Added fleet to kyber GAC...

Replies

• Options
    RTS wrote: »
    If you can't think of a good reason to use Chimera now, given the recent releases, then nobody else can help you.

Please oh wise one, what use for Chimera w/ no ships is there?

Now, if the game gave me some added TIE ships.

Defender
    Interceptor
    Heavy
    Boarding Craft

Sentinel Class Shuttle
    Skipray Blastboat

Add those 6 and I'll have a reason to use Chimera.
  • Options
    FL4WL3SS wrote: »
    Well yay... I guess overachieving early on had screwed me pretty hard at this point... 4.4million GP, 4 fleets.. kind of ... Maybe push out a literal garbage 5th maybe...

Just this. It's actually impossible for this player to full clear...............that shouldn't be the case.

In low Kyber (as I'm sure already in low Chromium) the impossible is being asked.

• wildnz
    258 posts Member
    Options
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned much is this shifts the balance from characters to ships as the determination of who wins. With 1 fleet zone ships was generally double cleared , and the banners only decided very tight matches. Then we had two zones pre executor it was still more than likely the character zone determined the winner. Now , we have executor that can mean you dominate characters but still lose the match as you can't clear or drop a battle using Malevolence , but this can be mitigated by keeping your Exec for offence. Next season , it will be even more likely what happens in ships totally overrides characters. You can get outplayed in characters and still win by good RNG in ships (or tactics). I feel this heavily devalues people's investment in characters for GaC.

Given the RNG in using off meta counters in fleets at the moment , if I'm totally outmatched on characters , why wouldn't I set Exec , Negotiator and Thrawn (or whomever is the toughest 3 at the time) on defence and hope to win by having better luck. Seems quite backwards imo.
  • Bauer
    54 posts Member
    Options
    This is the most **** decision ever!!! The excessive greed of this company never ceases to amaze me which obviously drives 99.9% of changes made like this one cause otherwise it makes absolutely no sense at all to implement something like this with the limited fleets we currently have. Not to mention the fact they're rolling this out before we even get a hint or any indication of getting something as simple as fleet loadouts, but no let's just go ahead and add another fleet requirement for all of kyber so people have to scramble and spend on fleets so they don't get left behind...UNBELIEVABLE!!!
  • Options
    4 fleets are enough to clear a 3 slots territory. As long as you keep Exe, Mal and Nego for offense (and a 4th fleet to clean up if things go south in executor mirror), your opponent can’t prevent you to clear the fleet territory. However, it means putting trash fleets on D for players lacking fleet depth, giving a banner advantage to your opponent. Just as when you don’t have 22 competitive teams and need to put trash teams on D, giving your opponent easy solos.
    So this change makes fleets matters more (thx, capt obvious) and gives importance to fleet roster depth, which wasn’t the case before. I had 4 meta fleets and couldn’t care less for res/fo tanks as i was just waiting for the next power creep. Now i care. Well played, CG. Bring on the not-so-great ships, i’m ready to farm them anyway.
  • Options
    This might be a good thread for @CG_Tusken_Meathead to start commenting.
  • Options
    Please do not do this. I don't know if you read these comments, but keep 3 fleets to only Kyber 1. I am in Kyber 2 having a lot of fun, but no way can I do this many ships. It just takes too long. You could at least give us double drops on ships to help speed it up.
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    Options
    CG never ceases to amaze me with stupid decisions.
  • crzydroid
    7374 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    That move make so much sense. I was wondering how they would try to make me gear Gar Saxon, Imperial commando, Jedi consular, Cassian … aah, that’s it.

One thing for sure, is that we all have access to the same number of ships. So, no it’s not ideal, but if you don’t have enough fleets, your opponent at the skill level you are won’t have either.

In theory, and perhaps in many, many cases. However, if you are punching up, or just have a different GL path, that's not necessarily true. Two of the fleets are directly tied to GLs. If you went after any of the other four GLs first, and your opponent started with the two older GLs, you can find yourself short two fleets.
  • crzydroid
    7374 posts Moderator
    Options
    RTS wrote: »
    If you can't think of a good reason to use Chimera now, given the recent releases, then nobody else can help you.

Please oh wise one, what use for Chimera w/ no ships is there?

Now, if the game gave me some added TIE ships.

Defender
    Interceptor
    Heavy
    Boarding Craft

Sentinel Class Shuttle
    Skipray Blastboat

Add those 6 and I'll have a reason to use Chimera.

