Conquest Changes [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    If those feats are real then oh boy. There is no way we are getting all feats without refreshing.
    Sector 2 for example requires at bare minimum 24 battles (14 full NS + 10 5×attackers). You need almost twice as many battles that cost twice as much energy than before.

That’s just one example. Between sector 2+5 you can raise the minimum battles needed to 86 when, if I’ve done my math right, you only have enough energy for 91 fights. 120 x 14 plus 144 equals 1824. Of course global feats include 40 ls, 40 ds, 12 mixed and while you can skip either the ls or ds feat and still get max crate it makes it harder not getting those easy keycards.

They have increased energy costs

I’m factoring that in. It has gone to 20 from 15 so assuming no change in total energy, and no wasted regen your max energy 1824 or 91 fights.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    You’d need to be logged in 24/7 for that kind of energy control. We have lives. Some have jobs, family and friends.

It should not take over. They’re wanting more time sunk into something. Just make things fun.
  • Options
    You’d need to be logged in 24/7 for that kind of energy control. We have lives. Some have jobs, family and friends.

It should not take over. They’re wanting more time sunk into something. Just make things fun.

I agree partially in that wasted regen is far more significant now. I disagree that it is difficult to manage as a full day away is only 120 energy, but that doesn’t mean you don’t need to think about your regen rate.
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    Options
    More feats, still no in-battle feat progress indicator. Does any of you play your god **** game?
  • Options
    About 90% likely that this will cause me to uninstall. Going from 6 max crates in a row to what appears to be mathematically impossible for me to get max or even close, means I'm done. Thanks for the push out the door CG! I enjoyed most of our time together.
  • Options
    So you are now requiring us to use Phoenix and Nightsisters to complete feats for the next round of conquests plus others. You advertised this as a way for us to use our entire rosters to complete feats yet each conquest has been walled off into specific factions therein limiting our ability to use our entire roster. I really question why not have feats like gain offense up specific number of times because several toons in different factions can give allies this ability. Same with evasion up, stealth several others that aren't limiting factors. Such a poor development process it defies logic. You promise us agency over completion and then take it away.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Why they dont tune the rewards ? Make it more ? Since we are doing more ?
    Everything is relative right? You cannot just make things difficult and harder and have the same rewards at the end?

It is the same reasoning again ... give the player base a reason to spend on conquest. Not just do battles and wait for energy to recharge and do it again. What happen to the sand box mode? You are so closed to getting it.
  • Options

If you play once a day around the same time you dont waste any energy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    wildnz wrote: »
    Complete guess here , but if the rate energy recharges autonomously increases by the same increment the per battle cost increases, the explanation and changes make sense. Otherwise it doesn't seem to achieve the objective ? Maybe CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Kyno you could find out / comment if there energy recharges the same rate or is also changing ?

It's at the same rate as before.
  • Options
    Hopefully the pheonix and bad batch feats in the datamine don’t come to fruition.. lol
  • Options
    Stormdude wrote: »
    Some of the funniest stuff aviable on this site is reading second hand justifications of working more for same amount of rewards or less while jumping thru hoops like a bloody **** to get all the breadcrumbs.
    Allow me: if you consider it working, then it’s not a game anymore. If changes make the game mode more interesting, with more strategic decisions to make and tactics to use because we cant spam the same 3 teams to get max rewards, I like it. I dont care if i cant make it to last crate anymore as long as i have fun trying.
    Simming ab is good because it wasnt fun anymore (started to actually feel like work)as it was the same battles over and over; but anything that can make conquest not stale so it stays fresh, challenging and enjoyable to play is appreciated, even at the price of lesser rewards because i wont finish it. Next stop: fleet.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    ree5nmn705jg.jpeg
    5s6xjto4p3sz.jpeg
    o5j6ni0n60wd.jpeg
    h4kgzqtinkbo.jpeg
    5lgzsbhxd3nc.jpeg
  • MasterSeedy
    5188 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I'm interested in map changes. I like the idea of a mini boss. I'm confused that they say that they weren't increasing the difficulty, but they also say that this will be "the most challenging yet". All of those things will take time to sort out & see how they fall.

I personally love the concept of feats. I don't like the execution when feats get "grindy" (no one does, of course), but I thought that they had quite a number of interesting feats that were a roster challenge for most, and a grindy challenge only if you couldn't meet the roster requirements. For instance Rey + g8 Jawas gave you the thermal detonator feats easily, while Rey + Rey (Jedi Training) vs. a team that gains a lot of TM gave you the evasion feat easily (ewoks were ideal, Geos would usually work, though Spy could be dangerous). If you don't have Rey those feats could take longer to complete, but good strategy + Rey, and the feat was interesting, a roster challenge, and not boring. I hope the new feats are more roster challenges and less grind challenges.

