Added fleet to kyber GAC...

Replies

• Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    And they wonder why people hate fleets, lol!

It seems obvious that fixing the problems with ships is the play, but nah.... Why not just force people to interact with the worst part of the game instead of making it fun...

Maybe because making a fun game was never CG's goal. The goal was making a profitable game, and any amount of fun is just the bare necessity to keep people hooked and spending.

maybe?
    hello
  • Options
    In squad zones, you can choose whether to use undersized squads or not. In ships we will be forced to undersize!
    We need a lot more ships and accelerated farm for the old ones. Either that, or leave things untouched.
  • RTS
    683 posts Member
    Options
    Just one bad decision after another.

I don't even expect a full 7 ships for every cap fleet, but COME ON CG, we don't have CLOSE to enough fighters for this.

I quite literally NEVER use my Chimera or Endurance because I don't have enough ships for it.

Aurodium-1 I'm coming for you soon, well, not, it will take forever to get enough losses to drop from Kyber-3.

But I'd LIKE to be back down at Aurodium-1

I'm already bloated to heck w/ fleet GP compared to my opponents who have 4 GLs to my 2 & it does me no good if I can't even get to their fleets which is worth LESS GP.

Actually, maybe this will make it worth having fleets since the back zone will be worth MORE again.

If you can't think of a good reason to use Chimera now, given the recent releases, then nobody else can help you.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't it ovious that this change shall lead people to whale on executor and new ships to be able to stay in kyber? With no new GLs on the horizon they found out that there is still room for some ships.
  • Stokat
    830 posts Member
    Options
    About time we got more fleets in GAC! With the recent additions we have more than enough capitals and ships to set more defences. This will make the fleet zones more interesting.
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    About time we got more fleets in GAC! With the recent additions we have more than enough capitals and ships to set more defences. This will make the fleet zones more interesting.

9 capital ships + 47 ships = not enough ships. Where are the more than enough that you're referencing?
  • Options
    As everybody else. Kyber 1 hmmmmmmmmmmmm ok maybe (but much better off adding a 12th character team). However, in the lower Kybers............... this is going to be a real strain.

On that topic Chromiums or Bronziums need 2 capital ships right? That also seems a lot.
  • Vendi1983
    5025 posts Member
    Options

About 16 ships short there, boss.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    To the people who are including the Executor when talking about the number of fleets, I'd just like to remind you that not everyone in kyber has it

Maybe they should not be the ones in kyber then?

Maybe many in lower Kyber don’t have executor
    Lol so many whiners.
    I'm in Chromium2 and I could fulfill these requirements.

Sure, they're not all r9 fleets, but its booring to only fight maxed out fleets. I'll happily take on a garbage 3rd fleet with my mediocre 6.

Good change! Increase the nr of fleet squads down the leagues too!

Post your SWGOH since you just joined the forums today. I’d enjoy seeing how in chromium 3 you could field 6 full fleets for offense and defense

Malev, Nego, Chim on D, Ackbar, Finalizer, Leftover under Tarkin or even Mace.
    Thats 7 fleets right there, all easily accessible for all.

You could also get Exec and Raddus, to make 9 fleets.
    Why can't you do 6?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    To the people who are including the Executor when talking about the number of fleets, I'd just like to remind you that not everyone in kyber has it

Lol so many whiners.

Sure, they're not all r9 fleets, but its booring to only fight maxed out fleets. I'll happily take on a garbage 3rd fleet with my mediocre 6.

Post your SWGOH since you just joined the forums today. I’d enjoy seeing how in chromium 3 you could field 6 full fleets for offense and defense

Why can't you do 6?

Congratulations, you did the easy part. Now fill those out in a way that makes sense.
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »
    Isn't it ovious that this change shall lead people to whale on executor and new ships to be able to stay in kyber? With no new GLs on the horizon they found out that there is still room for some ships.

