[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Prediction- IF we are required to have KAM as a prerequisite for GL Kenobi, Wat and KAM will move into the GET1/2 store at the same time.

    I wish
  • Phoenixeon
    1446 posts Member
    edited April 28
    Z2gop wrote: »
    Wohooo another Kenobi. 😂 not even Carbonite Han yet ? I got excited when I saw Ashoka I got excited that’s it would be from the timeframe of the mandalorian and her new show . Nope .

    Probably saving for a mando journey continued.
  • TVF
    31068 posts Member
    edited April 28
    mariogsh wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    You can put CUP R8 if you want to
    Just NO KAM

    RELIC 8 CUP IS WAY WORSE

    No is not
    Players like me, can afford R8 mats now thanks to conquest (not able to do CRancor yet)

    KAM is locked behind a BIG wall
    Our guild can't even do 1 shard yet because we can't get to his territory in time to begin with

    Even when we did, we don't expect more than 10 shards per month

    Best case scenario, you get 50 per month
    That's still 7 months to get him to 7*

    Is a gigantic wall which includes time

    The game includes paitience

    And I will be patient when farming my toons, just I don't think it should be fair to lock down people THAT far for a character

    7* KAM's are just being unlocked rn, and a big part of the playerbase doesn't own him yet

    Yes, I know this is endgame content, but still, incluiding KAM means destroying guilds

    Lots of people will abandon their guilds in order to farm that only piece that will be missing (KAM) and I don't like that idea

    How many ppl with all 4 GLs don't have KAM yet? Or close enough once they finish other reqs?

    Why would not owning the other 4 GL's should keep you apart from this one?

    I'm saying there are 4 GLs to get before you need to worry about getting the 5th. By that point you'll probably have your r8 materials and KAM (of he's even actually needed)

    But no other GL is Master Kenobi
    It's not a "progressive" thing, like JKL before JML

    They're different GL's, I should be able to pick which I want to go after
    This is also a collector game, I want to collect Master Kenobi, I literally drop out my JKL farm to go after Master Kenobi, or to hoard, at least, until I know if i'll be able to get him or if KAM is gonna be needed for him

    That is simply your wish, that you can pick which GL you go for. I mean you can, but nobody owes you the ability to do so at any given moment.

    And if it is a collection game as you say, you should have no issue collecting the first 4 before moving on.

    Fair point, but why should I relic'd up over 30 characters just to get to Master Kenobi if they're not pre-requisite? And how we even got to conversate about this? lol

    Negotiator and R8 are alredy a BIG stop to many players, why would you want to add another one?

    Even tho I still don't like the idea, having a "4* KAM" requirement would be more fair than any "Relic KAM" requirement

    Is owning a 6* negotiator really a “BIG stop” for someone unlocking JMK?

    Surely someone who doesn’t have that ship at 6* should be worrying about other things before the latest GL?

    Yes, it is

    As KAM, it's months of farm that is not up to you, but how well your guild does.
    And well, you forgot about R8 Kenobi, so yeah, no need on putting another barrier in KAM form

    I know a lot of people doesn't care because you alredy have him, and like Peter Parker said "Your problems are not my business", but you should try to emphatize at the very least lol

    I would spend money on this farm because I LOVE Kenobi and have been waiting for GL Kenobi or any clone wars GL since GL's exist, but obviously, if KAM is needed, there's no reason to waste money in something I will never be able to achieve at this moment, in some years? Yes, but not now, the moment I'm willing to pay them lol

    Darj reacted to the fact that you felt the need to include a 6* Neg in your complaint, he made no comment on R8 GK.

    By now anyone who is far enough along in their SWGOH journey to consider getting the newest GL should be in a guild that made it possible for them to get a 6* Neg if they had decided to do that.

    If they had decided to.

    Big point on that, "newer" people that had gone for Male instead are getting punished for this, so yeah, it's another stop.

    Yep. It's a game of making choices. Sometimes people make the wrong one. What can you do? Shrug.

