Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    X3ina wrote: »
    Wrote a wall of text with negative stuff, erased it. But i'll keep the main idea: Good luck with your plan!

Interesting. Negative text —> Good luck

Even negative feedback can be constructive and be given for good reasons.
  • Terkac11 wrote: »
    Just one clarification for newbies @Intimmydation. I'm sure some will wonder.

It would be a good thing to make a list and specify what use every team has.

For example Phoenix is needed for EP,Thrawn.
    And we need EP, Thrawn for?
    Geo for ships and/or? GR for? And so on.

So they can know why they farm those teams, what they are unlocking OR how and where they will be used specifically.

Good idea, I can add this so you know what areas of the game these teams I am putting together help in, and why I am going in the listed order.
  • Phoenix Squad
    • Needed to unlock Thrawn and Palpatine (5 PS members at 7* around level 82 & g8)
    • Useful early game for their synergy as a team and during Galactic War
    • Backwall defense team in GAC afterwards

Geonosians
    • 3 of the 5 are pilots for your first fleet (and endgame fleet)
    • Used to unlock Padme at 7*
    • Needed for guild DS Geo TB for the special mission to get Wat Tambor shards
    • ^^ ticket into a better guild for this very reason
    • Excellent GAC defensive team

Imperial Troopers
    • Used in two different Assault Battles to achieve Challenge Tier rewards
    • Excellent offensive team to use in GAC, Squad Arena, TW
    • Used in DS Geo TB

Jedi Knight Revan (JKR) Jedi team
    • Excellent team to climb Squad Arena ranks early
    • Needed to unlock Malak (DR & Malak is a top 3 team excluding the Galactic Legends, and can counter some GLs)
    • Jedi team needed for one Assault Battles Challenge Tier

Empire (Palp / Vader)
    • Naturally comes together through PS unlocks and achievements to get Vader
    • Vader one of the most powerful characters in game once he has a zeta on Merciless Massacre
    • Great for DS Geo TB and offense for GAC / TW
    • Can be used on one Assault Battles Challenge Tier 1

Darth Revan
    • Paired with Malak is a top 3 team excluding GLs
    • Very strong on defense for GAC / TW

Padme & GR team
    • Powerful team early game especially in Squad Arena
    • Needs General Kenobi (shards from hAAT raid in guilds) to really function
    • Can be used on either offense or defense for GAC / TW
  • X3ina wrote: »
    Wrote a wall of text with negative stuff, erased it. But i'll keep the main idea: Good luck with your plan!

Any feedback is appreciated so we can potentially modify the guide as we go. There are already some things listed on my initial schedule that I am not going for, for various reasons.

And still a bit undecided on how much to push for JKR early. Getting Bastilla and Jolee earlier are good as I can form a jedi team, but farming Mission & T3 from cantina is a bit lower priority as there are at least 5-6 other things I'd prefer first. But, cantina can be pretty fast farms and so far I feel the 100 crystal refreshes are better spent on cantina energy than normal. Why? Because hard nodes I have access to are only 12 crystals each so that's 5-6 hard nodes farms that can be done daily with only the free energy. Plus, as you level up so fast you are getting even more energy, so can easily do 6 hard nodes + the extra energy spent on progressing on the nodes or for gear.
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    Very good @Intimmydation, 90% of the new players they don't really know why the farm the team they are farming and to which specific area every team is useful
  • Terkac11 wrote: »
    Very good @Intimmydation, 90% of the new players they don't really know why the farm the team they are farming and to which specific area every team is useful
    They know they should farm them in order to unlock journey or legendary characters, but then not much after. You are trying to unlocking these legendaries for a certain reason, but put together certain teams for certain events.

If you just follow the Ahnald farming guide, you will unlock a lot of characters, but a plan needs to be more than that.

On my main, I made the mistake of juts farming tons of shards. I have a few full teams all 7* but at level 1 and gear 1 because I neglected how I fit gear into the farms, so now my roster is not fully usable. This guide will hopefully solve that as every toon I plan on farming will fit somewhere and be usable.
  • Instead of colonel stark or range put dark trooper in for the insane damage
  • Shuster123 wrote: »
    Instead of colonel stark or range put dark trooper in for the insane damage

Range, Piett, Veers are key. I go Gideon over Starck. I put Dark Trooper in my farming schedule for that exact reason. Starck is there for things like DS Hoth or for no tank / attacker feats etc.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • brigg
    14 posts Member
    Thanks to @Intimmydation and all the other folks contributing here.

