New conquest event feedback

Replies

• Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    There's individual feats for the Traya fight.

I met it too, the feats are invisible. I thought it was a bug of graphic.
  • Options
    I don't like how changing disks costs currency. That should be the best part of this mode. Lots of theorycrafting and fun opportunities. But I don't want to use it because I don't want to burn my currency.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I think there needs to be an information section in game. For example: how doniget answers to questions like

Do the data disc stack?

Example: the decay turn meter. 6.5% tunr meter reduced on hit of enemy. Could i put 12 of those in play and it do 78% tm reduction on hit?

Yes! An in-game FAQ section would be great, and not only in Conquest. GCs, for example, could use some easy to access clarification too.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think there needs to be an information section in game. For example: how do i get answers to questions like

Do the data disc stack?

Example: the decay turn meter. 6.5% turn meter reduced on hit of enemy. Could i put 12 of those in play and it do 78% tm reduction on hit?

They stack. It has been stated by the dev team.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like how changing disks costs currency. That should be the best part of this mode. Lots of theorycrafting and fun opportunities. But I don't want to use it because I don't want to burn my currency.

Crumb touched on that in his talk with Cubs on his twitch screen. He said they made it 5 because they wanted to make it somewhat costly (but not too costly), to switch around data disks all the time and settled on 5 currency to switch a disk. I mean, I get it, but his idea of a different energy is better since our currency for conquest is capped.
  • Options
    I have been playing for over a year as well. Pretty sure I'll be able to get to SEE at least.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Crumb touched on that in his talk with Cubs on his twitch screen. He said they made it 5 because they wanted to make it somewhat costly (but not too costly), to switch around data disks all the time and settled on 5 currency to switch a disk. I mean, I get it, but his idea of a different energy is better since our currency for conquest is capped.

So how is the cost donee? It was 20 for me to make my swap. I believe it was a 3 dot in and 2 1 dot out. That's a little more than a stun gun piece. For me to enjoy the disks I would want to be swapping them out constantly to play around with fun combos. The cost is way too much fore to do that, and I will now rarely move them.
  • Options
    I'm absolutely loving conquest. It's so fun to watch some of my weaker teams destroy higher geared teams because of the data disks. I love how you can choose different data disks and equip them together to best suit your roster and the teams you have.

Side Note: If you're switching mods around for conquest, remember to adjust them before you join Grand Arena :)
  • Options
    Enjoying the new game mode so far. It's been fun to play around in.

One future suggestion: Maybe include an optional "mini" boss fight mid-round that provides it's own crate but not tickets? Something like an AT-ST battle, or Reek or Nexu? Could be a little side mission style type node or nodes. If you wanted to introduce a fleet component, it could be done in the same manner as a one way optional off shoot from an edge node.

A mini-boss could provide an additional challenge and enemy to play. Depending on how it was structured, if it was a mini-raid boss style, maybe it is tuned for you to use two or three teams against it with damage that you do being cumulative. This could also solve the problem of things to do if you get stuck on a node somewhere.

Just thinking of future expansions. Enjoy the mode so far! It is fun and looks to be a good base to build of off.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    I like the game mode but not smthing tht would make me ultra dooper happy to play all the time, perhaps its bcs i expected smthing similar to sandbox where we can use our own rooster vs guild roosters or friends roosters and just play and test our toons viability and overall synergies and just have a ton of fun but.. ok its not bad i quite like it to be fair.

No offense to CG they did their good work and long preparation for this game mode but i would be much more excited for a feature i mentioned above.. i want to play my whole rooster all the time vs other ppls roosters without loosing or winning anything.. while we have now Conquest that is fun but it comes and goes and it cant certainly entertain you all the time.. at least not me.

Good job CG this is the first time you rly showed us you care, pls keep it coming a lot more but features tht we the Community want.. thanks!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    I think there needs to be an information section in game. For example: how doniget answers to questions like

Do the data disc stack?

