Polarizing Opinion: I love the update.

Prev13
Zemyn
106 posts Member
Ok, so shaking your head at me for a minute and think past your instant gratification.

They slowed game progression down BIG TIME in the end game. I personally love it.

Why?

I will not have to bend over backwards and try to figure out how I'm going to afford levelling 5-12 characters up to 80, updating all their abilities, and choosing all my grinds in the next week. I have a month or more to leisurely continue building up my roster, starring characters, and watch as the next patch alters the core game mechanics. I can breathe!

And those whales that just hit 74 already? I'm not worried about them. Their abilities won't outpace me too quickly, there's no more starting to do, and they won't have everything instantly geared way beyond me. I can stay low level competitive with a touch of spending and commitment. They'll crush me with their levels, sure. They should. That's fine. Then they'll have an edge with the other stuff. It's not a cliff.

The gear? I'm totally ok with it. It'll slow the pace and make choices harder. That's good. I'll feel better about my decisions if I make them wisely. I'm a fan of not instantly having everyone at the top of the heap with every character. The pre crafters will have an edge for a while with a couple characters... So what? The AI is still totally beatable. A little challenge is nice.

QGJ won't lead everyone? Cool. It didn't make sense anyways. Goodbye scary boring meta.

I really do like the thought that I'll have a line of max level 7 star characters with level 7 abilities before I start gathering Omegas. Win. I wanna play with my Empire team and now I can finish them. Ditto Nightsisters, Droids, and First Order.

I don't want everything NOW. That'd be boring. I prefer this.

Thank you CG.

The only thing I don't like is being an iOS user... I'm missing a lot of little content here and it's irritating.

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Dooku is the meta. Dodge/RNG is the meta, which is a very bad idea. QGJ was never that good unless you had the specific set of toons to go with him. That being said, i don't think you realize the imminent threat here...you will be fighting opponents 2 gear levels above you soon if something isn't done. All 5 of your enemies being lead by Dooku will have +gears on you. This ain't a challenge this is imminent death! That being said, if rng/dodge fiasco and pre-crafters issues are going to be solved...i don't know how i feel about this update yet. I am going to have to wait and see.

EDIT: not to mention Rey and Leia reaching 164 speed lol
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Dooku is the meta. Dodge/RNG is the meta, which is a very bad idea. QGJ was never that good unless you had the specific set of toons to go with him. That being said, i don't think you realize the imminent threat here...you will be fighting opponents 2 gear levels above you soon if something isn't done. All 5 of your enemies being lead by Dooku will have +gears on you. This ain't a challenge this is imminent death! That being said, if rng/dodge fiasco and pre-crafters issues are going to be solved...i don't know how i feel about this update yet. I am going to have to wait and see.

If they're making the gateway equipment to IX/X more expensive, I fully expect the gear in those levels to also have additional costs as well. And honestly, a couple speed, maybe a few hundred health, and some extra damage doesn't scare me. I can beat every map no issues... A slightly tougher arena opponent? Not intimidating.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    The gear is a problem right now though. People who precrafted yesterday will be able to to gear their characters while others can't. If this isn't fixed then levels aren't the problem but we will have gear 8 heroes fighting gear 10/11 heroes until those new pieces become available. And that's a game breaking problem.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    The gear is a problem right now though. People who precrafted yesterday will be able to to gear their characters while others can't. If this isn't fixed then levels aren't the problem but we will have gear 8 heroes fighting gear 10/11 heroes until those new pieces become available. And that's a game breaking problem.

How is that game breaking? You can't make top 5 on your server anymore? The HORROR!!!
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Zemyn wrote: »

How is that game breaking? You can't make top 5 on your server anymore? The HORROR!!!