I'm a new player and this is a massive help for getting oriented. The farming priorities and scheduling tables are excellent references. I was lucky enough to find this right after starting an account so I'm trying to keep up in real time here.

I have a couple questions if you don't mind:
    • Will you always take characters straight to 7 star when farming, or will you be bouncing back and forth? Geos come to mind here, I think they need to be farmed before hera and ezra have finished.
    • Are there any gear nodes that should also be farmed while leveling?
    • How on earth do you have Veers already? I only have 10/50 and at my current rate it should take 12 days to activate him.

Dark Trooper is super powerful, especially early on. But can't justify him atm when he's a non-accelerated farm, and there is already Piett there as single shard (hopefully double in the next month).
  • My first reply got deleted, so let me try again
    brigg wrote: »
    Will you always take characters straight to 7 star when farming, or will you be bouncing back and forth? Geos come to mind here, I think they need to be farmed before hera and ezra have finished.
    In general I will take the characters straight to 7*, but you are on the right track for certain times when it will be different.
    - Hera & Ezra as they are both Cantina farms, I am alternating taking them each up 1 star level. Since I am using them both as my main squad, it's good to have them both high. I will take them both to 5* so I can get the initial Thrawn & Palp unlocks. As I won't be able to get a 7* Thrawn until ~level 82, I will then switch the farms to:
    - Geos - After taking Hera & Ezra to 5* I will start to focus on both of Soldier & Spy for the foreseeable future
    Are there any gear nodes that should also be farmed while leveling?
    If I am needing gear for a specific character, I will go into their page and select the gear and use the find function to find nodes where it is available and farm.
    If you ever have extra energy, the best early node to farm for gear is Light Side 1-C (normal). There are 5 pieces of gear on this node used by many of your toons early, and then in late game any excess of these pieces can be converted into relic materials (I still farm this node late game if needed)
    How on earth do you have Veers already? I only have 10/50 and at my current rate it should take 12 days to activate him.
    You will get shards for Veers from Fleet / Empire / Rebels training events as they come, plus from your nodes you are farming.

I'll try to post these type of updates on my weekly (or twice a week updates) as I go, as I do think they are helpful.

How is your guild situation by the way?
  • brigg
    14 posts Member
    Thanks for the responses. I was lagging a little bit on the training missions so I'll go finish those off for the Veers.

For guild- I left the starter guild and joined what looked like kind of a low-mid tier guild (7.1M GP and a few territory points) a few days ago. I've gotten to do 1 pit raid there, but I was wondering if I should find a guild that's doing pit more frequently.
  • brigg wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. I was lagging a little bit on the training missions so I'll go finish those off for the Veers.

For guild- I left the starter guild and joined what looked like kind of a low-mid tier guild (7.1M GP and a few territory points) a few days ago. I've gotten to do 1 pit raid there, but I was wondering if I should find a guild that's doing pit more frequently.

You should be able to easily find a guild 50m+ gp and likely even 100m+ gp. Even at low levels they need people who will contribute raid tickets each day. I'd try to find one that at least has nearly all active members because then even if you can't do the heroic raids, you can get more guild tokens daily until you are able to.

Also one tip is to do some of the Journey Guide characters when you are able, like Thrawn and Palp 1-2* as you will get 50 crystals and some credits each time. It helps out even if you can't unlock those characters yet.
  • Lol my account disappeared. I’m gonna send a ticket to EA help @Intimmydation @MasterSeedy @Arva
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • brigg wrote: »

If you look in the recruiting area, on the forums, you can probably find one doing up through hstr that will take new players. Usually the only teq is ticket farming which you should be doing anyway.

Range, Piett, Veers are key. I go Gideon over Starck. I put Dark Trooper in my farming schedule for that exact reason. Starck is there for things like DS Hoth or for no tank / attacker feats etc.

