[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Options
    i played this game from start and level every toon i come across long before GL were even an idea. im not like you who keep toons at lvl 1/gear1 for years nor should i be penalized for doing so.
    The first GLs were announced 17 months ago.

I’ve got all 4 and don’t have any toons below g7 and have only one toon that isn’t lvl85.

You aren’t penalised for levelling / gearing toons, but you are penalised for not levelling the ones that keep you competitive.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    i played this game from start and level every toon i come across long before GL were even an idea. im not like you who keep toons at lvl 1/gear1 for years nor should i be penalized for doing so.

GLs have been out for over a year now,

I only have the new bad batch toons at level 1 only because i ran out of credits to level 85 all of them

that doesn't change my question, why not prioritize gearing GL reqs?

Its not like they came out yesterday, they are over a year old by now
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    1) You haven't been penalized for the bottom end of your roster since GAC introduced top x matchmaking almost 2 years ago
    2) relics were introduced a few months later giving everyone a golden opportunity to rebalance their rosters
    3) GLs were introduced a year later

If you made a 6m GP top-heavy roster without any GLs that was your choice. If you failed to consider the effect that would have on your GAC matchmaking, that was your failure.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Why do you guys try to argue with GlitterOutlaw? It's obvious he doesn't understand how GAC matchmaking works nor does he want to improve his roster.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options

You were penalized only initially when GAC launched and they used total GP. It ****.
    But now they use 'top X' for matching, and it's much better I find.
    I have ~5.8M GP and no GLs (by choice - I level teams I like instead) and there are certainly counters available. No need to separate GLs - if you don't want one, level up your other teams and learn to counter them. Lots of videos on youtube that explain how.
  • Options
    you need a way to split GL players with Non GL players its not fair, no reg team can beat them. banning GL outright i think is another way, i have 6mil GP and no GL and i face them alot

Not true. I faced 2 GLs for the first time and won both rounds (I have none). Farm the counters.
    Level 59
  • Zerts
    9 posts Member
    Options
    Wimma wrote: »

You were penalized only initially when GAC launched and they used total GP. It ****.
    But now they use 'top X' for matching, and it's much better I find.
    I have ~5.8M GP and no GLs (by choice - I level teams I like instead) and there are certainly counters available. No need to separate GLs - if you don't want one, level up your other teams and learn to counter them. Lots of videos on youtube that explain how.

My issue is not about GL vs no GL. At almost 6m that is by choice. My issue is having to pick between expanding your roster or farming awful fleets at 3-4m GP. By 6m you should have solid teams and counters and the fleets. At 4m, you are stretching your roster thin by farming 4 fleets and trying to better your roster. Leave it for higher divisions and let the lower ones focus on 1 fleet.

Example, I can either farm 1 GET 2 fleet to 7* and help in TB and TW more and climb in arena, or I can get 2 5* GET 2 ships which will only help in GAC. I shouldn't have to make that choice just to compete in GAC better.
  • RiockTheGreat
    posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    The problem is the drop in squads
    Divisions 7 through 9

Most of the players who will end up in these divisions will be dropping 2 squads from both O and D (4 squads total) from what they have been playing.

There is a lot of anger in the mid range GP players regarding this change. For most of them, this is their favourite mode. And now they should really stop developing new characters, as there is no point.

If anyone else feels the same, please chime in. Not a single mid range GP player likes this change.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Division 8-9 is not mid range, it's basically early game. There are 4 TBs and plenty of legendaries to work towards and you'll transition to a higher division soon enough where you get to use more squads.

In d7 at 3m-ish GP I can see it being a problem, but that's the point where GLs start to get more focused for most competitive players so again your GP grows quick enough to move up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Divisions 7 through 9

Most of the players who will end up in these divisions will be dropping 2 squads from both O and D (4 squads total) from what they have been playing.

There is a lot of anger in the mid range GP players regarding this change. For most of them, this is their favourite mode. And now they should really stop developing new characters, as there is no point.

If anyone else feels the same, please chime in. Not a single mid range GP player likes this change.

@RiockTheGreat. they have not made the change, and have take the player feedback to discuss this further.

Generally speaking the goal seems to be to make the transition more even and have all players placing either the same or more squads as they do now, but we will have to wait and see how the new layout works out.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't read back through 17 pages, but I've been thinking more and more about how former Div1 peoples having fewer fleets. I think its a mistake.

