[MEGATHREAD]: Road Ahead - January 2021

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Sounds interesting, but the more I think about it, the more worried I get. There are all the concerns with the consumables and so on, but my main concern is this:
    The "challenging" sort of events tend to be rather RNG dependent (looking at you, KAM mission). In a once-per-month TB it's bad enough, but combined with a time limit and energy cost, it's a recipe for disaster. I think this could make or break the game mode.
    CG being CG, I suspect they will do exactly that to force spending for energy refreshes.
  • I really don't know how to react to this. We have been waiting all month to hear something and the post contains only information about a new game mode. Not when we will get it, no visuals just info on the new mode.

I should probably be excited, but I don't think this a road ahead post but just information on conquest mode.
    Also, after galactic challenges and the way they treat the rewards, i can't be excited about anything.
    I am rather worried on how petty they will get on making this hard for people that don't spend huge amounts.

Lastly, I always felt that the road ahead was a post that informed you of what progress the game will have in the next few weeks/months and not a post informing you only about a specific event.

This is a Road Ahead post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237987/the-road-ahead-november
    This post portrays a few things that will be surfacing "AHEAD" and gives you an insight on what to expect.

That being said, I am glad we know they are still alive and working on something!
  • Well count me very excited for this new game mode!! <3 Sounds fun!
  • Consumables?! Seriously ....wonder how much $$ that's going to cost
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I am optimistic, but I can see potential pitfalls as well.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Gotta side with "this is mediocre".

The mode itself sounds interesting, especially if its themed and introduced new characters and factions. But will it?

Do they sound excited? Uh no that was pretty dry.

Ever watch futurama? You know that episode where the professor goes to present a new invention, but he forgot so he shows up with doodles on a napkin with a coffee stain? That's what this road feels like, except it's just notes on a napkin with coffee stains and I'm imagining cheeto dust.

Consider for a second that you are an investor (btw a lot of folks playing this game are) does this make you excited or eager for your return on investment? Do you feel confident that this will be successfully implemented and worthy of your investment? Pictures would have helped a lot. I'd have walked away from this guy with a closed check book.

Also, just for s and gs, no mention of the High Republic? No Ram Jamoram? No what's his nuts gyashi? Man I thought these were important nyt best sellers!?! I thought this was a multi media event!? Did the mean kids at the story group table not have you guys in the loop again? But I gotta assume like battlefront 2, jedi fallen order, vader comics and aphra comics, resistance, rise of Skywalker (lol c'mon no snap Wexley in an exploding a wing? Not gonna virtue signal and creep about Lt Connix? That is CF's hotter daughter after all...) and swtors new xpac being glossed over or completely ignored, mostly completley ignored. I have to assume that this will be much the same, especially because theres no feigned excitement to bring this exciting new era to a honorable near me.

So yeah mediocre. And I agree with the previous poster, stop letting the bar be so low for this. I'm not a fan of paypigging for disney but you can go ask hi-res how much money I dropped this week to not play for two days. It woulda covered a hyperdrive bundle. Why'd I do that? Cause I know that this year they're adding babylonian characters and atlas at the very end. Thats right I know what to expect release wise for a whole beaver lodge of a year! Plus the unannounced battlepasses for the whole year to look forward to as a surprise. That's a road a head I tell ya!

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    To be fair guys. This road ahead feels like a state of the galaxy post. Not a here is the first 3 months of the year road ahead.

Need to see so much more.
  • Eutus wrote: »
    Gotta side with "this is mediocre".

The mode itself sounds interesting, especially if its themed and introduced new characters and factions. But will it?

Do they sound excited? Uh no that was pretty dry.

Ever watch futurama? You know that episode where the professor goes to present a new invention, but he forgot so he shows up with doodles on a napkin with a coffee stain? That's what this road feels like, except it's just notes on a napkin with coffee stains and I'm imagining cheeto dust.

Consider for a second that you are an investor (btw a lot of folks playing this game are) does this make you excited or eager for your return on investment? Do you feel confident that this will be successfully implemented and worthy of your investment? Pictures would have helped a lot. I'd have walked away from this guy with a closed check book.

Also, just for s and gs, no mention of the High Republic? No Ram Jamoram? No what's his nuts gyashi? Man I thought these were important nyt best sellers!?! I thought this was a multi media event!? Did the mean kids at the story group table not have you guys in the loop again? But I gotta assume like battlefront 2, jedi fallen order, vader comics and aphra comics, resistance, rise of Skywalker (lol c'mon no snap Wexley in an exploding a wing? Not gonna virtue signal and creep about Lt Connix? That is CF's hotter daughter after all...) and swtors new xpac being glossed over or completely ignored, mostly completley ignored. I have to assume that this will be much the same, especially because theres no feigned excitement to bring this exciting new era to a honorable near me.

