Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    K4 (was K2 at the start) here.
    The result usually decided at the ground stage, rarely comes into ships...

So yes, I dont care.

Maybe ignoring ships is why you went from K2 to K4?

In the higher teirs of kyber the match is often decided by how many attempts it takes to clear (or who fails to clear) Exec. With 3 defensive fleets required this will be exasperated, as you only get two attempts with any kind of real fleet (assuming you have a complete roster of ships and geared crew members) to clear Exec, and with the recent AI changes the former counters are maybe 50% at a one-shot at best, down from 70% or so. This is a problem and to not see it is to continue to be bumped down until you're out of kyber.

If you don’t like to have the match decided by how many attempts it takes to clear Exec and are afraid it will be exasperated, you can keep Exec for offense.

Except you again miss the point.

Exec matchups are entirely RNG based for the most part. Mirror matches? RNG.

Echelon FO? No guarantee to one shot and only better chances for the two shot instead of malevolence.

The issue? One bad dodge, one ridiculous bug and guess what? It’s over. One single 2nd attempt.

In my GAC matchup today if they had 3 fleets I’d have no shot to win my matchup because my Exec mirror match was decided by who the R9 piett decided to blast down. No way to clean that up then since that matchup immediately ended.

I’m sure your response will be to R9 my piett but that doesn’t matter. It’s still a coin flip on who goes first and then who gets swarmed. So no. This isn’t the right time for more fleets and CG is foolish to think otherwise. Whether it’s to induce panic/anger spending or whatever, it’s a bad move.
    “Entirely” RNG?! Come on, who are you kidding?

So if my piett and my opponent have the same R9 piett, and both our Bando’s are R7, and their team goes first and blasts my RC away before i even get a move simply because the coin flip went in their favor, how is that not RNG based?

The beginning of the match if all relic levels are the same is an RNG coin flip. How is that not entirely decided by RNG? It also is RNG based on who the AI decided to swarm no?
    Hang on a second… your r7 RC is blasted away before you even move? Are you telling me that this has happened to you once? More than once? Every time you don’t go first?

My RC is r5 (only 5/6 6 dot mods), Piett is only r8 and this has absolutely never ever happened to me. If the opponent goes first (which it does more often than not in a shard brimming with r9 Piett) my RC doesn’t even lose the Unending Loyalty buff. Then I can apply taunt with HT and heal RC immediately.

You’re trying to prove your point by inventing a situation that doesn’t match up to what people actually experience when they play the game.

That literally just happened to me in my GAC matchup today. Went in for a mirror match and before i even got a turn my RC was gone. So it was DOA. Does it happen every time? No of course not. But there are so many factors that can go the wrong way based on chance that in my mind it’s an RNG fest, as I said, almost entirely based on RNG. Even if their Piett went first, if they didn’t blast down RC, or if XB didn’t double tap one of those times, or if my RC got a dodge, or if anything worked out I could’ve recovered. Maybe. But then there’s more chance and RNG after that.

But here’s the main point, not to get caught on semantics over how much RNG is based in the matchup. I lost that matchup. Now i have only one shot to clean that ship. Not 3 as I currently have. That’s not ok. There’s not enough ships for full fleets and quite frankly, the endurance is a garbage capital ship.
    You sure it was a mirror match? You sure opponent didn’t have IG in the starting lineup?

I don’t believe that your RC with higher relic BAM than mine can die before you take a turn against the classic HT, XB, RC lineup. Sorry - it’s something I do far too many times a day without this happening for it to be possible.
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

In the higher teirs of kyber the match is often decided by how many attempts it takes to clear (or who fails to clear) Exec. With 3 defensive fleets required this will be exasperated, as you only get two attempts with any kind of real fleet (assuming you have a complete roster of ships and geared crew members) to clear Exec, and with the recent AI changes the former counters are maybe 50% at a one-shot at best, down from 70% or so. This is a problem and to not see it is to continue to be bumped down until you're out of kyber.