New Div3/4 should have 2 fleets on defense, as well.
  • Options
    I assume the changes will be implemented for the next season of grand arena. Looking forward to the changes!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I assume the changes will be implemented for the next season of grand arena. Looking forward to the changes!

No, they do not have a current launch date for any changes and will likely have a follow up post with any changes if they make any.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

No, they do not have a current launch date for any changes and will likely have a follow up post with any changes if they make any.

Seriously? I thought it was for the upcoming GAC season.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

I will check, to my knowledge they are still in discussions about this.
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options

I kinda thought so too, but I've not seen any firm dates indicating such. I've recently bloated my roster with GL requirements, but still don't have the GL, so I'm not looking forward to the jump to division 2. 😬

Maybe they'll take our feedback (pages and pages of it) and implement it quickly? I hope so.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options

p8kgf25s7ck8.jpeg

Crumb said it was likely but you never know I guess
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Would be nice to see.an official follow-up post given the scope of the changes, the seemingly half-baked nature of their initial proposal and our subsequent feedback.
  • Zerts
    9 posts Member
    Options
    Divisions 7 through 9

@RiockTheGreat. they have not made the change, and have take the player feedback to discuss this further.

Generally speaking the goal seems to be to make the transition more even and have all players placing either the same or more squads as they do now, but we will have to wait and see how the new layout works out.

Again, the placement of SQAUDS would be welcomed. The placement 4 fleets at 4m GP is to be blunt, stupid. I have Malevolence and a decent Rebel squad. So basically I throw 2 crap fleets on D and hope my opponent doesn't have 2 GET 2 fleets. Seems logical no? Throw literal trash out just to place them. What is the actual point? There is 0 fun in placing things you know cannot or will not hold on D just to throw things out there. I understand their logic with this.

Again, like I have said 10 times before. Leave 4 fleets for Div 1-4 who can actually spare the GP for them. Let lower GP focus on teams to actually help their guilds in raids, TB, TW. How well does my 200k Empire fleet hold in GAC or TW? It doesn't if I want any semblance of competing in Fleet Arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zerts wrote: »
    Divisions 7 through 9

Again, the placement of SQAUDS would be welcomed. The placement 4 fleets at 4m GP is to be blunt, stupid. I have Malevolence and a decent Rebel squad. So basically I throw 2 crap fleets on D and hope my opponent doesn't have 2 GET 2 fleets. Seems logical no? Throw literal trash out just to place them. What is the actual point? There is 0 fun in placing things you know cannot or will not hold on D just to throw things out there. I understand their logic with this.

Again, like I have said 10 times before. Leave 4 fleets for Div 1-4 who can actually spare the GP for them. Let lower GP focus on teams to actually help their guilds in raids, TB, TW. How well does my 200k Empire fleet hold in GAC or TW? It doesn't if I want any semblance of competing in Fleet Arena.

2 fleets (4 total) is currently down at 3M. We will have to see where that line falls, but its not likely to go to a higher GP, it will likely stay at the same level.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Divisions 7 through 9

2 fleets (4 total) is currently down at 3M. We will have to see where that line falls, but its not likely to go to a higher GP, it will likely stay at the same level.
    It starts at 3.8m which is the bottom end of division 2 and which was absolutely fine for fielding 4 fleets.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Divisions 7 through 9

It starts at 3.8m which is the bottom end of division 2 and which was absolutely fine for fielding 4 fleets.

Yeah I couldn't remember the exact number, just that is was below 4.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

After checking they believe they are still on schedule.
  • Options

On schedule meaning they are changing with the next season of grand arena?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

That's nice. What exactly are they going to do? Will it be what they attempted, with limited success, to communicate previously or some modified form of that?

Either way, an updated and clearer communication of GP ranges and squad / fleet placements would be much appreciated.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Either way, an updated and clearer communication of GP ranges and squad / fleet placements would be much appreciated.

Which they will do when they have the information together.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

Well tell them to hurry up, would you. I'm having my tea break and I need something to read! :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Well tell them to hurry up, would you. I'm having my tea break and I need something to read! :D

They look busy:
    srzbym7z6vyo.gif

:wink:
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    The first GLs were announced 17 months ago.

I’ve got all 4 and don’t have any toons below g7 and have only one toon that isn’t lvl85.

You aren’t penalised for levelling / gearing toons, but you are penalised for not levelling the ones that keep you competitive.

Isn't hilarious that we live in a world where people think their assumptions are factual evidence?