100% this. This change certainly reeks of "Hey we can make one simple change to an existing game mode and force players to spend in order to stay/climb in Kyber, all without having to develop, make art for, or test/balance (LOL) new GLs!"
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I think the main problem here is the uniform requirements for all Kyber leagues, and it has always been so. When leagues were first seeded by gp, those starting in Kyber III were already having to set more squads than they were used to in their old division pre-changes. Even now in Kyber II, you will see the occasional opponent without Executor or a non-max Executor. If they want to try and implement this in Kyber I, that's one can of worms, but no way that people in Kyber V can possibly do anything with this.

And as it has been said ad nauseum, we simply need more ships. A new cap? That's great--but we have at most three ships for it? Shuttle and Vader are going to go on Empire. Many caps can go without full reinforcements, sure. But what's left? Surely not a collection of strongly synergistic plug-and-play ships. No, you have leftovers without any good capital to match them.

If we are getting a shipload of content, that's great, but they need to be easily accessible in a short amount of time. Conquest ships take 3 months to max even for whales (though unlocking in 1.75 months with passes is apparently the thing with ships). Even if this is a "create a problem, sell a solution" sort of deal, I don't see them selling enough in a short enough amount of time for this to be implemented now. And Kyber V isn't buying.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Agree with the people here. Yes, it was inevitable that we'd get a 3rd fleet slot in GAC at some point but we're still not there yet. We'd need at least 1 more new and viable capital ship and its crew (Ravanger + sith ships could be a thing but needs to come with a new sith fighter aswell as it cant take Vader) or a mix of more ships for existing capitals ships and/or an overhaul of a capital ships kit - I mean the Ensurance is just utter garbage and Executrix with leftover ships also wontbe doing anything good.

We. Need. More. Ships.

Oh and fleet loadouts, just incase you forgot.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    So we'll need to adapt and create 7 fleets with 47 ships (or less) instead of 49. Tough decisions are fun.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Basically if both players have executor and one of them decides to place it into def, GAC might now get decided by drawing lots
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think the main problem here is the uniform requirements for all Kyber leagues, and it has always been so. When leagues were first seeded by gp, those starting in Kyber III were already having to set more squads than they were used to in their old division pre-changes. Even now in Kyber II, you will see the occasional opponent without Executor or a non-max Executor. If they want to try and implement this in Kyber I, that's one can of worms, but no way that people in Kyber V can possibly do anything with this.

And as it has been said ad nauseum, we simply need more ships. A new cap? That's great--but we have at most three ships for it? Shuttle and Vader are going to go on Empire. Many caps can go without full reinforcements, sure. But what's left? Surely not a collection of strongly synergistic plug-and-play ships. No, you have leftovers without any good capital to match them.

If we are getting a shipload of content, that's great, but they need to be easily accessible in a short amount of time. Conquest ships take 3 months to max even for whales (though unlocking in 1.75 months with passes is apparently the thing with ships). Even if this is a "create a problem, sell a solution" sort of deal, I don't see them selling enough in a short enough amount of time for this to be implemented now. And Kyber V isn't buying.

Hear Hear! Good points. As others have said, I'm not opposed to this in the upper-most Kyber divisions, but we simple need more ships! and accelerate the farming on the older ships! I still have a few that i never finished and now am going to finish off due to this change, but i don't look forward to it
  • Stokat
    830 posts Member
    Options

9 capital ships + 47 ships = not enough ships. Where are the more than enough that you're referencing?

You don’t have to set full reinforcements to all cap ships. In fact it is beneficial not to do so in some cases to ensure the AI pull the ship you want as reinforcement. You set three cap ships on def and have 6 to attack with, leaving you with plenty of options for clean ups if necessary.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Wait, to be at the top of the heap you need to have the newest toons and a deep roster of ships too? What is gaming coming to??!?

Too bad that even with all the ships in game you can’t have a deep enough roster to put out enough quality fleets.
  • Options

Lol so many whiners.

Why can't you do 6?

Already listed the ships needed for each fleet. There are no empire/sith aside for one left after Chimera for Tarkin and no GR ships aside from JC starship after negotiators lineups.

Again, I ask for you SWGOH.gg link because you claim in chromium 3 that you can field 6 full ship fleets.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Wait, to be at the top of the heap you need to have the newest toons and a deep roster of ships too? What is gaming coming to??!?

Too bad that even with all the ships in game you can’t have a deep enough roster to put out enough quality fleets.

