• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Intrapido wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Thats a state of the galaxy? 2 new ships with no details,
    No details?

Do you know if they are attacker, support or tank?

Do you know if they are coming this month or not?

Do you know if what faction they are?

Do you know some of their abilities? (FO Attackers go in stealth, Resistance bomber does massive damage after some time)

You are right we know no details about them

If thats enough for you in a state of galaxy post thats your thing, for me everything cg does is underwhelming or bad at best. If we get a post about the direction of the game for months to come i expect way more than some useless post like that.

You may be confusing State of the Galaxy and Road ahead. RA covers several upcoming months, and we should get one soon(ish). SotG basically serves as a place to announce stuff whenever they feel like it.
  • Options
    So basically state of the galaxy posts are mostly useless in that regard or any other, its just a fancy word for a character release. :D
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Thats a state of the galaxy? 2 new ships with no details,
    No details?

Do you know if they are attacker, support or tank?

Do you know if they are coming this month or not?

Do you know if what faction they are?

Do you know some of their abilities? (FO Attackers go in stealth, Resistance bomber does massive damage after some time)

You are right we know no details about them

If thats enough for you in a state of galaxy post thats your thing, for me everything cg does is underwhelming or bad at best. If we get a post about the direction of the game for months to come i expect way more than some useless post like that.

You may be confusing State of the Galaxy and Road ahead. RA covers several upcoming months, and we should get one soon(ish). SotG basically serves as a place to announce stuff whenever they feel like it.

Here is CG's meaning of both
    RA = Road Ahead: "A Road Ahead is when we’ve got a new chapter of content to announce or something huge and exciting to announce (approximately once a quarter). Road Ahead is about driving hype and excitement around something cool and new."
    SoTG = State of the Galaxy: "Can be where we discuss how things are going in the game and go deeper into our intentions."

We were due a RA in JAN, but the "approximately" is their "Whenever we want to" clause.
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    The galaxy is in a state.

I don’t know how they managed to write so much, and say so little.

It's a gift. Lol

boromir-gift.gif
    hello
  • Options
    it will be most interesting to see what they do with gl's going forward, it would cool if we got han solo, leia ,dooku etc as GL's but we got them already. can't wait for RA.
  • RTS
    683 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Why did they make a FO transport ship a tank? Will the FO Tie Pilot go with it?

Why did they make a Resistance bomber a tank? Will the Resistance Pilot go with it?

I'm pretty sure they will be pilotless ships.

Figures

Has been confirmed to have pilots btw, just not sure who.
  • HKFactory
    374 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    My thoughts here are this, Ninth Sister and other inquisitors could be interesting, but I will miss the legends content and hope that it won’t be too long before it’s touched upon again, since that’s where a lot of my personal favorite content comes from.

Not a fan of ships or conquest.

I despise this “power hierarchy” and have absolutely zero interest in chasing “metas.” I want to use, and succeed with characters I like, not be told or “encouraged” to go out of my way, wasting a ton of my time chasing after specific characters that I probably don’t even care about and probably won’t even want to use even if I got them, like every single galactic legend barring Kenobi and Lord Vader, both of whom I have no chance of getting because of the steep relic requirements that are way out of reach.
  • Options
    RTS wrote: »
    Has been confirmed to have pilots

Source?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Why did they make a FO transport ship a tank? Will the FO Tie Pilot go with it?

Why did they make a Resistance bomber a tank? Will the Resistance Pilot go with it?

Been a few bombers become tanks. Tie bomber, both Y-wings, hyena. So I guess same logic applied here.

Ok, but a troop transport ship?
    HKFactory wrote: »
    My thoughts here are this, Ninth Sister and other inquisitors could be interesting, but I will miss the legends content and hope that it won’t be too long before it’s touched upon again, since that’s where a lot of my personal favorite content comes from.

Not a fan of ships or conquest.

I despise this “power hierarchy” and have absolutely zero interest in chasing “metas.” I want to use, and succeed with characters I like, not be told or “encouraged” to go out of my way, wasting a ton of my time chasing after specific characters that I probably don’t even care about and probably won’t even want to use even if I got them, like every single galactic legend barring Kenobi and Lord Vader, both of whom I have no chance of getting because of the steep relic requirements that are way out of reach.

This is not the game for you then
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • HKFactory
    374 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Why, because I care more about my ability to have fun than about the meta?
  • Options

yes

you can have fun still
    hello
  • Wed_Santa
    1000 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Source?

