[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    GAC
    I don’t have a GL and have no plans to get one right now. They are worth it I’m sure but I could put all those relics on other teams and use them in TBs and Raids etc. but I’m GAC when I get matched up against someone with a GL or 2 it’s a loss for me no matter what I do. I e pretty much quit even playing GAC.
    TW
    We have 7 GLs and our TW match has 20 GLs. We lose.
    We need some sort of separate GL division.

Just my 2 cents.

Devil’s Advocate to this: if you could only fight GLs in GAC / TW if you have an equal number of GLs, then there’s suddenly much less value in actually getting GLs. As you mentioned, it’s generally better to Relic set Raid/TB teams than use those materials to get a GL for them. I feel like that would lead to people getting 1-2 GLs for Arena and then having an advantage over those with all 6.

There’s also not much point in having a meta if there aren’t players without that meta that you can be better than. That’s what a roster building PvP game gets you.

The biggest value of GLs is in TB, Raids, and squad arena.

The difference between winning and losing in TW is minimal. A big difference in GLs just makes it a completely unpleasant experience on one side and a boring experience on the other side. The best TW experience is when the outcome is uncertain until near the end.

As far as GAC, it is not all that different a situation, though I can see more of a draw for wanting to keep this GL advantage that semi-randomly occurs. I still think that having equal numbers of GLs makes for a better experience in an individual GAC match and since the nerfs occurred should be the way to go there.

I don't see how having 1-2 GLs for arena gives anyone an advantage over someone having all 6 especially if they won't be facing each other in GAC or likely not in TW either.

Isn't having the meta in squad arena good enough? Why shouldn't a PvP match actually be competitive?

I’m comparing sinking resources into GLs and their requirements vs sinking resources into non-GL teams. Getting one GL is worth about three teams worth of Relics, on average. More if the requirements don’t work well with the actual character, “less” if the requirements form high-power teams on their own.

TB: Having three TB-ready teams is better than one, I’d imagine. And DSTB is pretty easy to punch through without GLs, so it’s really just the three LS ones that make a huge impact. They do, I’ll give you that, but would you get more out of LSGTB with JMK or with Bad Batch, Shaak 501st, and Padme?

TW: It’s still losing, and that hurts in the long run. But again, more good teams, more offense/defense potential. And if you’re guarunteed to fight an equal number of GLs, it would be better to improve non-GL teams to do better in your current “GL Bracket” than get a GL and then move up a bracket.

Raids: Okay yeah. But, you can solo the Heroic Raids and do good in the CPit with just SLKR and/or JMK. And there’s a few GLa (like SEE) who do worse than non-GL teams. You definitely don’t need 6.

And then GAC. Let’s assume that the proposed change is your opponent will always have the same number of GLs as you. Let’s also assume one key thing, which is the rewards don’t change based on how many GLs you have. Which could be false, but that leads to other issues.

Why would you unlock a GL for GAC if it just means your opponent has one too? It doesn’t make GAC any easier. If anything it makes things harder, because if your one GL is SLKR and your opponent has JML, you’re basically playing with no GLs… unless you both put them on defense, which also makes things harder because that’s less overall points for both of you.

Arena has the same problem. You could farm the strongest non-GL team you could get (GAS? BB?) and play against non-GL teams. Or you could unlock a GL, and suddenly be forced to fight against other GLs, some of which will be hard counters to yours. Particularly if you’re sitting in the top 20 with GAS and then unlock SLKR and get knocked down to top 100 because of JMK and JML running all over you.

This game isn’t focused on the competiton. It’s focused on collection.
  • Options
    Devil’s Advocate to this: if you could only fight GLs in GAC / TW if you have an equal number of GLs, then there’s suddenly much less value in actually getting GLs. As you mentioned, it’s generally better to Relic set Raid/TB teams than use those materials to get a GL for them. I feel like that would lead to people getting 1-2 GLs for Arena and then having an advantage over those with all 6.