Id say now dark trooper is part of the core more than range trooper or colonel stark cause his basic can beat galctic legends
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Shuster123 wrote: »
    Shuster123 wrote: »

Id say now dark trooper is part of the core more than range trooper or colonel stark cause his basic can beat galctic legends

Context. This discussion is about a new player farming path which recommends SEE as the first GL. Starck is required to unlock SEE along with Veers and Piett. You're both missing that point when you're discussing possible replacement for Starck.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Context. This discussion is about a new player farming path which recommends SEE as the first GL. Starck is required to unlock SEE along with Veers and Piett. You're both missing that point when you're discussing possible replacement for Starck.

Exactly. Dark is excellent and probably belongs on the Troopers team long term, but it adds another hard node whereby you can instead get a character from the guild store, AND that hard node is non-accelerated. I think early on the resources are better spent elsewhere. Piett and Gideon will already be long enough farms as is, Gideon maybe slightly faster once you finish PS and Geo cantina store purchases.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Week 1 Update
    Here is the weekly update I will post of the account and how it's progressing. I will include some milestones achieved and also show what I am currently farming with some specific comments.

08dk42dmfwgw.png

Current Farms
    i6zy7r9cooca.png
    • Cantina Store = Chopper
    • Guild Store = Starck
    • GW Store = Zeb
    • Squad Store = Kanan
    • Vulture Droid I am refreshing once per day, so farming the node 10x (25 crystals used)
    • Cantina Energy refreshed 2x per day (200 crystals) to speed up Ezra & Hera farms
    • Normal energy not refreshing, but using bonus energy from leveling up to put into gear for PS

Other Achievements / Comments
    • Squad Arena top 500 using Phoenix
    • All available nodes cleared & 3-starred, LS tier 5 will open at level 43 (no LS farms on tier 5 needed)
    • Will take Ezra & Hera to 5* and then start farming the 2x Geos from Cantina store to prepare for fleet pilots
    • When I can do tier 1 or 2 of events such as Thrawn Palpatine, I have done them in order to get the bonus crystals for more refreshes

b6873v7p247t.png
  • Pardon my very noob question: Do you actually gear up your early teams (eg. Phoenix Squad) given that it will not be an end-game play?

If so, where do you stop? Gear Lvl VII? Higher?
  • Draldij wrote: »
    Pardon my very noob question: Do you actually gear up your early teams (eg. Phoenix Squad) given that it will not be an end-game play?

If so, where do you stop? Gear Lvl VII? Higher?

yes you will want to gear them up as you will need them to still win battles for the LS/DS/Cantina nodes + Galactic War and various challenges.

For Phoenix specifically, you will want to take all 5 of them to gear level 8, then you can leave them there, though you will likely need at least one of them higher to beat Thrawn tier 7, and in that case I'd recommend you take Ezra higher as he still can have use later on Jedi teams.

The overall gear crunch isn't bad until after g8 anyway, and there is a big difference when going from g7 to g8.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021
    Not sure if outlined this in a post outside of the main post, but what is your strategy with your crystal spending?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Not sure if outlined this in a post outside of the main post, but what is your strategy with your crystal spending?

I will add to the main post, good idea. I mentioned a bit in my weekly update, but for now I will use at least 1 cantina refresh (100c) a day and possibly 2 if I can afford it. This will help speed up the Ezra & Hera farms.

For normal energy I have enough through the free dailies to get 5-6 hard node farms, plus since I am leveling up 1-2x per day still, I can dump that extra energy into needed gear. Plus using 1 node refresh on Vulture Droid. I'll add on my farming table the crystal cost.

urmefy7a9yod.png
  • Also a general tip regarding farming and simming nodes.
    Sim tickets are limited in the early game before level 60 so my strategy is to use them only on the following:
    • Hard node farms on the latest tier unlocked to ensure victory
    • Highest tier of challenges assuming you have 3-starred them

For lower tier farms on both Cantina & Normal energy, just go into battle with your main team and click the auto arrow in the top left (and make sure you are playing on 4x speed always). You will win the battle, just have to sit through 3/3 of the stages. It takes longer but you won't use up your sim tickets which may be needed on recently 3-starred hard nodes you want to farm.
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    @Intimmydation unfortunately i started my game way before your guide. So i need advices for the path i should follow.