Example: the decay turn meter. 6.5% tunr meter reduced on hit of enemy. Could i put 12 of those in play and it do 78% tm reduction on hit?

They stack. Crumb mentioned it Cubs stream apparently. Someone asked in one of the other Conquest threads.

Thanks for that.

Now can we get an info page in game detailing that or something
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

So how is the cost donee? It was 20 for me to make my swap. I believe it was a 3 dot in and 2 1 dot out. That's a little more than a stun gun piece. For me to enjoy the disks I would want to be swapping them out constantly to play around with fun combos. The cost is way too much fore to do that, and I will now rarely move them.

I agree with this. Why does there need to be a cost.

Same probpem with mods. I shouldnt have a cost to swap them.....

Id also like no cap on inventory
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Enjoying the new game mode so far. It's been fun to play around in.

One future suggestion: Maybe include an optional "mini" boss fight mid-round that provides it's own crate but not tickets? Something like an AT-ST battle, or Reek or Nexu? Could be a little side mission style type node or nodes. If you wanted to introduce a fleet component, it could be done in the same manner as a one way optional off shoot from an edge node.

A mini-boss could provide an additional challenge and enemy to play. Depending on how it was structured, if it was a mini-raid boss style, maybe it is tuned for you to use two or three teams against it with damage that you do being cumulative. This could also solve the problem of things to do if you get stuck on a node somewhere.

Just thinking of future expansions. Enjoy the mode so far! It is fun and looks to be a good base to build of off.

Those are great ideas. The bosses could stand out more, fighting something big like an AT-ST or Terentatek or the execution beasts sure feels more epic than the usual 5-man team. And the map could be a bit less linear, with not only offshoots but maybe unequal paths too (think choosing between a boss fight or multiple normal fights). Not that the event is bad, but it could imo be even better.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    Some data disks say defense penetration and others say shield penetration. Do they mean the same thing, or is shield penetration something different?
  • Options
    I have been playing for over 3 years now sitting just shy of 3.8 mil gp( could be much higher if I sacrifice more efficiency) ,and can do norm mode conquest but for the sake of newer players there really should be an easy opt. Enemies under g12 are needed, this is a pivotal time for them to learn to use their teams and conquest is the perfect opportunity for that.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I’ve got 2.5 mil GP. Regrettably spread out too much over 157 characters at g8-10. Recently got myself focused and got 1 great relic team and 3 good g12 teams. I’m currently half way into zone 2. I reckon I have a strategy to get through the battle that’s been annoying me. I’m gonna switch out teams for this next battle against either the R1 carth or jtr team.

So I like this event. It’s too strong for me to complete, but I’ve got sector one down no problem and sector 2 is fun and challenging. I’m so close to the next reward that I’m pushing myself to find a way trough. That last fight I shouldn’t have got through at all, but the right data disks and a couple of boosters seen my great team become monsters. Getting very close to next lvl 2 reward crate. If I can’t beat the battles I’ll tidy the missing tickets up with Feats.

So I can’t get that far, but I like the challenge and it’s making me think, adjust, try stuff out. I like I’ve got 2 weeks to find my way to my next goal, which for me is just the next fight.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    There's definitely a bug with the data cards that inflict Armor Shred when enemies fall below 100% health.

Every time they're hit below 100% they gain 2 stacks. I was fighting Geos and they had 20+ armor shreds on some of them.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

This. It seems an odd design choice to create an entire system to theory craft/customize - then add on a "cost" to discourage using it. Poor design choice - I moved one, realized the costs involved and how much gear that was worth and decided against moving them ever again.

The game mode is fun and the disc system is neat, but completely undercut by charging conquest credits for it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I have been playing for over 3 years now sitting just shy of 3.8 mil gp( could be much higher if I sacrifice more efficiency) ,and can do norm mode conquest but for the sake of newer players there really should be an easy opt. Enemies under g12 are needed, this is a pivotal time for them to learn to use their teams and conquest is the perfect opportunity for that.

it's called War and has existed a very long time.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    There's definitely a bug with the data cards that inflict Armor Shred when enemies fall below 100% health.

