[MEGATHREAD]: Road Ahead - January 2021

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ash951 wrote: »
    So this isn't a road ahead, this is one thing being added to the game. As big a feature as it is, it doesn't justify being called a road ahead. A road ahead should lay out the year ahead, is this all we are to expect this year?

Not a year, the idea was that RA covers the upcoming quarter. This one is still underwhelming, though.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ash951 wrote: »
    So this isn't a road ahead, this is one thing being added to the game. As big a feature as it is, it doesn't justify being called a road ahead. A road ahead should lay out the year ahead, is this all we are to expect this year?

Not a year, the idea was that RA covers the upcoming quarter. This one is still underwhelming, though.

Thats what the RA used to be. They changed its definition.
    Going forward, we will be posting the Road Ahead when we’ve got a new chapter of content to announce or something huge and exciting to announce (approximately once a quarter) but if there isn’t, we will post a State of the Galaxy that month in lieu of the Road Ahead. Our hope is while the Road Ahead is about driving hype and excitement around something cool and new, the State of the Galaxy can be where we discuss how things are going in the game and go deeper into our intentions.

Where the problem lies is that this RA didn't really drive up hype or excitement and SoTG's have not been consistent.

We didn't get to see any "work in progress" screenshots as we have in the past. Just a meh post without many details. Compare this RA with the November one...its night and day. Add that to waiting until the very end of JAN to post it...just makes it seem like there is no one working on this game much anymore. With only 5 characters in the last 6 months, only 4 ships in the last year and GC's is the only "new" content we got in quite some time, what are they working on?
    Is their new game taking away talent and resources? Dunno, but it sure seems that way.

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Is their new game taking away talent and resources? Dunno, but it sure seems that way.

Feel like I've seen this question as long as I've been here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

It takes years to build a moble game from what I have seen, so the question is still valid.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It takes years to build a moble game from what I have seen, so the question is still valid.

Considering this has been answered....is it?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I missed said answer, please provide it for me.
  • So is this new game mode going to be the only content this quarter?
  • Kyno wrote: »

What question?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So is this new game mode going to be the only content this quarter?

Considering that this quarter is almost halfway gone and all we got is a vague concept, it's probably all we get in the next one too.
  • Unfortunately, that seems to be what’s happening. Radio silence, just like last February....
  • However from what I’ve heard this new game mode sounds awesome, I’m just hoping for exclusive characters to make it worth playing. As an end game player— that’s more important than gears. On a side note, in the RA, they said something about info before the launch in the coming weeks. So I’m hoping it’s soon🤷‍♂️
  • commander_paw_212
    315 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    3b3s2zg6kzbp.jpeg
    Absolutely no “early feedback” though
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    3b3s2zg6kzbp.jpeg
    Absolutely no “early feedback” though

I believe he means from the player evaluation group.
  • 🤷‍♂️
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

It takes years to build a mobile game from what I have seen, so the question is still valid.

Let's just say for the sake of the argument that you correct, what is the hold up for content then?

CG moves to a big and shiny new studio, which would make it seem like the studio is expanding ( I think I heard something about expanding, can't remember)....CG updated the Unity engine....CG said, "ocean of characters and ships" over a year ago....is 9 characters, 4 ships and GC's an "ocean"?

Is it unreasonable to ask to have some answers about this? Is the community not allowed to hold CG to their own words?

What would you call CG promising something, not delivering it, not only not saying anything about it but actively ignoring the community by shutting down the Q&A's....great customer service?

There has to be a reason why they have not delivered what was stated over a year ago, and I believe the community deserves to know what that reason is.....especially since there is real money in the mix.

I still would love to see that answer BTW @Kyno
  • Random thought: A new currency from Conquest mode seems like an opportunity to sell Ki Amundi and Wat shards. It removes the "hoarders will get them in no time if we release them in an existing shop" issue. Then it would opens up the possibility to require them for characters, like GL from this era.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    No way KAM moves to a store yet.

I could see Wat much sooner, but still seems unlikely right now.
  • I want KAM, PLEASE! 😂
  • KAM and Wat have been out over a year, which is usually when they make characters easier to farm
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It takes years to build a mobile game from what I have seen, so the question is still valid.

Let's just say for the sake of the argument that you correct, what is the hold up for content then?

CG moves to a big and shiny new studio, which would make it seem like the studio is expanding ( I think I heard something about expanding, can't remember)....CG updated the Unity engine....CG said, "ocean of characters and ships" over a year ago....is 9 characters, 4 ships and GC's an "ocean"?

Is it unreasonable to ask to have some answers about this? Is the community not allowed to hold CG to their own words?