    Maybe a 6* Mal will be required for the next one.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    You can put CUP R8 if you want to
    Just NO KAM

    RELIC 8 CUP IS WAY WORSE

    No is not
    Players like me, can afford R8 mats now thanks to conquest (not able to do CRancor yet)

    KAM is locked behind a BIG wall
    Our guild can't even do 1 shard yet because we can't get to his territory in time to begin with

    Even when we did, we don't expect more than 10 shards per month

    Best case scenario, you get 50 per month
    That's still 7 months to get him to 7*

    Is a gigantic wall which includes time

    The game includes paitience

    And I will be patient when farming my toons, just I don't think it should be fair to lock down people THAT far for a character

    7* KAM's are just being unlocked rn, and a big part of the playerbase doesn't own him yet

    Yes, I know this is endgame content, but still, incluiding KAM means destroying guilds

    Lots of people will abandon their guilds in order to farm that only piece that will be missing (KAM) and I don't like that idea

    How many ppl with all 4 GLs don't have KAM yet? Or close enough once they finish other reqs?

    Why would not owning the other 4 GL's should keep you apart from this one?

    I'm saying there are 4 GLs to get before you need to worry about getting the 5th. By that point you'll probably have your r8 materials and KAM (of he's even actually needed)

    But no other GL is Master Kenobi
    It's not a "progressive" thing, like JKL before JML

    They're different GL's, I should be able to pick which I want to go after
    This is also a collector game, I want to collect Master Kenobi, I literally drop out my JKL farm to go after Master Kenobi, or to hoard, at least, until I know if i'll be able to get him or if KAM is gonna be needed for him

    That is simply your wish, that you can pick which GL you go for. I mean you can, but nobody owes you the ability to do so at any given moment.

    And if it is a collection game as you say, you should have no issue collecting the first 4 before moving on.

    Fair point, but why should I relic'd up over 30 characters just to get to Master Kenobi if they're not pre-requisite? And how we even got to conversate about this? lol

    Negotiator and R8 are alredy a BIG stop to many players, why would you want to add another one?

    Even tho I still don't like the idea, having a "4* KAM" requirement would be more fair than any "Relic KAM" requirement

    Is owning a 6* negotiator really a “BIG stop” for someone unlocking JMK?

    Surely someone who doesn’t have that ship at 6* should be worrying about other things before the latest GL?

    Yes, it is

    As KAM, it's months of farm that is not up to you, but how well your guild does.
    And well, you forgot about R8 Kenobi, so yeah, no need on putting another barrier in KAM form

    I know a lot of people doesn't care because you alredy have him, and like Peter Parker said "Your problems are not my business", but you should try to emphatize at the very least lol

    I would spend money on this farm because I LOVE Kenobi and have been waiting for GL Kenobi or any clone wars GL since GL's exist, but obviously, if KAM is needed, there's no reason to waste money in something I will never be able to achieve at this moment, in some years? Yes, but not now, the moment I'm willing to pay them lol

    Darj reacted to the fact that you felt the need to include a 6* Neg in your complaint, he made no comment on R8 GK.

    By now anyone who is far enough along in their SWGOH journey to consider getting the newest GL should be in a guild that made it possible for them to get a 6* Neg if they had decided to do that.

    If they had decided to.

    Big point on that, "newer" people that had gone for Male instead are getting punished for this, so yeah, it's another stop.

    Yep. It's a game of making choices. Sometimes people make the wrong one. What can you do? Shrug.

    Maybe a 6* Mal will be required for the next one.

    You can't call it a "wrong" choices if there was nothing in the horizon to be a wrong choice in that moment lol

    Now that requirements are here, yes, going for a Male instead of Nego, if you're planning on going for JMK, would indeed, be a wrong choice
  • KAM is a whole new level of unfair though. There is a difference between “hard but achievable” and “only for the top 1%”. What will inevitably happen is CG will require KAM. Bad Batch will be really good in mission, and there will probably be a bundle to get you to the required threshold. That forces you to either: 1) spend on BB or 2) spend on said KAM bundle. The fact they won’t clarify on whether or not he is required almost certainly means he will be. The reasoning for this is as follows: they did clarify you wouldn’t need GLs for GLs, and what reason do you have to not clarify if he is not required. Therefore CG puts the player in a spot where they almost certainly have to do an obscene amount of whaling to get KAM and therefore JMK.

