New conquest event feedback

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I’m confused by your comment. I want to engage with the content more after I can no longer gain anything from the content. If you’re saying there is a technical challenge due to checking for completion of global feats (what I referred to as event feats as that’s what the mode calls it) that’s different thing all together.

There are feats in 3 places
    1- sector
    2- boss
    3- global

Unless you do everything in the event 100%, you are not "done" and would therefore not unlock the "no energy mode".

There is a point where you can no longer progress, due to difficulty, and that cannot be a point of measure for "being done" as there are 2 weeks of time where you can develop your roster more and get past that point.

So unless someone wants to spend crystals to refresh things to get everything done early, to then have "open game play", there is no other way to get to that point.

I dont see them adding a "I give up" button, as that opens up a bunch of other issues.

There is a no energy mode?
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Dunno whether it was mentioned already but Data Disk Stockpiles shouldn't offer indentical data disks.
    My Sector 3 after boss stockpile has Ruthless Debilitation twice with the same exact stats.

Why shouldn't identical discs be offered? The effects stack.

They are looking at the situation when identical ones show up at the same time. That is a bug.

Then why is there a "you own x" counter?

You can choose only 1 Data Disks at each Stockpile. One of my Stockpiles offers 2 identical Data Disks which limits my options.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Dunno whether it was mentioned already but Data Disk Stockpiles shouldn't offer indentical data disks.
    My Sector 3 after boss stockpile has Ruthless Debilitation twice with the same exact stats.

They are looking at the situation when identical ones show up at the same time. That is a bug.

You can choose only 1 Data Disks at each Stockpile. One of my Stockpiles offers 2 identical Data Disks which limits my options.

And?

We were told effects stack. Reason 1 it would make sense to have duplicates. There is a counter listing how many you own. Reason 2 it would make sense to have duplicates.

What does your response have to do with it? You're talking about why you don't want duplicates, which is a different issue than if there are supposed to be duplicates.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    If you can only choose 1 per data disk node you encounter, finding 3 identical data disks on the same node (as I did) does not allow you to own more than one of them and doesn't trigger anything special on the "you own X" counter.

it just means that on that node you don't get a choice about which data card you want. I wasn't sure if it was a bug, but it certainly was annoying to find that one node gave the same choice across three slots - and therefore no choice at all.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

And?

We were told effects stack. Reason 1 it would make sense to have duplicates. There is a counter listing how many you own. Reason 2 it would make sense to have duplicates.

What does your response have to do with it? You're talking about why you don't want duplicates, which is a different issue than if there are supposed to be duplicates.

w9py77wvzyfi.png

I know they stack, I don't mind duplicates. But duplicates in one stockpile shouldn't happen.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options

Oh ok I think I finally get it. You're saying there can be multiple of the same disc but not supposed to be multiples at the same spot on the map.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They shouldn't be offered in the same vertical "slice" on the map. That is the bug
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

You seem to misunderstand. When you pick your disks from the stockpile (the map node), you choose one. If there are multiple identical disks, it limits your choice with no benefit.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Lol yes I've acknowledged my new found understanding above.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Id also say the crate is too hard to get.

I know you dont need all the feats... but i still feel like im down to the few i vant do and the few that are largely annoying to do without said needed counter.

Think lower the amount of feats needed to get to red crate or up the number of tokens a feat grants.

Sucks to have 3 starred it all and yet not be there

Need is a strong word.

From your other post, knowing you are close doesnt help you get it. You still need a proper plan and proper execution, which can be done without a counter.

It would be a great thing and much appreciated, but much like the argument for hiding scores on GAC, if you just plan to do everything in your power to do it, knowing (or not) changes nothing.

Difference is without the counter i dont know if i need to rethink, remod or just tweak a move or two.

So yes need is the correct term.

Just like scoring in GAC, you can do all of that before hand in your plan, and go in expecting that you need to 100%maximize your effort.

Players are doing it without a counter, so no need is not the correct term.

I am not arguing not to get it.

Someone: I need food, I haven't eaten in three days

Kyno, probably: People have survived more than three days without food, so no need is not the correct term

This is such a ludicrous semantical argument. Can you really not see a situation where we need the counter so we know whether or not our strategy is working? Maybe I removed 699% turn meter in the battle, just falling short, and getting a bit better rng would have gotten me the feat, so my strategy is sound. Or maybe I only removed 300%, so I need to use a different team comp. So yes I do need a counter, and it doesn't matter whether or not other players have been doing it without one.

Wrong.

Here you go:

I need a hotdog on a bun.

Here is a hotdog.

No I need the bun.

