Mace's rework confusion

Prev13
Devian
671 posts Member
With Mace's rework at hand, will Low Vader be able to get through Kenobi team at TW?
Currently Lord Vader + Maul barely manages to defeat Kenobi with cat, same as MLuke, but with such a boost to Kenobi will he be able to win with at least 16 banners?

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Won't know until it happens. Out of precaution perhaps save your JMK for offense.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Devian wrote: »
    With Mace's rework at hand, will Low Vader be able to get through Kenobi team at TW?
    Currently Lord Vader + Maul barely manages to defeat Kenobi with cat, same as MLuke, but with such a boost to Kenobi will he be able to win with at least 16 banners?

You're already assuming 2 things. One, that they will use Mace with JMK, and 2 that they will put him on defense.

I wouldn't worry about something here before it even happens.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

You're already assuming 2 things. One, that they will use Mace with JMK, and 2 that they will put him on defense.

They also assume a third thing, which is that someone from CG has actually tested Mace and is able to answer their question.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

They also assume a third thing, which is that someone from CG has actually tested Mace and is able to answer their question.

That's why we won't know until we see.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Are they going to rework the Endurance as well?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »

There hasn't been any indication of such, that I know of.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options

Stat manipulation is a very strong mechanic and While Kenobi is a GL and Mace has TW omicron that requires GL Jedi allies it's no braner to assume that Kenobi's team becomes much stronger at tw. This leads to only one question - who can counter Kenobi's team at TW if currently their are quite few weak counters besides a mirror team.
    Precaution is something that helps to evade disaster.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Stat manipulation is a very strong mechanic and While Kenobi is a GL and Mace has TW omicron that requires GL Jedi allies it's no braner to assume that Kenobi's team becomes much stronger at tw. This leads to only one question - who can counter Kenobi's team at TW if currently their are quite few weak counters besides a mirror team.

Precautions are pointless if there's nothing you do about it. We aren't talking about wearing a helmet while dirt bike riding, we're talking about if our video game might get harder.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Maces omicron doesn’t require GR Jedi allies,

Although I get what ur saying since his reg unique grants GR Jedi allies foresight for 1 turn whenever an enemy with shatter point is damaged, and since his omicron applies shatterpoint during every ally turn, it would cause a frenzy of foresight.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options

No supporting ship either ...
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    The real question we should be asking is, how long will it take until CG nerfs Mace?

It’s practically inevitable based off of their track record
  • Options
    Given their track record, they probably haven't tested Mace in a JMK team.
    So they dont know the answer either.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    [Precautions are pointless if there's nothing you do about it.
    asking devs to answer concerns about Long Vader is something players can do.

• Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Maces omicron doesn’t require GR Jedi allies,
    ok, it requires LS allies to decrease enemy's stats and while they are GRJ, they'll gain foresight and heal themselves each time the deal dmg to enemy with shatterpoint..And with TW omicron - each turn.

• Options

I wouldn't expect that. That ship is completely replaced by Negotiator, and is barely even worth using even before you have Negotiator.
  • Options

long vader?
    hello
  • Options

long vader?

Cousin of Low Vader
  • Options

long vader?

Cousin of Low Vader

too many vaders
    hello
  • Options

too many vaders

Invasion of the Vaders.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Options

too many vaders

Invasion of the Vaders.

In-Vaders?
  • Options
    In-law Vaders.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    LoL Vader?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Long? Do tell!
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Long? Do tell!

Palpy hooked him up with longer legs?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Banging your head against the wall is also something players can do.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Long? Do tell!

Ask Padmé
  • Options
    I’m holding out any excitement for mace … they have been radio silent since the interview and have yet to post anything official on here. I wouldn’t put it past CG to be messing with us. Most likely scenario is they don’t upgrade his kit until after conquest and TW. IIRC he has a TW Omni so updating his kit and allowing folks to use it right away is not a CG move.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I’m holding out any excitement for mace … they have been radio silent since the interview and have yet to post anything official on here. I wouldn’t put it past CG to be messing with us. Most likely scenario is they don’t upgrade his kit until after conquest and TW. IIRC he has a TW Omni so updating his kit and allowing folks to use it right away is not a CG move.

Radio silent...over the weekend... yeah, weird
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Yeah it’s so strange how they haven’t said anything during the weekend, very strange really, it’s honestly so strange that I literally can’t wrap my head around why they aren’t working when it’s their day off & they aren’t being paid.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    How abt Vader unmasked ?