Conquest 10 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Rex wields his gun, aims it and fires it. The turret is autonomous, and its own summoned unit. It makes sense in every way, except that it makes the feat a little bit harder.

Except the turret is the only non-basic ability of the arc trooper and the cornerstone his kit so it's basically saying arc trooper shouldn't count as a character which I do fundamentally disagree with. If they won't have it count in these at least do us the courtesy of making it unavailable like they do in raids though I disagree with that decision to but would find it a better compromise personally.
  • Options
    The conquest mode is now the worst thing in the game. It is really to much time consumming and boring to do. To complete it, it is minimum 30 hours of gameplay wich is comepletly absurd for a mobile game... and then you have to add the time to do the other things in the game. Imo playing a mobile should not be a full time job! It is clear the the emphasis is put on ways to get more money from players wich is very sad for a game that make already a lot of money. In consequence of this, many players are leaving a game that they love for many years now... please CG stop being so greedy and put the FUN back in the game
  • Options
    Even though I got frustrated at times, I really had been enjoying conquests. This just isn't fun anymore. There are 5 levels of 22 battles = 110. So over the course of 14 days, you have to win an average of about 8 per day.
    When factoring in putting a squad together, load times, battles, et al, let's say it takes about 5 minutes per battle. Let's also assume you win 4 out of 5 (my win percentage is much lower, but for sake of argument), so you're attempting 10 battles per day. That's 50 minutes per day, on the conquest battles alone, for 2 weeks straight, on a mobile game. If you weren't burnt out on this game before, welcome to conquest 10.
  • Options
    eykbpws08jt9.png
    This came up after I lost a battle trying for the sector 3 boss feat to win with Vader surviving. Used Vader, Piett, Thrawn, Shoretrooper, and Malak. So…..something isn’t working right.
  • Options
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    eykbpws08jt9.png
    This came up after I lost a battle trying for the sector 3 boss feat to win with Vader surviving. Used Vader, Piett, Thrawn, Shoretrooper, and Malak. So…..something isn’t working right.

Are you certain you weren't using Kallus in that battle?

k0vx0k4rd36i.png

• Options
    eykbpws08jt9.png

Are you certain you weren't using Kallus in that battle?

k0vx0k4rd36i.png

3z3lahd9d8w1.png
  • Options
    In relation to the most recent update by CG regarding conquest 11 changes, specifically normal energy cost/rewards. While I'm really happy that they took the feedback, I'm genuinely not sure how I feel about it.

I play normal mode and while 20 energy cost is steep I did notice that the rewards are much better which ultimately enables me to catch up on shards for characters that after 10 conquests I'm still not able to complete. And let's be honest getting the characters is the only reason anybody endures this torture...

5 more energy for double the reward seems fair. I wish there was a vote on this!!

But tbf they can't win either way!
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Just got into Sector 2 Hard. Have only completed one feat so far and still chasing box 1. At this rate I don't see myself getting box 2. I used to get box 3 the last few conquests.

Congrats on completely ruining conquest for a NOW COMPLETELY F2P player. Your devious acts and decisions these past few months have equaled no more money coming from my wallet.

Honestly not sure how much longer I'll stay with this game. Been here since day one and to see what this game has become is truly sad.
  • CaesarAM
    251 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    [/quote]
    3z3lahd9d8w1.png
    [/quote]

That isn’t accurate though. I was using 0 Rebel Fighters and was not fighting a MM team. That team has Lando as the only Rebel Fighter. And I was 3 short for the feat going into it. So there’s more to the story.
  • Options

3z3lahd9d8w1.png
    [/quote]

That isn’t accurate though. I was using 0 Rebel Fighters and was not fighting a MM team. That team has Lando as the only Rebel Fighter. And I was 3 shirt for the feat going into it. So there’s more to the story. [/quote]

You answered it right there. Lando
  • Options
    Would love to know why the devs continue to be hush hush on why they lied to us about the hard path and listening to our feedback. I don’t expect an answer from them but would be nice to know why they lied to us
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