Every time they're hit below 100% they gain 2 stacks. I was fighting Geos and they had 20+ armor shreds on some of them.

I had this same issue....but why are we complaining?? This is good. shhhhh ;)
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. It seems an odd design choice to create an entire system to theory craft/customize - then add on a "cost" to discourage using it. Poor design choice - I moved one, realized the costs involved and how much gear that was worth and decided against moving them ever again.

The game mode is fun and the disc system is neat, but completely undercut by charging conquest credits for it.

Is it even theory crafting if the enemies have random bonuses all the time and you have different card bonuses? I’m sick of having to spend so much time reading about bonuses. It’s hard enough for my dumb butt to keep track of the normal toon abilities and synergies. :)
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Yep i agree with this 100%

Exact same thing i did. Not sure why they chose to do that. Means ill be using it carefully next time and never changing my original stack
  • Options
    So far I like it. Need to add a search filter to search by stamina for the toons. Also a few ship nodes wouldn't go astray either to take the load off all the toons in our roster
  • Options

Yep i agree with this 100%

Exact same thing i did. Not sure why they chose to do that. Means ill be using it carefully next time and never changing my original stack

I agree that I like the disk system but don’t like the cost. I moved a few and stopped when I saw the cost. It would be really fun to move them at will. Honestly, I’d probably more than make up for that currency cost by spending crystals on the energy.

I really want to make a Vader team that makes use of all the dot data disks and disks that damage when you inflict a debuff lol.
  • Drathuk916
    632 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    First of all, I love the mode overall. It’s close to what I had been missing from GW. I really wish you hadn’t gone the energy route though. I realize you need to monetize this mode but that should have been through stamina refreshes not energy. Yes, I’ve spent crystals on energy but this will likely be the only time I do so unless I can’t maximize my crate with the free fights. In a limited run event, why are you force staggering my engagement? If you didn’t want to do unlimited fights fine then give us a limited number of free attempts before we have to buy more. It’s just hard to get excited or engaged in a mode that offers 8 battles a day for two weeks.

I also wish that fights no longer cost energy once you max a sectors points. There is no real replay ability built in. Maybe I’m missing it because I haven’t finished event feats but it’d be nice to replay for no cost once there is no potential gain similar to GL events.

I also agree with others that moving disks should cost nothing.

The last change I’d make is take away some gear from the event crate and add fixed bottleneck gear to the claimable rewards. I.e maybe take away the purple box and give out the amount of stun guns-stun cuffs you feel are appropriate for the event over the course of the first three sectors or whatever. Basically I’m saying credits and event currency don’t make the claimable rewards exciting enough so shift some of the end of the event rewards to these.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    @Drathuk916 the reason they won't make replays free is the feats. You could just spam Sector 1 missions to complete all the Event Feats that require larger numbers/time investment.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Voygliz wrote: »
    How can it be that in terms of gear chest it is better to get level 5 rewards than full rewards? Check g12.5 chests: 3 in lvl 5 but just 2 in lvl 7.

Is it planned this way for any reason I haven't read? Kyno or someone else...x3wyn1yw79dd.jpg
    saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

As]As you progress through the rewards tiers you get a pull from each box at the end, not just the box you stop at.[/s]

Sorry, I believe I was mistaken, waiting for clarification on this point
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Voygliz wrote: »
    How can it be that in terms of gear chest it is better to get level 5 rewards than full rewards? Check g12.5 chests: 3 in lvl 5 but just 2 in lvl 7.

Is it planned this way for any reason I haven't read? Kyno or someone else...x3wyn1yw79dd.jpg
    saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

As you progress through the rewards tiers you get a pull from each box at the end, not just the box you stop at.

We're not just doing it for gear... We're doing it for a ***load of gear.
    Post edited by Kyno on