Sorry what is this analogy supposed to mean? I'm guessing we're the one's asking for a hot dog on a bun (aka a counter/progress bar). CG is the one giving us a hot dog, except they've given us absolutely nothing, so there is no "hot dog". So....what are you trying to say? For someone who rails against bad analogies whenever other people make them, you seem to have a few bad ones of your own.

I know you dont need all the feats... but i still feel like im down to the few i vant do and the few that are largely annoying to do without said needed counter.

Think lower the amount of feats needed to get to red crate or up the number of tokens a feat grants.

Need is a strong word.

From your other post, knowing you are close doesnt help you get it. You still need a proper plan and proper execution, which can be done without a counter.

It would be a great thing and much appreciated, but much like the argument for hiding scores on GAC, if you just plan to do everything in your power to do it, knowing (or not) changes nothing.

Difference is without the counter i dont know if i need to rethink, remod or just tweak a move or two.

Just like scoring in GAC, you can do all of that before hand in your plan, and go in expecting that you need to 100%maximize your effort.

While i get you arent saying we shouldnt want it.... i disagree with you completely.

I am not going to do maximum effort and move all kinds of mods to stab in the dark at something. Im either there or im not.

I then evaluate where i am based on how close to the goal i am. The fact that it doesnt give me a count or progress bar at all means i am unable to evaluate.

If im 1 or 2 away, i tweak my play. But i need to consider what i could be doing wrong.

If im way off i need to evaluate mods or gear or zeta or the team in general.

I cant tell any of that without the desired count/bar.

So yes need is correct in my case.

The continued use of feats i cant tell if im close to getting or way off is annoying and un fun. It makes me not want to do them

Example: Currently im 37/50 thermals and i dont have good mods or gear on any of my characters that dish out thermals. I will power through because i have that counter. If i didnt know... i wouldnt be trying that feat.

There are also many scenarios where it being there does nothing if you are already putting in maximum effort.

And there are also many scenerios where it being there matters, which you seem fine with completely ignoring. I can do all the planning I want to prepare for the "remove 700% turn meter" feat, but if I don't get it, now what? Did I have a good strategy, and I just made a few "misplays", meaning that if I try a few more times I'll probably get there? Or is my team inadequate for the feat and no amount of re-trying will get me there? How am I supposed to tell without a progress bar? Maybe the "maximum effort" I think I'm putting in isn't actually the optimal way and I should try to seek out another "maximum effort", and I progress bar is needed to let me know what type of planning I should do next.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Need is a strong word.

Someone: I need food, I haven't eaten in three days

Kyno, probably: People have survived more than three days without food, so no need is not the correct term

This is such a ludicrous semantical argument. Can you really not see a situation where we need the counter so we know whether or not our strategy is working? Maybe I removed 699% turn meter in the battle, just falling short, and getting a bit better rng would have gotten me the feat, so my strategy is sound. Or maybe I only removed 300%, so I need to use a different team comp. So yes I do need a counter, and it doesn't matter whether or not other players have been doing it without one.

Wrong.

Here you go:

I need a hotdog on a bun.

Here is a hotdog.

No I need the bun.

Sorry what is this analogy supposed to mean? I'm guessing we're the one's asking for a hot dog on a bun (aka a counter/progress bar). CG is the one giving us a hot dog, except they've given us absolutely nothing, so there is no "hot dog". So....what are you trying to say? For someone who rails against bad analogies whenever other people make them, you seem to have a few bad ones of your own.

Need is a strong word.

While i get you arent saying we shouldnt want it.... i disagree with you completely.

I am not going to do maximum effort and move all kinds of mods to stab in the dark at something. Im either there or im not.

I then evaluate where i am based on how close to the goal i am. The fact that it doesnt give me a count or progress bar at all means i am unable to evaluate.

If im 1 or 2 away, i tweak my play. But i need to consider what i could be doing wrong.

If im way off i need to evaluate mods or gear or zeta or the team in general.

I cant tell any of that without the desired count/bar.

So yes need is correct in my case.

The continued use of feats i cant tell if im close to getting or way off is annoying and un fun. It makes me not want to do them

Example: Currently im 37/50 thermals and i dont have good mods or gear on any of my characters that dish out thermals. I will power through because i have that counter. If i didnt know... i wouldnt be trying that feat.

There are also many scenarios where it being there does nothing if you are already putting in maximum effort.

And there are also many scenerios where it being there matters, which you seem fine with completely ignoring. I can do all the planning I want to prepare for the "remove 700% turn meter" feat, but if I don't get it, now what? Did I have a good strategy, and I just made a few "misplays", meaning that if I try a few more times I'll probably get there? Or is my team inadequate for the feat and no amount of re-trying will get me there? How am I supposed to tell without a progress bar? Maybe the "maximum effort" I think I'm putting in isn't actually the optimal way and I should try to seek out another "maximum effort", and I progress bar is needed to let me know what type of planning I should do next.