3z3lahd9d8w1.png

That isn’t accurate though. I was using 0 Rebel Fighters and was not fighting a MM team. That team has Lando as the only Rebel Fighter. And I was 3 shirt for the feat going into it. So there’s more to the story. [/quote]

You answered it right there. Lando[/quote]

OP used Vader, Piett, Malak, Shore & Thrawn. They were illustrating from Discord that Animist used Lando, however in this battle 0 rebel fighters were used and still got credit for RF kills.
  • Options
    I think it's pretty terrible that the "best" data disk setup for this conquest is the one where you just sit there while the enemies give themselves a huge stack of DoTs and Thermal Detonators and eventually blow themselves up after taking 3 turns before you even got a chance to move. Talk about engaging gameplay!
  • Options
    I might be missing something here. I'm sure you start off with a couple of possible data disk nodes, but as soon as I get to the point where I can see what's on the node, the other options completely disappear. Sure, they could be just as bad as the ones I'm forced to pick from, but there used to be a choice. Now I just seem to be getting pushed towards bottlenecks.

Sounds like you strayed off the "hard path" ... See the devs PSA post on the hard path

This is on normal mode. I'm 200k gp short of hard mode, sadly.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    lughnasa wrote: »
    Just make GC pay to play it. Anything worth time is in the pay path. It is now not worth the time for no pay players. I have no problem with those paying, but showing two clearly different paths, one geared up and ftp extremely boring. Seeing both is demoralizing. Stop copying bad ideas from other gsmes and be creative. Current GC paths are a great way to lose ftp base or even those pay once in awhilers (POIA) 😃

That's why I say they should just let us buy the toons, and drop this conquest garbage.

They should stop using it as an end-game delivery system and go back to when it was fun. The bean-counters just want to use it to make money and don't care about "fun" because there is no fun, only money...Just because they're listening to us, doesn't mean they're hearing us.

Dozens of different ways to release characters, stop making this a second or third job, make it fun again and do something else for end game releases.

I agree to an extent. We don't need a new conquest character every 3 months. Mix it up a bit with some marques, some legendaries, ect...

Maybe release one every 5 or 6 months. Gives you 3 months to get it quickly as you do now, but if you miss, it gives you a couple conquests to catch up or to use the currency on gear.
  • Drathuk916
    635 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

3z3lahd9d8w1.png

That isn’t accurate though. I was using 0 Rebel Fighters and was not fighting a MM team. That team has Lando as the only Rebel Fighter. And I was 3 shirt for the feat going into it. So there’s more to the story.

OP used Vader, Piett, Malak, Shore & Thrawn. They were illustrating from Discord that Animist used Lando, however in this battle 0 rebel fighters were used and still got credit for RF kills. [/quote]

Any single rebel fighter triggers it whether that rebel fighter is enemy or ally. You get more kills than you are supposed to. There is nothing a player can do to avoid the bug. It’s just a question of how one chooses to deal with it. Do you intentionally make life harder on yourself to complete the feat as close as possible as cg intended or do you do the bare minimum knowing that the feat is broken.
  • Options
    I might be missing something here. I'm sure you start off with a couple of possible data disk nodes, but as soon as I get to the point where I can see what's on the node, the other options completely disappear. Sure, they could be just as bad as the ones I'm forced to pick from, but there used to be a choice. Now I just seem to be getting pushed towards bottlenecks.

Sounds like you strayed off the "hard path" ... See the devs PSA post on the hard path

This is on normal mode. I'm 200k gp short of hard mode, sadly.

I think the 'hard path' accidently applied to all modes ...
  • Options
    “Accidentally”
  • Options

3z3lahd9d8w1.png

That isn’t accurate though. I was using 0 Rebel Fighters and was not fighting a MM team. That team has Lando as the only Rebel Fighter. And I was 3 shirt for the feat going into it. So there’s more to the story.