And with that... I find the concept of faction consumables very interesting. That said, since this is supposed to be a roster challenge, I would ALSO like the idea of being given a consumable after each boss fight. This consumable would be random, and you couldn't choose from several, but it would always be a faction specific consumable, no other kind.

This would be a twist: instead of faction based challenges, you get a random faction bonus... but only if you have the toons to make use of it. If your BH are mediocre, then that scoundrel disc isn't going to help you much in Hard/Sector 3+.

Those are my initial thoughts. Yours...?

(oops, this will be merged. Sorry folks, didn't see the existing thread...and yes I looked.)
  • Options
    The change in energy cost is clearly a way to monetize more from the game mode, as before many people wouldn't need to use crystals to max out conquest, which probably we won't be able to do anymore. The irony is that players who bought refreshes to rush de Conquest will still be able to do it, they are just going to have to spend more than before. But people that weren't willing to spend have been screwed over, as always.

So yeah, I'm not surprised at all, it has been CG's MO for the last time. The only thing that bothers me it's the crappy excuse they made up for justifying the change, it's just insulting if they think we're that stupid to buy that reason.
  • Options
    I think we need 3 attempts to max out
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Some of the funniest stuff aviable on this site is reading second hand justifications of working more for same amount of rewards or less while jumping thru hoops like a bloody **** to get all the breadcrumbs.
    Allow me: if you consider it working, then it’s not a game anymore. If changes make the game mode more interesting, with more strategic decisions to make and tactics to use because we cant spam the same 3 teams to get max rewards, I like it. I dont care if i cant make it to last crate anymore as long as i have fun trying.
    Simming ab is good because it wasnt fun anymore (started to actually feel like work)as it was the same battles over and over; but anything that can make conquest not stale so it stays fresh, challenging and enjoyable to play is appreciated, even at the price of lesser rewards because i wont finish it. Next stop: fleet.

Looking at the amount of feats that there are going to be per sector.
    How varied overall banta burritos for big boxes are going to be.
    From 3 boss feats to 6, making them a at least 2 attempts to max out intead of a 1 (if you had the right guys) plus the bigger price per attempt.
    How much they'll force me to repete the same battles WITH specific factions at the increased price doesn't look all the more engaing to (just) me. Dunno man, i'll have to sink me teeth. Maybe it just looks bad, maybe i still have ptsd from a almost 600 speed r2d2 who was way worse than JML.
    I got the red chest on normal once from the very 1st conquest. Got stunguns mk4 and had to wait aditional time till i got rest of my rewards. Since then i stick to gold chests for gear, because the conq heroes are unattainable with normal payouts+shoping for shards. Too small for hard mode atm so i just use Conquest for gear and ignore the big prize (busted heroes)
    Less room for me to experiment. So i'll just do the tried and true ways. Probably still doable with 2 good teams due to more downtime from node price and not wanting to waste (possibly) a tighter window for failling.

I think we’d need 3 attempts. One with 5 LS, one with 5 DS, one with <5 for the undersize.
  • Options
    arpnvb7b1rkt.jpg
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    Options
    The cost of battles went up
    The length of energy generation and refresh energy is the same
    The amount of repetition of battles in conquest also went up (more repeated battles of using X faction then Y faction etc) especially when you are using weaker faction toons at < 100% stamina

So we have more battles, less time, and attempts for the same time frame

I know about 4 people that would immediately try to finish conquest in 2-3 days, while the rest of us (including me) would finish the max box within the last 2-3 days

I don't agree with the decision, or reasoning but it is what it is

As long as less people have Maul in 3 conquests, and I'm able to get Maul without it costing too much...
  • Options
    I feel like my dog when I take him to the vet, the first couple times they give him the peanut butter on the stick. He is just going to town on this peanut butter like, "this is the greatest place on earth, I'm in love". Then out of no where BAM, they stick a needle in his butt.

After a couple trips to the vet, my dog won't touch the peanut butter. Why? Because he knows it's a trick.

Simmable AB (peanut butter)

BAM, right in your hind end.

On a serious note, these changes appear to be utter trash. I hope I'm wrong, but it feels like a huge cash grab. Especially after seeing the faction modifiers for sell in the store for twice the crystals of the other modifiers.
  • Options
    Nemio wrote: »
    Reading the update notes got me worried because of this line: "nodes will now cost more energy to battle"

In the previous conquests, it was possible to get the max crate without having to by any energy refreshes. Will it still be doable now? It would be annoying if the people spending on energy refreshes and rushing through the conquest pushed you guys to make a change penalizing those of us who played it though the whole two weeks at a slower pace.