Hey! I'm the one that rains down on analogies, he does make bad ones every single time.
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Your not in the dark, you can count.

How do I count how much TM removal I've done?

You don't lol, if it was remove TM from enemies 20 times, then u could count it, but even my gear 12 troopers kill the see team too quickly for me to get the 700% TM removal ib6aoh3mu9u1.jpg
    But it is a good thing we don't need all of the feats to get the last loot box pamvqm12a7fk.jpg
  • Options
    @Kyno it would be great if we can get the feat counters added to the game once we are out of the trial phase of conquest, on GC is annoying yes but it doesn't make you spend crystals to retry it, while here we do actually need to spend crystals on attempts if u ran out of energy.
    Cab you please bring this up to crumb and see if we can get an answer
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno it would be great if we can get the feat counters added to the game once we are out of the trial phase of conquest, on GC is annoying yes but it doesn't make you spend crystals to retry it, while here we do actually need to spend crystals on attempts if u ran out of energy.

It would be great, I dont know if they have a timeline on them, so we will have to wait and see.

Personally I dont expect them by the first non exhibition run.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno it would be great if we can get the feat counters added to the game once we are out of the trial phase of conquest, on GC is annoying yes but it doesn't make you spend crystals to retry it, while here we do actually need to spend crystals on attempts if u ran out of energy.

It would be great, I dont know if they have a timeline on them, so we will have to wait and see.

Can you express the idea of them not using feats that would be better with said counter in place
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Can you express the idea of them not using feats that would be better with said counter in place

Yes we have, but I wouldn't expect any interim changes if they have plans for a counter to be introduced.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Loving the new mode but there are a lot of either glitches or terrible luck with RNG.

The feats keeping going blank when seeing them in the boss section. It’s very annoying as I had to leave the conquest several times and try again until they show up. This have to be one of first things need to be fixed.

Some feats are too long: especially inflicting “mark” 20 times. Only JKR can inflict this on an enemy unit. 10 times would be fine but 20?!

The Phoenix modifier:

kjsc32v43vr9.jpeg

100% chance of repeat an attack after critical hit, with 25% reduction on next possible critical hit. Sabine exploited this and smashed a full health and stamina R7 Darth Vader to oblivion. This took over several rapid critical hits which is either a glitch or just a bad case of RNG?

Also data disk management needs to be improved: there’s no way I can see the effects of a disk until I added them to my use list and I tried remove an not applied data disk from the list and it charged me 5 for it. I’m sure I didn’t click on confirm for the disks to be locked in for use. Another glitch.

I’ve seen three same data disks on the same node as well.

Anyway, apart from those problems, the mode is exciting.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    If you add the disc but do not confirm, you can see what it is then remove for no cost. But I agree, we absolutely should be able to long press on a disk to see what it is without moving it into the active disque list.
  • Vendi1983
    5029 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @khdelboy you can do the JKR Marked feat in 1-2 battles.

Cooldown reduction card + buff on turn card + NS with acolyte team.

Kill everyone but zombie and acolyte. Brick zombie and then Mark her every turn JKR takes. Then with about 30-45 seconds left just start using Yoda's flying meatball move every turn to kill everyone.

On Sector 5 you can get the evasion feat done in the same 1-2 battles, same strategy, just spam GMY + HY foresight abilities
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Ok looking at normal for 1st week thoughts.

1. Less feats. Eliminate boss battle feats entirely
    2. Counter/progress bar for feats... obviously
    3. Less tickets needed to progress through crates. If you do #1 you will do this too.
    4. Too long. Reduce energy refresh time and increase speed of stamina refresh.... do this to reduce over all time for the event. 2 weeks is too long
    5. Rewards in store. More gear and better characters in that store.
    6. No cost to changing data disc

Those are my thoughts. Hopefully that helps.

Mode is mostly good. I enjoyed the pace and challenge of normal. Ill likely try hard and give feedback on that.
  • Options

3. Less tickets needed to progress through crates. If you do #1 you will do this too.
    4. Too long. Reduce energy refresh time and increase speed of stamina refresh.... do this to reduce over all time for the event. 2 weeks is too long

Mode is mostly good. I enjoyed the pace and challenge of normal. Ill likely try hard and give feedback on that.

no boss feats could be a problem if you can't get a specific feat accomplished though. I don't see them giving you easier access by eliminating boss feats. Really it would just make it harder for many players.
    This is a 1x a month thing. So you want it once a month, for one week, instead of two weeks? Meh. I'd rather not. The slower pace means you can still cope with TB/TW/GAC. If it was just a week there'd be an issue for many people with limited time. I also don't mind the cheap cost of data disk changing. It's not like they're charging an obscene amount of credits for it.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

no boss feats could be a problem if you can't get a specific feat accomplished though. I don't see them giving you easier access by eliminating boss feats. Really it would just make it harder for many players.
    This is a 1x a month thing. So you want it once a month, for one week, instead of two weeks? Meh. I'd rather not. The slower pace means you can still cope with TB/TW/GAC. If it was just a week there'd be an issue for many people with limited time. I also don't mind the cheap cost of data disk changing. It's not like they're charging an obscene amount of credits for it.

