New Gold Ability Mats

Prev1
Anyone else notice level 8 ability take gold Mats now?

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lol this is a big middle finger to those who "bought" lots of these, or have hoarded them. :( Wish this was in the update notes (not that it would change anything).
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    This must have been the surprise ;). But really though no warning at all.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I have a feeling that the drop rates on those gold mats will be about as astronomical as finding a golden ticket in your Wonka bar
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I have a feeling that the drop rates on those gold mats will be about as astronomical as finding a golden ticket in your Wonka bar

Does this mean there are a total of 5 gold mats available in the entire game for all players?? Yay!!!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Max Level Player Daily Activity – The Max Level Player Daily Activity is only displayed to players at max level and rewards a new Ability Material.
    Can only be completed after the “Claim All Daily Activity Rewards” daily activity is claimed.

So it looks like these will not be available until level 80. So no upgrades to lvl 8 abilities until you reach the new level 80 cap.

I am wondering how many of these will be awarded each day after completing the "max level player daily activity". I'm guessing it will be one per day, which will create another huge bottleneck for players. With each toon needing multiple mats for each skill, the grind is going to be ridiculous. It is going to make deciding who to level that much more difficult.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    I agree... It "could" be good if it lessons the bottle neck already in place by the purple mats. If the number of purple mats stays the same and we just get bonus gold ones at a reasonable rate I think it will be OK. But I fear we will get like 3 gold mats a week...
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Is the only way to get them through daily activities after we reach 80 :o
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

Does this mean there are a total of 5 gold mats available in the entire game for all players?? Yay!!!

...and all the chocolate you can eat
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    How do you even get them? Or will that be in the next update?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that it was implied in the update notes that this was coming at is after the L80 cap.
  • Options
    This is actualy the worst update they have ever brought out
  • Options
    Probably. It will also transform Yoda into Yogurt if you're lucky enough to get one of the 5
  • Options
    And not even single word about it in parch notes. Again stealth $%^&.
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Starblade wrote: »
    Probably. It will also transform Yoda into Yogurt if you're lucky enough to get one of the 5

Yoda yoghurt?

tumblr_static_4k899t1tskqokggw0wgow4ck0.png
  • Options
    They did say a surprise!.. Well... surprise!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been hoarding purple mats before this
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Balbes wrote: »

It's in the patch notes.

New daily max activity- rewards new ability material

Reading helps
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Yes. And if you're a lucky finder of one, you'll be flown to EA headquarters where you'll be given a tour before killed in a comic song and dance.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    hahahahahahaha... i bought a lot of useless aurodium data cards to stockpile purple mats. They are pushing players away in hard mode. EA, MY GOD!!!!!!! I am really really ****.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Yes. And if you're a lucky finder of one, you'll be flown to EA headquarters where you'll be given a tour before killed in a comic song and dance.

That's what I've always dreamed of!!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

It's in the patch notes.

Reading helps

The problem with the notes is that is says this is a max level reward. Which means we can't get them until we reach level 80 but abilities can be upgraded from 76. I hope there's another way to get them :/
  • Options
    There are gold mats in challenges
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

I wonder if we get to farm Oompah Loompahs at level 7 Cantina?
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    VATu9N0.jpg
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    There are gold mats in challenges

Even if they add them to challenges those only unlock at 84 which doesn't help either
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    If anyone can find an example of the gold ability mat being required before level 80, let us know.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

It's in the patch notes.

Reading helps

The problem with the notes is that is says this is a max level reward. Which means we can't get them until we reach level 80 but abilities can be upgraded from 76. I hope there's another way to get them :/

I agree that it doesn't really make sense to force people to wait until 80 to get things you could use at 76 but I was responding to people saying it was stealth and wasn't in the notes. It was clearly in the notes.
  • Options
    Noooooo So I've been hoarding purple ability mats for nothing!! Well now I have no excuse not to use em for my up and comers.

But seriously this means that you'll only be able to upgrade a lvl 8 ability once every 5 days assuming that they are the reward for completing daily a utilities at lvl 80. So it'll take 2 weeks to max a single character....
  • Options
    I actually like this idea! Some ability above 70 level can change a lot in the battle. Gold ability mat make no one can reach level 8 ability in a few days. It probably need a weeks to level up a single ability, and it can prevent the whales take over the top leadboad just after the update. Maybe it can make every one still have chance to fight for top 1 place. And I can use my purple ability mat stock for my bench team now.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

It's in the patch notes.

Reading helps

I agree that it doesn't really make sense to force people to wait until 80 to get things you could use at 76 but I was responding to people saying it was stealth and wasn't in the notes. It was clearly in the notes.

You can be level 80 and your character not 76. Not saying this is a good thing, but it's not an entirely trivial thing for the abilities to be available prior to level 80.