Is something going to be done about Executor?

Replies

• Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    As of today I agree, buff executor!!

It's a strong ship already. It just needs the bugs fixed with cleansing debuffs and it needs to be better balanced with mirror matches. Most of the people in my shard who have 7*'ed it today aren't upgrading the taunt ability on the cap ship. That right there is all the proof they need that something is dead wrong.

But here we are. The event is back. People have been warning them what was coming for weeks. Annnnd.... nothing has been done.
  • Options
    People spending hours painfully climbing through an RNG based fleet arena mirror hell while having to spend both more crystals in refreshes and their time?

CG: "More engagement. WAI."
  • Options
    My GA opponent beat my 7* executor in one shot using negotiator or malevolence. Clearly it can be beaten
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    With the event coming back and a bunch of people giddy about getting a 7* Executor thinking their ship arena woes are over, they've got a big shock in store. These mirrors are almost always determined by which cap ship goes first. It's the most cancerous meta this game has ever seen. We've had good players lose 5-6 times in a row solely based on cap ship coin flip to start the battle. It's only going to be worse for people with the increase in number of Executors out there.

Is this really what CG thinks is acceptable? Are you aware you are only further killing this game by not doing something about things like this?

From today:

krxkjpu7xp78.png
    x2kj8e3e10et.png

Random question, I guess: there’s a SWGOH discord? With the Devs on it?

Yes, the SWGOH Events server.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Please change this ability or give us the opportunity to increase this ability anew.

Yes, I didn’t know it and I haven’t read it in this forum, but should I really have guessed that improvement is deterioration?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Lol.
    Honestly I am not even asking for a buff or a change,
    1. I just want the abilities to work as they should. Not being able to cleanse on offense, while watching the defense do it is very frustrating, but well the bug wasn't caught soon enough after initial release so they will probably get around to it in 2+ years or so.
    2. While it think the taunt on the heal ability is absolutely stupid, if they decide to leave it, I can live with that, wouldn't be the first time they say one thing and do another. That ability is 100% better not maxed out, so keep it downgraded if you can. I know the red dot gets to some people.
  • Options
    @Kyno any word on if the team is doing something about the taunt ability. I know they are aware of the debuff cleanse issue and are working on it as a shard mate and I are the ones who gave them the info when we opened up the official bug report.

I believe they should refund the mats on the taunt ability and downgrade it for everyone until all this gets straightened out. It's not right that the players who logically upgraded this ability to max are having to face the obstacles this issue presents. All you are doing by letting this fester is hurting the players who drove any revenue by getting Executor to 7* when it was released.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno any word on if the team is doing something about the taunt ability. I know they are aware of the debuff cleanse issue and are working on it as a shard mate and I are the ones who gave them the info when we opened up the official bug report.

I believe they should refund the mats on the taunt ability and downgrade it for everyone until all this gets straightened out. It's not right that the players who logically upgraded this ability to max are having to face the obstacles this issue presents. All you are doing by letting this fester is hurting the players who drove any revenue by getting Executor to 7* when it was released.

That won't happen, they won't directly support not maxing a unit out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno any word on if the team is doing something about the taunt ability. I know they are aware of the debuff cleanse issue and are working on it as a shard mate and I are the ones who gave them the info when we opened up the official bug report.

No update yet. I have a few things to ping them on, on Monday, to check in.

They are not likely to do that, this:
    scuba wrote: »

That won't happen, they won't directly support not maxing a unit out.

• Options
    They really should just charge the second half of the ability to "the healthiest tank gains taunt and foresight" per the paper zombie precedent. Also in b4 merge
  • Options
    I've won several matchups while going second, so no. Git gud.
    Also, this is nothing compared to the JKR meta.

JKR meta was easy
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Anecdotally, I also feel like I am being punished for having a higher geared Mando and faster RC. I felt pressured to get him to Relic 7 to outspeed my 6* Exec back before the Exec change to the swarm attack to ensure I could land a breech, but now having a slower RC seems to be advantageous, again against the paper zombie precedent. I'm losing mirrors to G12 Mandos because having RC go AFTER the faster ships and cap ship feed TM to HT makes for them marking my RC. The only alternative to taking advantage of my higher gear levels would be to waste both my R7 RC, R8 HT, and Exec attacks as basics on their HT (the only way of not feeding it TM). Really this whole Exec mirror is just a complete cluster kitten with slower ships and lower level cap ship abilities having the advantage, and even with all things equal, it's at best a coin flip. Real players who've been playing with the ship for a month since it's initial launch should not be losing to mirrors this frequently against bots piloting lower geared and leveled ships/abilities.