You answered it right there. Lando

OP used Vader, Piett, Malak, Shore & Thrawn. They were illustrating from Discord that Animist used Lando, however in this battle 0 rebel fighters were used and still got credit for RF kills. [/quote]

Any single rebel fighter triggers it whether that rebel fighter is enemy or ally. You get more kills than you are supposed to. There is nothing a player can do to avoid the bug. It’s just a question of how one chooses to deal with it. Do you intentionally make life harder on yourself to complete the feat as close as possible as cg intended or do you do the bare minimum knowing that the feat is broken. [/quote]

Definitely the bare minimum. The other feats are grindy enough without having to take mon mothma against meta teams, ridiculously over prepared teams, or finding the one node she can beat and doing it 10 times for funsies.
  • Options
    why are there only potency disks?
  • Options
    Okay @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI , you want feedback? Well here ya go, Happy Friday!

Sector feats for 14 wins with an off-meta faction are not fun. (Hint: we're going to find a node we can beat and battle there 14 times).

Event feats for 40 wins with an off-meta faction are not fun (Hint: we're going to find a node in Sector 1 that we can beat and battle there 40 times).

Event feats for 40 wins with an off-meta faction that has only one tank or only one lead are not only infuriatingly un-fun but bloody stupid!

Forcing us to make a binary choice between the hard path and literally any other path is not fun.

Making that hard path about as obvious as a lone purple sprinkle in a cupcake factory is bloody stupid and a terrible user experience.

Punishing us for any deviation from that path with reduced access to disks / consumables is not fun and a terrible user experience.

"Rewarding" us for taking the hard path with twice the selection of junk disks is not fun especially when we used to be able to pick out path to that level of rewards.

Forcing us to choose between data disks or Conquest-only character shards is not fun, bloody stupid and a terrible user experience.

Removing useful and fun disks and replacing them with meh / junk disks is not fun.

Stacking every opposing squad with ludicrous speed is not fun.

Restricting the opposing squad factions and compositions to the point where we end up facing the same few squads over and over and over is not fun and a terrible user experience.

Steadfast Retribution is not fun, especially when the hard path we are pushed to take is littered with squads that have it.

'The Odds' is not fun when Sabine gets into a 10-20 second attack loop (sometimes repeatedly in the same battle) often leading to a timeout or when it causes the disappearing buttons bug either of which costs you vital conquest energy.

'What if he doesn't survive?' is .. actually an interesting twist. Just don't get all excited and flog it to death.

And last but not least, ratcheting up the grind when we are already complaining about the grind is not fun. In fact it is a great way to get players like me to quit the game and you can't generate revenue from players who no longer play.

And the grind isn't just conquest, it's the sum of conquest, TW / TB, GAC and the daily arena climbs. If you consider any one of these maybe it doesn't look too bad but consider them all together and SWGoH feels more like a second job than a fun escape these days. That is why my guild has experienced an unprecedented level of attrition the last few months.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Sector feats for 14 wins with an off-meta faction are not fun. (Hint: we're going to find a node we can beat and battle there 14 times).

Event feats for 40 wins with an off-meta faction are not fun (Hint: we're going to find a node in Sector 1 that we can beat and battle there 40 times).

Event feats for 40 wins with an off-meta faction that has only one tank or only one lead are not only infuriatingly un-fun but bloody stupid!

Forcing us to make a binary choice between the hard path and literally any other path is not fun.

Making that hard path about as obvious as a lone purple sprinkle in a cupcake factory is bloody stupid and a terrible user experience.

Punishing us for any deviation from that path with reduced access to disks / consumables is not fun and a terrible user experience.

"Rewarding" us for taking the hard path with twice the selection of junk disks is not fun especially when we used to be able to pick out path to that level of rewards.

Forcing us to choose between data disks or Conquest-only character shards is not fun, bloody stupid and a terrible user experience.

Removing useful and fun disks and replacing them with meh / junk disks is not fun.

