[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Conquest used to be funny until it took a CG to the knee...

Seriously now it is simply two weeks of boring and grinding battles over and over because of a bunch of really stupid feats.

Hate to tell you, but it's not just two weeks of boring grinding battles. We're doing at least two conquests back to back...
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Conquest used to be funny until it took a CG to the knee...

Seriously now it is simply two weeks of boring and grinding battles over and over because of a bunch of really stupid feats.

Hate to tell you, but it's not just two weeks of boring grinding battles. We're doing at least two conquests back to back...

This is honestly the most depressing swgoh news i've heard ever, by far. I can't afford this part time job for that long, and the most difficult part of conquest is strategizing a way to achieve modest rewards for the awful experience without setting myself up for overextension, burnout, and quitting (thereby making the whole slog moot because it's mostly very not fun and if i quit the game the rewards are just ugly pixels).
  • Sidious76
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Just pure hot steaming pile of garbage. Another game mode that has turned into a "i will get what i get" as a reward. Zero incentive to even spend crystals to refresh. Over the last month yall have managed to revert the state of the game and the community all the way back to where we were at when it was the revan metas. Do yall even care about the health of the game, guess not. But lets push R9 here next month.
    Post edited by Sidious76 on
  • Options
    They need to:

Fix the Bugs
    Reword some of the feats
    Reduce the repetitive faction based battle requirements (eg. 10 instead of 14)
    Add more ability feats (eg. Attempt to inflict Fear 50 times)

I found this Conquest a lot more frustrating at the beginning because it looks like an absolute Mountain of a climb. Reality is using 3 refreshes a day, spacing out all the feat battles and working out how to do multiple feats in 1 battle gets you far. You can work out which feats to skip and save yourself energy.
    I completed this in 7 days but only becuase I hit lucky with time off work. Probably spent about 1500 crystals but about 500 of those was trial and error. Seems a small price to pay for max crate and I'll throw arena crystals at it to complete it quickly every time. I'd expect it to take closer to the full 14 days just doing the 3 refreshes and not having the dispensable time to log on at the right time to utilise stamina.

Still not looking forward to the next 2 conquests. Doing repetitive feats repetitively is in no way fun. I hope they go back to the old conquest and tweak it, or at the very least reduce the current time sink. I'll admit there is a level of satisfaction when you work things out. Like a G8 Qi'ra leading relic Hans, Chewie + G12 Nest and complete 2 feats at the same time with the right mods and discs...or doing 10 deathmarks with a G9 DT on a particular battle using JML lead.
  • Options
    Guys, everyone is getting the "Deadly Catalyst" disc but not me. Happy to give away my mass assist one, it's too hard without deadly. :-)
  • Options
    - it's not difficult
    - it's not expensive (the total cost of all the refreshs to get gold/red crate would still be pretty low for an "exclusive" char, maybe even lower than the 80 crystals/shard for marquee chars)
    - it's just a big unneccessary grind which is so frustrating

Just cut down the feats by smth like 70% and add a final feat to sector 5 that activates when the sector boss has been defeated: "Spend 1500 crystals on refreshs and/or consumables" which awards an adequate amount of banners to get the red crate.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    just fought a jawa team in sector5
    i killed the scavanger first, but dets (thermal detonator) were constantly applying on my team even he was dead... until the very last jawa was killed

don´t know if someone responsible is reading this in that megathread, but at least i´ve tired to adress the problem
  • Options
    jedilord wrote: »
    just fought a jawa team in sector5
    i killed the scavanger first, but dets (thermal detonator) were constantly applying on my team even he was dead... until the very last jawa was killed

don´t know if someone responsible is reading this in that megathread, but at least i´ve tired to adress the problem

what enemy modifier did they have
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

I just don't get all the vitriol over 100 crystals a day - that is like 2-3 character shards. You can have a 7* Maul or like 100 Omega shards; choice seems pretty easy...

It's not really the 100 crystals a day. It's the amount of time it takes to run all these repetitive battles.
  • Options
    So tedious
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    - it's not difficult
    - it's not expensive (the total cost of all the refreshs to get gold/red crate would still be pretty low for an "exclusive" char, maybe even lower than the 80 crystals/shard for marquee chars)

Just cut down the feats by smth like 70% and add a final feat to sector 5 that activates when the sector boss has been defeated: "Spend 1500 crystals on refreshs and/or consumables" which awards an adequate amount of banners to get the red crate.

It's expensive relative to what it cost before, which was nothing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    This Conquest needs to be nerfed. My GLs have lost to non-GL units. That's not allowed in SWGOH.
    Sounds like user error. Mine do just fine.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    This Conquest needs to be nerfed. My GLs have lost to non-GL units. That's not allowed in SWGOH.
    Sounds like user error. Mine do just fine.

Not user error, if you don't have the right data discs you can see your GL's get obliterated before being able to make their first move.

