QuiGon Omi can't save team from Mando?

Replies

• Options
    They responded to the bug report.

Destroy effects are intended to bypass the omicron. h4hwiuhimdjg.jpg

Then the description is not correct and is grounds for a refund. How much more can be changed without “altering the identity”?

Unreal.
  • Options
    By the Sih.. Just read it as it should be read which is "Can't be defeated by damage" and so destroy effects can still do their job. Stop making such a fuzz about it, that's nothing but unintentional bad wording and nothing more.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Then the description is not correct and is grounds for a refund. How much more can be changed without “altering the identity”?

Unreal.

I think the description should be updated to "cannot drop below 1% health" and that's it, at best

No need for refund or anything like such since it always functioned like that, and is coded to function like that
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    [/I think the description should be updated to "cannot drop below 1% health" and that's it

No it's not as SLKR mentions in his Ultimate that he can't be defeated and that's true by any means. They need to reword it to "Can't be defeated by damage" for QGJ and others that can still be destroyed or rewrite all descriptions entirely.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

Unreal.

I think the description should be updated to "cannot drop below 1% health" and that's it, at best

No need for refund or anything like such since it always functioned like that, and is coded to function like that

But that’s not what the description is.

So their reason for not giving us the omicron materials back was that they didn’t change his identity enough. Interesting…let’s see….

First they said his damage boost was bugged. Ok fine. Well that wasn’t true, it was too powerful for their liking. So they went and changed how it calculated. While they were at it, they also added in that it doesn’t work with GL’s present in battle. Now the description that reads “can’t be defeated” isn’t right so they need to change it to reflect how it’s coded. So now jedi can be Insta killed with QGJ alive and with no GL’s even though that’s not how it was sold to us.

So yes, this new chapter in the QGJ omicron fiasco renews the need for them to make this right. There’s no excuse for there to be this much change to QGJ and have the audacity to tell us that his identity is still the same when they sold us his omicron originally.
  • Options
    Okay, this decision faces two major challenges:

1) explain how unending loyalty is protecting gainst Chimaera ultimate which it does btw and comb these two statements into a coherent logical system
    2) Explain how "instant defeat" is not a subcategory of "defeat" and how is that not counter-intuitive

The last time I have seen such a Bastila Shan was when Kyno told us Daze can prevent buffs because the characters are grateful to each other.
  • Options

Unreal.

So their reason for not giving us the omicron materials back was that they didn’t change his identity enough. Interesting…let’s see….

First they said his damage boost was bugged. Ok fine. Well that wasn’t true, it was too powerful for their liking. So they went and changed how it calculated. While they were at it, they also added in that it doesn’t work with GL’s present in battle. Now the description that reads “can’t be defeated” isn’t right so they need to change it to reflect how it’s coded. So now jedi can be Insta killed with QGJ alive and with no GL’s even though that’s not how it was sold to us.

So yes, this new chapter in the QGJ omicron fiasco renews the need for them to make this right. There’s no excuse for there to be this much change to QGJ and have the audacity to tell us that his identity is still the same when they sold us his omicron originally.

Except this isn't new. It has always functioned this way.

If you haven't noticed it until someone else posted about it, it's mustn't matter that much.
  • Options

Unreal.

Except this isn't new. It has always functioned this way.

If you haven't noticed it until someone else posted about it, it's mustn't matter that much.

Omicrons are scarce resource, and the GAC interactions are limited due to their frequency. This is not an everyday interaction to miss. It does matter.
  • Naver666
    292 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Rather than have some Mumbo Jumbo explaination about how things magicaly word here and not there and some nitpicking about this word and that word i would like them to explain, in Detail, what they wanted QGJ's omicron to do, what mechanics they planned it to work towards and against and what testing, calculating or simulating they did to satisfy their very own treshholds
  • Options
    Naver666 wrote: »
    Rather than have some Mumbo Jumbo explaination about how things magicaly word here and not there and some nitpicking about this word and that word i would like them to explain, in Detail, what they wanted QGJ's omicron to do, what mechanics they planned it to work towards and against and what testing, calculating or simulating they did to satisfy their very own treshholds

1: Other Jedi can't be defeated by regular battle with said Omicron
    2: They can still be instantly taken out by destroy effects aka Nihilus' Annihilate, Mando's Desintegrate and CAT's very first Force Leap
    Every ability that is able to "detroy" a unit will still work and that's about it. "Destroy" effects don't have a damage check and just overcome the enemy character and except GL's nothing can withstand it in PvP.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »

If this decision stands i am soo done with these bloody ****.

Let us know how it goes

Judging just by the posts in this forum, the majority of the forum members have already quit the game, and a good portion of those several times over somehow.
  • Options
    As someone previously said, can't be defeated means their health can't drop below 1, resulting in their defeat. Destroy effects have always been used to instantly destroy units. I don't see why an omicron on one unit should totally ruin the main abilities of a small number of units. If you don't like it, don't use QGJ against mando or nihilus. If you're complaining that they are beaten on defence by a non-GL team, not every omicron is designed to make the teams unbeatable and even if there is the odd counter, it is still one of the better omicrons.
  • Options
    ..., can't be defeated means their health can't drop below 1, ...

But it doesn't always mean that. The ambiguity is frustrating. Now, I don't think this is as big a deal as some. But I do think CG should put more effort into their kit descriptions. We shouldn't have to go to the swgoh.gg page to know when "can't be defeated" means health can't drop below 1 and which mean cannot be defeated.
  • Options
    Can we make that EA Customer Service/Tech Support Rep the new community manager?

