the imperials tm mechanic would still have made them a challenge even if their starting speed was lowered from 330 to 250.
    I liked how the trick of using Canderous Ordo a few weeks ago was viable even when I had him at gear lvl 7 and no special speed at all, just using modifier synergies with his skills.
  • aelliott21
    2 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Yeah, right, not broken at all.
    neelkrq37rx5.jpg
    cummrw7yv6gn.jpg
    lk1g41fu2eb4.jpg
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus finally managed it.

    Definitely the most frustrating GC thus far.

    G11 z Jango and zNest
    R3 Bossk
    R7 Han and Chewie

    Had to put at least 130-170 speed on everyone and re-run the opening over 60 times for the right RNG. Super fun.

    You beat six fully zeta'd, relic 7, beefed up PVE characters with two characters that can't even use 5-dot mods. You're Glass Joe going up against Soda Popinski. It's going to be hard.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • So, here's something that is killing me.

    in7j8v01ud1i.png

    NO ONE wants any of that crap!

    I know its not the top crate, but, really, to get to that one I needed a Scoundrel team of 3 Relic'd chars & a G12/10 to get the scoundrels reward as high as I could, which was only T4....... and then another 4 relic'd chars D.Revan team w/ 1 G12 to pull off the 3 Kill at Tier-7 since my Scoundrels have no chance at T7.

    So I'm sitting at 77 points, an okay score given oh, gee, I don't have Beskar the Shiney.

    But what's killing me is even needing 2 mostly relic'd teams to get that T5 crate, the Gear, WTH is up with that gear?!?!?!?!?! Really, THIS is what we get to finish off those last couple relic'd chars?

    If it wasn't for the whopping 7+12 of the new slicing materials, the entire crate wouldn't be worth the time spent getting those points.

    I feel like we got better gear under the old system.
  • 320 speed jango goes first- burn em (no Tm gain under his lead) fast nest (aoe daze, again no Tm gain) kill veers piett Gideon . Works all the way to t7.
  • Nice doja is fitting in cg pretty well. The definition of puzzle is already on par with the definition of ocean, soon, endless,...
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • NO ONE wants any of that crap!

    Now show the part you cropped out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Dark_Apprentice
    1 posts Member
    edited January 10
    This GC is terriblely designed and not fun at all. CG developers cant seem to make GC worth anything and the loot box reward system is garbage filled with useless rewards and a small amount of good ones , they try to do some good things but it ends up being two steps forward and ten steps back.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NO ONE wants any of that crap!

    Now show the part you cropped out.

    Its the credits, character shards, and slicer mats...... which wasn't the point, I was talking about the GEAR.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NO ONE wants any of that crap!

    Now show the part you cropped out.

    Its the credits, character shards, and slicer mats...... which wasn't the point, I was talking about the GEAR.

    The gear comes from the lowest tier boxes. Each box is additive. If you want better gear added to higher tier boxes it'll come at the cost of something else.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    NO ONE wants any of that crap!

    Now show the part you cropped out.

    Its the credits, character shards, and slicer mats...... which wasn't the point, I was talking about the GEAR.

    The gear comes from the lowest tier boxes. Each box is additive. If you want better gear added to higher tier boxes it'll come at the cost of something else.
    And gear we can get in many places but those 6-dot mod slicing mats we can only get via GCs.
  • At least the nightsister challenge was easy. NS really love the revive modifier. Not sure if I’d consider this a puzzle though, more of stacking brute force.
  • This was mostly just funny to me. No real issue or comment from me on this. Talzin performed her basic from this position for the duration of the battle. 😂

    rr7yceslo6sx.png
  • Konju wrote: »
    This was mostly just funny to me. No real issue or comment from me on this. Talzin performed her basic from this position for the duration of the battle. 😂

    rr7yceslo6sx.png

    Oh, that's a good one! It's been a while since we've had goof 'em ups like this. Characters used to appear in the background in strange places all the time, but no longer! Such as this time Dathcha and IG-88 snuck away to the Bronzium screen for an intimate moment...

    z3slsbtwabmv.jpeg

    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sewpot
    1556 posts Member
    bn68e4h8g8ug.jpeg
    Konju wrote: »
    This was mostly just funny to me. No real issue or comment from me on this. Talzin performed her basic from this position for the duration of the battle. 😂

    rr7yceslo6sx.png

    Same
  • Talzin be like "You ladies got this, I'm chillin' - Mama needs a spa day."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    373 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Talzin be like "You ladies got this, I'm chillin' - Mama needs a spa day."

    😂
  • Sewpot
    1556 posts Member
    fr4g5eh70rj3.jpeg
    Happens a lot apparently lol
    From a guildie
  • Yeah, I assumed my NS would not be up to the task but g12 MT along with G12 Talzia and zombie with r5 AJ and r7 Daka fought largely a defensive fight just building stacks and wearing them down. Only took a few tries for T7.
  • InyakSolomon88
    276 posts Member
    edited January 11
    my game almost froze on one of the enemy JKA's turns. anyone else have that? Slowed way down and stuck for a few seconds, then suddenly everything seemed to be on fast forward.


    P.S. Agreed that this is not a puzzle at all. though I still don't think the last one was either.
  • Well this gc was heavily rng dependent (landing stuns and make sure enemy don't focus ventress->building stacks), but doable with g12 chars +g13 ventress. Also the talia bug/glitch is hilarious
Sign In or Register to comment.