4/4 Teaser Discussion Megathreads (Guild, Guild Chat, and Raid confirmed)

Replies

• Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    20-50 participants, point system based on damage dealt through refreshes, tiered prizes.

This is the model I've seen the most.
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    You will never find a more wretched hive of trolls and hilarity.
    Darn. Sounds tempting. Can I book a place for myself?

Sure. It isn't quite ready yet, because... what's the point really? Just you and I so far. Who else is interested? It's called "galactic Space slugs and the women who love them."
    So we have a little left to do. To find some women. :lol:
  • Options
    Yay! Positivity :)
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Yay! Positivity :)

İt will fade away. Give it some time
  • Options
    Geez. Whatever you do don't ASK them if they are women. It's like the masonic lodge. They have to mention their femininity first.
  • Options
    What does "damage dealt through refreshes" mean? Tbh, I haven't played many mobile games. Just snake and this one :)
  • Options
    All I care about atm is getting guilds and new content. so this is big

#BuffTuskens
  • Options
    So we can't gear up are characters yet? Only the guys who pre crafted and had 100's of extra blowdryers available not even a day before the update?

Sweet
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Your points are based on the damage you deal, the more you refresh the higher on the prize tier you go
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    So farm Luke for Rancor or wait for Jedi Luke when Rancor comes out?
    {RotE}
  • Options
    I wish I had $1,000.00 to give all of you.

Just so I could hear you all B!tC& about that too...........
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
  • Options
    That was truly terrible. We were promised something big, and instead we got a teaser trailer- not even a real trailer- for content that should have been released with the level cap raise.
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up @EA_Jesse . Been looking forward to Guilds for a very long time
  • Options
    That was truly terrible. We were promised something big, and instead we got a teaser trailer- not even a real trailer- for content that should have been released with the level cap raise.

Well he did post this as well. :|

Updated a section of my Developer Update post:

"Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing more information on our next major update which will launch towards the end of this month. This is our biggest update yet that includes Guilds, Raids, Guild Chat and more. Raids will introduce new rewards you can’t get anywhere else, including new pieces of gear. We can't wait to get it into your hands and hear what you think!"

Also to answer the question, yes, gear that is currently not showing up when doing reverse lookup will come from raids.
  • Options
    KennyKonif wrote: »
    I wish I had $1,000.00 to give all of you.

Just so I could hear you all B!tC& about that too...........

I wish I had a time machine so I could take you back to last week and prevent you from signing up for the forums. Now get out of here, or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Options
    So basically, some limited number of raids per day, unless you spend crystals for more. You can do them any time you want to do them and they are a short duration. And points/rewards based on you contribution, which is a combo of roster strength and crystals. I realize this is wild speculation, but within the realm of possibility/expectation when deciding to spend $?

That doesn't sound too bad, from a time investment standpoint. Thanks!
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Isn't it funny that this is what we joked about CG doing.... AS A JOKE. And it is exactly what they did?

An announcement on a future announcement about a future update.

I send my condolences out to my friends over at Instinct, a team of players who prepared to have an excellent team, drafted players carefully, built a website and forum and helped many of us with good guides and information, all with the purpose of making the game better. In return for all you've done, which helped EA and CG immensely, EA and CG in return set up a ponzi pump and dump, which sadly nullified anything positive you guys tried to do to make a positive.

Expect our Guilds to lose players over this surely. I hope we see a day in the sun. Sadly, this will most likely be our fate...

fJJt4T.gif
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So basically, some limited number of raids per day, unless you spend crystals for more. You can do them any time you want to do them and they are a short duration. And points/rewards based on you contribution, which is a combo of roster strength and crystals. I realize this is wild speculation, but within the realm of possibility/expectation when deciding to spend $?

That doesn't sound too bad, from a time investment standpoint. Thanks!

Just speculation based on what I've seen other games do. Don't take it too seriously

But yeah that sums it up pretty well. They normally last 24-48 hours
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Updated a section of my Developer Update post:

"Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing more information on our next major update which will launch towards the end of this month. This is our biggest update yet that includes Guilds, Raids, Guild Chat and more. Raids will introduce new rewards you can’t get anywhere else, including new pieces of gear. We can't wait to get it into your hands and hear what you think!"

Also to answer the question, yes, gear that is currently not showing up when doing reverse lookup will come from raids.

Whee, so those of us uninterested in guilds will presumably need to join one to complete said raids, yes?
  • Options
    Mb I'm just way too bad in English, but I can't understand... what does the word "refresh" refer to? "To refresh" in my understanding is "to restore", "to recover", "to renew" or "to reset". I can't appky it in this context.
    Ok. Let's imagine: we have a rancor and we are expected to fight him with our team. Rancor is actually immortal and you should survive as long as you can, dealing some damage to him. You can use all your roster for this aim as well as in GW (before everyone in it is dead). Prizes according to your total damage in comparison with total damage of other players. Smth like that?
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Ha, Rancor fight. I called it...
  • Vuroja
    25 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Games been killed stone dead by the people who are meant to progress it. Nothing left to see here, you can keep your month wait for basic features and a highly likely to be a boring rng fest yoda-esque rancor.
  • AKK889
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Cythis wrote: »
    Just speculation based on what I've seen other games do. Don't take it too seriously

But yeah that sums it up pretty well. They normally last 24-48 hours

Hmmm, interesting. I never played raids in any mobile game and I was curious on how they'd do it.
    Yeah it makes sense now. It could be anything, but I'm sure it won't be too far from what you said.
  • Valent_Antona
    1034 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    KAULI wrote: »
    Guilds and raids it seems...

Are you guys satisfied?

I didn't get Guilds or raids from the trailer...
    Edit: guess I should read the post instead of watching just trailer links.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Vuroja
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Dont expect much, they've yet to produce anything more than extremely basic content. Is simming fun? Is rng yoda 7 fun? Is gw daily slog and retreat fun? Is the one comp to rule them all pvp balancing fun? Are challenges fun? Was the droid event fun?

The answer: not really.
  • Options
    KAULI wrote: »
    Guilds and raids it seems...

Are you guys satisfied?

I didn't get Guilds or raids from the trailer...
    Edit: guess I should read the post instead of watching just trailer links.

I think he edited it after the backlash
  • Murderhole
    149 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Deleted
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    Whee, so those of us uninterested in guilds will presumably need to join one to complete said raids, yes?

Yup. Your ability to compete in an event is now up to 14-year old Darth Billy from Sheboygan and whether he wants to let you into his guild.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    Mb I'm just way too bad in English, but I can't understand... what does the word "refresh" refer to? "To refresh" in my understanding is "to restore", "to recover", "to renew" or "to reset". I can't appky it in this context.
    Ok. Let's imagine: we have a rancor and we are expected to fight him with our team. Rancor is actually immortal and you should survive as long as you can, dealing some damage to him. You can use all your roster for this aim as well as in GW (before everyone in it is dead). Prizes according to your total damage in comparison with total damage of other players. Smth like that?

Like in the arena refresh your turns to keep going, only in a raid your damage is tracked and determines what prize you are eligible for.
  • Options
    The real question: will we *need* to join a guild for raids? I kinda just use the game as a time waster and never really wanted it to be an MMORPG type thing.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!