Please CG reward your players who invested in these ships, rather than punishing them for leveling their abilities and piolets. It's really making me want to pull mods off my Piett/Mando/Bossk and have them unusable in GAC. That's how poorly designed this GL level ship is.

Out of four battles against the same 5* Exec, G11 Mando fleet, I lost all three times I tried doing anything but opening with my basic on their HT. I ended up winning only by wasting my faster R7 RC with a basic on his HT, wasting my faster (6* mods) Xanadu Blood with a basic on his HT, THEN wasting my faster 6* Exec turn with a basic on his HT. Finally my R8 HT took a real turn, used special to breech his RC, and then his whole team got their turns. When I FINALLY got my SECOND turns, my RC was able to mark his RC and I won. This is certainly not WAI.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    This has been brought up, both with this and the original post Scuba made.

They are looking at the sentiment, advice given, and data to see if there is a need for intervention.

Translation: even though they *say* you should never be punished for fully upgrading something, they don't actually mean it, and they will do nothing.

If the win ratio shows that you do not have an advantage, despite the advice given, then you are not being punished. So they do mean it, but they try to back these kinds of changes up with data.

Not sure what data they'll get. People didn't realize how dumb the ability was and just upgraded it to max, because that's what you're supposed to do.

As it stands, we are currently telling everyone that hasn't upgraded it already to just leave it at level 6.

I wish I had seen this post before upgrading the ability. Like you said, I maxed it because it’s supposed to be an UPGRADE not the other way around

• Options
    Help_me wrote: »

They are looking at the sentiment, advice given, and data to see if there is a need for intervention.

Translation: even though they *say* you should never be punished for fully upgrading something, they don't actually mean it, and they will do nothing.

If the win ratio shows that you do not have an advantage, despite the advice given, then you are not being punished. So they do mean it, but they try to back these kinds of changes up with data.

Not sure what data they'll get. People didn't realize how dumb the ability was and just upgraded it to max, because that's what you're supposed to do.

As it stands, we are currently telling everyone that hasn't upgraded it already to just leave it at level 6.

Data would be the win ratio. If you have a higher win ratio when having the ability lower or not.

Correct, and if that actually pushes a higher win ratio they are likely to take action.

Except I would bet all of the 7* owners have it at max right now. Is the win ratio because of the ability? Or simply luck? Unless you have a bunch of 7* mirrors where one side has it level 8 and the other at leve 6, not sure how any data can help anything.

Why do you think he asks for data? He knows it will be difficult to provide.

Who asked for data?

What kind of specific data are they looking for? Data can be manipulated in many ways. But you only need common sense to know that you don’t want your NON TANKS to be taunting
  • Options
    SSB wrote: »
    Help_me wrote: »

Data would be the win ratio. If you have a higher win ratio when having the ability lower or not.

Correct, and if that actually pushes a higher win ratio they are likely to take action.

Except I would bet all of the 7* owners have it at max right now. Is the win ratio because of the ability? Or simply luck? Unless you have a bunch of 7* mirrors where one side has it level 8 and the other at leve 6, not sure how any data can help anything.

Why do you think he asks for data? He knows it will be difficult to provide.

Who asked for data?

But you only need common sense to know that you don’t want your NON TANKS to be taunting

Slave 1 says hi… and then goes and cries in a corner because you’re right…
  • Options
    Mirror matches are not fun and are completely RNG dependent. Feels like JKR meta all over again. Great design CG…. 🙄
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Mirror matches are not fun and are completely RNG dependent. Feels like JKR meta all over again. Great design CG…. 🙄

Jkr meta was rng dependent?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Lol.
    Honestly I am not even asking for a buff or a change,
    1. I just want the abilities to work as they should. Not being able to cleanse on offense, while watching the defense do it is very frustrating, but well the bug wasn't caught soon enough after initial release so they will probably get around to it in 2+ years or so.

I'm not an Executor owner yet, so I obviously have 0 experience in using the squad, but what exactly do you mean?
    Why can't you cleanse on offense but can do it on defense, could you explain it please? What prevents you from doing it on offense? As I said, I don't have the ship so not really sure what exactly you are talking about. But would love to know for the future, so would appreciate it if you explained it to me :smile:
  • Options

Did I say that? Or did I say the current state of fleet arena meta is similar to JKR when it was boring, stale and dull. Saying that the current Executor mirror matches are RNG dependent does not mean JKR exactly was either.

