TW Sand Bagging/Match making system seriously broken

Prev13
Zedstar
22 posts Member
edited May 2021
How can this be a fair way for TW battles...? Allowing guilds that have 50m+ more GP to sandbag so they get an easier battle.
Our match up this time means my 316m guild is facing a 360m guild that have 68 more GL's than us.
I fail to see how this is a good match making system CG.

Absolutely ridiculous
Even if we put all our GL's on defence they would still have well over half of all the ones we have

Stupid stupid stupid

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    It's not always sandbagging.

How many defence slots you having to set? And have you definitely got the right guild? There's a few alliances out there that make tiny adjustments to the guild names.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Those numbers are not quite accurate, you are matched on who joined so the GP is similar, and the GL difference is also going to be different.
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

How many defence slots you having to set? And have you definitely got the right guild? There's a few alliances out there that make tiny adjustments to the guild names.

Defence slots is 22 and we went in with a full guild so they 100% sand bagged
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Those numbers are not quite accurate, you are matched on who joined so the GP is similar, and the GL difference is also going to be different.

No your right it might not be 176 GL's but its not gonna be far off is it
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Zedstar wrote: »

Again, it's not necessarily sandbagging. People have real lives. Everyone is really quick to accuse people of trying to cheat the system. I shouldn't have signed up for this TW as I have assignments due, but I did. We still are only going into TW with 40 as lots of guildies have stuff on this week.

Looks balanced on the GP front, going of average GP they have 316.8m GP signed up.
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    Options

Again, it's not necessarily sandbagging. People have real lives. Everyone is really quick to accuse people of trying to cheat the system. I shouldn't have signed up for this TW as I have assignments due, but I did. We still are only going into TW with 40 as lots of guildies have stuff on this week.

ok ok yes maybe there is a chance its not sand bagging but all routes point to it is, but yes i agree there is a very slim chance that it might not be.... but lets face it we all know it is
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Still we should never be matched against a guild like this, the problem is the match making system is mentally flawed
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Options

ok ok yes maybe there is a chance its not sand bagging but all routes point to it is, but yes i agree there is a very slim chance that it might not be.... but lets face it we all know it is
    No we don’t. Please stop with your “100% sandbagged” drivel.

My guild (320M GP) are fighting this war with 41/50 signed up. There is nothing deliberate about it.

In lots of high end guilds TW is optional, because people who sign up but can’t commit to being available to attack are a liability.

Yes, the matchmaking sucks and needs addressed, but spouting blandishments about deliberate sandbagging when you know nothing of the sort is not helping the discussion.
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    Options

My guild (320M GP) are fighting this war with 41/50 signed up. There is nothing deliberate about it.

In lots of high end guilds TW is optional, because people who sign up but can’t commit to being available to attack are a liability.

Yes, the matchmaking sucks and needs addressed, but spouting blandishments about deliberate sandbagging when you know nothing of the sort is not helping the discussion.

I just said it might not be sandbagging, but all fingers point to it.... if the match making system was changed to Guild GP and not signed up GP it would solve all the problems
    But yes it might not be sand bagging.... but sorry in this case i think it is
    but there is no proof either way so you might be right and so might i
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Options

I just said it might not be sandbagging, but all fingers point to it.... if the match making system was changed to Guild GP and not signed up GP it would solve all the problems
    “All fingers point to it?” Absolute rubbish.
  • Wargoat
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, there should be no join option. The entire guild should be placed in tw.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

What this comes down to is, do you want to discuss how they got there so you can try to bash another guild and keep calling it sandbagging or "all fingers point to" anything, or would you rather have a fruitful constructive conversation about ways to change things?

No it should not be guild GP, that punishes guilds that do not want to force players to join or kick someone out who just had a kid and may not eb able to play at a moment's notice for a while. Players have lives and this was a great addition to the game mode.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Wargoat wrote: »
    I agree, there should be no join option. The entire guild should be placed in tw.
    Hard disagree.

People have lives outside of this game.

A guild shouldn’t be punished if members have work commitments / vacation / family events / ill health.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    All that needs added in addition to matching on active GP is that guilds are also matched on number of players signed up.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett

it’s high time there was some kind of CG response to this.

Any chance?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_Doja_Fett

it’s high time there was some kind of CG response to this.

Any chance?

On the weekend, very little chance. Any time soon, also not that likely, but it has been brought up in discussion a few times maybe this year with the plan for more frequent updates something like this may get some time in the light.
  • Options
    1t1d4kpfzwsr.jpg

Me and my guild mates couldn't be more happy!
    What an absurd matchmaking!
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    Options

What this comes down to is, do you want to discuss how they got there so you can try to bash another guild and keep calling it sandbagging or "all fingers point to" anything, or would you rather have a fruitful constructive conversation about ways to change things?