Large difference between 400-500 daily gems and 200-300 purely because you didn't precraft and are picked on purely because your squad seems less equited than the one next to yours.
    {RotE}
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

I play more for GW and all of my GW characters are stuck at 8. And gear makes much more difference in this game than levels.
    It wouldn't be a problem if it's the same for everyone but it's not the same. That's the point. We already had a problem where there were greedos stuck at gear 8 while others were at 10 and now it could apply to most characters. It's not exactly a fair system is it?
    But I am hoping there is a fix to this solution
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Don't think you are right in the head...We are talking about unfair advantages since we only had 1 day announcement and you make up stories about arena placements. What about GW you considered that?
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options

I play more for GW and all of my GW characters are stuck at 8. And gear makes much more difference in this game than levels.
    It wouldn't be a problem if it's the same for everyone but it's not the same. That's the point. We already had a problem where there were greedos stuck at gear 8 while others were at 10 and now it could apply to most characters. It's not exactly a fair system is it?

Ok, I hear you there... But why does it need to be fair? They were here longer/paid more/worked harder. It'll open up for everyone else too, eventually. And in GW, if you face a much more intense team by chance, you'll have so much more to do with your resources as you aren't funnelling it all into one team. More teams at max make it a cakewalk. Still no issue really.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options

EDIT: not to mention Rey and Leia reaching 164 speed lol

So you can't be #1 then? Why is that so bad?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

Ok, I hear you there... But why does it need to be fair? They were here longer/paid more/worked harder. It'll open up for everyone else too, eventually. And in GW, if you face a much more intense team by chance, you'll have so much more to do with your resources as you aren't funnelling it all into one team. More teams at max make it a cakewalk. Still no issue really.

That's not true though, saw one post from one guy who said he was a whale and he saved on energy and purple mats and everything he needed to go up quickly but he missed the short notice on the gears and now he falls behind everyone who did precrafting.
    It's not even a matter of whales vs f2p or players who has farmed for months compared to new players.
    I won't argue against older players and paying players getting an advantage. But this issue doesn't benefit those players in particular, just people who got lucky and saw the notice in time or something. So I think it's just unfair the way it is.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options

Don't think you are right in the head...We are talking about unfair advantages since we only had 1 day announcement and you make up stories about arena placements. What about GW you considered that?

Hey now. Mental health issues are actually a thing. I am being treated for incredibly intense depression. Let's not get needlessly hurtful here.

What is the advantage in? Arena? Oh no, someone who put in more resources than me will be #1... Who cares? It's not worth the battle most of the time anyways. 50+ is easy no matter what, and the AI still sucks. If you can beat the maps that have such advantages, you can beat a player.

And as for GW, you have a slow progression of levels and a slow grind, allowing you to max a crap ton of other characters and make new teams. Sure, the 5v5 might be tough, but I like my chances 25v5. And how many of those characters will pop up in a team? How many nodes? It seems pretty easy to me.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

That's not true though, saw one post from one guy who said he was a whale and he saved on energy and purple mats and everything he needed to go up quickly but he missed the short notice on the gears and now he falls behind everyone who did precrafting.
    It's not even a matter of whales vs f2p or players who has farmed for months compared to new players.
    I won't argue against older players and paying players getting an advantage. But this issue doesn't benefit those players in particular, just people who got lucky and saw the notice in time or something. So I think it's just unfair the way it is.

Why does it have to be fair? It'll all even out next level cap raise. So why be bothered?

EDIT: Said whale will still hit 80 faster and start getting Omegas etc before everyone else. Gear IS a boost, but it's not a mountain.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    First of all, i would like to say that depression is a made-up 21st century disease, just so some (smart) pharmaceutical companies to make even more money. Depression is not real! You can overcome it easily if you were strong mentally, especially since it's made-up! You are just under the influence of society, tv, etc. There...you are cured!

Right now in Arena i barely place top 20. If spenders actually did this pre-crafting yesterday, i have no idea what will happen to me. Outside top 100? Still good?

The problem is, you think they slowed progression down so much, you think are actually going to be able to develop that many characters? No dude...the slow progression means you will be able to actually level up like 6-7 toons from 70 to 80.
  • Brasida
    84 posts Member
    Options
    I do not mind fixing or making the game harder, but I mind their priorities. The PvP is completely broken and is clearly visible by the presence of Dooku/QQJ as leaders. They should have first fix the meta/PVP and then doing this update.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    First of all, i would like to say that depression is a made-up 21st century disease, just so some (smart) pharmaceutical companies to make even more money. Depression is not real! You can overcome it easily if you were strong mentally, especially since it's made-up! You are just under the influence of society, tv, etc. There...you are cured!