Restricting the opposing squad factions and compositions to the point where we end up facing the same few squads over and over and over is not fun and a terrible user experience.

Steadfast Retribution is not fun, especially when the hard path we are pushed to take is littered with squads that have it.

'The Odds' is not fun when Sabine gets into a 10-20 second attack loop (sometimes repeatedly in the same battle) often leading to a timeout or when it causes the disappearing buttons bug either of which costs you vital conquest energy.

'What if he doesn't survive?' is .. actually an interesting twist. Just don't get all excited and flog it to death.

And last but not least, ratcheting up the grind when we are already complaining about the grind is not fun. In fact it is a great way to get players like me to quit the game and you can't generate revenue from players who no longer play.

And the grind isn't just conquest, it's the sum of conquest, TW / TB, GAC and the daily arena climbs. If you consider any one of these maybe it doesn't look too bad but consider them all together and SWGoH feels more like a second job than a fun escape these days. That is why my guild has experienced an unprecedented level of attrition the last few months.

I'll add my feedback too. All of thos above pretty much sums it up. So I'll save having to type it all out.

I will add that we can still have global feats. Even squad specific ones. The ls/ds ones were fine. Even a faction specific feat would be ok as long as the faction has enough decent characters that it can reasonably beat several of the nodes along the way. Jedi, sith, galactic republic, empire, and other large factions are fine for these. The difference in these factions and bhs are that they have meta teams that can beat many of the teams you see and can work them in without doing the same battle 40 times. They also have GLs that can be used on the harder nodes and still make progress.

Off meta faction feats can work as well. But not as they are. For them to work, we need teams along the way they can beat. And not just one or two in sector 1. Maybe remove the bonuses from the over prepared teams so they are easier wins for the off meta faction feats. Either that or limit the battles to those to 5. If you want a gear check, 5 battles will do it. If I can beat 5 battles with smugglers, I can do 40. The difference is 5 over two weeks isn't grindy. Have the other 35 be either ls/ds or meta factions. if the total energy spent isn't enough after reducing these.
  • Options

I'll add my feedback too. All of thos above pretty much sums it up. So I'll save having to type it all out.

I will add that we can still have global feats. Even squad specific ones. The ls/ds ones were fine. Even a faction specific feat would be ok as long as the faction has enough decent characters that it can reasonably beat several of the nodes along the way. Jedi, sith, galactic republic, empire, and other large factions are fine for these. The difference in these factions and bhs are that they have meta teams that can beat many of the teams you see and can work them in without doing the same battle 40 times. They also have GLs that can be used on the harder nodes and still make progress.

Off meta faction feats can work as well. But not as they are. For them to work, we need teams along the way they can beat. And not just one or two in sector 1. Maybe remove the bonuses from the over prepared teams so they are easier wins for the off meta faction feats. Either that or limit the battles to those to 5. If you want a gear check, 5 battles will do it. If I can beat 5 battles with smugglers, I can do 40. The difference is 5 over two weeks isn't grindy. Have the other 35 be either ls/ds or meta factions. if the total energy spent isn't enough after reducing these.

Not that I want to encourage cg to keep high win with a specific squad in global. I do like the idea of themed squads either stripping overprepared or getting a significant modifier. This should also happen for specific squads in specific sectors. Unfortunately, I doubt cg will do this as it is clear they hope conquest forces us to spend significant crystals on refreshes and “encourages” us to develop undergeared factions on a compressed schedule.
  • Options

Not that I want to encourage cg to keep high win with a specific squad in global. I do like the idea of themed squads either stripping overprepared or getting a significant modifier. This should also happen for specific squads in specific sectors. Unfortunately, I doubt cg will do this as it is clear they hope conquest forces us to spend significant crystals on refreshes and “encourages” us to develop undergeared factions on a compressed schedule.

That's why I made suggestions if they want to keep the battle count high (more nodes that they can win or better squads required).