Maybe this ship will ease the situation:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE_Advanced_v1
    The_Inquisitors_TIE_Fighter_2.png
    Post edited by zatho on
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    801 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Gavsta wrote: »
    Hmmmm 🤔 .... I dunno.... there's two thoughts I have about this.
    1) People can no longer just put Executor down & win fleets...
    They still can. If anything, it's more effective now. When both players have only 6 serviceable fleets, if you have to 2 shot the Executor, you are going to have trouble clearing their third fleet. When one of the players can field 7 fleets, the advantage is much bigger than before because they can afford to 2 shot the Executor.
  • Options
    Has to be one of the most ill-advised changes that CG have ever made to the game...and that's saying something given some of their howlers!...and they didn't even take that opportunity to close the ongoing (3-weeks now?!) investigation of Echelon, so people still can't invest in additional fleets without fear of them being nerfed just when they need them most! Complete Garbage, or CG for short!
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Has to be one of the most ill-advised changes that CG have ever made to the game...and that's saying something given some of their howlers!...and they didn't even take that opportunity to close the ongoing (3-weeks now?!) investigation of Echelon, so people still can't invest in additional fleets without fear of them being nerfed just when they need them most! Complete Garbage, or CG for short!

Upcoming nerf or not, you will need that ship for kyber anyways.
  • Options

You don’t have to set full reinforcements to all cap ships. In fact it is beneficial not to do so in some cases to ensure the AI pull the ship you want as reinforcement. You set three cap ships on def and have 6 to attack with, leaving you with plenty of options for clean ups if necessary.

your strategy is to gift your opponent free points? Okay. That's certainly a tactic. Not a good one. Not a competitive one.

I really want to know where are these "more than enough ships to set more defenses" you're talking about? Should I only set 3 ships on D with each cap and gift my opponent 12 points in a tight match? And what happens if the executor needs to be 2 shot? Game over after the first battle fails? If you're going to play the "plenty of ships" card, then you go right ahead and explain EXACTLY how each team comp would work AND give you leftover ships.

Also worth noting you can say you can field 2 empire fleets but fleet counters are a thing and are severely limited.
  • Dracandross
    34 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Yea! Finally.

Now you must think how to solut fleets and Def is option gk, exe, gg is though if opp used one of em in Def. But then is clear too.

9 caps, enough for 6 Off def
    47 ships, 7 full fleets but really 2 reinf is enough mostly so its 9 fleets.

And BOTH have similar max fleets so you dont have to max everything. Find good balance and invest into ships

AWESOME!
  • Stokat
    830 posts Member
    Options

your strategy is to gift your opponent free points? Okay. That's certainly a tactic. Not a good one. Not a competitive one.

I really want to know where are these "more than enough ships to set more defenses" you're talking about? Should I only set 3 ships on D with each cap and gift my opponent 12 points in a tight match? And what happens if the executor needs to be 2 shot? Game over after the first battle fails? If you're going to play the "plenty of ships" card, then you go right ahead and explain EXACTLY how each team comp would work AND give you leftover ships.

Also worth noting you can say you can field 2 empire fleets but fleet counters are a thing and are severely limited.

Where did I say you shouldn’t set any reinforcements? If you leave two spots open You potentially lose like two banners and it allows you to influence what ships get called first which is a bigger advantage in some cases. And as stated, it also frees up more ships to use on offence.

But if you think it’s better to set a full def then you should that. Set three easy fleets on def, set three strong ones, mix it up, do whatever you want. You have the same amount of ships as your opponent so you are not at a disadvantage.

In my opinion it will make for more interesting fleet battles but I see this clearly upsets you. Good luck with you GA fights, I’m confident you will find the best tactic possible to your capability.
  • Options
    There are so many easy things CG can do, they just need to develop them. Even a lot of the pilot pairings could be very simple, some already in the game, others to be introduced.