Right now in Arena i barely place top 20. If spenders actually did this pre-crafting yesterday, i have no idea what will happen to me. Outside top 100? Still good?

The problem is, you think they slowed progression down so much, you think are actually going to be able to develop that many characters? No dude...the slow progression means you will be able to actually level up like 6-7 toons from 70 to 80.

You're painfully misinformed about depression. I'll leave that though. The science is there if you choose to learn. There's also a lot of money grab **** and tinfoil hats too (you may be wearing one), as with anything. This isn't about what you choose to believe about mental health.

How many precrafting whales are you facing do you think? My guess is more like 5-10/ server +/- a few. Outside the top 20 will probably stay the same. You might even get a solid snipe in every now and then. Yay.

70-71 for a character costs 170k. Levelling 70-71 is 5500xp, 71-72 is 6600xp, etc. That's a few days each and more time per level. If the cost scales similarly, no worries. You make about 4m/week if you do everything basic... That's plenty of resources.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Brasida wrote: »
    I do not mind fixing or making the game harder, but I mind their priorities. The PvP is completely broken and is clearly visible by the presence of Dooku/QQJ as leaders. They should have first fix the meta/PVP and then doing this update.

They wanted the meta update at the same time, but it got pushed back a couple weeks. Patience young padawan. Something big is coming.
  • Brasida
    84 posts Member
    Options
    Well that's my point they could have delayed everything
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I agree you can take your time and level guys now jumping up every two days makes no sense gear is still ridiculous tho.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Brasida wrote: »
    Well that's my point they could have delayed everything

Money. :(
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    I agree you can take your time and level guys now jumping up every two days makes no sense gear is still ridiculous tho.

We'll have to see what higher level maps/challenges bring.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Zemyn

Heard it takes 2 mill to level up one char from 70 to 80. It also takes about a month to get to 80, someone did the math. So 4 mill a week for 4 weeks. That's 16 mill. Enough to get 8 chars from 70 to 80...Good luck having 25 chars at 80 in your inventory.

• DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    @Zemyn

Heard it takes 2 mill to level up one char from 70 to 80. It also takes about a month to get to 80, someone did the math. So 4 mill a week for 4 weeks. That's 16 mill. Enough to get 8 chars from 70 to 80...Good luck having 25 chars at 80 in your inventory.
    It's going to take much longer than a month to reach 80 though. Now that it's 1100 more per level
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    LaLiam wrote:

Large difference between 400-500 daily gems and 200-300 purely because you didn't precraft and are picked on purely because your squad seems less equited than the one next to yours.

What's the point. Investing lots of money grants you crystals. Purchasing Chromium packs gives you chars and shards. So missing the reward for #1 for a few days/weeks hurts exactly how much?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    theHejiN wrote: »

What's the point. Investing lots of money grants you crystals. Purchasing Chromium packs gives you chars and shards. So missing the reward for #1 for a few days/weeks hurts exactly how much?

How on earth did you quote me on that when someone else typed it? I never said anything about arena.

Editing your posts to make it seem like I'm saying things that I did not say really is not on
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Zemyn

It was a month, now it's about 80 days. 11+ weeks is 44m+. Seems bang on to me.

EDIT: I should mention the increase of 1100xp per level is what threw the calculation off significantly.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    80 days?? No way that is accurate. I want to see your calculations.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options

How on earth did you quote me on that when someone else typed it? I never said anything about arena.

Editing your posts to make it seem like I'm saying things that I did not say really is not on

Sorry, there have been to many quotes and during shortening the comment the typo slipped through.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    And if they would really want to 'slow things down', although i am not sure that would be such a good idea, they would reduce the xp you receive from your dailies and the xp in general. How hard would that be?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

Sorry, there have been to many quotes and during shortening the comment the typo slipped through.

Ah alright no problem :)
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    80 days?? No way that is accurate. I want to see your calculations.

I saw calculations on another thread which I can't seem to find now. Must be merged. But it's about 124k xp to 80 and working on 1500 xp per day (900 daily stuff and then normal energy and some refreshes) it gives you around 80 days.

1100 more xp per level makes a huge difference. It used to be 100 difference before