It was from Doja in a Q&A on Discord
    pw0vzmxh5u6t.png
  • Options
    So if these ships are to be released this month, aren’t they cutting it close to do two galactic chases? Or are they planning two galactic chases at the same time and making us choose which one to go after?
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    So if these ships are to be released this month, aren’t they cutting it close to do two galactic chases? Or are they planning two galactic chases at the same time and making us choose which one to go after?

I wouldn't put it past them to make the latter decision. If they weren't doing it, I hope you didn't just give them the idea :joy:
  • Options

You can have fun and do what you want but you will be sacrificing crystals and gear along the way. As long as you are ok with that then build up whatever team is fun for you but dont come on here complaining you cant defeat any teams.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

Would it be too much to ask that our Community Manager post a summary of important information disclosed in unofficial platforms?
  • Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

Would it be too much to ask that our Community Manager post a summary of important information disclosed in unofficial platforms?

We need three community managers to unlock that feature….
  • Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

Shouldn't be necessary. Doja clarified Discord isn't a replacement for Q&As or game info a few weeks ago. Not sure when we'll get more communication, but it's supposed to be here.

ap0majz2adzw.png
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

Shouldn't be necessary. Doja clarified Discord isn't a replacement for Q&As or game info a few weeks ago. Not sure when we'll get more communication, but it's supposed to be here.

ap0majz2adzw.png

If you believe any of that, then prepare yourself for disappointment. Those words have been flying around since he took over and we are complaining about communication more than ever. “Working on ways to blah blah blah”. Just words with no action. Wonder why they dont post something like that here? It’s like they purposefully disregard these forums…wonder why.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

ap0majz2adzw.png

If you believe any of that, then prepare yourself for disappointment. Those words have been flying around since he took over and we are complaining about communication more than ever. “Working on ways to blah blah blah”. Just words with no action. Wonder why they dont post something like that here? It’s like they purposefully disregard these forums…wonder why.

Yeah, remember how Doja promised some better alternative to Q&As? The result is no more Q&As with no alternative, and it's been so long that players stopped asking about it. That seems to be the general MO - make promises and then delay until everyone forgets.
  • Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

Regardless of what the intentions might be, at this point Discord is a de facto replacement for Q&As, since updates are only posted here once in a blue moon.

• Options
    why do you all care so much what the cms say since you also complain whatever they say isnt right or true or never happens
    hello
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

I don't think they have the bandwidth but I think we can create a closed sticky thread in General Discussion, that is repeatedly updated by a mod with more information, and we can have a corresponding thread to talk about what was recently said in Doja's visits
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

ap0majz2adzw.png

Yeah, remember how Doja promised some better alternative to Q&As? The result is no more Q&As with no alternative, and it's been so long that players stopped asking about it. That seems to be the general MO - make promises and then delay until everyone forgets.
    I'm pretty sure this was the alternative:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/238313/solicitation-for-topics-of-interest/p1
  • Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

ap0majz2adzw.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/238313/solicitation-for-topics-of-interest/p1

That pretty much sums what we are talking about. That thread has died a horrible forgotten death a long time ago. CG says one thing and doesn’t follow through, over and over again.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

ap0majz2adzw.png

This is a joke, right? That thread is completely useless. If it is an alternative, it's not a better one.
  • Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

ap0majz2adzw.png

No, the alternative ended up being a series of trivia videos with Operation Metaverse last spring. But it was a complete dud that barely anyone bothered to watch, so Doja apparently had to go back to the drawing board. It's been almost a year so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just abandoned it entirely
  • Options

Source?

pw0vzmxh5u6t.png

ap0majz2adzw.png

No, the alternative ended up being a series of trivia videos with Operation Metaverse last spring. But it was a complete dud that barely anyone bothered to watch, so Doja apparently had to go back to the drawing board. It's been almost a year so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just abandoned it entirely

Lol that was hilarious. Mobile Gamer told them they do not get to select who is the top content creator, but they tried real hard instead of listening to him xD
  • Options
    One real thing I want is a 24-hour (or 22) review period at the end of Territory Battles.

We have it for Territory War and Grand Arena.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    One real thing I want is a 24-hour (or 22) review period at the end of Territory Battles.

We have it for Territory War and Grand Arena.

Yes, that would be nice. But probably pretty hard to do.
This discussion has been closed.