    I do not like it, do not agree with the ethics, but more than likely this will happen
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited April 28
    KAM is a whole new level of unfair though. There is a difference between “hard but achievable” and “only for the top 1%”. What will inevitably happen is CG will require KAM. Bad Batch will be really good in mission, and there will probably be a bundle to get you to the required threshold. That forces you to either: 1) spend on BB or 2) spend on said KAM bundle. The fact they won’t clarify on whether or not he is required almost certainly means he will be. The reasoning for this is as follows: they did clarify you wouldn’t need GLs for GLs, and what reason do you have to not clarify if he is not required. Therefore CG puts the player in a spot where they almost certainly have to do an obscene amount of whaling to get KAM and therefore JMK.

    I do not like it, do not agree with the ethics, but more than likely this will happen

    No one ever said KAM would be a req, lets assume he's not. CG is not likely to add KAM for the reqs, he is too dificult
  • KAM is a whole new level of unfair though. There is a difference between “hard but achievable” and “only for the top 1%”. What will inevitably happen is CG will require KAM. Bad Batch will be really good in mission, and there will probably be a bundle to get you to the required threshold. That forces you to either: 1) spend on BB or 2) spend on said KAM bundle. The fact they won’t clarify on whether or not he is required almost certainly means he will be. The reasoning for this is as follows: they did clarify you wouldn’t need GLs for GLs, and what reason do you have to not clarify if he is not required. Therefore CG puts the player in a spot where they almost certainly have to do an obscene amount of whaling to get KAM and therefore JMK.

    I do not like it, do not agree with the ethics, but more than likely this will happen

    No one ever said KAM would be a req, lets assume he's not. CG is not likely to add KAM for the reqs, he is too dificult

    That’s my point, he is too difficult, so IF they do….
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive
  • KAM is a whole new level of unfair though. There is a difference between “hard but achievable” and “only for the top 1%”. What will inevitably happen is CG will require KAM. Bad Batch will be really good in mission, and there will probably be a bundle to get you to the required threshold. That forces you to either: 1) spend on BB or 2) spend on said KAM bundle. The fact they won’t clarify on whether or not he is required almost certainly means he will be. The reasoning for this is as follows: they did clarify you wouldn’t need GLs for GLs, and what reason do you have to not clarify if he is not required. Therefore CG puts the player in a spot where they almost certainly have to do an obscene amount of whaling to get KAM and therefore JMK.

    I do not like it, do not agree with the ethics, but more than likely this will happen

    No one ever said KAM would be a req, lets assume he's not. CG is not likely to add KAM for the reqs, he is too dificult

    Sadly, we need to assume the worst always

    swgoh.gg has uploaded the GL's "gear needed" requirements for JMK alredy, so that's what i'll be farming on these months, hoarding, but until June 09 arrives and I see no KAM requirement, I will not apply a single piece of gear on the characters
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    JobiWan66 wrote: »
    I’m betting Wat for Master Kenobi. KAM for vader/scoundrel-mando maul.
    And bad batch clones will destroy reek mission..

    You are aware that you wont be able to put more than 3 bad batch for the reek mission?

    You can use 4 as only ARC is a fix requirement. The other slots can be filled with clone troopers and Shaak Ti.

    It’s Shaak that remove the temple stack tho ... would it be possible without that??
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    JobiWan66 wrote: »
    I’m betting Wat for Master Kenobi. KAM for vader/scoundrel-mando maul.
    And bad batch clones will destroy reek mission..

    You are aware that you wont be able to put more than 3 bad batch for the reek mission?

    You can use 4 as only ARC is a fix requirement. The other slots can be filled with clone troopers and Shaak Ti.

    It’s Shaak that remove the temple stack tho ... would it be possible without that??