No, it should not be guild GP, that punishes guilds that do not want to force players to join or kick someone out who just had a kid and may not eb able to play at a moment's notice for a while. Players have lives and this was a great addition to the game mode.

We are all entitled to an opinion mate, i personally believe the match making system is ridiculously flawed and a lot of guilds do sand bag now whether the one we are facing are or whether lucky for them they had a lot of illness or players working etc etc who knows

I have looked at the records and stats and its funny how nearly all of their last 7 TW; s there has only been 22 defence slots... seems strange that a guild of 360m would acceptable around 6/7 player who regularly sit out of tw battles, but hey I have no proof they are sand bagging or not the same as you have no evidence to say they are or not..... that’s why in my opinion they are sand bagging

But the bottom line is the match making and CG need to fix it so that sand bagging isn't an option guilds can use to cheat as everyone knows that this does happen in the game and that is fact.

And yes im very happy to dissus with anyone on how we can make TW match making better for all guilds, looking at how many posts there are just this year on the subject says that it is something CG should be looking to fix asap
  • Options
    It doesn’t seem strange at all for a guild of that level to have people sitting out.

Go to the recruitment channels - “TW optional” is pretty standard for guilds of that size. As I said earlier mine is 320M and 41-44 signing up is standard for us.

For someone stating an “opinion” you sure do use a lot of definitive terms like “that is a fact” and “a lot of guilds do sandbag” and “all fingers point to it”.

We all know the matchmaking has a major flaw. And we know the way it should be fixed. Wild accusations aimed at 50 people you don’t know cheapens your argument.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No, it should not be guild GP, that punishes guilds that do not want to force players to join or kick someone out who just had a kid and may not eb able to play at a moment's notice for a while. Players have lives and this was a great addition to the game mode.

We are all entitled to an opinion mate, i personally believe the match making system is ridiculously flawed and a lot of guilds do sand bag now whether the one we are facing are or whether lucky for them they had a lot of illness or players working etc etc who knows

I have looked at the records and stats and its funny how nearly all of their last 7 TW; s there has only been 22 defence slots... seems strange that a guild of 360m would acceptable around 6/7 player who regularly sit out of tw battles, but hey I have no proof they are sand bagging or not the same as you have no evidence to say they are or not..... that’s why in my opinion they are sand bagging

But the bottom line is the match making and CG need to fix it so that sand bagging isn't an option guilds can use to cheat as everyone knows that this does happen in the game and that is fact.

And yes im very happy to dissus with anyone on how we can make TW match making better for all guilds, looking at how many posts there are just this year on the subject says that it is something CG should be looking to fix asap

Ok, so you want to talk about how they get there... ok, sounds good.

They dint sand bag, some people have lives and other things that they feel are more important than a game, and luckily they are in an understanding guild that doesnt require them to be there. It is a wonderful part of the game mode and I am more than happy that it exists and it should continue to be there.

You have absolutely no proof that any guild you face does anything nefarious, so why try to call them out? Did you lose each of those matches?

It's not strange at all that any guild let's people sit out, personally in my 330M GP guild we rarely go into TW with more than 46 players. We had one of our hardest matches when we went in at 40. We regularly have good matches with much back and forth each time. Is it possible your guild is just not built to handle TW?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I just said it might not be sandbagging, but all fingers point to it....

No, they don't. I've experienced three 310+ Million GP guilds and in all of them participation was voluntary but once you joined you were required to do your best to win. We often only have 42-45 members join. Your opponents most likely have similar rules and often go in short handed.
    if the match making system was changed to Guild GP and not signed up GP it would solve all the problems

No, it won't. In the early days guilds were matched by total GP. It was changed for a reason.
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    Options
    So are all you guys saying that sand bagging never happens then ? and the problems are all down to CG's flawed matching system and not that some guilds are cheating ?

Its funny cos everyone i speak to off this forum think that sand bagging happens all the time...

Maybe im wrong then, maybe im right who knows...
    We had someone join us a few months ago who said their previous guild did it on every TW match and was shocked when i told him we didn't do it. His reply was " All the big guilds are doing it these days"

But anyway we can go round and round and round on this subject... you guys have your views and i have mine

I'm interest to learn how your views on how would could the match making system to make it better and fairer ??
  • Options
    Not saying it never happens, but both me and Kyno - and dozens of other guilds if you care to look at guild recruitment - are flat out telling you that TW signup is optional in many of the big guilds.

And taking the word of “everyone you speak to” is not worth anything. I’ve never spoken to anyone that is in / was in / knows of any guild that intentionally sandbags. How much value do you place in that statement?

The solution to the matchmaking issue is so simple, and has been stated many times:

Match on signed up GP AND # of signed up players. It’s that simple.

