Relic Materials at all time low, Scaling VS demand is non existent.

Replies

• ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    you use stun guns?

Yes, I believe there are several levels on stun guns you can use for circuit boards, what’s your point?

did not ask if it was possible

And you know full well people aren’t using mk 5 guns for relic scrap.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    If CG had wanted to even begin to address the circuit board and bronzium wiring bottleneck, the newer R8 and R9 wouldn't have required them. Instead we need them for relic levels that already have massively high requirements. Seems pretty clear that they want us to spend 600cr to buy them rather than them providing more ways to get those mats.

A good start would be putting Circuit Board packs in one of the non-crystal stores like Guild or Shard, but it'd frankly surprise me to see them do that now. Relics are their bread and butter at this point, and anything that valuable they want you to spend crystals for.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    you use stun guns?

Yes, I believe there are several levels on stun guns you can use for circuit boards, what’s your point?

right

thats the point
    hello
  • Options
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned signal data yet? I find these harder to manage than gear for the scavenger.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    PoederAmon wrote: »
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned signal data yet? I find these harder to manage than gear for the scavenger.

My issue is that CG has us farming or buying with crystals gear (and/or the relics they make) that is dropped from level 5 enemies. Could you imagine playing Pokemon, dark souls, etc and getting gated in the end game, forced to go back and farm drops from enemies you fought literally during the tutorial?

I don't have an issue with signal data. Those are on advanced notes released recently, and should be used and scarse in the late game.

Having to farm white/green gear after having played the game for six+ years is a slap in the face. It's as some have said either malicious, or negligent; CG hasn't addressed the difference in the mountain of gear vets were sitting on when the scavenger was introduced and the drip rate of acquiring that gear since. If it's on purpose and they're just trying to extort crystals from us to buy bronziums, then they should not have said they were going to fix the gear economy.

Why am I sitting on 1000s of G12 finishers ready to either use or crunch into relics, but I am lacking in the gear needed for literally gear levels 1-5? That is a poorly managed gear economy.
  • Lumiya
    1539 posts Member
    Options

My issue is that CG has us farming or buying with crystals gear (and/or the relics they make) that is dropped from level 5 enemies. Could you imagine playing Pokemon, dark souls, etc and getting gated in the end game, forced to go back and farm drops from enemies you fought literally during the tutorial?

I don't have an issue with signal data. Those are on advanced notes released recently, and should be used and scarse in the late game.

Having to farm white/green gear after having played the game for six+ years is a slap in the face. It's as some have said either malicious, or negligent; CG hasn't addressed the difference in the mountain of gear vets were sitting on when the scavenger was introduced and the drip rate of acquiring that gear since. If it's on purpose and they're just trying to extort crystals from us to buy bronziums, then they should not have said they were going to fix the gear economy.

Why am I sitting on 1000s of G12 finishers ready to either use or crunch into relics, but I am lacking in the gear needed for literally gear levels 1-5? That is a poorly managed gear economy.

As a 1 year player I actually understand both.
    This "early" in the game, one has a lot of characters that still need to be farmed in Cantina. So every time you want to relic a character you have to decide if you skip the character farming to farm signal data or if you finish the character farming and your relic has to wait. Of course you can also split it, but then it takes longer. Please keep also in mind that newer players don't necessarily get enough crystals daily to do 3 Cantina refreshes + normal energy and/or fleet. So they already have to set priorities.

Of course you are also right. I already struggle with getting enough low gear that I can use for relics, especially because I also have a lot more characters that still need to be geared up, so it's also needed for them.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

k
  • Options
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

k

Trolls gonna troll…
  • Options
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

Who claimed they were using Mk5 guns for Relic scrap?

The gear referenced here was the lower tier gear like mk1 guns and similar gear farmed in the first two or 3 zones on the PVE tables. Also referenced were the g12 gear pieces needed to make high level relic pieces like impulse detectors (r8) and electrium conductors as well as zimbiddle cards. Not to mention what’s needed for the gyrda keypads.

