Whales

Replies

• Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    It is not a prime example of forced p2p. What will you miss out on? Do you understand what “forced” means?

There will be thousands and thousands of players who do not spend get him to 5 stars. What will happen to them? Nothing. They’ll farm him when he’s farmable like they’ve done countless times before.

And think about what you’re saying - the game only exists because some people pay. Part of what they receive for that money is some sort of advantage over those that don’t pay.

Why on Earth would people continue to pay for something that doesn’t give them any advantage?

They will still have an advantage. What's the point of playing a game which is

1) is pointless in the arena when you just get destroyed by whales who need to spend spend spend to feel like their life is worth something

2) punishes those who don't spend
    And?

Are you seriously suggesting that the game should reward those that don’t spend and punish those that do?

If you can’t identify the point in playing the game, there’s one logical solution that will solve your problems instantly.

All I'm saying is make it fairer for those who don't pump money into the game.

Separate arenas and conquests
    With reduced rewards?

If you're F2P you don't get much in the way of rewards because the pathetic P2P whales push you so far down the leaderboards you might as well not bother.

100% not true

100% true.
    I get nothing in the arenas because I can't make it into the top 1000.
    If fact I'm so sick of seeing ridiculous whale teams, and the broken AI, I don't even bother with any of the arenas anymore

Maybe you just aren’t good at the game? Both my arena shards have competitive F2P players…..and I’m a day one player.

A lot of the arena crap is to do with the broken AI but that a different issue
    I have a relic 6 Jedi team Revan lead useless in the arena.

Whales aren’t the issue if you’ve been playing since launch and run JKR in arena.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    It is not a prime example of forced p2p. What will you miss out on? Do you understand what “forced” means?

There will be thousands and thousands of players who do not spend get him to 5 stars. What will happen to them? Nothing. They’ll farm him when he’s farmable like they’ve done countless times before.

And think about what you’re saying - the game only exists because some people pay. Part of what they receive for that money is some sort of advantage over those that don’t pay.

Why on Earth would people continue to pay for something that doesn’t give them any advantage?

1) is pointless in the arena when you just get destroyed by whales who need to spend spend spend to feel like their life is worth something

And?

Are you seriously suggesting that the game should reward those that don’t spend and punish those that do?

If you can’t identify the point in playing the game, there’s one logical solution that will solve your problems instantly.

With reduced rewards?

If you're F2P you don't get much in the way of rewards because the pathetic P2P whales push you so far down the leaderboards you might as well not bother.

100% not true

100% true.
    If fact I'm so sick of seeing ridiculous whale teams, and the broken AI, I don't even bother with any of the arenas anymore

Maybe you just aren’t good at the game? Both my arena shards have competitive F2P players…..and I’m a day one player.

Whales aren’t the issue if you’ve been playing since launch and run JKR in arena.

I thought he said he started after the game became p2p, which if i'm understanding the rest of the argument, was last week.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    No, but if you post it here, the community might be able to give you pointers to help you crack the top 1000 with some team changes or modding advice.

I think getting 330 Dash shards from a crystal pack is more likely than you posting your ally code, however.

I've been on tons of websites, forums and FB groups and looked at advice.
    The real answer always comes back to open your wallet.

According to the dozens of comments from my guild members and people in 2 different SWGOH FB groups the average shard drop is around 10.
    But hey whales are happy to pump their money in.
    Which guild?
  • Options

And?

With reduced rewards?

100% not true

100% true.

JKR (Lead) ****, JB, GK, GMY all at Relic 6, Tier B mods, All Zetas. 100% loss rate.
    Against what sort of team?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

And?

With reduced rewards?

100% not true

100% true.

I thought he said he started after the game became p2p, which if i'm understanding the rest of the argument, was last week.

No, in his other whine thread he said “Since the game started before it was P2P.”
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

And?

With reduced rewards?

100% not true

100% true.

No, in his other whine thread he said “Since the game started before it was P2P.”

A comma would have helped.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I left a lone wampa in for 2 and a half weeks, and only dropped to 500ish so you’ll excuse me if I don’t quite believe you can’t crack top 1000 with a jkr squad. August 2016 shard.

But to your original point, give over. The reason people pay is so they can have an advantage. Why would they bother if they don’t get one? And no, I’ve never spent. Nobody makes you spend. That’s your personal choice.
    797-722-718
  • Options

And?

With reduced rewards?

100% not true

100% true.

JKR (Lead) ****, JB, GK, GMY all at Relic 6, Tier B mods, All Zetas. 100% loss rate.
    Against what sort of team?