So yeah mediocre. And I agree with the previous poster, stop letting the bar be so low for this. I'm not a fan of paypigging for disney but you can go ask hi-res how much money I dropped this week to not play for two days. It woulda covered a hyperdrive bundle. Why'd I do that? Cause I know that this year they're adding babylonian characters and atlas at the very end. Thats right I know what to expect release wise for a whole beaver lodge of a year! Plus the unannounced battlepasses for the whole year to look forward to as a surprise. That's a road a head I tell ya!

Couldn't have put it any better man. Really like the analogy with futurama.
    Everything the last months is weak in my opinion. They come out with this post before the break about the Mandalorians and the Armorer. Then they went to a break knowing they had given something to the crowd while also keeping there **** covered for when they get back with the introduction of a character that was already developed.
    I just feel that every time they do something is for them to just get it out of the way.
    If big companies released statements in that manner no investor would be intrigued to invest in that company.
    Like mentioned above, you have to have some passion and excitement about what you do.
    Lastly, QOL was a big thing that was going to be a big subject to discussion with the new year. What happened to that?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Also, why stamina? We have an energy resource that we need to enter battle. Now we need to "manage" this stamina as well? Why can't they just go in as they are?

Or is it to sell the stamina consumables?

One paces attacks, like every other table.

The other rewards broader roster development, as you can't just use 1 team throughout the whole game mode, at least not continuously.

I get that, except it seems flawed. They state that as your toon loses stamina, it also loses effectiveness, which I take as stats. So my teams stats will vary. That’s problematic. I’m used to how my teams act and react and what they are capable of. Now I will have a variable that affects them, making them unpredictable. Especially since CG for the entirety of this game has failed to sufficiently explain or display how similar concepts work. The lack of progress bars for feats being the latest glaring example. You add in that we lose energy for failed battles, and I can see it being a VERY serious issue.

Also, they imply that we will have feats attached to these battles similar to GC. Those feats are frustrating enough as is. Can you imagine how frustrating they will be when we lose energy while attempting to complete them and failing? That sounds 100 times worse than GL tickets. I see massive outrage coming.

Problematic, or thought provoking???

I think you are making problems due to lack of information at this point. It may be best to wait until you have more information before declaring a problem.

It's great to provide feedback but at some point we should all realize that this will have to be played to gain a better understanding, and until we see the layout we cannot know what stats are shown or other things they have added based on feedback, like the counter in GC.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Will Fleets be required to progress in Conquest? What level of engagement can we expect Fleets to have with Conquest?

At this point, none. There is no fleet element in place.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Also, why stamina? We have an energy resource that we need to enter battle. Now we need to "manage" this stamina as well? Why can't they just go in as they are?

The other rewards broader roster development, as you can't just use 1 team throughout the whole game mode, at least not continuously.

I get that, except it seems flawed. They state that as your toon loses stamina, it also loses effectiveness, which I take as stats. So my teams stats will vary. That’s problematic. I’m used to how my teams act and react and what they are capable of. Now I will have a variable that affects them, making them unpredictable. Especially since CG for the entirety of this game has failed to sufficiently explain or display how similar concepts work. The lack of progress bars for feats being the latest glaring example. You add in that we lose energy for failed battles, and I can see it being a VERY serious issue.

Also, they imply that we will have feats attached to these battles similar to GC. Those feats are frustrating enough as is. Can you imagine how frustrating they will be when we lose energy while attempting to complete them and failing? That sounds 100 times worse than GL tickets. I see massive outrage coming.

I think you are making problems due to lack of information at this point. It may be best to wait until you have more information before declaring a problem.

It's great to provide feedback but at some point we should all realize that this will have to be played to gain a better understanding, and until we see the layout we cannot know what stats are shown or other things they have added based on feedback, like the counter in GC.

I knew that would be your response, which is fine. That’s basically your “job” here. I will say, though, that I have plenty of information. 5 years of it, in fact. Yes, I can wait until they prove me right by actually seeing the mistakes they made. Or I can voice my opinion beforehand in the futile hope that they will listen and make changes before rolling it out. Because they have shown that they are very reluctant to make MEANINGFUL changes after rolling out events. Sure they’ll tweak things if there’s enough outrage. But the tweaks have historically been like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. They rarely address the main complaints people have in a way that improve the experience.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Will Fleets be required to progress in Conquest? What level of engagement can we expect Fleets to have with Conquest?

That’s a shame. Feel like they’ve missed a good opportunity there
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2021

I see a common theme here.

Cg seems to always release news without the right amount of info for it.

Also, while i agree that one cant call the mode crap without really playing it... one can be concerned based on what cg released (both info and previous track record) and voice those concerns. That should be encouraged
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »

I see a common theme here.

Also, while i agree that one cant call the mode crap without really playing it... one can be concerned based on what cg released (both info and previous track record) and voice those concerns. That should be encouraged

This is an initial release of info and we are likely to see more come before we see any actual event. So yes, they didnt release all the info, but as they said there is still tweaking and adjustments being made.

