Relic Materials at all time low, Scaling VS demand is non existent.

Prev13
Is anyone else really struggling with relic materials on all levels? When they first introduced relics and converted the materials we had in abundance the first 3 levels of relic requirements. It was very easy to convert the piles and piles of materials into essential items needed for relics. However, with the demand now off the scale for relics and the relentless bombardment of NEW toons needed, the materials needed to convert are just not scaling with the requirements CG is placing on the community. Carbonite Circuits are bottomed out, the Chromium Transistors bottomed out, the situation just gets more dyer the further up the relic scale you go and there seems to be very little coming our way to balance this equation. I am just falling further and further behind in this slog for relics, due to the lack of materials required for everything. There is literally nothing being given to us in terms of Impulse Detectors, nothing being given to us in terms of Gyrda Keypads. The rancor raid keeps spitting out Aeromagnifers, by the hundreds but sadly they are completely useless without Impulse Detectors I am sorry to say. It's non-sensical, why don't you just add Impulse Detectors into the rancor rewards? I understand there is a balance to strike but this definitely needs a second glance because in my mind falls desperately short.

Replies

• Options
    Sadly, this is the nature of a resource management game.

I've taken to buying Circuit Boards with crystals from time to time.

Bronziums don't feel as bad to me, as there are some of the 12 salvage pieces that accumulate over time and there are a couple of the 4 salvage pieces I still have thousands of.

Chromium transistors though shouldn't be an issue. If you look for the Mk7 Blastech Weapon Mod in the guild store, you can buy 5 for 150 credits. That gives you 33 of them for 150 guild store credits. Buy that gear piece every time you see it in guild store and at least that's one relic material that will stop being an issue.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    That's why you can usually see packs at exchange of $$$. You can relieve the bottleneck always with the power of your credit card.
  • Options
    @DarjeloSalas while I agree with your point about farming strategically and using the guild store efficiently, I do think CG deserves criticism for not following up with the promised gear crunch alleviation. Almost every one of the games competing for the SWGOH demographic's money pays more attention in curating their gear economy. It makes sense to have a scarcity of end-game gear like Kyros to force players to choose between patience and swiping a card (CG is a a for-profit company and this is a resource management game). However, I think it is completely unacceptable and inexcusable to have players farming the same lowest tier gear that drops from nodes with level 5 enemies that we were fighting literally six years ago when the game launched. If they want to squeeze players for crystals in some other way that is contemporary (like a kyrotech 2.0 launching with the gear economy fixes) that's understandable, but this is not a 'resource management choice' - it's just careless and lazy gear economy management and sorely needed changes that CG promised half a year ago ago and have still not delivered on, and they need called out on that, not defended.
  • Options
    or managing resorces
    hello
  • Options
    or managing resorces
    this is not a 'resource management choice' - it's just careless and lazy gear economy management and sorely needed changes that CG promised half a year ago ago and have still not delivered on, and they need called out on that, not defended.

Thanks for reading before responding.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The circuit boards are at least easily farmable with energy, even though it is a bit dumb to have to farm a 6 energy node when you are well past that level of progression. The rest is just pain and especially the transistors shouldn't be that much of an issue. For me, the best thing they did to help with relic crunch was adding a low-priority ship to conquest (or so I thought at the time, the GAC change throws a wrench in it).
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    or managing resorces
    this is not a 'resource management choice' - it's just careless and lazy gear economy management and sorely needed changes that CG promised half a year ago ago and have still not delivered on, and they need called out on that, not defended.

They already demonstrates the gear economy claiming posts are completely ignored, it's indifferent how Much of these type of post get on the official forums, Reddit, even on discord.
    The thing it's if these changes happens, it cleans the company image a bit, but delaying it, just get the opposite effect.
  • 24_Tuesdays
    1198 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    or managing resorces

i read your post so your welcome

not reading and not agreeing are two different things

i dont have this issue and i dont spend my way out of it
    hello
  • 24_Tuesdays
    1198 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    The circuit boards are at least easily farmable with energy, even though it is a bit dumb to have to farm a 6 energy node when you are well past that level of progression. The rest is just pain and especially the transistors shouldn't be that much of an issue.
    Chromium transistors though shouldn't be an issue. If you look for the Mk7 Blastech Weapon Mod in the guild store, you can buy 5 for 150 credits. That gives you 33 of them for 150 guild store credits. Buy that gear piece every time you see it in guild store and at least that's one relic material that will stop being an issue.
    hello
  • Options
    Chromiums are simple, Aurodiums are usually just MK 3 Holos… Electriums and Zinbiddles are annoying, but also not super high demand.