For example the G8 bugs destroyed my SEE squad before I could take a single action other than Wat applying 1 tech to SEE. After that the bugs never stopped taking a turn. They were even faster than my SEE with 538 speed.
  • Options

Mine walked off the job…they said the work was too tedious. Told me to call them back when conquest was fixed…then they will come back to work.
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Well, turns out i will get the last crate. Didn't expect it to be honest, but JML showed me why he’s the Man by allowing me to get all the ‘kill Jerry with Tom’ feats with my g11-12 guys. Difficulty was well balanced (for my 6m roster), some feats were interesting to solve, so far it was quite fun. But as other pointed out, the grind is brutal.
    Once the feat puzzle is solved, doing the same battle over and over is boring. I will finish conquest doing the same battle 2-3 times a day to get the last feat. How fun.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I did it with G12 geos. You might need to work on your skills.

Could you tell me which discs you used? And against which team you fought?

Its the only fight I have not tried, with two r3 Geos and the rest Gear 12 I thought it would be impossible. I will get red crate even without them but for completeness sake and especially for next round it would be good to know which discs I should look for.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Well, turns out i will get the last crate (6m gp). Didn't expect it to be honest, but JML showed me why he’s the Man by allowing me to get all the ‘kill Jerry with Tom’ feats with my g11-12 guys. Difficulty was well balanced (for my 6m roster), some feats were interesting to solve, but as other pointed out, the grind is brutal.
    Once the feat puzzle is solved, doing the same battle over and over is boring. I will finish conquest doing the same battle 2-3 times a day to get the last feat. How fun.

Careful, CG doesn't detect sarcasm.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Well, turns out i will get the last crate (6m gp). Didn't expect it to be honest, but JML showed me why he’s the Man by allowing me to get all the ‘kill Jerry with Tom’ feats with my g11-12 guys. Difficulty was well balanced (for my 6m roster), some feats were interesting to solve, but as other pointed out, the grind is brutal.

Careful, CG doesn't detect sarcasm.

They dont detect feedback either.....HEYOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Conquest was tedious before, but its just complete trash now.
  • Options
    DebulMonar wrote: »

Could you tell me which discs you used? And against which team you fought?

Its the only fight I have not tried, with two r3 Geos and the rest Gear 12 I thought it would be impossible. I will get red crate even without them but for completeness sake and especially for next round it would be good to know which discs I should look for.

Not the guy you're replying to, but I'm doing it with two R5 Geos and the rest G12 vs a Bad Batch team with no "Overprepared" modifier (one easy win vs them, another that was dicey) and vs the Phoenix mini-boss team (lots of wins, most easy but a few where they take out G12 Soldier or Poggle before I get a turn). Leader's Resolve lets me take a turn before they get too many, Ruthless Swiftness helps me keep taking turns, and Master's Technique lets Spy eventually start killing them. I also have a couple Entrenched and one Defensive Formation.

• Options

I just don't get all the vitriol over 100 crystals a day - that is like 2-3 character shards. You can have a 7* Maul or like 100 Omega shards; choice seems pretty easy...

It's not really the 100 crystals a day. It's the amount of time it takes to run all these repetitive battles.

I still don't get why they didn't just lessen the shards given in each box and sell packs. They want money from the new powerful chars? Ugh... Sell them. Thats what they always did before.
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

I still don't get why they didn't just lessen the shards given in each box and sell packs. They want money from the new powerful chars? Ugh... Sell them. Thats what they always did before.

they want the appearance that f2p can get the box, even if it's becoming harder and harder for them to do so unless they're doing very well in arena. And they have no job.
  • Options
    Anyone else notice this thread was Locked for ~2 hours or so?
  • Options
    Oh great I’ve just noticed the deathmark feat is also broken. Going to leave me 5 shards short unlocking CAT
  • Options
    pbchillin wrote: »
    Just think, in the past week they have:
    Killed Fleet Arena.
    Killed Grand Arena and Territory War at once by making them both be "most GLs wins".
    Killed Conquest by making it painfully unfun.
    Broke a 2 year old Geo TB Fleet mission.

Pretty impressive stuff I'm sure you'd agree.
    pbchillin wrote: »
    Just think, in the past week they have:
    Killed Fleet Arena.
    Killed Grand Arena and Territory War at once by making them both be "most GLs wins".
    Killed Conquest by making it painfully unfun.
    Broke a 2 year old Geo TB Fleet mission.

Pretty impressive stuff I'm sure you'd agree.

Killed Vader
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    - it's not difficult

Haven’t heard people complain necessarily about increased cost being too much to cope with, or difficulty being too much for them in getting max crate. It’s the increased cost in their time, and the tedium of that time being spent. You have to spend a decent amount of time, and every day. Sometimes just to fight the same fight 3 times. No other reason, just beat it 3 ways. 60 energy and time, for almost next to no progress in your crates.