This 100%.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    The amount of repetition of battles in conquest also went up (more repeated battles of using X faction then Y faction etc) especially when you are using weaker faction toons at < 100% stamina

I know about 4 people that would immediately try to finish conquest in 2-3 days, while the rest of us (including me) would finish the max box within the last 2-3 days

As long as less people have Maul in 3 conquests, and I'm able to get Maul without it costing too much...

"it is what it is"

Sounds like the 4 SWGOH podcasts I listen to. Not one complained or said anything negative about the nerfs, the Debacle with Executor and now with these Conquest changes..

While Reddit and this forum are PREDOMINANTLY outraged and frustrated with these latest moves..

It shouldn't be what it is. The game isn't fun when your hard-earned roster is nerfed and a GL ship is beaten by a g11 4 year old Fleet and needed adjustments. It isn't FUN when the 1st GL (JML) I worked for months for is now hardly competitive with the other "similar" GLs. Nor do I think it will be FUN to work harder for the possibility of lackluster rewards (other than R8 materials) in Conquest.

CG, your game ISN'T fun to play..
  • Options
    "The most exciting changes related to gameplay are the new Data Disks, Consumables, and Feats. We have swapped out some of the older Data Disks for new ones"

What data disks are gone? Will there be a way of knowing all the disks possible from the beginning so that I can make informed decisions on what to take early on?
  • Options
    Geos are trash in Conquest. I have tried to use them, but they're trash at the gear levels (I have them at 2x r5, 3x g12) that the entire rest of the game justifies. I can't justify raising 3 toons to r5 for one conquest feat.

Bad batch feat? Well, okay if it makes things a little easier for whales, but those feat points are not required for others. In the context of all the other changes, though...

Phoenix just isn't ready for Conquest. To require Phoenix to kill 30 enemies is unrealistic even for a 6Mgp roster.

I have 7M gp. I strongly suspect that max crate will be impossible for me, though I'll still have to play it, see what's available, and maybe do some math.

When I wrote my first comment I hadn't seen anything about the feats. It was all about what CG wrote in their announcement. Seeing the increase in total battles and how it's not even theoretically possible to finish Conquest without refreshes, I am officially unhappy with the changes.

Also, though I didn't say it in my first comment, even in my very first reaction I was thinking that CG being disappointed people rush through in a few days is just wrong. CG: people have lives. Timeshifting content so that you can play conquest on the weekends only is a great thing. You get to play the game when you will have the most fun. This keeps players' experiences with the game positive. Force people to constantly check in with the game and it becomes a chore. Finishing in 11/12 days without refreshes struck the right balance. If it was very important to you to finish in the least possible time, you could do that. If you had spare time every single day of the week and wanted more to do on a daily basis, you could have that.

These changes are bad, CG. They're fun killing. You should have been complimented and proud that some people had enough fun that they rushed to spend crystals the first few days.
  • Granolo
    216 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »

"it is what it is"

Sounds like the 4 SWGOH podcasts I listen to. Not one complained or said anything negative about the nerfs, the Debacle with Executor and now with these Conquest changes..

While Reddit and this forum are PREDOMINANTLY outraged and frustrated with these latest moves..

It shouldn't be what it is. The game isn't fun when your hard-earned roster is nerfed and a GL ship is beaten by a g11 4 year old Fleet and needed adjustments. It isn't FUN when the 1st GL (JML) I worked for months for is now hardly competitive with the other "similar" GLs. Nor do I think it will be FUN to work harder for the possibility of lackluster rewards (other than R8 materials) in Conquest.

I think Ultra as a mod can't incite outrage on the forum, and I actually appreciate his words about the update, unlike others that try to sugar coat it, or even worse, trying to convince us that it's for the good of the game, which is kinda insulting when it is clearly just a move to monetize more on Conquest.

Also, though I didn't say it in my first comment, even in my very first reaction I was thinking that CG being disappointed people rush through in a few days is just wrong. CG: people have lives. Timeshifting content so that you can play conquest on the weekends only is a great thing. You get to play the game when you will have the most fun. This keeps players' experiences with the game positive. Force people to constantly check in with the game and it becomes a chore. Finishing in 11/12 days without refreshes struck the right balance. If it was very important to you to finish in the least possible time, you could do that. If you had spare time every single day of the week and wanted more to do on a daily basis, you could have that.

