Conquest Changes [MERGE]

Replies

• Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    If we don't rush at the beginning, especially this harder season, we risk running out of time to get those trickier feats. what on earth else are we supposed to do?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Granolo wrote: »
    , unlike others that try to sugar coat it, or even worse, trying to convince us that it's for the good of the game,

I have not seen anyone do that, have you?

, which is kinda insulting when it is clearly just a move to monetize more on Conquest.

The game is made by a for profit company, no one has ever tried to say they are not here to make money.

Nothing wrong with them making money, but when they make changes like this to force those to spend resources or money to stay where they are at, that’s not ok.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    nsbfoaw3uw87.jpeg
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    , unlike others that try to sugar coat it, or even worse, trying to convince us that it's for the good of the game,

, which is kinda insulting when it is clearly just a move to monetize more on Conquest.

The game is made by a for profit company, no one has ever tried to say they are not here to make money.

Nothing wrong with them making money, but when they make changes like this to force those to spend resources or money to stay where they are at, that’s not ok.

And there in lies the rub.

This is what annoys me. For me to do exactly what I was doing before, I’ll need to whale bad batch, relic Phoenix and some smugglers. Spend crystals to complete.

So just to keep doing what I was doing already, I will now need to spend. That’s just sad, and not at all encouraging
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

TBF, every update is like that, isnt it?

As you keep pointing out, they are adding more to our want pile every time something is added, and the rate of adding things to support that want, hasn't been happening to most (if anys) satisfaction.

We are always given the same options to spend resources how "they want" to "keep up". It is a personal choice based on a personal feeling about where we want to be. If it were easy, I think many would not be here (even with the love of SW).
  • Options
    icyx1knjkbit.jpeg
    GG CG
  • Options

As you keep pointing out, they are adding more to our want pile every time something is added, and the rate of adding things to support that want, hasn't been happening to most (if anys) satisfaction.

We are always given the same options to spend resources how "they want" to "keep up". It is a personal choice based on a personal feeling about where we want to be. If it were easy, I think many would not be here (even with the love of SW).

Kyno you keep talking about want. Well the communities want to play this game is going to wane and evaporate when they start making progression further gated behind paywalls and resource dumps.

Currently I WANT to play this game. In order to do so I NEED it to be enjoyable. With their recent changes they are making it not fun anymore. I shouldn’t NEED to pour gear into scoundrels, mandalorians, Phoenix and nightsisters to keep my current progression and income of resources. Why should antibody be ok with them monetizing our current resource income because of their greed?

On top of that, none of these changes are player friendly in the slightest. At first the energy for data disk swapping was friendly until they increased energy cost per battle and also added feats that are far more of a grind with being so repetitive, thus further making energy that much more valuable and scarce. It’s forcing crystal refreshes now, yet their big reasoning for all this was to make it last longer. All they did was increase the cost and force people to spend resources to keep their current crate reward progress and even completing the conquest run itself.

What about the changes we’ve been screaming for? No duplicate data disks in the same spot? No duplicate teams in the same slice? Feat counters? Better rewards? Less repetitive feats?

These changes are nonsense and not what anyone asked for. The only changes they made were to monetize conquest even more. That’s it.
  • Options

It’s their only saving grace, but the Star Wars goodwill won’t last forever. Conquest when it first came out was so fun, everyone was raving about it and how it was the best thing. They’re sucking that away. Taking the fun out to be replaced by another lengthy grind in a direction they are choosing. It’s no surprise they have chosen the least relic’d characters (IMO). Bad Batch, Smugglers, Phoenix, Jawa. They should have started it paywall. Transitioning now just leaves rancour.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

These changes are nonsense and not what anyone asked for.

I dont disagree.
  • Options
    The more I think about it, what I find the most irksome is the statement about spenders disengagement being the driving force. Fine I get the bean counters decided that conquest wasn’t generating enough revenue for the rewards cg is giving and for the cost of the development. I know I can’t really disagree with that as I don’t know/have the numbers.

That all said, it’s just really bothersome that the post was written in such a way that cg had to know we wouldn’t buy the argument. Also, they knew, those that did buy it, would erroneously point fingers at a segment of the player base that are completely free of responsibility for the change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno you keep talking about want. Well the communities want to play this game is going to wane and evaporate when they start making progression further gated behind paywalls and resource dumps.

Currently I WANT to play this game. In order to do so I NEED it to be enjoyable. With their recent changes they are making it not fun anymore. I shouldn’t NEED to pour gear into scoundrels, mandalorians, Phoenix and nightsisters to keep my current progression and income of resources. Why should antibody be ok with them monetizing our current resource income because of their greed?

Maybe it's not greed, and just the thought process that to gain end game characters shouldn't be seen as easy.

Do you need to dump resources into those factions? You don't think a good selection in path and discs could make it work? Will it be harder without spending those resources, yes, but it may still be possible.