Carbonites and Bronziums are usually the most frustrating. MK 5 Datapads can be nice to cash in since they’re a Shock Prod byproduct, but both still need active farming.
  • Options
    or managing resorces

Mind sharing your SWGOH.gg link to evaluate if you’re even at the progression to need to worry about such issues yet?

Also if you indeed did read Wookie’s post he even says that there’s a difference between managing your resources and CG simply not knowing how to progress the demands/needs of the gear economy properly.

CG has not kept up their promises to fix the gear economy and have not done what they said they would do. They promised two phases of changes to the gear economy with a potential third if needed and after 6 months have only done about half of the first phase. They have no excuse for not following up.

They also have no excuse for being unable to properly progress their gear economy by continuing to force us to double or triple dip the same gear pieces over and over again. We need core gear for progression up to g12. Then at G12 we need that core gear again for g12 finishers. Then we need the early gear again for scrap for relic materials. That also goes for G12 and G12+ Gear being needed for their applicable levels and then for relic scrap. That’s not ok.

It has nothing to do with managing our resources when CG is incapable of giving us the tools to do so properly
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    or managing resorces

Also if you indeed did read Wookie’s post he even says that there’s a difference between managing your resources and CG simply not knowing how to progress the demands/needs of the gear economy properly.

yes there is a difference

we disagree on which side this issue lies
    hello
  • Options
    or managing resorces

Clearly. You can disagree with him all you want but that doesn’t change the fact that CG has done a horrible job with their gear economy. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Relic-6 mats aren't too bad if your willing to spend some Shard Currency on 360 purchases to balance out the game giving you mismatched raid rewards.

The Holos for Relic-5 are an issue since they are also hugely demanded at G6-9 ranges.
    I blow most of my Guild Tokens on Holos & Carbs w/ the rare purchase of Mk5 Thermals.

Zinbindles & Higher are a joke. A sad joke.
    Seriously, unless its a top end (GAS+) or GL requirement I don't even bother with Relic-7 & my Relic-8 is strictly for GL Reqs.
    I don't even give my GLs Relic-8 yet. Not enough of the G12 pieces drop for it.
    Got 200 aeromags & no where near enough G12 pieces to convert into the other half of R8 mats.
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    or managing resorces

Clearly. You can disagree with him all you want but that doesn’t change the fact that CG has done a horrible job with their gear economy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

“Fact”
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    or managing resorces

“Fact”

Yes, it is a fact. You think that the progression of the gear economy has been handled properly? Lmao now that’s funny
  • Options
    or managing resorces

“Fact”

Yes, it is a fact.

no its an opinion
    hello
  • Options
    Circuit boards - buy with crystals
    Bronziums - tons
    Chromium transitors - farm mats for MK7 BAW armor mod then craft it through some trash char

Simple.
  • Options
    The carbonites is a known issue and according to CG that is not designed to be a scarce resource but so far they haven’t manage to fix it.
  • Options
    The carbonites is a known issue and according to CG that is not designed to be a scarce resource but so far they haven’t manage to fix it.

do you have a source
    hello
  • Options
    or managing resorces

“Fact”

Yes, it is a fact.

no its an opinion

Well since CG themselves said the gear Economy needs updating, and just stopped halfway, "fact" is pretty fair.
  • Options
    or managing resorces

“Fact”

Yes, it is a fact.

no its an opinion

Well since CG themselves said the gear Economy needs updating, and just stopped halfway, "fact" is pretty fair.

this is thread about relic mats

did they say anything about relic mats
    hello
  • Options
    Yeah, and guess what I use to craft relic materials... If you have found a new resource to craft them enlighten me, but til then I'll see gear and relics kinda tied together.
  • Options
    you use stun guns?
    hello
  • Options
    More AB would be nice to get more relics. Quite a few factions are still uncovered and 3 stars all tiers was an interesting challenge.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    you use stun guns?

Yes, I believe there are several levels on stun guns you can use for circuit boards, what’s your point?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    you use stun guns?

Yes, I believe there are several levels on stun guns you can use for circuit boards, what’s your point?

did not ask if it was possible

hello
  • Options
    To everyone saying they don't have a problem with bronziums, please link us to your SWGOH.gg roster. I've been playing since 2016 and am down to 50 or so of each of those pieces that make bronziums, and I'm a F2P hoarder that doesn't lightly relic up characters unless they're GL requirements, Exec fleet crew, etc
  • Options
    Seriously look at my roster and then at these two screenshots and tell me the gear system is well managed.
    4x6raqirm2xa.png
    u1y17uva3sna.png