[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

  • TVF
    31067 posts Member
    They never said KAM was required but we know they're either considering it or they already know if he is (or not).

    Really covered all the bases there didn't you?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The requirements: General Kenobi relic 8. Just... why??? This game has a power to make things difficult! Why not relic 7? I’m too sad for what this game has turned into... It’s impossible to play a game that forces you to pay real money to be a major player. I’m not interested in this Galactic Legends at all; they ruined the game. But now, when, I got a little excited about the Jedi Master Obi-Wan, look at the requirements! I’m almost done with this game.
  • Konju
    1123 posts Member
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    The requirements: General Kenobi relic 8. Just... why??? This game has a power to make things difficult! Why not relic 7? I’m too sad for what this game has turned into... It’s impossible to play a game that forces you to pay real money to be a major player. I’m not interested in this Galactic Legends at all; they ruined the game. But now, when, I got a little excited about the Jedi Master Obi-Wan, look at the requirements! I’m almost done with this game.

    Yeah, I hear you.
  • I’m not complaining, I’m in a guild with my wife, father-in-law, and my two sons who are 11 and 13. Other people in my guild are in the same position. I’m comfortable with spending money to get gl’s, I don’t want want to be faced down with the choice of leaving my family to get them.
  • Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    The best crate in conquest mode gives you 10 aeromagnifiers. So you have enough to r8 a guy every 2 months free of charge.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    this was funnier before I read "s casual guild" lol.

    Ok?
  • Smowy
    2 posts Member
    edited April 28
    the fact is that yeah I get eventually you can have R8 chars
    but none of the other GL characters require them
    so why try for kenobi unless you have the others
  • I don’t think CG is considering what is “fair” when setting the GL requirements.
    But I do think they are monitoring potential monetizing when setting the bar. If enough people have KAM they can very well add him as a requirement. If too few have KAM they’ll probably see it as bad business because not enough people would spend to relic the other characters that will be needed.
  • Ultra
    8516 posts Moderator
    Even if they don't require KAM, he is going to be a GR Jedi, so KAM might end up being needed for arena
  • I’ll just add - I don’t think KAM will be a requirement. Shuts too many new whales out and there’s not a whaleable GL (like SEE was when JKL/JML needed HY and ROLO).

    However, you’d better believe KAM’s going to be in the final GL Kenobi team. There’s no shying away from Kenobi being a Galactic Republic Jedi.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I’ll just add - I don’t think KAM will be a requirement. Shuts too many new whales out and there’s not a whaleable GL (like SEE was when JKL/JML needed HY and ROLO).

    However, you’d better believe KAM’s going to be in the final GL Kenobi team. There’s no shying away from Kenobi being a Galactic Republic Jedi.

    Yeah, I believe it will have synergies with Galactic Republic Jedi, and therefore, KAM is going to be super useful there, but not a requirement, I'm fine with that
  • Starslayer
    1330 posts Member
    edited April 29
    Don’t know if kam will be needed, but if GL Kenobi is a Galactic republic Jedi Support, a full galactic republic Jedi team with Kam is something I want to see.
  • Gifafi
    5688 posts Member
    Shaddess wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    this was funnier before I read "s casual guild" lol.

    Ok?

    I don't understand, what are you asking? Did you not gt the joke?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    Totally agree with you. It’s a complete absurd what this game is doing...
  • CCyrilS
    5527 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

    You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

    Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

    There is certainly a lock if they require KAM

    Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.

    Definitely a roster/mod lock

    Except it's literally not. Hard for a lot of ppl, sure. But not locked at all.
  • Bizkibo
    20 posts Member
    edited April 29
    With the drop of the news about GL Kenobi, thoughts on who else will be required and at what gear level now that clearly G8 is in the table?

    Discuss.
  • CCyrilS
    5527 posts Member
    Bizkibo wrote: »
    With the drop of the news about GL Kenobi, thoughts on who else will be required and at what gear level now that clearly G8 is in the table?

    Discuss.

    we have been. It's called a mega thread. Feel free to post there.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

    You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

    Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

    There is certainly a lock if they require KAM

    Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.

    Definitely a roster/mod lock

    Except it's literally not. Hard for a lot of ppl, sure. But not locked at all.
    Yeah you can’t get in a guild getting significant KAM shards unless you have about 6 mil GP, don’t believe me? Check the guild recruitment section. I don’t think KAM will be required, but I also an not naive enough to put it past CG
  • CCyrilS
    5527 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

    You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

    Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

    There is certainly a lock if they require KAM

    Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.

    Definitely a roster/mod lock

    Except it's literally not. Hard for a lot of ppl, sure. But not locked at all.
    Yeah you can’t get in a guild getting significant KAM shards unless you have about 6 mil GP, don’t believe me? Check the guild recruitment section. I don’t think KAM will be required, but I also an not naive enough to put it past CG

    There have many things that require a decent guild to achieve at the time. This is not new, and is not a lock. Not good enough to be in a good guild, then you're probably also not ready for the 5th GL either. Good thing there are 4 others that are easier to get.
  • I dont think KAM is needed, if KAM is needed we probably need Negotiator at 7* because it's way easier to obtain.
  • I wouldn’t be too surprised if there are guilds that will let people join with the expectation of just getting as many people X amount of R8 mats and/or KAM. Might need to pull some weight with the event, but Bad Batch will likely help with that.
  • It's a mega thread about the entire road ahead, I agree that a lot of people are talking about kenobi requirements though.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

    I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

    Its not locked to top tier players

    The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

    its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

    You can always buy the r8 packs, though

    It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

    The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

    There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

    You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

    Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

    There is certainly a lock if they require KAM

    Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.

    Definitely a roster/mod lock

    Except it's literally not. Hard for a lot of ppl, sure. But not locked at all.
    Yeah you can’t get in a guild getting significant KAM shards unless you have about 6 mil GP, don’t believe me? Check the guild recruitment section. I don’t think KAM will be required, but I also an not naive enough to put it past CG

    There have many things that require a decent guild to achieve at the time. This is not new, and is not a lock. Not good enough to be in a good guild, then you're probably also not ready for the 5th GL either. Good thing there are 4 others that are easier to get.

    I’m sorry but you are just wrong when it comes to KAM
  • I have no problem with relicing bad characters and stuff, but when a character is gated behind being in a extremely elite guild, that's where I have a problem. I'm a 3 year player at 2 mil gp with r7 GAS and a fleshed out GR faction, and the sequels and the GLs from them don't interest me and I frankly don't want to farm those characters from objectively bad movies. All the previous GLs were completely accessible to most everyone and changing that really discourages me and I'm sure many others. Unless R8 and Negotiator become more accessible to the general player base, this needs to be changed. I can't find a guild good enough to meet the reqs with the gp I have as a F2P player.
  • You can't buy get2 currency.
  • 2 mil GP with 3 years? I've returned to the game, I turn 3 years on October 2021 and I've 4.6 million and SLKR, I know you pointed out you don't want to farm the characters from sequels, but point being; what has your focus being on? Yes, I'm F2P too

    Anyways, my guild could take you, be advised however, is spanish people, I could translate the important stuff to you the best I can

    No KAM shards or R8 mats however, but we do 16* on DS Geo and do 1 Hoth, 1 Geo LS alterning
    DM if you're interested
  • There's still the negotiator though
Sign In or Register to comment.