For the gear check, that can be done with 5 battles as easy as 40. Or if they want a blatant gear check do 40 battles with jmk or some other character that is actually worth grinding for. At least then you can do the feat as you go if you meet the req.

I hate "gear the crappy faction that you won't use anywhere else in the game" feats but if they want then they'll leave them in. But gearing a crappy faction so you can do 40 mind numbing battles with them is far worse.

I was suggesting trashing the over prepared modifier altogether. If you want to use a GL and completely cream ewoks you could. Or you could use the lesser faction to clear those as you go. But modifiers to have a specific faction strip it would work better. But the important thing is if you expect 40 battles at least 30 of them need to be possible as you go without a ton of rng. I beat a couple of ewok nodes with bossk lead in sector 1 but also lost some before really even getting a turn. I can't reasonably use bhs against those as I go since you will lose two battles for every one you win in later sectors. So just pick the same 3 nodes that are easy wins and repeat. Not fun. And that's with relic bhs.
  • Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Rex wields his gun, aims it and fires it. The turret is autonomous, and its own summoned unit. It makes sense in every way, except that it makes the feat a little bit harder.

The turret isn’t autonomous, it’s “commanded”, hence why you pass *command* to another 501st clone.
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    With emotions calmed a bit and some hands-on experience, I will put my feedback here on the off chance that someone relevant reads it. Although last time it was pretty much useless...
    The good:
    - Free consumables. Finally a way to test them out without sacrificing valuable resources.
    - Non-GLs as bosses. Facing GLs with the present feats would be horrible.
    - The hardcore path. Finally a taste of what the game mode can do. More of this, please.
    - The regular pass. It gives additional flexibility with Boba shards, plus other stuff as a bonus. Worth it? Probably yes for some and not for others, and that is perfectly fine.
    The bad:
    - The feats. 40 wins means averaging about 3 per day, if you start day 1. With squads that can rarely be used for advancement, even less with 100% reliability.
    - Overprepared. It **** before, it still does.
    - Overall time demands. To optimize stamina, you have to play regularly during the whole day. IIRC, the tournaments were cancelled for precisely this reason.
    - The reduction of available disks while the issue with duplicates is STILL NOT SOLVED.
    The ugly:
    - Overall concept and direction. It seems a lot of thought went into it with a clear intent. Unfortunately, as far as I can discern, the intent isn't fun. It's to sell the pass+. Requiring a crazy number of wins with weak teams means inevitable issues with stamina and energy, and the pass+ is there for that.

Quoting for truth. Most of what you're saying here is on the money. The one spot I'll beg to differ is in your 40 wins point. I haven't had much trouble at all in progressing on those so far. Across my multiple accounts I'm averaging in the range of 8/40 to 12/40 (which is right about on pace), and I am seeing plenty of possible times to pick my spots. Sure some of the wins are messy but they're still getting me incidental progress to the feat while advancing through the map - ie not having to repeat one lucky node over and over.

Seeing lots of people in this thread complaining about the difficulty/impossibility and that there are no good disks but that's simply not true. I have multiple working disk setups so far that are giving me nearly automatic wins against the right squads. So I suspect a lot of the complaints are due to either a) not evaluating disks properly and mis-drafting, and/or b) not knowing the right teams to face up against.
  • Options

3z3lahd9d8w1.png

I can vouch for this bug. Killing a Mon mothma team on repeat for 5 "Rebel fighter" kills using Empire for the irony.
  • Options

Everything this guy said. Although I wish he didn't restrict himself to merely three labels - "not fun", "bloody stupid", and "a terrible user experience". There should have been more, like "Not Fun", "NOT fun", "noT fUN", etc.
  • Options
    Wow, just run into boss battle in sector 3 where Han Solo commits suicide before I take a single turn and then it’s game over … for ME!!!?? Not only did I waste 60 energy, now I have to waste even more energy to remove my disks to try to babysit poor squishy Han. I thought you at CG said a player should never be punished for having a stronger team?