3 weeks in, need some guidance

13Next

Replies

• @TheChild_eats_eggs1 @MasterSeedy

Question on mods. Is it ever worth it to purchase from the store where I am at in the game? Buying a 5A mod there especially if it has a speed secondary I am after? (2-4mil).

Yes it is. Arrows w/ Speed primary and good speed secondary mods or mods that are perfect for a current focus, ofc. The further you are, the more it’s important, as you earn more credits, or is it spend less.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • MasterSeedy
    2874 posts Member
    edited February 8
    My strategy with mod purchases is that I **never** purchase a mod from the store unless it is

Gold (5A)
    Right side (Arrow, Triangle, Plus)
    A good match between Set Bonus & Primary Stat
    Not an Arrow with speed primary (I mean you can, but they're not that rare & you're still early in the game where you need those credits for other things than simply buying every Speed Arrow that shows up in the store.)
    There is a 5-speed secondary already on it.

If you're gonna spend a bunch of money on the mod, spending an extra million so that you don't have to use any slicing materials is worth it. But on top of that? You're going to run short of slicing mats, and yet you're going to gain **lots** of mods from events, and those are almost never gold. So your slicing mats will get used up without being spent on the mods you purchase from the store.

On top of all that, limiting yourself to buying only a very few store mods helps you manage the demands on your credits. If you buy too many mods, you can't level toons, and you can't promote toons. By setting very high standards for what mods are worth the money, you simultaneously set yourself up to save enough credits for other things.

I wrote a really long thing about mods & exactly which ones I buy, which ones I promote, how far I promote them & which ones are worth slicing (including my definition of "good match" between Set Bonus & Primary stat), but I don't think I'll do that again. If I can find it, I'll put up a link for you.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 @MasterSeedy

Question on mods. Is it ever worth it to purchase from the store where I am at in the game? Buying a 5A mod there especially if it has a speed secondary I am after? (2-4mil).

Yes it is. Arrows w/ Speed primary and good speed secondary mods or mods that are perfect for a current focus, ofc. The further you are, the more it’s important, as you earn more credits, or is it spend less.
    My strategy with mod purchases is that I **never** purchase a mod from the store unless it is

Gold (5A)
    Right side (Arrow, Triangle, Plus)
    A good match between Set Bonus & Primary Stat
    Not an Arrow with speed primary (I mean you can, but they're not that rare & you're still early in the game where you need those credits for other things than simply buying every Speed Arrow that shows up in the store.)
    There is a 5-speed secondary already on it.

If you're gonna spend a bunch of money on the mod, spending an extra million so that you don't have to use any slicing materials is worth it. But on top of that? You're going to run short of slicing mats, and yet you're going to gain **lots** of mods from events, and those are almost never gold. So your slicing mats will get used up without being spent on the mods you purchase from the store.

On top of all that, limiting yourself to buying only a very few store mods helps you manage the demands on your credits. If you buy too many mods, you can't level toons, and you can't promote toons. By setting very high standards for what mods are worth the money, you simultaneously set yourself up to save enough credits for other things.

I wrote a really long thing about mods & exactly which ones I buy, which ones I promote, how far I promote them & which ones are worth slicing (including my definition of "good match" between Set Bonus & Primary stat), but I don't think I'll do that again. If I can find it, I'll put up a link for you.

Thanks guys. I had always just ignored the mod store, but this last week started looking since 5A mods with speed secondary's are hard to come by. So I figured if I found one that had a specific set bonus I was gearing for with speed, I might consider it. What you listed @MasterSeedy was how I was thinking, only gold mods and only with a speed secondary.

Still trying to upgrade my main Squad Arena team but it's getting better, so now need to think about modding up my GAC 3x3 squads which are quite lacking. For now on those toons I will just use the 5* mods I get from challenges.