30 stuns GC

Prev134
Itsa_me_Malario
1308 posts Member
edited February 2021
So I used dooku to help with the stuns but it didn't work lol even though I counted 36 attempts of stunning
I used, papa Palpatine, Vader, dooku, traya and thrawn but no sauce
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Krako923
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    make sure you avoid hitting JKL as much as you can, he can't be stunned so any attempt against him doesn't count
  • Options
    Krako923 wrote: »
    make sure you avoid hitting JKL as much as you can, he can't be stunned so any attempt against him doesn't count

Ohhhh since it said attempt to stun, thought it would still count
  • Options
    @Krako923 thanks it worked 9dj1edpoor9z.jpg
    Basically you want Vader to ability block all the jedi, have thrawn swap with traya to isolate kenobi, then fracture Luke, and keep stunning everyone else with dooku and papa Palpatine
  • HandSolo93
    156 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Did it without Traya.

EmpP Lead - g12
    Thrawn - r5
    Vader - r7
    Badstila - r5
    Dooku - g12

Just controlled every one as best I could, applied ability block on them all, rotated swaps to palp and dooku for additional stuns, and fractured Luke whenever.

My biggest issue was killing them too quickly, so it helped to focus unavoidable damage on targets with crit immunity.
  • Options
    I did it using a team from Reddit. JKL, JML, Dooku, Badstilla, Armourer. Open with JML AoE, Beskar to JML. Kill GAS first if you can, failing that GK then GAS. Kill JKL. Auto basic on Barris for a few minutes. Profit.
  • Options
    Please for the love of all that is holy, add a visible counter already for these kind of feats CG! This is getting silly.
  • Options
    Please for the love of all that is holy, add a visible counter already for these kind of feats CG! This is getting silly.

THIS.

Come on, CG. You know this is necessary, we've been talking about it for months.
  • Options
    There is something broken with the feat: it says “win after trying apply stun 30 times”. I won after trying 36 times but nothing..... only landed stuns are good?😒
  • Options
    There is something broken with the feat: it says “win after trying apply stun 30 times”. I won after trying 36 times but nothing..... only landed stuns are good?😒

No, it counts attempts. Bear in mind JKL is immune to Stun, so it won't attempt to apply it to him, thus won't count for the feat.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    But this is a trick 😒
    Thank you for the tip, now I did it!
  • Options
    I would say an attempt should count as an attempt even if the attempted target is immune.
  • Options
    I would say an attempt should count as an attempt even if the attempted target is immune.

But immunity prevents attempts to apply, so I would say it shouldn't.
  • Options
    The question is whether CG's text means, "did the player try to inflict stun?" or does it mean, "did the algorithm attempt to apply stun?"

Both are consistent with the text as written. From the player's perspective, one is the more logical interpretation. From the programmer's perspective the opposite is more logical. I'm not saying what they've written is wrong, but it certainly is ambiguous in a way that it wouldn't have been if they were able to see things from the players' point of view.

Of course if they were devoted to playing their own game, I think they'd be able to anticipate these miscommunications more easily and thus prevent them.
  • Options
    I don’t know what’s worse, watching R7 toons getting shredded to pieces in LSGeoTB before even taking a turn or the ridiculous feats CG comes up with for GC’s. You got one toon JKL that can’t be stunned and Hoda hides under stealth nearly the entire time and what counts as an attempted stun? GK taunts and gets stunned by say Dooku, does it count if Dooku keeps hitting him with basic attack? Every other toon I can think of except maybe Daka can stun reliably with there basic every other toon stuns with there special which has a cool down of 3 or 4 turns. I’d love to know what toons the Dev’s used to test these feats and how they kept count of the amount of stuns.

There have previously been a few ridiculous and utterly broken feats. This one was not one of those. The feat to attempt stun 30 times was fairly easy, and came down to proper execution of tactics rather than a singular working composition.
  • Options
    The broken part here is what is considered an attempt to stun. The attempt is made by the player/characters regardless of any abilities the recipient of the attempt has that makes those attempts useless.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Except that’s not true. JKL may be immune to stun, but that doesn’t stop the actual attempt of stunning. Palpatine AOE applies stun so it’s attempting to apply the debuff, but the immunity prevents it. It doesn’t in and of itself prevent the stun attempt. It’s not stopping palpatine from using his stun AOE. It’s not stopping Thrawn from attempting to stun someone with ability block.