Any team you chose. I got destroyed by an ewok team of less than half my arena power. But that's a separate AI issue
    And an obvious lie.

• Options

And?

With reduced rewards?

100% not true

100% true.

It was always micro transactions, it now becoming more and more obviously P2P

I guess you missed aurodium packs? The ones you had to have spent $200 to even be able to get?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/16247/aurodium-data-pack#latest
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    So, if I understand this OP, you aren’t doing so well in arena and want to move the whales so you can do better in arena. Isn’t that a bit immature?

And if I am still understanding correctly, you can’t beat ANYTHING in squad arena with a full R6 JKR Jedi team with 6 dot mods and all zetas. Either you really don’t know how to use your squad, or you made that up. But either way, if you post your ally code, we can help you have a better chance of success.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Kard_1986 wrote: »
    I left a lone wampa in for 2 and a half weeks, and only dropped to 500ish so you’ll excuse me if I don’t quite believe you can’t crack top 1000 with a jkr squad. August 2016 shard.

But to your original point, give over. The reason people pay is so they can have an advantage. Why would they bother if they don’t get one? And no, I’ve never spent. Nobody makes you spend. That’s your personal choice.

My point is move the whales. They will still have an advantage but it will be better and fairer for the other players. People are quitting this game in droves because of ea's cash grab attitude.
    How will they have an advantage? They pay to get an advantage over those that don’t pay. You are suggesting that people who pay should be kept apart from people that don’t pay - so where’s the advantage?

Look, I can understand your dislike for people that pay. I can understand, to a point, your dislike of the introduction of a 5* tier in marquee events.

But I don’t understand how you expect us to believe that someone so seemingly disengaged with the game still cares enough to make an account on the forum to complaint about this issue.

And also your claim that a full r6 JKR squad lost to ewoks in arena is just plain insulting.
  • Options
    Kard_1986 wrote: »

My point is move the whales. They will still have an advantage but it will be better and fairer for the other players. People are quitting this game in droves because of ea's cash grab attitude.
    How will they have an advantage? They pay to get an advantage over those that don’t pay. You are suggesting that people who pay should be kept apart from people that don’t pay - so where’s the advantage?

Look, I can understand your dislike for people that pay. I can understand, to a point, your dislike of the introduction of a 5* tier in marquee events.

But I don’t understand how you expect us to believe that someone so seemingly disengaged with the game still cares enough to make an account on the forum to complaint about this issue.

And also your claim that a full r6 JKR squad lost to ewoks in arena is just plain insulting.

I created an account to get some tips and I was trying to provide feedback.

And yes it is insulting that the ewoks won. but I've come to expect that from the crappy arena.
    The AI being such a baby it has to win a t all costs. But that's a different issue.
    No you didn’t. You created an account to make a tired old complaint.

And you continue to insult us with this Ewoks lie.

I am done feeding this particular troll, who doesn’t have the decency to share their ally code.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    The people paying so you can play a game for free are ruining the game for you is an…interesting take
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Adding my input into this…

Losing to Ewoks in arena (highly doubt anyone would be doing that even at rank 1000) while fielding reliced Jedi under JKR with all their zetas is impossible unless in 2 circumstances: you game crashes or the timer ran out.

If you’re thinking of Galactic Conquest, that’s a whole different field, in which case Ewoks are incredibly dangerous.

With regards to P2P v F2P, any game like this would have the advantage go to the whales. Reason why? The game wouldn’t be able to be F2P otherwise. The new marquees have a bonus tier that requires you to 5* the new characters in order to get 3 omnicrons. For one thing, that’s hardly an “advantage”. Secondly, if you don’t spend to get them to 5*, can you still play the game? Yes…
  • Options

And?

With reduced rewards?

100% not true

100% true.

I place daily 1st in both arenas, unless i am busy. 100% f2p

https://swgoh.gg/p/897311786/

Your point isn’t really valid
  • Options
    Adding my input into this…

Losing to Ewoks in arena (highly doubt anyone would be doing that even at rank 1000) while fielding reliced Jedi under JKR with all their zetas is impossible unless in 2 circumstances: you game crashes or the timer ran out.

If you’re thinking of Galactic Conquest, that’s a whole different field, in which case Ewoks are incredibly dangerous.

