2 + years in. still no relics

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Larx wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Javajoe wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't know about having teams until about 5 months ago. So working on Phoenix now. I wishbI had known this was a team based game b4 then.

I don't understand your statement. What do you mean you know about having teams? That's like saying I didn't know this baseball game I'm playing has teams.

I didn't know you could solo a baseball team with one player.

Again Speed. Only Speed matters.

Naw lol, all the other stats also matter to varying degrees.
  • Options
    I've been playing this game for over two years. I still have no relics. I presume you have to buy them now since you can't earn them. This is not a troll thing. Im just saying ftp accounts can't advance.

I'm FTP and I don't have much relic characters (because getting past G12 is really hard) but it can be done if you just get you a good guild and concentrate in 2 or 3 characters at a time.

Try having easy to get teams to do good on raids and TB, like Light Side Revan + Bastila + Jolee + Master Yoda
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't know about having teams until about 5 months ago. So working on Phoenix now. I wishbI had known this was a team based game b4 then.

I don't understand your statement. What do you mean you know about having teams? That's like saying I didn't know this baseball game I'm playing has teams.

I didn't know you could solo a baseball team with one player.

Again Speed. Only Speed matters.

Naw lol, all the other stats also matter to varying degrees.

I think we've proved once again the forums are terrible at analogies, thanks lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    OP, you might want to head over to the New Players-section, despite you having played for two years. There are several great tips and tricks in there, that might be just what you need.

Also, if you have unlocked 7* Palpatine and Thrawn, leave the Phoenix, stop focusing on them. Go for General Skywalker or Darth Revan instead.
  • Options
    7* lol. It took me Foever to get 7 * Vader. I don't have Thrawn. At the rare rste you increase characters in this game it takes waaayyyyy too long. If I could do 7* on a character in like a day or two and not spend money to do it. Then that would be great. At the way this game goes relic or level 2 gold ring character will take another 5 years
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    7* lol. It took me Foever to get 7 * Vader. I don't have Thrawn. At the rare rste you increase characters in this game it takes waaayyyyy too long. If I could do 7* on a character in like a day or two and not spend money to do it. Then that would be great. At the way this game goes relic or level 2 gold ring character will take another 5 years

Have you tried playing every day? And doing the dailies? Farming characters? Adding mods? Joining a guild? Doing raids? Tb/tw/gac/gc/other gc? Might help imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    My guild has 105mil power. I was in a 35mil guild for a long time. Again didn't even realize about team stuff until I came on here. I don't remember see anything in game saying you needed teams. Just to get characters to build. I play every event. Farm the stuff until I run out. Just takes way too long. I have had Vader on lvl 12 for at least 9 months now and still can't get to 13.
  • crzydroid
    7339 posts Moderator
    Options
    My guild has 105mil power. I was in a 35mil guild for a long time. Again didn't even realize about team stuff until I came on here. I don't remember see anything in game saying you needed teams. Just to get characters to build. I play every event. Farm the stuff until I run out. Just takes way too long. I have had Vader on lvl 12 for at least 9 months now and still can't get to 13.

You have yet to provide more specifics. Post your swgoh.gg account so people can see your roster and help you. What gear are you missing to get to g13? What is your strategy and approach to the game?
  • Options
    I've tried 6 times to link. Not sure if it's because I use Chrome but it won't link. At least from what I can tell.

• Options
    Does it suppose to tell you are linked and then show how you post profile?
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    shouldnt be that hard. everything is well explained on swgoh.gg

sry, but by reading your posts i think you are not telling us everything.
    do you play every da?
    did you read ingame advices / messages?
    did you look out for guides?

i cant believe it took you this long for building teams with synergies...or at least thinking about synergies....
  • Options
    Does it suppose to tell you are linked and then show how you post profile?

You could always just post your ally code?
  • Mucro
    109 posts Member
    Options

It's a matter of activity and focus, not money.

Vader takes some time due to him being on a rare spawn in the store, but Phoenix really only take a few weeks, even without spending money.

In situations like these, it's usually a problem with activity, bad guild, and inefficient use of resources. If you try to gear up too many characters at the same time, you will never get to relic. Even a casual level 85 f2p-player should on average be able to get a character to relic every one or two weeks, with the right focus.