Galactic Republic
    Currently 2 Capital Ships with only 8 supporting ships
    Need at least 4 more GR ships
    - Wookie gunship with CWC + 1 new wookie pilot
    - GMY's starfighter
    - Naboo royal ship with Padme & QGJ as pilots
    - Bad Batch Marauder
    - Naboo N1 starfighter with ?? as pilot

Rebels
    Currently 1 Capital Ship with 8 supporting ships
    Needs 1 more capital ship and 4 more support ships
    - Tantive IV (Princess Leia commander) or Nebulon B Frigate (MM commander) as capital ship
    - Red 5 with CLS & R2 as pilots
    - B-wing starfighter with ?? pilot
    - A-wing starfighter with ?? pilot
    - Raven's Clow or Moldy Crow with Kyle Katarn as pilot

Empire
    Currently has 2 (we don't count Executor here) Capital Ships with 7 support ships
    Needs at least 5 more support ships
    - Tie Defender
    - Imperial Landing Craft
    - 3 others ???

Resistance
    Currently has 1 Capital ship and 4 support ships
    Needs 2-3 support ships
    - DJ's ship they steal
    - Transport ship Leia shows up on
    - 2 others ??

Separatists
    Currently has 1 Capital Ship and 5 support ships
    Needs 2 support ships
    - Jango's Slave I
    - Dooku's sailboat

Misc that could be added
    - Dash Rendar's Outrider
    - Mando's Naboo N1 - they messed up making BAM pilot RC..should have been normal Mando so they could use him here
  • Options
    And oh man ill rule in GAC if this thread really show what are player skills with fleets. So much whining without seeing the Big picture. Crystals here I Come!

One:
    I havent used full 3+4 for anything as 4 reinf is waste of points.
    Two:
    You dont need full clear, just More than opp.
    Three:
    You must do something wrong if you havent yet started exe farm and you are in ****. It's no moon!
    Four:
    More ships = Def had More too.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options

I don't think he's saying NO reinforcements, he's saying not full, so the AI has limited options to call in and doesn't call in the ones that don't help. Most fleet battles are determined after two reinforcements. There can be some borderline cases where the third is what determines a hold, but otherwise if a hold happens, an easier cleanup doesn't make up for the missing 20. If you never clear it, two banners won't make a difference. If you one shot, you likely would've done so with four reinforcements and gotten the points anyway. You would never give your opponents 12 points; you are confusing it with offense banners. Your opponent would only get 1 each for the missing slots, but they might have to beat it first, I think.

At any rate, I still don't think it helps, because you are still left with a mismatch of your most mediocre ships with no synergy.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    There are so many easy things CG can do, they just need to develop them. Even a lot of the pilot pairings could be very simple, some already in the game, others to be introduced.

Galactic Republic
    Currently 2 Capital Ships with only 8 supporting ships
    Need at least 4 more GR ships
    - Wookie gunship with CWC + 1 new wookie pilot
    - GMY's starfighter
    - Naboo royal ship with Padme & QGJ as pilots
    - Bad Batch Marauder
    - Naboo N1 starfighter with ?? as pilot

Rebels
    Currently 1 Capital Ship with 8 supporting ships
    Needs 1 more capital ship and 4 more support ships
    - Tantive IV (Princess Leia commander) or Nebulon B Frigate (MM commander) as capital ship
    - Red 5 with CLS & R2 as pilots
    - B-wing starfighter with ?? pilot
    - A-wing starfighter with ?? pilot
    - Raven's Clow or Moldy Crow with Kyle Katarn as pilot

Empire
    Currently has 2 (we don't count Executor here) Capital Ships with 7 support ships
    Needs at least 5 more support ships
    - Tie Defender
    - Imperial Landing Craft
    - 3 others ???

Resistance
    Currently has 1 Capital ship and 4 support ships
    Needs 2-3 support ships
    - DJ's ship they steal
    - Transport ship Leia shows up on
    - 2 others ??

Separatists
    Currently has 1 Capital Ship and 5 support ships
    Needs 2 support ships
    - Jango's Slave I
    - Dooku's sailboat

Misc that could be added
    - Dash Rendar's Outrider
    - Mando's Naboo N1 - they messed up making BAM pilot RC..should have been normal Mando so they could use him here

Also possible is Dengar's Punishing One

TIE Advanced Protoype V1 for Grand Inquisitor
    galactic republic V-19 torrents
    Phantom I
    Fireball