My toons. I'm lvl 60

dfzsyscu0gta.png

8y3hkmtcr03q.png

Ships

• Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    eko7et52xoa1.png

Before i start my questions one comment on the strategy of going early for ships. First day i hit top 20 in fleet arena, BUT i bypassed a lot of 85 ships in between. I suppose when they start fight in arena i ll be dropping around top50 and 50 gem per day.
    So going early for ships worth it? As i see it i have doubts.

The paths:

1. Going for the rest of the Phoenix->EP, Thrawn, Kylo, FO ->SLKR-> Padme->Revan->DR/Malak, while upgrading Geos as much as possible and upgrading my main jedi squad to get GMY 7* main squad (Bastilla lead, Ezra, Ahsoka, Anakin, GMY)

2. Forget about Phoenix and EP, Thrawn and SKLR and go for Padme, Revan, DR/Malak while upgrading Geos and main squad.

3. Other path you will suggest.

@Arva @TheChild_eats_eggs1 @Waqui @MasterSeedy and any experienced player who will see it please give an opinion.

• 0oejt600oiqs.png

I made this up a while back in response to another thread.

I like your idea of saving up, that could be useful.

But, I would add 1 thing, you don't have Cad Bane listed.

He opens at 3* and is very useful for Credit Heists.

I would make sure your passing the Lvl50 CH event before banking for Ships.

In regards to the Ships, I think Sun Fac is a single Node v/s the other 2 Geos being in 2 slots.
    So I would prioritize him before the other 2 Geo ships.

064y547bf9xk.png
  • @Terkac11

Characters
    • You already have a decent Jedi team up and running, so I'd probably continue to focus on them and also add Jolee into your farms if not already (you can reach his DS node now since you passed level 59).
    • You can continue to farm the PS character shards on the side so you'll have them all 7* and can get back to them for gearing to unlock EP & Thrawn
    • Keep focus on the Geos as well, gearing up the pilots first (Spy, Soldier, Sun Fac)

Ships
    • HDB players will move past you in fleet for now, but don't get discouraged, stay the course and focus on this
    • You will eventually get back into that top 20 much earlier than you can break top 100 or even 200 in Squad Arena, so the crystal income for Fleet will help more
    • Continue the plan for the 3x Geo ships, Vulture Droid and then Silencer to 5* and you will need 1 more ship to 5*. Ahsoka's is easy to get and probably the best option after the 5 already mentioned.
    • Eventually you'll want to start farming Hyena Bomber but that's once you're close to level 85

Paths
    • Keep focusing on Geos
    • Your best options are then to pivot to either a Padme or JKR team
    • JKR is probably would I would suggest so you'll want to start farming the characters needed for that event, so you can get him unlocked once you reach 85 or shortly thereafter.
    • Team would be JKR + Jolee + Bastilla + GMY + 1 of your other Jedi (Ezra or JKA probably)
    • You'll then want to stabilize the roster a bit, so I'd suggest building out some of the other teams in my plan (i.e. Palp/Vader empire, Padme if you haven't, and then move towards DR).
    • After this, you can consider if you start to go for a GL
  • I made this up a while back in response to another thread.

I like your idea of saving up, that could be useful.

But, I would add 1 thing, you don't have Cad Bane listed.

He opens at 3* and is very useful for Credit Heists.

I would make sure your passing the Lvl50 CH event before banking for Ships.

So for Credit Heist you need the following number of Scoundrels for each tier:
    • Tier 1 (level 30): 3 scoundrels
    • Tier 2 (level 50): 4 scoundrels
    • Tier 3 (level 70): 5 scoundrels
    • Tier 4 (level 80): 5 scoundrels

With my plan, I have included Greef, Mando and Boba in the farms who all carry that tag, and I plan to use them in a BH team long term. For the last 2, you should have already a ST Han and Lando from the Rebel training events so you can throw them in without needing to level them up. Jango and Bossk will be added long term, but won't have them in time at level 80 for that last tier.

Another option is Zaalbar and Mission Vao, as you will be farming them for JKR anyway and they are both scoundrels. And finally Nute Gunray could work, who you can use to lead the Geo/Sep team until GBA is unlocked near level 85.

So, I wouldn't commit any resources to Cad Bane as overall he's less useful than the rest of these, even if he's an easy unlock, the others will be part of your plan anyway.
  • Lol my account disappeared. I’m gonna send a ticket to EA help @Intimmydation @MasterSeedy @Arva

Were you able to get your account back?