The only drawback, which is worth mentioning, is what happens if the absolute top GP guild in the game signs up with 50/50, and the next 19 GP guilds all have 44/50 signup? Somebody’s getting a bad match up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021
    Options
    So are all you guys saying that sand bagging never happens then ? and the problems are all down to CG's flawed matching system and not that some guilds are cheating ?

Its funny cos everyone i speak to off this forum think that sand bagging happens all the time...

Maybe im wrong then, maybe im right who knows...
    We had someone join us a few months ago who said their previous guild did it on every TW match and was shocked when i told him we didn't do it. His reply was " All the big guilds are doing it these days"

But anyway we can go round and round and round on this subject... you guys have your views and i have mine

I'm interest to learn how your views on how would could the match making system to make it better and fairer ??

No one is saying it cant or doesnt happen.

What I am saying is you have no proof, and that is what matters when making an accusation against someone else.

What should matter is how we fix the issue, rather than sour grapes because you lost against someone who you have no idea what happened on their end.

If that last line was true, you wouldnt care about trying to bash the other guilds you have faced.
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Not saying it never happens, but both me and Kyno - and dozens of other guilds if you care to look at guild recruitment - are flat out telling you that TW signup is optional in many of the big guilds.

And taking the word of “everyone you speak to” is not worth anything. I’ve never spoken to anyone that is in / was in / knows of any guild that intentionally sandbags. How much value do you place in that statement?

The solution to the matchmaking issue is so simple, and has been stated many times:

Match on signed up GP AND # of signed up players. It’s that simple.

The only drawback, which is worth mentioning, is what happens if the absolute top GP guild in the game signs up with 50/50, and the next 19 GP guilds all have 44/50 signup? Somebody’s getting a bad match up.

"And taking the word of “everyone you speak to” is not worth anything. I’ve never spoken to anyone that is in / was in / knows of any guild that intentionally sandbags. How much value do you place in that statement?"

Now i was not saying i was taking the word of them and nor was i saying i put much value in that statement i was just telling you that as someone who has played the game since first released i know a lot and speak to a lot of other players across discord servers, channels and other forums and there is a lot of people that agree with me on the fact sand bagging happens a lot of the time.... that is all I’m telling you.
    Whether i believe them or do not believe them is a whole different thing, but where there is smoke, there is normally fire.
    I am not disbelieving you on TW is optional in a fair number of guilds, its optional in my guild but we normally have full sign up for it.
    But anyway, it is clear that you and Kyno have your views and i have mine, and it’s something that can never be proven 100% either way.

I just hope that one of the changes coming to the game soon is a fix for the match making system so that it can be fairer and so that sand bagging isn't possible then there will be no argument or disagreement on the subject
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So are all you guys saying that sand bagging never happens then ?

If that's how you read the comments maybe it's time to give your logic the yearly service.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    People who make these threads can't be bothered with facts. They just want everyone to agree and get mad when it doesn't happen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Looks balanced on the GP front, going of average GP they have 316.8m GP signed up.

To the other guild does it matter whether the egregious imbalance is intentional or not. They are no less screwed because jears were in the right place. The fact it can happen unintentionally is a direct and immediate path to abuse as is the case with all exploits.

Why dont they just go straight across guild GP ?? Then we wont have this problem and if you lose then its your fault for having a crappy quality GP. Lets put the responsibilty back on the players to conduct quality competition not some kind of regulation that produces the opposite of the desired result.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options

To the other guild does it matter whether the egregious imbalance is intentional or not. They are no less screwed because jears were in the right place. The fact it can happen unintentionally is a direct and immediate path to abuse as is the case with all exploits.

Why dont they just go straight across guild GP ?? Then we wont have this problem and if you lose then its your fault for having a crappy quality GP. Lets put the responsibilty back on the players to conduct quality competition not some kind of regulation that produces the opposite of the desired result.

Whole guild GP doesn't work. Then you end up with the same problem. If two guilds both with 300m GP face each other, one with 40 signed up and the other with 50, it's still a massive imbalance.

The most reasonable solution is to keep signed up GP, and incorporate the numbers signed up into matchmaking too. That way the average player GP will be equal for both guilds.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Wargoat wrote: »
    Hard disagree.

People have lives outside of this game.

A guild shouldn’t be punished if members have work commitments / vacation / family events / ill health.

The guild shouldn't be rewarded with an easier match up for it either.

There are two different debates here :

1) Guilds "intentionally" sandbagging.
    2) Matchmaking guilds with differing number of active participants.

Trying to argue point 1 is a waste of time and largely irrelevant if point 2 were corrected.

Incidentally, point 2 does need to be addressed. In almost every case where guilds have different number of participants, the result is a forgone conclusion.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*