We already have Interceptor, and my Chimaera with Interceptor got a hold yesterday...
  • cboath7
    467 posts Member
    Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    That move make so much sense. I was wondering how they would try to make me gear Gar Saxon, Imperial commando, Jedi consular, Cassian … aah, that’s it.

One thing for sure, is that we all have access to the same number of ships. So, no it’s not ideal, but if you don’t have enough fleets, your opponent at the skill level you are won’t have either.

I don't know about that, my current group has 4 people with 2M more gp than me. 2 more with 1M more and one about the same.

That 2M goes a long way towards having more capable ships. Obviously it's not all spent on ships, but some of it absolutely goes there.
  • Options
    Looking around it sounds like the top 50 players in Kyber 1 wanted this. My guess is they are trying to please the Krakens and anyone in Kyber 2-5 just have to suffer until fleets are built out.
  • Options
    I think everyone agrees adding another fleet was inevitable.

What no one agrees with is adding more fleets before we have enough ships to field full teams.
  • Options
    Looking around it sounds like the top 50 players in Kyber 1 wanted this. My guess is they are trying to please the Krakens and anyone in Kyber 2-5 just have to suffer until fleets are built out.

They did not want this. Very few people think this is a good idea. The difference is that the top half of Kyber 1 can cope with this better.

I'm Kyber 4 and in a weak guild so farming mark 2 guild tokens is an issue. I have problems clearing fleets. This might not be terrible for me......then again it might. Still I think it's a bad idea.
  • Options
    wildnz wrote: »
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned much is this shifts the balance from characters to ships as the determination of who wins.
    It's already been that way, at least for my matches.
  • Options
    CG will implement this because they already wrote the code. I just want to know why they even thought this was a good idea to start developing? Did they think that 3 new ships would suddenly fix fleets?
  • LordDirt
    5132 posts Member
    Options
    This just opens the door to take away daily fleet crystals. I say bring on all the changes. CG needs to keep up the good work.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    K4 (was K2 at the start) here.
    The result usually decided at the ground stage, rarely comes into ships...

So yes, I dont care.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

So yes, I dont care.

Maybe ignoring ships is why you went from K2 to K4?

In the higher teirs of kyber the match is often decided by how many attempts it takes to clear (or who fails to clear) Exec. With 3 defensive fleets required this will be exasperated, as you only get two attempts with any kind of real fleet (assuming you have a complete roster of ships and geared crew members) to clear Exec, and with the recent AI changes the former counters are maybe 50% at a one-shot at best, down from 70% or so. This is a problem and to not see it is to continue to be bumped down until you're out of kyber.
  • Options
    Well it should make a difference if I face Phoenixeon. I started Aurodium 3 and I'm now Kyber 4. Yes, I don't work on ships as much as I should..............but I hate them and hate playing this side of the game. I have 6 fleets, so.............it would probably give him a bit more of an advantage if we faced each other.

I feel stretched. However, I think 2 fleets in Chromium is worse. I think a lot of Chromium players don't have more than 4 fleets. Where as most Kyber have more than 6.
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

In the higher teirs of kyber the match is often decided by how many attempts it takes to clear (or who fails to clear) Exec. With 3 defensive fleets required this will be exasperated, as you only get two attempts with any kind of real fleet (assuming you have a complete roster of ships and geared crew members) to clear Exec, and with the recent AI changes the former counters are maybe 50% at a one-shot at best, down from 70% or so. This is a problem and to not see it is to continue to be bumped down until you're out of kyber.

If you don’t like to have the match decided by how many attempts it takes to clear Exec and are afraid it will be exasperated, you can keep Exec for offense.
  • Phoenixeon
    1843 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

So yes, I dont care.

Ships dont bring me from K2 to K4, a very fat roster with only 2 GLs does.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

So yes, I dont care.

If you don’t like to have the match decided by how many attempts it takes to clear Exec and are afraid it will be exasperated, you can keep Exec for offense.

Except you again miss the point.

Exec matchups are entirely RNG based for the most part. Mirror matches? RNG.

Echelon FO? No guarantee to one shot and only better chances for the two shot instead of malevolence.

The issue? One bad dodge, one ridiculous bug and guess what? It’s over. One single 2nd attempt.

In my GAC matchup today if they had 3 fleets I’d have no shot to win my matchup because my Exec mirror match was decided by who the R9 piett decided to blast down. No way to clean that up then since that matchup immediately ended.

I’m sure your response will be to R9 my piett but that doesn’t matter. It’s still a coin flip on who goes first and then who gets swarmed. So no. This isn’t the right time for more fleets and CG is foolish to think otherwise. Whether it’s to induce panic/anger spending or whatever, it’s a bad move.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

So yes, I dont care.