These changes are bad, CG. They're fun killing. You should have been complimented and proud that some people had enough fun that they rushed to spend crystals the first few days.

The worst thing is that whales who want to rush Conquest can still do it, just spending more crystals than before. As always, it's the light spenders and f2p who get screwed over and over...
  • Options
    Granolo wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »

"it is what it is"

I think Ultra as a mod can't incite outrage on the forum, and I actually appreciate his words about the update, unlike others that try to sugar coat it, or even worse, trying to convince us that it's for the good of the game, which is kinda insulting when it is clearly just a move to monetize more on Conquest.

i know..

both mods, @Kyno and @Ultra, have a fine line to walk in sharing their opinion without fanning the flames..

my comment is more about how I feel some people just continually lower the bar on CG and the product they sell..

Just really dissatisfied and disappointed with the changes to an event that I enjoyed and felt at a 5.7 million GP and with my first GL, that I might actually achieve max crate.. That dream is slipping away because CG thinks Conquest doesn't produce enough revenue through crystal spending..
  • Options
    Why release new content like raids when they can adjust content to take significantly longer?
    Suddenly 50 evades becomes 100. Faction specific feats like BB that most don't have 7*, Phoenix who are a bit crap. The list goes on.
  • Creme
    32 posts Member
    Options
    This is honestly awful to read about. Paywalling yet another game mode? The first iteration of conquest was actually decent. It was fun. These changes are going to murder if. If you want to encourage people to use their whole rosters, stop gatekeeping top rewards with having certain factions relic *cough Phoenix, BB*. Add feats like “gain stealth 20 times in a match”, “revive 5 times before completing a match”, etc. Make us think about who’s kits do what again so we can achieve these feats with what we have invested in. Don’t make me relic a trash faction when you already force my hand in every other facet of this game.

Also, great, swapping disks no longer costs currency but energy + increase in energy cost per node + increase in # of feats per sector? You really wish to make this game mode a chore for anyone not willing to throw down thousands of crystals don’t you? Disappointing, pathetic, classless, but most of all, greedy and sleazy. Very characteristic of the trajectory over the last few years. There was a glimmer of hope when conquest was first released. Completely snuffed out now.
  • Options
    Basically more time consuming, more requirements and less rewards... :#
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    we found that most players could rush through the event in the first few days and then went back to clean up a few feats afterwards
    I'm incredibly skeptical of this claim from @CG_SBCrumb_MINI and the staff. I have a pretty decent roster for a 3+ year old account, despite not being a launch player or a major whale. I have good mods and focus on good performance in the game, and refresh energy on guild event energy day. I was nowhere near finishing conquest in the first few days, and even with moderate refreshes it probably took at least a week to get to the "end" of conquest (while simultaneously getting progress on feats, which are a HUGE part of conquest) before going back around and finishing feats (with maybe a day to spare, and without refreshes would not have completed enough feats).

Feats are designed to be difficult and annoying to accomplish and often require a lot of battles, so of course this is the case that some time is needed at the end to focus on feats--especially if you don't want to spend a zillion conquest tickets swapping disks back and forth between feat completion and 3 star battle completion. The players I know who finished earlier did so not because it was easy or just because they "could", but because they were panicking that they wouldn't be able to finish the feats in time. If you want progress through the nodes to take up almost all of conquest rather than feats, then the battles required to finish feats needs to be dramatically reduced (and who hasn't already wasted plenty of energy attempting a battle, only to find out that Phoenix or whatever has 900 speed and takes infinite bonus attacks?). Adjust feats first and then look at how quickly players are completing conquest, and changes based on that will likely be more reasonable and grounded in the reality of player experience rather than "huh, this could result in more vault purchases so yolo".

What we have here, by appearances, is an attempt to make red boxes only a thing for people whaling on mad refreshes, in addition to probably even bigger rosters that can take the stamina hits. In other words, chorequest just turned into whalequest and if CG has this (mis?)perception of the conquest experience for most players and is adjusting accordingly, there's a legitimate fear that it will be an absolutely miserable grind for mediocre rewards for most players.
    Post edited by dgree on
  • Options
    I don’t understand this new trend from CG to just make existing content harder. I’m all for progression but before you at least added new harder tiers to existing content with additional rewards.
    You used to be very clear about the reason why it took so long to come out with new stuff is because you don’t want have to go back on stuff. Increasing the difficulty on conquest making it harder to get the max crate with relic 8 mats and shards for new characters is going against that statement.
    Not cool dudes
This discussion has been closed.