He somehow got the answers and clarification that CG has never been able to provide. Amazing. Give that man a raise.
  • Options
    As someone previously said, can't be defeated means their health can't drop below 1, resulting in their defeat. Destroy effects have always been used to instantly destroy units.

Okay explain unending loyalty vs chimaera, go.
  • Options
    As someone previously said, can't be defeated means their health can't drop below 1, resulting in their defeat. Destroy effects have always been used to instantly destroy units.

Okay explain unending loyalty vs chimaera, go.

I would have to assume they made an exception as a counter to Chimaera. I don't work for CG so I can't say for sure why it's different.
  • Options

Let us know how it goes

I meant the EA tech members, but thank you for your trolling.

Misunderstanding equals trolling?

What is with this place
    hello
  • Options
    Not even sure I misunderstood

Point was it wont be changed and it is very obvious

No trolling here
    hello
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

Let us know how it goes

Judging just by the posts in this forum, the majority of the forum members have already quit the game, and a good portion of those several times over somehow.
    Who would quit the game and then still keep posting on the game's forum

Can't even fathom what kind of person would do that
  • Options

Let us know how it goes

What is with this place

No, making cynical comments with no meaningful contribution equals trolling, and it really doesnt matter if it is driven by ignorance or malevolance. This is something Ultra doesnt get either so you would not be the first.

Back to the point: the EA tech supports arent developers, sometimes they misinterpret things, sometimes the devs give them answers that save some work, but are not logically coherent.

These answer can be and has been challenged in the past with some minor successes, but it was more than nothing.

It happens rather often that you are given a nonsensical answer, and if you let it slip, and accept the Bastila Shan, then the case is closed and for them the easiest solution will be always the one that does not include work.

The unending loyalty and the qgj omicron do not form a coherent logical system and they need to be called out on this, without bashing someone personally, until they fix it.

Simple enough.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

Let us know how it goes

What is with this place
    Back to the point: the EA tech supports arent developers, sometimes they misinterpret things, sometimes the devs give them answers that save some work, but are not logically coherent.
    How can you be sure they are misinterpreting things and didn't get a dev confirmation?

The developers, LITERALLY, added destroy effects to bypass QGJ's omicron ability when they released QGJ's omicron

See:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2340525/#Comment_2340525
  • Options
    I dont think i stated that I am sure of it. As a matter of fact i can spot the word "sometimes" which intentionally weakens my own argument to keep it true.

What I stated, and I can back it up easily, that there has been misinterpretation in the past that has been successfully challanged.

I also stated that qgj and unending loyalty are not logically coherent.

Finally, the devs are usually not philosophers: they can speak of their own intentions, but it doesnt mean the things they created are coherent.

Generally speaking programmers think in systems and logical arguments, and they also tend to enjoy these things, so more often than not they can be convinced of your point, if you are making strong and valid arguments.

But sometimes it is also true, they are willing to think really hard to create nonexistant theories that keeps everything as it is. This is when you come up with the grateful characters theory... And the self-inflicted deathmark theory... And the rest of it...
  • Options
    I think sometimes the devs worry these ability descriptions are becoming too wordy, so they eliminate pertinent info such as “not being defeated (except destroy effects)”.

I agree a lot of the ability descriptors are becoming bloated, but there is a better solution:

Create an online guide that clearly defines these “unstoppable force” vs “immovable object” scenarios. Who wins “cannot be resisted” vs “cannot suffer negative status effect” matchups, etc.

Link it to the newsletter section in game. It’ll decrease ability text description bloat, while creating a clear, definitive guide that provides answers and accurately sets expectations when new abilities are released.
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    I think sometimes the devs worry these ability descriptions are becoming too wordy, so they eliminate pertinent info such as “not being defeated (except destroy effects)”.

I agree a lot of the ability descriptors are becoming bloated, but there is a better solution:

Create an online guide that clearly defines these “unstoppable force” vs “immovable object” scenarios. Who wins “cannot be resisted” vs “cannot suffer negative status effect” matchups, etc.

Link it to the newsletter section in game. It’ll decrease ability text description bloat, while creating a clear, definitive guide that provides answers and accurately sets expectations when new abilities are released.

Too expensive
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »

This would be a great idea, but it would probably turn out to be too much work for CG to implement.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options

Let us know how it goes

What is with this place
    How can you be sure they are misinterpreting things and didn't get a dev confirmation?

The developers, LITERALLY, added destroy effects to bypass QGJ's omicron ability when they released QGJ's omicron

See:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2340525/#Comment_2340525

Oh yeah I definitely knew that when I red the kit. Just like you right? When you posted earlier that reading it to say “can’t be defeated” meant that so long as QGJ or GL’s were present that other jedi couldn’t be defeated…oh wait…you thought it was a bug too until reading into the code on a third party site. Hmmmm guess we gotta do that for all the kits now because CG can’t be bothered to put out ability descriptions that are clear.
  • Options
    Who would quit the game and then still keep posting on the game's forum

Can't even fathom what kind of person would do that
    I feel like I‘m missing some sort of Meta-joke.

• Options

Unreal.

Lol we belive its still the same kit so no refunds good bye 😆
  • Options
    Today we learned you can “destroy” someone yet not “defeat” them. It probably makes more sense in the French translation.
  • Options
    They marked this topic for further investigation.

Even if they stand beside their previous decision, at least they will have to give it a second thought.

So for all intents and purposes the case might be resting, but officially it is not closed.

It's not much but it's honest work. In my book this is close to a win.