    It's not Shaak, is the character on the leader slot
  • Ultra
    8528 posts Moderator
    edited April 28
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

    You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

    Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect
  • KAM is a whole new level of unfair though. There is a difference between “hard but achievable” and “only for the top 1%”. What will inevitably happen is CG will require KAM. Bad Batch will be really good in mission, and there will probably be a bundle to get you to the required threshold. That forces you to either: 1) spend on BB or 2) spend on said KAM bundle. The fact they won’t clarify on whether or not he is required almost certainly means he will be. The reasoning for this is as follows: they did clarify you wouldn’t need GLs for GLs, and what reason do you have to not clarify if he is not required. Therefore CG puts the player in a spot where they almost certainly have to do an obscene amount of whaling to get KAM and therefore JMK.

    I do not like it, do not agree with the ethics, but more than likely this will happen

    No one ever said KAM would be a req, lets assume he's not. CG is not likely to add KAM for the reqs, he is too dificult

    That’s my point, he is too difficult, so IF they do….

    They would not though (I think)
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

    You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

    Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

    There is certainly a lock if they require KAM
  • Molelizaisajoke
    224 posts Member
    edited April 28
    This will probably be moved to the art section but I wanted to point out the face of the new ahsoka looks like the older version we saw in the Mandalorian compared to the one we see in season 7

    Season 7 Ahsoka:
    star-wars-ahsoka-tano.png
    New Ahsoka:
    Screenshot_20210428-175330_Chrome.jpg

    Ahsoka Fulcrum in game:
    Screenshot_20210428-175401_Heroes.jpg

    Mando Ahsoka
    Rosario2520Dawson2520Ahsoka2520Tano2520lightsabers.jpg
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    JobiWan66 wrote: »
    I’m betting Wat for Master Kenobi. KAM for vader/scoundrel-mando maul.
    And bad batch clones will destroy reek mission..

    You are aware that you wont be able to put more than 3 bad batch for the reek mission?

    You can use 4 as only ARC is a fix requirement. The other slots can be filled with clone troopers and Shaak Ti.

    It’s Shaak that remove the temple stack tho ... would it be possible without that??

    It's not Shaak, is the character on the leader slot

    Oh nice! .... bad baaaaatch!!! Hehe
  • mariogsh
    492 posts Member
    edited April 28
    I think it's ok, even tho she looks more like the Mando version

    I just found really funny that her acronym will be "CAT" lol
    At least, that's how I will call her
  • CCyrilS
    5536 posts Member
    edited April 28
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

    You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

    Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

    There is certainly a lock if they require KAM

    Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.
  • I am all for Kenobi being a GL. He's a great character and very worthy. However, any relic 8 requirements is ridiculous with how hard it is to even get the relic 8 scrap pieces. Not cool CG, not cool.
  • tdubs wrote: »
    I am all for Kenobi being a GL. He's a great character and very worthy. However, any relic 8 requirements is ridiculous with how hard it is to even get the relic 8 scrap pieces. Not cool CG, not cool.

    Cross fingers they don't alter the deal any further and add KAM to the mix...
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

    You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

    Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

    There is certainly a lock if they require KAM

    Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.

    Definitely a roster/mod lock
  • Please don’t make kam or wat required for the next gl’s. It will destroy some family based guilds like my own. I’m a serious player, I spend on the game but I can’t leave my wife and my sons casual guild. I know a lot of people are in the same boat I am.
  • They never said KAM was required, dont make complaints yet... yet....
  • Iy4oy4s
    2494 posts Member
    KAM I can see people having an issue with, but Wat has been out for quite a long time and his mission is nowhere near the difficulty of the KAM mission. Wat is entirely reachable and should be open to be a requirement IMO.
  • Zaraos
    727 posts Member
    It makes no sense for them to add KAM. It blocks whales from spending so CG wont make any money from the event.
  • They never said KAM was required but we know they're either considering it or they already know if he is (or not). I don't have any problem with them requiring marquees etc, but KAM is a different story
  • Gifafi
    5694 posts Member
    this was funnier before I read "s casual guild" lol.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
Sign In or Register to comment.