If you don’t like to have the match decided by how many attempts it takes to clear Exec and are afraid it will be exasperated, you can keep Exec for offense.

Echelon FO? No guarantee to one shot and only better chances for the two shot instead of malevolence.

The issue? One bad dodge, one ridiculous bug and guess what? It’s over. One single 2nd attempt.

In my GAC matchup today if they had 3 fleets I’d have no shot to win my matchup because my Exec mirror match was decided by who the R9 piett decided to blast down. No way to clean that up then since that matchup immediately ended.

I’m sure your response will be to R9 my piett but that doesn’t matter. It’s still a coin flip on who goes first and then who gets swarmed. So no. This isn’t the right time for more fleets and CG is foolish to think otherwise. Whether it’s to induce panic/anger spending or whatever, it’s a bad move.

So if my piett and my opponent have the same R9 piett, and both our Bando’s are R7, and their team goes first and blasts my RC away before i even get a move simply because the coin flip went in their favor, how is that not RNG based?

The beginning of the match if all relic levels are the same is an RNG coin flip. How is that not entirely decided by RNG? It also is RNG based on who the AI decided to swarm no?
    Hang on a second… your r7 RC is blasted away before you even move? Are you telling me that this has happened to you once? More than once? Every time you don’t go first?

My RC is r5 (only 5/6 6 dot mods), Piett is only r8 and this has absolutely never ever happened to me. If the opponent goes first (which it does more often than not in a shard brimming with r9 Piett) my RC doesn’t even lose the Unending Loyalty buff. Then I can apply taunt with HT and heal RC immediately.

You’re trying to prove your point by inventing a situation that doesn’t match up to what people actually experience when they play the game.

That literally just happened to me in my GAC matchup today. Went in for a mirror match and before i even got a turn my RC was gone. So it was DOA. Does it happen every time? No of course not. But there are so many factors that can go the wrong way based on chance that in my mind it’s an RNG fest, as I said, almost entirely based on RNG. Even if their Piett went first, if they didn’t blast down RC, or if XB didn’t double tap one of those times, or if my RC got a dodge, or if anything worked out I could’ve recovered. Maybe. But then there’s more chance and RNG after that.

But here’s the main point, not to get caught on semantics over how much RNG is based in the matchup. I lost that matchup. Now i have only one shot to clean that ship. Not 3 as I currently have. That’s not ok. There’s not enough ships for full fleets and quite frankly, the endurance is a garbage capital ship.
    You sure it was a mirror match? You sure opponent didn’t have IG in the starting lineup?

I don’t believe that your RC with higher relic BAM than mine can die before you take a turn against the classic HT, XB, RC lineup. Sorry - it’s something I do far too many times a day without this happening for it to be possible.

It’s happened in both situations, with IG in the starting lineup and with HT there as well. Far more often with IG if they go first which puts even more weight on the coin flip of who goes first no?
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

It’s happened in both situations, with IG in the starting lineup and with HT there as well. Far more often with IG if they go first which puts even more weight on the coin flip of who goes first no?
    Again, I’m not buying that it has ever happened to you when HT is in the starting lineup. What lineup was it this time?
  • Options
    I’m winning 95% of all my battles in Fleet Arena with a R8 Piett vs R9 Piett etc….
    What’s all this RNG nonsense above?
    As long as your Xanadu Blood is faster than your RC + you have Ebon Hawk it doesn’t matter if the enemy goes first.
    I’ve also no idea how the people above are losing RC in the opening?? It’s not RNG imho
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

I don’t think so. I don’t have data, but i would guess that you have more chances to win a mirror Exec than a counter Exec. So by keeping your Exec for offense, you raise your chance to clear enemy territory. Even if you’re right and it’s a rng fest, you still have better odds.

What would be concerning would be if data showed that Executor mirrors are a 50% winrate or so, because it would clearly shows a rng issue. Barring that, it’s a personal strategic choice based on your success in mirrors and your success with counters (and the success of your opponents versus your own Exec on D if it’s the strategy you fancy).
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

Again, I’m not buying that it has ever happened to you when HT is in the starting lineup. What lineup was it this time?