What would you call CG promising something, not delivering it, not only not saying anything about it but actively ignoring the community by shutting down the Q&A's....great customer service?

There has to be a reason why they have not delivered what was stated over a year ago, and I believe the community deserves to know what that reason is.....especially since there is real money in the mix.

I still would love to see that answer BTW Kyno

yeah I spent more time than I should have on my lunch break yesterday. I could have sworn they said that, and it may have been in one of the audio interviews they did around that time, but I didn't have time to find my notes from back then.

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    KAM and Wat have been out over a year, which is usually when they make characters easier to farm

Not exclusives.

You'll notice the raid toons are still only available via the raids.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

yeah I spent more time than I should have on my lunch break yesterday. I could have sworn they said that, and it may have been in one of the audio interviews they did around that time, but I didn't have time to find my notes from back then.

Ok, fair enough. Dont waste any more time on it.

What about the other points?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I think there is a lot of background that went into the update and this ended up slowing content creation. I also believe there were some initial issues with the tools that didn't quite land them where they expected and that caused more lul than anyone wanted.

I think there is a difference between trying to hold them to their word, providing constructive feedback and the bashing many try to give them.

I think that Crumb being the only one on the comms team was not helpful to a situation and they are doing their best to resolve that now, and that even with 2 of them there is some misunderstanding that this is the only thing they are doing/in charge of. I also think its a bit misguided to say they shut Q&As down to "actively ignore" the community, or to say they "actively ignore" the community at all.

I think it would be great if they were to speak more openly about things, but no i do not expect them to on that topic or think that would change/add anything.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

I think there is a lot of background that went into the update and this ended up slowing content creation. I also believe there were some initial issues with the tools that didn't quite land them where they expected and that caused more lul than anyone wanted.

I think there is a difference between trying to hold them to their word, providing constructive feedback and the bashing many try to give them.

I think that Crumb being the only one on the comms team was not helpful to a situation and they are doing their best to resolve that now, and that even with 2 of them there is some misunderstanding that this is the only thing they are doing/in charge of. I also think its a bit misguided to say they shut Q&As down to "actively ignore" the community, or to say they "actively ignore" the community at all.

I think it would be great if they were to speak more openly about things, but no i do not expect them to on that topic or think that would change/add anything.

Ok, I will work on speaking more openly about things.

You stated the problem quite clearly..."You think", which means they have yet to say any official reason, or talk at all about the lack of content when we are supposed to be drowning in an "ocean". I just want them to be open and talk to us about the things that matter.

One question though, Why is it misguided to think that they are not actively ignoring the community when they shut down pretty much the only way for the community to interact with the dev team, without so much as a reason why? We have plenty of Q&A's before Doja was added to the comms team. So what are we supposed to think when we have had no Q&A's in getting close to a year.....again with no stated reason on why they killed them....even though many people have asked....that, to me, is actively ignoring.
  • I want KAM, PLEASE! 😂

why? he's not particularly good from what I'm hearing of ppl who have him.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I want KAM, PLEASE! 😂

why? he's not particularly good from what I'm hearing of ppl who have him.

"Not particularly good" places him in, like, top 25% of the Jedi.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Kyno tell crumb to add me to the PET group
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Ultra wrote: »

I think it is PEET (Title of the post is Player Early Evaluation Test Program) [the 'Program' is silent]

I can tell him, but who listens to me.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I think it is PEET (Title of the post is Player Early Evaluation Test Program) [the 'Program' is silent]

I can tell him, but who listens to me.

He does, no harm in asking
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ok, I will work on speaking more openly about things.

You stated the problem quite clearly..."You think", which means they have yet to say any official reason, or talk at all about the lack of content when we are supposed to be drowning in an "ocean". I just want them to be open and talk to us about the things that matter.

One question though, Why is it misguided to think that they are not actively ignoring the community when they shut down pretty much the only way for the community to interact with the dev team, without so much as a reason why? We have plenty of Q&A's before Doja was added to the comms team. So what are we supposed to think when we have had no Q&A's in getting close to a year.....again with no stated reason on why they killed them....even though many people have asked....that, to me, is actively ignoring.

or I say "think" as a way to convey a sentiment based on what I "may or may not know" due to other reasons I can't say

it would be misguided to say they actively ignore the community because I know for 100% certainty that they do not, and they have stated on multiple occasions they are listening. I agree they do not speak out as often as we would all like, but that doesn't mean they are not listening and using said feedback as they develop things.

thats fine that you want to put such a negative and malicious intent behind what has happened, I dont think anyone will convince you otherwise, but that still doesn't make you correct. They are listening, and even working on things that they do not actively talk about based on that feedback.