Echelon FO? No guarantee to one shot and only better chances for the two shot instead of malevolence.

The issue? One bad dodge, one ridiculous bug and guess what? It’s over. One single 2nd attempt.

In my GAC matchup today if they had 3 fleets I’d have no shot to win my matchup because my Exec mirror match was decided by who the R9 piett decided to blast down. No way to clean that up then since that matchup immediately ended.

I’m sure your response will be to R9 my piett but that doesn’t matter. It’s still a coin flip on who goes first and then who gets swarmed. So no. This isn’t the right time for more fleets and CG is foolish to think otherwise. Whether it’s to induce panic/anger spending or whatever, it’s a bad move.
    “Entirely” RNG?! Come on, who are you kidding?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

So yes, I dont care.

So if my piett and my opponent have the same R9 piett, and both our Bando’s are R7, and their team goes first and blasts my RC away before i even get a move simply because the coin flip went in their favor, how is that not RNG based?

The beginning of the match if all relic levels are the same is an RNG coin flip. How is that not entirely decided by RNG? It also is RNG based on who the AI decided to swarm no?
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

So if my piett and my opponent have the same R9 piett, and both our Bando’s are R7, and their team goes first and blasts my RC away before i even get a move simply because the coin flip went in their favor, how is that not RNG based?

The beginning of the match if all relic levels are the same is an RNG coin flip. How is that not entirely decided by RNG? It also is RNG based on who the AI decided to swarm no?
    I go second on 3/4 of my battles (r8 Piett) and win almost all of them.

I’m not disputing there’s an element of RNG, but it’s the unabashed hyperbole of claiming they’re entirely RNG that I take issue with.
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

I’m not disputing there’s an element of RNG, but it’s the unabashed hyperbole of claiming they’re entirely RNG that I take issue with.

Then you’re getting some of the check marks hit on the RNG rolls in the start in your favor. They either don’t swarm RC. Their XB doesn’t double tap. Their RC doesn’t go before yours. The XB doesn’t double tap the next round with the RC assist. Add in those untimely dodges then you have an RNG fest in the start. So if RNG doesn’t roll the right way, you’ve got problems.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

So yes, I dont care.

Then you’re getting some of the check marks hit on the RNG rolls in the start in your favor. They either don’t swarm RC. Their XB doesn’t double tap. Their RC doesn’t go before yours. The XB doesn’t double tap the next round with the RC assist. Add in those untimely dodges then you have an RNG fest in the start. So if RNG doesn’t roll the right way, you’ve got problems.

I would go the other way round:
    If the RnG goes the wrong way, you have a massive problem. The chance of this worst case is lower than 50%. So it's no coin flip but rather a dice roll
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

Hang on a second… your r7 RC is blasted away before you even move? Are you telling me that this has happened to you once? More than once? Every time you don’t go first?

My RC is r5 (only 5/6 6 dot mods), Piett is only r8 and this has absolutely never ever happened to me. If the opponent goes first (which it does more often than not in a shard brimming with r9 Piett) my RC doesn’t even lose the Unending Loyalty buff. Then I can apply taunt with HT and heal RC immediately.

You’re trying to prove your point by inventing a situation that doesn’t match up to what people actually experience when they play the game.
  • Options

So yes, I dont care.

Hang on a second… your r7 RC is blasted away before you even move? Are you telling me that this has happened to you once? More than once? Every time you don’t go first?

My RC is r5 (only 5/6 6 dot mods), Piett is only r8 and this has absolutely never ever happened to me. If the opponent goes first (which it does more often than not in a shard brimming with r9 Piett) my RC doesn’t even lose the Unending Loyalty buff. Then I can apply taunt with HT and heal RC immediately.

You’re trying to prove your point by inventing a situation that doesn’t match up to what people actually experience when they play the game.

That literally just happened to me in my GAC matchup today. Went in for a mirror match and before i even got a turn my RC was gone. So it was DOA. Does it happen every time? No of course not. But there are so many factors that can go the wrong way based on chance that in my mind it’s an RNG fest, as I said, almost entirely based on RNG. Even if their Piett went first, if they didn’t blast down RC, or if XB didn’t double tap one of those times, or if my RC got a dodge, or if anything worked out I could’ve recovered. Maybe. But then there’s more chance and RNG after that.

But here’s the main point, not to get caught on semantics over how much RNG is based in the matchup. I lost that matchup. Now i have only one shot to clean that ship. Not 3 as I currently have. That’s not ok. There’s not enough ships for full fleets and quite frankly, the endurance is a garbage capital ship.