Also, did it never occur to you until recently to read abilities, like the Leaderships, in order to understand the power of squads based on faction/synergy? If you have a leader that says "Increase the health and offense of rebel allies by 25 %", wouldn't it make more sense to only use rebels with this leader, despite the game not specifically telling you to do so? Even if the game doesn't tell you everything you have to do, this is a game of strategy and improvement, thus you should always look for ways to stay as strong as possible.
  • Options
    @Javajoe Just post your ally code.

Also, again, which exact pieces are you having a tough time obtaining? Which pieces are stopping you from getting your Vader to 13?
  • Options
    Mk5 stun gun. My ally code is 333-141-316
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options

That's one of the gear crunches in the game - that's just how it goes. Save your store currency for it and farm that specific piece.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Best bet is to always save a refresh for farming those from a node.

Next is to always pick them up from the stores they are available in. Shard shop, guild event, and GAC (I think)
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's actually in GAC store but that store is kyro or bust for me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7339 posts Moderator
    Options
    You should be able to farm sun guns in less than two years (although it looks like you're missing the finisher and another g12+ piece).

Manage your resources well, don't gear or level characters you don't use. And yes, squads are a thing. Try working on your Palpatine and Piett to give your arena team more synergy.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You should be able to farm sun guns in less than two years (although it looks like you're missing the finisher and another g12+ piece).

Manage your resources well, don't gear or level characters you don't use. And yes, squads are a thing.

This.

If your goal is a relic Vader, spend any energy you have left after your daily shard farms for those stun guns. It shouldn't take too long. Also spend your extra crystals on more energy for those, too.
  • Options
    Sounds like your problem is lack of research. There is tons of youtube videos and information on these forums for you to get some guidance. I quit in 2017 and came back in December 2020 with 0 G12 characters and 0 relics. I now have 8 G12 and today i will have my 3rd relic completely F2P.

You need to have a plan and stick to it, focus on one toon at a time for gear and you will see them grow. I also got into a 190m GP guild which others have already told you is a massive part of seeing results in this game. You choices are do research and come up with a plan or continue wandering aimlessly through the game complaining. I understand where your coming from to a point, in 2017 I quit because it was overwhelming, but no one is going to play the game for you or give you a solid plan, you have to put in some work.
  • Options
    It's actually pretty easy to get a relic if you focus, it should take 2 weeks once you are G12 and focus from there.
  • Options
    You create a swgoh profile and copy and paste the link to your swgoh profile. Should look like this >> https://swgoh.gg/p/812755916/ <<

It’s a bit hard to help not knowing what you have going. Getting a relic character shouldn’t be difficult, speaking as a ftp
  • Options
    Relic player pretty much impossible from my POV. Again 2+ years playing every day. Anyways I went to the swgoh.gg site but it won't sync so no way to post profile. I have tried about 8 times now. Not sure what magic tricks I have to perform to make that happen.
  • Options
    Relic player pretty much impossible from my POV. Again 2+ years playing every day. Anyways I went to the swgoh.gg site but it won't sync so no way to post profile. I have tried about 8 times now. Not sure what magic tricks I have to perform to make that happen.

Several people have asked you to post your ally code
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

From everybody else's point of view it's fairly easy to reach relic level with several characters after 2 years. You must be doing something differently.

Make sure that you enter the correct player ID when you create your account.
  • Options

When creating the account, you need the player ID - found in the options menu when you press the cogwheel in the upper left corner ingame. Not the ally code, which is found in the player profile ingame.

Also there is something you are doing wrong if it’s impossible for you to get to relic after playing daily for two years.
  • Options
    Relic player pretty much impossible from my POV.
    So what you're saying is, for you it is impossible to get those Stun Guns you said you needed? They are from a regular energy battle, just put some energy/crystals into that and you'll get them in no time.
  • crzydroid
    7339 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Options

Several people have asked you to post your ally code

They did post ally code; scroll up. It looks like they are spreading resources around every character, which is why I gave advice to manage and focus better. Also, I think OP mentioned they were in a really bad guild until recently.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    yeah, but even by spreading to your whole roster, after 2+ years completing your dailies + finishing events you should have made more process.

so i really dont think he plays every day.

and stun guns isnt really a problem if you do everything that u can a day.