There’s also not much point in having a meta if there aren’t players without that meta that you can be better than. That’s what a roster building PvP game gets you.[/quote]

Yeah, I can see your point on that. If that’s the case then undo the recent nerfs so there can be counters to GLs. To say that GLs would lose their appeal wouldn’t be accurate. GLs have so many uses that they would still be valuable. GAC/TW are meant to be a strategy tournament where planning and , again, strategy are the way to win. Not just have invested in a couple GLs. And from the flip side, sure it’s great to have a couple GLs and your opponent have none. Automatic win, but what happens when you come up against someone with 3 GLs. You’ve lost. I’m sure they have a plan for this but for us, who don’t have GLs, who have invested heavily into having a good spread in our rosters when we run into a GL that’s now unbeatable without a GL it just saps the fun from the game. It’s like showing up to a bicycle race and your opponent has a dirt bike. No point in even racing.

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI while I’m
    Here I want to add this to my previous post. The store, the buyable packs. There’s some that are great deals, but some are laughable. For instance the zeta pack. I think it’s $50 for potentially 5-10 zetas 25-50 g12/g12+ and kyros. I mistakenly bought one once thinking I got 20 zetas etc., and that was my fault for not reading, and I got 25 injectors and 50 kyros. In store that about $17 and I paid $50. I get that CG has to make money but at the same time that’s the money that I bust my a$$ for. I know some people can drop 30k on this game and I not affect their banks but I would imagine for a large majority of us, it would. I spend at least $20 a week, sometimes more and I work as a concrete pump operator. I can work 20 hours a day and this game is kind of my escape from my rat race most days, and it would make me a lot more inclined to spend more if more of these packs were either cheaper or stacked more. For instance, instead of potential drops just make them guaranteed drops.

Again, just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed that it seems to take conquest energy longer to refill than it used too?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    wvl4bkgm6hgu.jpeg

Home stretch. Strange but I found this conquest much easier then the last.
    It truly is funny how the devs want us to interact more but at a cost. We ask for a sandbox mode but got conquest.
    Ya it’s fun to make our characters go crazy with fun disks but at the end of the day I want to practice using my teams with my mod stats against guild members set ups.
    You want me on line playing your game 24/7well this is it.
    That mode would have me playing my way out of a relationship lol.
    But seriously if you want players playing your game all day then don’t give us content that comes with stamina or energy or crystals.
    You could make end bosses have a health pool that he have to chip away at with our roster.
    Post edited by Sewpot on
  • Options
    I feel this 2nd go around is much harder than the first. Before I was completing the Phoenix feat without much todo but this time I have lost with the Phoenix almost every time.
  • Options
    I still don't understand how you guys haven't put up a statement with "Sorry guys, we screwed up. Please bare with us til we fix this mess we handed you" @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

Players leaving left and right because of the nerfs, Conquest, executor mirrors with the magical bug where your opponent cleanses but you don't and the overall lack of improvement in the game. Just a cash grab after cash grab. More and more f2p players are getting fed up and leaving. You do understand that without f2p players the p2w players will lose interest soon too? Top100 guilds having all kinds of trouble keeping themselves intact because so many people are quitting. And as an extra we have R9 incoming soon to probably be a final blow for a lot more players. The game is not in a good state at all right now.
  • Options
    The conquest was the best update ever introduced in this game, I was having fun building decks claiming red chest.

But then this new update come to conquest, new feats, different data disks.
    I used to spend crystals just to get more conquest energy so I can claim red chest, but with the new feats like:

"Gain frenzy 20 times."
    "Defeat 40 units with Old Republic characters"
    "Defeat 30 units with Phoenix Squadron units"

I know even if I spent a lot of crystals for energy it is impossible for me to get the red chest.
    And if it wasn't enough, in hard mode these teams wont even stand a chance against any of the foe,
    making .feats impossible to complete.

So I just wanted to say thanks for ruining the fun for me.
  • Options
    GlowyImp wrote: »
    The conquest was the best update ever introduced in this game, I was having fun building decks claiming red chest.

But then this new update come to conquest, new feats, different data disks.
    I used to spend crystals just to get more conquest energy so I can claim red chest, but with the new feats like:

"Gain frenzy 20 times."
    "Defeat 40 units with Old Republic characters"
    "Defeat 30 units with Phoenix Squadron units"

I know even if I spent a lot of crystals for energy it is impossible for me to get the red chest.
    And if it wasn't enough, in hard mode these teams wont even stand a chance against any of the foe,
    making .feats impossible to complete.