In the GAC it was IG and it got blasted out. I had a fleet arena match earlier and it happened with HT. Like I said far more often with IG than HT but that still plays into the RNG problems
  • Options
    This meta is definitely more RNG based than most. Obviously skill and gear can reduce the negative RNG impact, but that doesn’t reduce its significance.

There’s so many rolls that have the chance to go poorly: coin toss to go first, 70% chance to attack twice, resists (and cleanse not to applying), an untimely buff immunity landing on HT, XB coming out of stealth at the start and getting focused down by RC (and killed by Boba reinforcing), dodges (especially right before getting the ultimate off, or right before opponent’s Exec uses heal), and more I’m sure I can’t recall at the moment.

While some of those events happen in all facets of the game, this particular fleet meta has more opportunity for things to go wrong than ever. I think it’s magnified by how close the mirror matchups inherently tend to be.

That being said…it does create some exciting (and potentially infuriating) matchups.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    This meta is definitely more RNG based than most. Obviously skill and gear can reduce the negative RNG impact, but that doesn’t reduce its significance.
    Executrix mirrors are comparable to Negotiator mirrors.

And the HMF Rebel LOLassist meta says "Hi!!!" :D
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Fleet is meh. I agree. But my opponent will have the same problem as me. So... what's the problem?
  • Options
    I do wonder how much Ship Mods would help the problem. It’s at least in player hands then.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I do wonder how much Ship Mods would help the problem. It’s at least in player hands then.

Then we'll hear the cries of "my mods suck cuz RNG! Waahh!"
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Fleets are more finely balanced than squads, particularly around speed. Adding ship mods into the mix would make a big mess.
  • Options
    Smells like CG is about to release some new fleet content pretty soon. Perhaps at a power level that can punch up there with Executor?

This definitely changes things for me. Thinking hard about what to farm next after JMK.

So far, I've skipped SLKR and Rey entirely and their fleets, and getting by with Exec, Nego, Malev, Rebels and Empire fleets (got 2 GLs) and surviving in Kyber 2. Ideally, wanted to chase JML, but with this change I might need to get SLKR or Rey...
  • Options
    i guess for a lot of players, fleets have nothing to do, why they ppay this game. somehow it's something we have to do, only to make progress in areas we care about.
    if we get another slot, we get one more boring fight and more frustration because we can't really choose what teams we want to use.
    while squads in gac is kind of fun because it includes strategy, diffrent team comps, mods, counters, turnorders and so much more - fleet matches are nothing like that at all. relic levels = speed addeded with some rng. boring. playing around with diffrent squads... almost non existent. yes, both opponents have to struggle with the limited ships and maybe it won't affect the outcome of a match, but both suffer a 3rd and most likely frustrating ship battle.
    of course, if cg plans it, the community will not stop them. we'll learn to live with it,
    but here's a thought cg: give us a rotation in gac. one season with 3 fleets on defense and one season without any.
  • Options
    Smells like CG is about to release some new fleet content pretty soon. Perhaps at a power level that can punch up there with Executor?

This definitely changes things for me. Thinking hard about what to farm next after JMK.

So far, I've skipped SLKR and Rey entirely and their fleets, and getting by with Exec, Nego, Malev, Rebels and Empire fleets (got 2 GLs) and surviving in Kyber 2. Ideally, wanted to chase JML, but with this change I might need to get SLKR or Rey...

Who are your current GL’s? I’m gonna guess SEE and JMK. I’d highly recommend going for SLKR over rey for sure.
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options

So yes, I dont care.

Not sure what your relic levels are, but my r5 RC with full 6E dies before it gets a turn at least once per day. I have r9 Piett, r7 Cad, r5 Bossk, r5 BAM.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

So yes, I dont care.