I disagree. But i would suggest they not use certain feats entirely.

Eliminating 75 tickets for all boss feats entirely, and lowering crate requirements by 75 across them all... would still maintain the not having to do all the feats to get them.
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Options
    At 4.3M GP, I was struggling getting through Sector 3 until I managed to RNG myself into a godly Data Disc combination.
    1. I feel that this is too hard for a "Normal" difficulty: If I'm having trouble only 3 sectors in at the recommended GP for the "Hard" difficulty, and only managing to cheese my way through because of RNG, the difficulty is too strong.
    2. My main faults lie in the speed of the enemies and their gear/relic level. I can only outspeed them by using an SLKR lead, but once I've used up my stamina with SLKR then I'm pretty screwed. "But what about Stamina Boosters?" Yes, those help keeping my SLKR in the running, but I would like to get through the conquest without having to use just one character every single matchup.
    3. The Wandering Scavenger offers too little for people who don't want to spend crystals. Just one purchase of one type of booster? And the prices on those boosters are just ridiculous for the crystals. There needs to be more to be purchased with credits from the traders.
    4. I'd like to be able to see what the Data Discs do before applying them to my loadout. Perhaps holding down the Data Disc, or a confirmation button along with a description of the Data Disc would be the best way to do it.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Vendi1983
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    1 / 2 - the entire mode is built around strategy, time, and theory crafting with teams and data cards. Sometimes it's not about going first, but possibly penalizing them for taking turns. I have guildmates at 3m GP that are red crate already, so it's not about "GL every battle".

3 - agree. Not once did I even consider buying anything from those nodes. If I had the choice, always went towards a data card node instead.

4 - This I whole heartedly agree with. The data card inventory system is clunky and poorly executed. Insert, swap, remove, etc, all just to see what they do? I would love the long press idea.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    At 4.3M GP, I was struggling getting through Sector 3 until I managed to RNG myself into a godly Data Disc combination.
    1. I feel that this is too hard for a "Normal" difficulty: If I'm having trouble only 3 sectors in at the recommended GP for the "Hard" difficulty, and only managing to cheese my way through because of RNG, the difficulty is too strong.
    2. My main faults lie in the speed of the enemies and their gear/relic level. I can only outspeed them by using an SLKR lead, but once I've used up my stamina with SLKR then I'm pretty screwed. "But what about Stamina Boosters?" Yes, those help keeping my SLKR in the running, but I would like to get through the conquest without having to use just one character every single matchup.

My alt is 2.8m and easily into sector 4 now. I've used two teams alternating (SLKR and Padme) and am not having any issues. You are doing something very wrong.
  • Options

I'm into sector 4 and haven't used my GL yet. I only used Drevs in sector 3 for sith team feats. as for enemy speed, my Vader who is slow was going first against tons of teams :joy: sounds like your issue is your disks and your strategy, not so much the difficulty level.

Also 4 mil is not the recommended GP for Hard. 5 mil is recommended. 4 mil is just the minimum requirement to access it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    3. The Wandering Scavenger offers too little for people who don't want to spend crystals. Just one purchase of one type of booster? And the prices on those boosters are just ridiculous for the crystals. There needs to be more to be purchased with credits from the traders.
    4. I'd like to be able to see what the Data Discs do before applying them to my loadout. Perhaps holding down the Data Disc, or a confirmation button along with a description of the Data Disc would be the best way to do it.

1/2 sound like you may have a low focus on mods, but that's ok, your focus on data discs should be around speed and TM gain, to help compensate for holes in your roster.

3 - these are meant to be powerful and meaningful choices.

4 - you can, its currently clunky but you just add them, and read what they do, if you dont like it just exit, if you do, go back and look at the ones you want to remove to balance your energy. No this is not ideal, but it is doable
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    What do I do to spend the remaining 55 credits so they don't burn? There's nothing else that can earn me credits left.

qz0qvn60a67c.png
  • Options
    Credits carry over
  • Options
    There's a visual bug in the game where boss feats are faded out to the point of being unreadable.

Moreover, it seems like the "feat accomplished" indicator is to fade the feat out ... but if feats that aren't yet accomplished are faded out, that's no longer a good indicator.

Please both fix the inappropriate fading and add a separate indicator (check mark or whatever) to clearly indicate which feats have been accomplished.