So I just wanted to say thanks for ruining the fun for me.

Phoenix worth 5 banners is not holding you back from red crate
    Gain frenzy is easy- go buy a consumable problem solved
    And if you don’t have revan levels up yet then the red crate is the least concern. Just need to kill 8 teams x5 and you got that feat.

It’s obvious that all these nerds are for a purposes. The devs aren’t attacking us. They are trying to balance things for future characters. (As far as I understand it) they are the ones playing at r9 and god knows what else level,mod,new gear of some crap. They see the future interactions that would eventually cause problems for future kits.
    Or they just have it in for all you F2P and this is a middle finger and they are purposely pushing you guys out. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    What's even more pathetic about this awful, unfun timesuck is now I get to constantly change mods, aka the worst part of the game (Well, changing mods vs conquest I guess that's sort of a conquestception).

Is anyone still having fun yet? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzthud
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    On track for max crate again. Was out this last weekend so had to miss a few days.
    Lots of crystal refreshes to make up for those days.
    Will I continue to get max rewards? Yes, I want Maul.
    Do I enjoy conquest at all anymore? Not really, doing the initial clear is still enjoyable. But the feats are just a grindy nightmare.
    Fix conquest CG. You guys made a great game mode, that has now become one of the most hated game modes.
  • Options
    They will never ever change anything in that game mod, because everyone is clearing it anyways. So why should they?
  • Options
    Conquest. How to ruin a perfectly good thing....
  • Options
    ybiuctm9fitr.jpeg

I finished last one and this one at the same time. Last one I used more crystals. This round felt much easier and I used half the amount of crystals. Even skipped a day to let my stamina come back.
    Hope everyone gets max crate. Or I hope you are not in my arena shard because next month is gonna be brutal
  • Options
    The grindy feays are pure ****… if tou want ppl to spend more time in conquest… how about making it ten sectors? Let ppl complete normal AND hard one after the other? Or why not make conquest “lapable”… how many full runs will you complete this time around?
  • Options
    GAC
    I don’t have a GL and have no plans to get one right now. They are worth it I’m sure but I could put all those relics on other teams and use them in TBs and Raids etc. but I’m GAC when I get matched up against someone with a GL or 2 it’s a loss for me no matter what I do. I e pretty much quit even playing GAC.
    TW

Just my 2 cents.

There’s also not much point in having a meta if there aren’t players without that meta that you can be better than. That’s what a roster building PvP game gets you.

The difference between winning and losing in TW is minimal. A big difference in GLs just makes it a completely unpleasant experience on one side and a boring experience on the other side. The best TW experience is when the outcome is uncertain until near the end.

Well this certainly aged well…

In a good way or bad way is yet to be seen, but “well” describes it good enough.
  • Options
    GAC
    TW

Just my 2 cents.

Well this certainly aged well…

In a good way or bad way is yet to be seen, but “well” describes it good enough.

The one thing they act on ....
  • Options
    As someone that doesn't ever go up against JMK in regular play, any tips for the final battle? My only real option is JKR (Resistance I have relic'd but the TM mechanic makes it a bad choice). Better to take down Kenobi ASAP or use Mark to take someone else down first?
  • Options
    Acymetric wrote: »
    As someone that doesn't ever go up against JMK in regular play, any tips for the final battle? My only real option is JKR (Resistance I have relic'd but the TM mechanic makes it a bad choice). Better to take down Kenobi ASAP or use Mark to take someone else down first?

Its probably better to take out JKA before JMK. But JKR will be quite an uphill battle.
  • Options
    Acymetric wrote: »

Its probably better to take out JKA before JMK. But JKR will be quite an uphill battle.

Whichever way I go I'm expecting to need to use all 3 inventory slots and do a bunch of tweaking with my discs. Luckily I've got plenty of time!
  • Options
    Had to use overcharged health and defense boosters, but that made it a breeze!
  • Options
    Made this account just to give my feedback. The new conquest is horrible, the team feats are impossible for many players, many others are super unfun and the new data disks dull and their RNG element awful given how much harder conquest has been made. Sincerely hope you revert all the recent changes.