(Please note, I didnt say fun)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

On top of that, none of these changes are player friendly in the slightest. At first the energy for data disk swapping was friendly until they increased energy cost per battle and also added feats that are far more of a grind with being so repetitive, thus further making energy that much more valuable and scarce. It’s forcing crystal refreshes now, yet their big reasoning for all this was to make it last longer. All they did was increase the cost and force people to spend resources to keep their current crate reward progress and even completing the conquest run itself.

First, from my understanding there are other changes, not listed:
    What’s New:
    There are too many changes to list here

From my understanding there may be a possible rewards change...

I'm sure I dont have to say this. But why not: players who have invested in lesser used factions, and invested in other ways are players and this rewards them for those actions. It gives them more value to those decisions, and gives more weight to other players who may want to invest into those factions for many reasons, that may not be ROI related. Trust me I know people will disagree but this is good for players, when looked at in the long term.

Having a place to use lesser used toons, is a good thing, rewarding players for investing in them is a good thing. It's already a hard choice to do so, but this is an addition to the plus column for those factions. For what that's worth.
  • Options

Maybe it's not greed, and just the thought process that to gain end game characters shouldn't be seen as easy.

Do you need to dump resources into those factions? You don't think a good selection in path and discs could make it work? Will it be harder without spending those resources, yes, but it may still be possible.

If you think G11 toons are going to be able to take out R5 and above overtuned squads, even with the data disks, youre not playing the same game. To even get them to g11 will cost valuable carbantis, stun guns, cuffs and mk8 biotech gear that is already very scarce and in incredibly high demand.

Bad batch alone costs hundreds of kyro techs to get them up and running and many players don’t have them 7* to go beyond G11. Mandalorians? You need 100 guns just to take cancerous to G9 lmao.

FYI, conquest wasn’t easy before these changes. That’s why not many people got CAT when first able to. That’s why many didn’t get Razor crest maxed out when first able to or even after the galactic chase a couple weeks ago. Conquest has been a difficult grind for a long time now and they made that grind even worse while making the max crate locked behind arbitrary faction development in BB, mandos, scoundrels, NS, etc which aside from BB carry no need to be that insanely developed.

The very least they could’ve done is give us a counter for feats, but oh no, just nerfs, increased costs and more grindy feats. Everything they’ve done with this conquest change is wrong and greedy. Point blank period.
  • Options
    Goodness. That’s patronizing and as an upgrade to the game it’s just ugly. Like old grandma … I’ll give you one penny for cleaning the dishes, 3 pennies for watering the flowers and 10 pennies for giving me a hug. Little by little you’ll acquire a fortune!!
  • Options
    You might not get the final crate even if you do 6 refresh daily.

So, let us all boycott this conquest by not spending crystals
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »

1. Have you done the math? Because I find it hard to believe
    2. You can, but I'm not planning on missing out on Maul
  • Options
    I used to be a kraken.
    After this crazy conquest and LV update, i had decided not to keep up with the game anymore…

Money is better spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

This conquest is very dependent on DD. My 7m roster might not be enough for the feats.

Since i decide to go ftp except buying 6A mods, these refreshes will be better spent getting kyrotechs etc
  • Options

First, from my understanding there are other changes, not listed:
    What’s New:
    There are too many changes to list here

From my understanding there may be a possible rewards change...

I'm sure I dont have to say this. But why not: players who have invested in lesser used factions, and invested in other ways are players and this rewards them for those actions. It gives them more value to those decisions, and gives more weight to other players who may want to invest into those factions for many reasons, that may not be ROI related. Trust me I know people will disagree but this is good for players, when looked at in the long term.

Having a place to use lesser used toons, is a good thing, rewarding players for investing in them is a good thing. It's already a hard choice to do so, but this is an addition to the plus column for those factions. For what that's worth.

Yes let’s reward the <1% of the player base who have relic Phoenix and totally block out the 99% that doesn’t. Seems reasonable
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If you think G11 toons are going to be able to take out R5 and above overtuned squads, even with the data disks, youre not playing the same game. To even get them to g11 will cost valuable carbantis, stun guns, cuffs and mk8 biotech gear that is already very scarce and in incredibly high demand.

Bad batch alone costs hundreds of kyro techs to get them up and running and many players don’t have them 7* to go beyond G11. Mandalorians? You need 100 guns just to take cancerous to G9 lmao.

FYI, conquest wasn’t easy before these changes. That’s why not many people got CAT when first able to. That’s why many didn’t get Razor crest maxed out when first able to or even after the galactic chase a couple weeks ago. Conquest has been a difficult grind for a long time now and they made that grind even worse while making the max crate locked behind arbitrary faction development in BB, mandos, scoundrels, NS, etc which aside from BB carry no need to be that insanely developed.

The very least they could’ve done is give us a counter for feats, but oh no, just nerfs, increased costs and more grindy feats. Everything they’ve done with this conquest change is wrong and greedy. Point blank period.

You can choose not to invest in them if you dont see enough of a reason, but other have and did, and will likely do so in the future. They may not even be doing it with real $$. Its all about choices, and this change, while not really seeming like a fun option, still does serve the purpose of giving more ROI into the investment.

From my understanding other updates on those things are in the works, but I dont have an exact list.
  • Options
    A genuine question...

