Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    "Mob derangement" lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Can't stand it. Long and boring month. I love getting people to relic then not using them for 4 weeks. Will afk 3v3 from now on.

You're at 4.2m GP. I'm curious on which relic chars you're talking about.

I have 32 relic toons. Here is over 200k useless GP q8vxf58t4r0h.jpg

And honestly I have won so much I have zero zeta urgency. Thats the other problem. The rewards aren't good enough anymore to justify the effort. They are pathetic actually. If they made the rewards enticing I might deal with 3v3 but they are so miserly that my apathy reins.

That's exactly what I like in 3v3: you have to be creative in order to maximise your efficiency, and yes, you'll probably have leftovers. If you don't use them, good for you, it means your offense is going smoothly and you don't need kitchen sink to finish the job.

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Re: rewards... in what way is this any different from 5v5?

Also, if SLKR is one of your relic toons, more than half of the “useless” GP you’ve posted is anything but, and GP that every single owner of SLKR has got.

The rewards aren't different. Didn't say they were. They should be better since everyone seems to think this is "super pro" mode or whatever (I actually find rng to play a bigger role in the outcome in 3v3 than 5v5 which makes me disagree).

Im not looking for equity here. I dont care what anyone else has. I don't want to dial in Ahsoka to tighten up my GR squad then see that I'll be parking her on the bench for four months. You aren't going to convince me this is awesome. And again, this isn't a fairness argument. It's a value issue.
    You didn’t say they were different, but you said the rewards weren’t good enough to justify the effort. So why are the rewards in 5v5 good enough to justify the effort?

Four months with your Ahsoka on the bench? What are you even talking about here? There are multiple game modes - I have several relic toons who rarely / never see the light of day in PvP, but they have either unlocked other toons or have uses elsewhere like TB or their ship in fleet arena.

I meant four *weeks*, that's the length of a GAC season. Yes there are multiple game modes. I can appreciate your passion in defending 3v3, but saying "there are other game modes" I don't see changes the my problem with 3v3.

The rewards in 5v5 are good enough to justify the effort because the intangible rewards of enjoyment reduce the importance of the game rewards. 3v3 doesn't carry the same intangible rewards, which increases the importance of the game rewards. It's a valuation argument. People value things differently. Nobody has to be accountable to my personal preference, I just think with that in mind something like GAC should offer a choice. It's hard not to notice the large number of threads wanting less of or no 3v3 but I don't see the same thing for 5v5.

I also don't want people who like it to not be able to play it. They should be able to choose it and make all of their wildest dreams come true. What is really weird is the total mob derangement toward those who complain about 3v3.

Rex, Ahsoka, Fives works. Leaves Shaak Ti to lead the other two 501st and frees up GAS for a solo or use with JKR/JML/JKL etc etc.

As is being demonstrated here and your thread, the intangible rewards you speak of aren't absent for everyone.