It was boring, lame and not fun.
  • Options

Did I say that? Or did I say the current state of fleet arena meta is similar to JKR when it was boring, stale and dull. Saying that the current Executor mirror matches are RNG dependent does not mean JKR exactly was either.

Oh. So, “Matches are not fun and are completely rng dependent. Feels like jkr meta. But in a completely different way than jkr meta, that I didn’t mention. Also, in my opinion, jkr meta was boring, but in different ways.”

I get it now
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    JKR meta was mirror matches for every arena battle, exact same composition, exact same modding. Plus they were a painful battle because of Savior and Jolee.
  • Options

Oh. So, “Matches are not fun and are completely rng dependent. Feels like jkr meta. But in a completely different way than jkr meta, that I didn’t mention. Also, in my opinion, jkr meta was boring, but in different ways.”

I get it now

Sigh….here we go again.
    “Mirror matches are not fun and completely RNG dependent.” That’s a totally separate statement about the current meta in ship arena involving Executor.

“Feels like JKR meta all over again.” A separate statement that doesn’t make any statement about RNG factor when it was JKR meta. It’s a statement saying that the current ship arena feels like squad arena did back when it was JKR meta.

If you wanted to insinuate that’s what I meant then more power to you.

But also, yes there was some RNG involved with JKR in terms of who got marked down and whether or not you could score enough damage on Jolee before he revived. To the level of Executor? No. The JKR meta was dull and boring nonetheless, just like this one capital ship meta is. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Mucro
    105 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    No. The JKR meta was dull and boring nonetheless, just like this one capital ship meta is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

To be fair, JKR was much more readily available and easier to obtain. JKR meta wasn't dull only because JKR vs JKR was boring, it was dull because everyone used him, so every arena match was a mirror match. I'm in a fairly old fleet shard, and still only three people actually use Executor at this point, meaning they are easy to avoid. Sure, fighting for the rank 1 spot might end up dull, but the meta itself is nowhere near the point of JKR yet.
  • Options
    Are the reinforcements for Executor always the same?
  • Options

I get it now

Sigh….here we go again.
    “Mirror matches are not fun and completely RNG dependent.” That’s a totally separate statement about the current meta in ship arena involving Executor.

“Feels like JKR meta all over again.” A separate statement that doesn’t make any statement about RNG factor when it was JKR meta. It’s a statement saying that the current ship arena feels like squad arena did back when it was JKR meta.

If you wanted to insinuate that’s what I meant then more power to you.

But also, yes there was some RNG involved with JKR in terms of who got marked down and whether or not you could score enough damage on Jolee before he revived. To the level of Executor? No. The JKR meta was dull and boring nonetheless, just like this one capital ship meta is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you feel that this is happening a lot you could try to write what you mean instead of writing things you don’t mean. Might help to avoid similar “misunderstandings” in the future.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Are the reinforcements for Executor always the same?

No; generally all the available bounty hunters are used, and the most common reinforcement I've seen is imperial tie bomber (to dispell buffs, taunt, and stick it to rebels even more), though I saw a Tie Advance on my climb yesterday and I've started using Gar Saxon for the cleanse and heal. (at least until the forced taunt ability is adjusted) I'm really hoping I don't have to bring those two to Relic levels.
  • Options
    please can this be changed so that BH ships don't taunt whn they heal? i have just upgraded this and wish i had left it at level 6. it shouldn't be a feel bad or cause battle to be harder if i upgrade abilities.
  • Options
    People have alrdy pointed out why it's garbage as it currently is.

People have alrdy proposed a good solution -> "heal target ally by xx% health and protection and give the healthiest bounty hunter tank ally taunt and foresight for 2 turns".

CG doesn't care. They probably even like the current situation because ppl spend crystals for refreshs.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I can win starting second with no problems at all, so I don’t see the problem, maybe you are using the wrong movements
  • Options
    So if that ability isn’t working for you, figure out a different strategy where it does work for you, instead of demanding the ability be changed to how you think it should be. I’m sure once someone shows you how to do it on YouTube, you’ll quit griping and think it’s the best ever.
This discussion has been closed.