How will changes effect normal mode? How realistic will it be to max out rewards?

I saw on cubs video different feats requiring specific teams. Which for those under 4mil GP becomes an increased difficulty and counter productive. Gearing up nightsisters, bad batch and rebel fighters are a luxury that distracts from the natrural progression of the game at this level. I.e going after legends etc. Will there be feats more reflective of a players journey below 4mil GP?
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Everyone : Hey look at my great character I unlocked l/conquest rewards I achieved

CG :

zmnb9cpg2b5z.jpeg

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Ravens1113

I dont disagree with the general sentiment expressed by both you and others.

I just feel that your blanket statements about them and the changes that seem to gloss over elements that do have some benefits in both the immediate for those who already have developed certain teams and in the future for people who may want to. I know this is of no concern to you, but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
  • Options

You can choose not to invest in them if you dont see enough of a reason, but other have and did, and will likely do so in the future. They may not even be doing it with real $$. Its all about choices, and this change, while not really seeming like a fun option, still does serve the purpose of giving more ROI into the investment.

From my understanding other updates on those things are in the works, but I dont have an exact list.

You have less than 1% of people in the entire game who have sent Phoenix to relic levels. Aside from this forced conquest feat, what purpose do Phoenix serve? We use them in the early early early game. After using them for Thrawn/Palp there’s no purpose to take them beyond maybe G10/11. It’s a waste of resources as their kit and stats have been dwarfed due to power creep….well….power leap. Toss in the other factions like mandalorians, scoundrels and BB and you are now forcing people to get those factions highly geared and modded, or you will not get max rewards. It’s not about beating the nodes now or about completing feats using different combos and puzzle pieces to do so. No, now it’s, gear up these factions or you don’t get maul.

Also for the changes we wanted, most notably the feat counter, the last we heard on it was Doja telling us he’s constantly pushing for it in the QoL updates that we haven’t gotten since 2019. That’s it. They sure can push nerfs and paywall changes pretty quick but implementing QoL changes to the game that benefit the players? Nah….
  • Options
    Ravens1113

I dont disagree with the general sentiment expressed by both you and others.

I just feel that your blanket statements about them and the changes that seem to gloss over elements that do have some benefits in both the immediate for those who already have developed certain teams and in the future for people who may want to. I know this is of no concern to you, but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Kyno the issue here is that CG made these moves to paywall conquest. It’s not a blanket statement.

They changed data disk swapping from currency to energy. Ok cool, great. Not the best change but positive nonetheless.

Then with their announcement yesterday they tell us that they are going to increase energy costs per battle because people were spending crystals to finish quicker and disengaged afterwards. Umm what?

So you mean to tell me that because krakens and whales spent on crystals to finish a game mode that wasn’t fun to them and held no replay value, they made it more grindy and expensive for everyone? That makes things worse. Not better. The only reason to do that is force people to refresh with crystals more often. Not to mention they had feats where you need to replay battles over and over and over again. They added even more to those to boot!

Then they add in “win with a full team of X faction this many times”. In high relic sectors. So now we need to pour gear and resources into those teams ONLY for a feat. Why do I need to pour scarce and high demand gear into useless factions outside of these feats? This isn’t like GC’s where I miss out on a couple mod slicing Matt’s. I’m missing out on lots of rewards now because of it. It’s literally pay to win now. You keep saying it rewards those who invested in these factions. Who outside of krakens and whales have their Phoenix relic? Scoundrels? Mandalorians?

Bad batch is the only faction that is going to carry significant help to our rosters outside of conquest. They’re a top 10 team and also are needed for LV, so I get it with them, but the gear needed is insane to get them up and running and many don’t have them even 7* yet.

There’s no way to spin this in a positive light Kyno. These changes are terrible and shame on CG for making conquest a money game now. They made the game mode much worse with these changes.
  • Osets
    11 posts Member
    Options

@Ultra you do realize that your second statement is confirming that we'll need crystals to get max crate, right?
  • Options
    As long as I can have the second crate, it means I'll unlock Maul 3 months later than (some) other players I compete with in arena. It will take me back to a time where I wasn't able to unlock the new shiny thing day one and waited for the event to come back 3 months later (Do you remember, my dear Malak ? Good times). As I dont know how the meta works in the GL era, I have no idea how it will affect my crystal income.
    Good news: I'm in no hurry to unlock LV right away, I wont have his team fully operational before mid january and the end of the 6th conquest anyway... I'm more a glass half full kinda guy.
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    Options
    Osets wrote: »

Ultra you do realize that your second statement is confirming that we'll need crystals to get max crate, right?

Its not a confirmation of anything since I'm not a beta tester or have access to Conquest 7

My assumption is that yes, we will need to do at least 1 refresh to get max crate given the information provided

I would do 1~2 refresh at most in Conquest 1 to 6 and would get max crate in the last 2~3 days of conquest and I don't see that happening with higher cost of battles, and more repetitive battles for feats

I could be wrong though

I don't think we need 6 refreshes per day for 14 days to get the max crate like Osets is claiming, and its a pretty wild accusation to make
This discussion has been closed.