We always encourage feedback, but will also try to caution basing feedback on new things on "educated guesses", as that can lead to going off topic as it is likely to be "baseless " (not based on information) and lead the conversation away from the actual content. Not that that will stop people, but it doesnt hurt to throw out the suggestion of not basing too much on feeling when not enough information is provided.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    [

Lol defined by you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

That is somewhat disappointing to me personally. Is there a chance they could be added in later like they were for GAC? I feel like fleets have been totally abandoned. Are there any plans for fleets in any future game mode?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »

That is somewhat disappointing to me personally. Is there a chance they could be added in later like they were for GAC? I feel like fleets have been totally abandoned. Are there any plans for fleets in any future game mode?

Fleets have been completely abandoned and with Conquests complete lack of any ships is just further evidence of that. I wish we knew what was really going on over at CG...with the lack of content, economy out of whack, ships being left to rot on the vine, road aheads with only one subject, no new raid in years and shunning of the biggest content creators, it leaves a lot to the imagination. It just seems like a poorly managed studio.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Fleets have been completely abandoned and with Conquests complete lack of any ships is just further evidence of that. I wish we knew what was really going on over at CG...with the lack of content, economy out of whack, ships being left to rot on the vine, road aheads with only one subject, no new raid in years and shunning of the biggest content creators, it leaves a lot to the imagination. It just seems like a poorly managed studio.
    TVF wrote: »
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.
  • Sidious76
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Everything good will probably be gated behind beskar mando. Please come up with a new theme and stop being greedy
  • This is very exciting and may be a good enough reason to stick around some more, which is the point I guess ^^

The no-fleet thing is understandable, as some players don't like this aspect of the game; On top of that, focusing development on ground only may allow this game mode to hit the tables sooner.
    However, it may be as it was with GAC and fleet could be implement later on. Maybe an optional pathway of sor so that players who don't like fleet could move around and still complete the Conquest.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Sidious76 wrote: »
    Everything good will probably be gated behind beskar mando. Please come up with a new theme and stop being greedy

Hopefully, since he's easily obtainable.

But the Feb. GCs are the more likely path.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    This is very exciting and may be a good enough reason to stick around some more, which is the point I guess ^^

The no-fleet thing is understandable, as some players don't like this aspect of the game; On top of that, focusing development on ground only may allow this game mode to hit the tables sooner.
    However, it may be as it was with GAC and fleet could be implement later on. Maybe an optional pathway of sor so that players who don't like fleet could move around and still complete the Conquest.

For each aspect of the game, there are people who don't like it. Does it mean that everything should be left to rot? Oh wait, that explains so much! (j/k)
    There are no ships even in GC, and that one has been around for a while, so I have my doubts about them being added. It almost looks like ships are considered a failure but too big to outright remove.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.

uz08v1l527yi.jpg

Disagree...and based on the amount of forums posts, Reddit posts, and talking with people that play the game, there is a lot of people that feel that the gear economy is out of whack...even CG thinks so as they are "looking" at doing something about it.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

uz08v1l527yi.jpg

Disagree...and based on the amount of forums posts, Reddit posts, and talking with people that play the game, there is a lot of people that feel that the gear economy is out of whack...even CG thinks so as they are "looking" at doing something about it.

There are a lot of people I have an advantage over, agreed.

When you got all the fleets maxed out, but you can't use them for anything wywve875rycy.jpg
    When will cg send some love towards the people like me who actually enjoy the fleet??? Maybe a raid that requires fleet, GC? Not even the new mode has a single node if fleet battle? Man what a disappointment
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited January 2021

When you got all the fleets maxed out, but you can't use them for anything wywve875rycy.jpg
    When will cg send some love towards the people like me who actually enjoy the fleet??? Maybe a raid that requires fleet, GC? Not even the new mode has a single node if fleet battle? Man what a disappointment

I mean han solo not being at relics says you don't actually have fleets maxed. But in general the frustration over a lack of content for ships i get
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes both GCs and conquests, from my understanding, have the capability to be expanded to ships in the future.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

Yes both GCs and conquests, from my understanding, have the capability to be expanded to ships in the future.

Yeah, they did mention GC can include ships months ago, when they introduced GCs i believe

I forgot all about it, and seeing how GCs are, I don't think fleets will be well received by the playerbase
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, they did mention GC can include ships months ago, when they introduced GCs i believe

I forgot all about it, and seeing how GCs are, I don't think fleets will be well received by the playerbase

Fleets without a "mod type system" is also a bit "lame" for the PvE front. I mean they can only make it so difficult due it basically being a pilot "gear check".

I absolutely love ships, and I can't wait to get more ship based content, but it just doesnt seem like a focus at the moment.