Not sure what your relic levels are, but my r5 RC with full 6E dies before it gets a turn at least once per day. I have r9 Piett, r7 Cad, r5 Bossk, r5 BAM.
    Against IG in starting lineup?

• Options
    while squads in gac is kind of fun because it includes strategy, diffrent team comps, mods, counters, turnorders and so much more - fleet matches are nothing like that at all.

Fleet matches have most of those too, except for mods of course. They are not so complex as squad matches, because there are simply way fewer ships, so fewer possibilities, but they are there for anyone who seriously tries to do well in fleet battles.
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options

So yes, I dont care.

Oh. No, my shard only has the normal HT RC XB lineups. I did try the IG lineup for a few days, but it didn't really work out for me.
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

Oh. No, my shard only has the normal HT RC XB lineups. I did try the IG lineup for a few days, but it didn't really work out for me.

I guess i never faced a full r9 standard line up (no sarcasm intended) because i play mirrors since august with a g12 Bando and it never happened to me. Maybe it’s a “top of K1” issue.
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options

So yes, I dont care.

I guess i never faced a full r9 standard line up (no sarcasm intended) because i play mirrors since august with a g12 Bando and it never happened to me. Maybe it’s a “top of K1” issue.

I haven't done many Exec mirrors in GA, so not a top of K1 issue (also I'm in K2). My fleet shard doesn't have full r9, so it's not that either. I don't know how it happens, but it happens a lot.
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

I haven't done many Exec mirrors in GA, so not a top of K1 issue (also I'm in K2). My fleet shard doesn't have full r9, so it's not that either. I don't know how it happens, but it happens a lot.
    It has absolutely never happened to me vs the standard HT, XB, RC lineup. Your BAM is same relic as me with one more 6 dot mod.
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options

So yes, I dont care.

It has absolutely never happened to me vs the standard HT, XB, RC lineup. Your BAM is same relic as me with one more 6 dot mod.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Well at least we are getting fleet load out with this... Right? Right? Come on CG!
  • Options
    RC dies before it takes a turn or before you take a turn? Because, you can heal RC with your Exec of they go first and mass assist your RC..
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    RC dies before it takes a turn or before you take a turn? Because, you can heal RC with your Exec of they go first and mass assist your RC..

Before it takes a turn. Sometimes after Exec takes a turn, but sometimes before. Problem is just because I go second doesn't mean I need to open with heal instead of aoe. RNG determines turn order, and determines if my RC gets Mark, and determines if a Marked RC cleanses itself.
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options

fg1nfg39so1u.jpeg

How about that. Just happened. My RC didn’t get a turn.

Here is what it looked like when my Exec got a turn. I could have healed, but still could have lost.

aajqwbx195qc.jpeg
  • Options

fg1nfg39so1u.jpeg

Here is what it looked like when my Exec got a turn. I could have healed, but still could have lost.

aajqwbx195qc.jpeg

I don’t understand - are you saying when you go second, you don’t use the heal move on RC?
  • Options

I actually find I win more consistently with the open you described than if I go first. Heal RC. Call RC to assist, marking their XB (my XB is faster than my RC). Attack their XB again with my RC calling my XB. If their XB went before mine, then either their XB is dead now or I finish it off with Ebon Hawk basics. If my XB went first, it could get dicey if my XB didn't double tap, but there's still a good chance to win it.
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options

fg1nfg39so1u.jpeg

aajqwbx195qc.jpeg

I don’t understand - are you saying when you go second, you don’t use the heal move on RC?

I am saying that I don't always heal when I go second, yes. I have found that the win rate is the same whether I heal or aoe.
    Keydash1 wrote: »

I actually find I win more consistently with the open you described than if I go first. Heal RC. Call RC to assist, marking their XB (my XB is faster than my RC). Attack their XB again with my RC calling my XB. If their XB went before mine, then either their XB is dead now or I finish it off with Ebon Hawk basics. If my XB went first, it could get dicey if my XB didn't double tap, but there's still a good chance to win it.

Never really tried going after XB though, so maybe I'll try that for a bit.