Also, more importantly @CG_Doja_Fett how about a counter to these types of feats already. Enough is enough with the guessing games for the feats. We’ve been asking for this for months now.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    OP next time give us your gg and we can help you save some time with advice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    HandSolo93 wrote: »
    I don’t know what’s worse, watching R7 toons getting shredded to pieces in LSGeoTB before even taking a turn or the ridiculous feats CG comes up with for GC’s. You got one toon JKL that can’t be stunned and Hoda hides under stealth nearly the entire time and what counts as an attempted stun? GK taunts and gets stunned by say Dooku, does it count if Dooku keeps hitting him with basic attack? Every other toon I can think of except maybe Daka can stun reliably with there basic every other toon stuns with there special which has a cool down of 3 or 4 turns. I’d love to know what toons the Dev’s used to test these feats and how they kept count of the amount of stuns.

There have previously been a few ridiculous and utterly broken feats. This one was not one of those. The feat to attempt stun 30 times was fairly easy, and came down to proper execution of tactics rather than a singular working composition.

Which were broken? I don't recall any that no one got.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Except that’s not true. JKL may be immune to stun, but that doesn’t stop the actual attempt of stunning. Palpatine AOE applies stun so it’s attempting to apply the debuff, but the immunity prevents it. It doesn’t in and of itself prevent the stun attempt. It’s not stopping palpatine from using his stun AOE. It’s not stopping Thrawn from attempting to stun someone with ability block.

Also, more importantly @CG_Doja_Fett how about a counter to these types of feats already. Enough is enough with the guessing games for the feats. We’ve been asking for this for months now.

I could be wrong, but my understanding with attempting to apply stun follows this O.O.O.
    1) Is the target immune? If yes end here. If no proceed to next step.
    2) Attempt to inflict the debuff, sometimes affect by a chance to apply, such as Asajj's 50% chance to attempt to Stun on her basic.
    3) Potency/tenacity check
    4) Stunned or not stunned.

Since immunity cuts it off at step one, no attempt to inflict the debuff can be made.

You'll not likely get a CM response. Perhaps @Kyno can drop them a message to check.
  • Options
    0) player presses button of the ability that might afflict stun, thus the attempt to stun is made.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Also, more importantly CG_Doja_Fett how about a counter to these types of feats already. Enough is enough with the guessing games for the feats. We’ve been asking for this for months now.

I could be wrong, but my understanding with attempting to apply stun follows this O.O.O.
    1) Is the target immune? If yes end here. If no proceed to next step.
    2) Attempt to inflict the debuff, sometimes affect by a chance to apply, such as Asajj's 50% chance to attempt to Stun on her basic.
    3) Potency/tenacity check
    4) Stunned or not stunned.

Since immunity cuts it off at step one, no attempt to inflict the debuff can be made.

You'll not likely get a CM response. Perhaps Kyno can drop them a message to check.

Will do, but yes this sounds right. There are situations, like immunity where they "are not" attempting, because you cant do it.

As for the counter, its definitely on the list and being discussed, but things take time.
  • Options
    So, what causes Jedi’s Will to suddenly be applied to everyone in the middle of the battle. Luke is fractured, gk has corrupt. Then all the sudden everyone has it and I get wasted by counter attacks.
  • Options
    Stish wrote: »
    So, what causes Jedi’s Will to suddenly be applied to everyone in the middle of the battle. Luke is fractured, gk has corrupt. Then all the sudden everyone has it and I get wasted by counter attacks.

They all gain it when a Jedi uses the Heroes Arise ability provided by JKL lead.
  • Options
    Stish wrote: »

How about reading Luke's kit?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Did it with this team
    zoqgdfmmilnp.jpeg
  • Options
    Ok lets start a thread to help everyone.

What team best does the 30 stun feat?

Also: CG a counter would be really nice
  • Options
    Did it with this team
    zoqgdfmmilnp.jpeg

Tier 7?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I’m struggling with this feat. My EP squad (listed by HumbleMumble) is too strong and my Jedi with JKL are even more so in Tier 7. I cannot delay the battle long enough so far, plus I’m not really sure which attacks count for stuns or not. Any tips or tricks are welcome. I’m sure there are other ways to complete it, just tired of failing through success over and over again.

I’m tired of completing battle after battle without truly knowing the count. For instance do dodged stun attempts count as stun attempts? Or does dodge overrule stun attempt? If a character is stunned already, does a new stun attempt count? Not really sure here. I guess if there was some way to see which attempts fulfill the language and which do not in some form of counting mechanism in the game it would be extremely helpful.