With regards to P2P v F2P, any game like this would have the advantage go to the whales. Reason why? The game wouldn’t be able to be F2P otherwise. The new marquees have a bonus tier that requires you to 5* the new characters in order to get 3 omnicrons. For one thing, that’s hardly an “advantage”. Secondly, if you don’t spend to get them to 5*, can you still play the game? Yes…

It's not just ewoks, I haven't won in the arena in months. Not this year I think.
    The arena AI is broken. I can go up against any team with no synergy and lower squad power and lose.
    I've fought teams with the same composition as mine, with 50,000 les power and lost.
    Why do you think I don't bother with the arena? Just hit outplay. It's pointless otherwise. Waste of time and energy.

As far as the advantage going to the whales this game exploits it massively. Other games like this are much fairer in how players are ranked, arena opponents and compete with each other.

I've never seen another game with such pathetically low drop rates and such a push toward pay to play.

So quit then.

If you can’t win with a full relic JKR team (which remains an obvious lie) then you are beyond redemption.

Any chance you’ll post that ally code?
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »

And?

With reduced rewards?

100% not true

100% true.

It's totally valid because it comes from my experience in the arena. A section of the game I only do because of the daily.
    Pick an opponent nd hit autoplay totally pointless to waste any time on the arena.

No, it’s not valid. You just clarified what you want to happen, you want to go to arena, use the biggest gp team and auto anyone.

If you have been playing since launch, which is about 6 months longer than me approximately, then you should know, that to be competitive, you actually have to think about what you are doing and not hit auto.

Arena, especially when you aren’t using a meta team is all about strategy.

I can guarantee that a jkr team, modded properly will get you top 200-300, but your going to be lucky to go higher than that.

If you feel like some advice and don’t want to publicly share your gg page, dm me and I’ll go through it for you and tell you what to change and how to win in your arena.

@TommoTommo1234

If your not interested in help from anyone then I’m going to presume your a troll and just ignore you.
  • Options
    Also, again, I’m not a whale, I’m f2p - the group your saying is struggling - I have double firsts every day.
  • Options
    I am one of the first to complain and be anti CG in terms of their monetisation of the game itself but in that, i expect that CG will provide a playing platform that is easily accessible and that CG take responsibility for that they take money from p2p players and then translate that into a fully functional for all whether f2p or p2p.

Now, we mention whales in this. If it were not for the whales (who will incidentally earn patreon incomes) who else would have the time to research the many teams possible, create the youtube videos on how to overcome events, create discord bots and help even the most basic beginners in where to begin with mods, zetas and whatever else that occurs in this game. Yes, it is likely that there is a small % of players literally spending a hell of a lot of money' but there is likely an income from their followers that negates that spending.

So can we cut whales off? Definitely not, is the game playable as f2p? Yes. It depends on how you feel you develop alongside your peers. What does not help in anyway, is that CG release characters routinely, update the game often which is great for the whales but a large part of the gaming community is left languishing trying to catch up (or even feel as if they can compete) but the game is designed to incite people feeling left so that they do spend but you will never catch up, this argument will never have a conclusion as both f2p, p2p or whales have different perspectives of what aims they feel should be achievable. If someone with reliced characters cant make by 1000 in arena there is an issue, not with the game, but the user who may not be adaptable to the concepts that the game changes throughout its lifespan. At this moment, there is about 50 odd selling packs so it does prey on some people, akin to a betting company or alcohol brand but generally its down to users as to how they feel about spending on games.

So i would suggest that we do not criticise those who do spend (they ultimately help the game exist) but the creators and developers of the game and remind them that they have an ethical and moral duty to be aware that people become addicted, get dependent on the 'need' for visible progression and not to abuse that (i.e 5 pop ups within 5 minutes to buy a pack)
  • Options

And?

With reduced rewards?

100% not true

100% true.

It's totally valid because it comes from my experience in the arena. A section of the game I only do because of the daily.
    Pick an opponent nd hit autoplay totally pointless to waste any time on the arena.

No, it’s not valid. You just clarified what you want to happen, you want to go to arena, use the biggest gp team and auto anyone.

If you have been playing since launch, which is about 6 months longer than me approximately, then you should know, that to be competitive, you actually have to think about what you are doing and not hit auto.

Arena, especially when you aren’t using a meta team is all about strategy.

I can guarantee that a jkr team, modded properly will get you top 200-300, but your going to be lucky to go higher than that.

If you feel like some advice and don’t want to publicly share your gg page, dm me and I’ll go through it for you and tell you what to change and how to win in your arena.

@TommoTommo1234

If your not interested in help from anyone then I’m going to presume your a troll and just ignore you.

i used to spend my time playing properl,. but it was pointless. Hence the autoplay now.
    And hence the lie that your JKR team lost to Ewoks.