Again, I ask you if you could link your SWGOH.GG account for us so we can see just where you’re at claiming you have zero issues with this relic crunch and gear crunch issue
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

you missed the point

but im moving on
    hello
  • Options
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

you missed the point

but im moving on

Starting to see a pattern here.
  • PoederAmon
    262 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

For me, I'm only short on CCB's. There's a few gear pieces that I don't consciously farm, but I do have quite a pile of them that replenish quite naturally like Mk III droid callers, Mk I nubian discs and Mk I medpacs. Sometimes I use crystals to buy 120 of them. It's a fine deal.

The signal data is more scarce and makes me force certain choices like spending crystals on refreshes or delay farming certain toons. And although I understand your "backtracking" argument, I don't find it more annoying than breaking my head on how to get signal data.

The signal data is too exclusively available on nodes while CCB's for example are rewarded in more game modes in higher volumes than signal data.

Long story short: if you had more gear to craft relic mats, you'd be short on signal data and that would be the next bottleneck.
  • Options
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

you missed the point

but im moving on

So you won’t show us your account and progression to substantiate your statements?

Also what’s your point? You said gear and relic material aren’t tied together which is not true. You also said that mk5 guns were being scrapped which isn’t true. Well, insinuated to be fair.

You’re moving on from what? False statements and dodging requests to substantiate your comments?
  • Options

For me, I'm only short on CCB's. There's a few gear pieces that I don't consciously farm, but I do have quite a pile of them that replenish quite naturally like Mk III droid callers, Mk I nubian discs and Mk I medpacs. Sometimes I use crystals to buy 120 of them. It's a fine deal.

The signal data is more scarce and makes me force certain choices like spending crystals on refreshes or delay farming certain toons. And although I understand your "backtracking" argument, I don't find it more annoying than breaking my head on how to get signal data.

The signal data is too exclusively available on nodes while CCB's for example are rewarded in more game modes in higher volumes than signal data.

Long story short: if you had more gear to craft relic mats, you'd be short on signal data and that would be the next bottleneck.

Which is more easily managed. The double dipping into G12 gear for the higher end relic materials is the biggest F… Y… from CG.

I honestly don’t mind the CCB’s or bronzium or chromium relic materials personally but acknowledge the issue those have with them.
    The Heat sinks aren’t awful and the electriums are eh…but zimbiddles, impulse detectors and keypads are just a joke. That and kyro’s
  • Options
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

you missed the point

but im moving on

So you won’t show us your account and progression to substantiate your statements?

Also what’s your point? You said gear and relic material aren’t tied together which is not true. You also said that mk5 guns were being scrapped which isn’t true. Well, insinuated to be fair.

You’re moving on from what? False statements and dodging requests to substantiate your comments?

He has not point.
  • Options
    Seriously look at my roster and then at these two screenshots and tell me the gear system is well managed.
    4x6raqirm2xa.png
    u1y17uva3sna.png
    There’s a lot of conflation going on in this thread.

The gear economy changes that have not yet delivered were intended to alleviate the crunch on core gear, like stun guns, stun cuffs etc.

If they implemented these changes tomorrow, what difference is it going to make on the circuit board or bronzium wiring crunch?

I think another issue here is that many long time players (me included) made an incorrect assumption when the scavenger (or salvager as they’ve called it in recent update notes?) first appeared in game. I can’t be the only one who saw the vast quantities of low level gear I had, thinking “CCB and BW will NEVER be an issue for me”. But I was wrong. Just yesterday I took magmatrooper to g13 and the only thing I was short of was CCBs to take him to r5. And that’s my 143rd g13 character, so it’s not the first time that’s happened.

People in this thread think the CCB crunch needs “fixed”, and some seem to think the remaining phase 1 gear economy changes will fix it. I’m not sure the devs would agree that this needs fixed, and I definitely don’t think the remaining gear economy changes will have any meaningful impact on this specific issue.

• Options
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

you missed the point

but im moving on

Well, since your point isn't well presented or rationally feasible it's kinda hard to find it.
    I don't use stun guns to craft relics obviously, but since the bottleneck just moved from stun guns to carbantis I might change that soon.
    The point everybody else is trying to make, is that the relics use up all of the lower gear AND use many of the rare g12 pieces as well. so, yeah, I have enough for the middle relics but the circuit boards and the higher relic mats are a pain in the posterior to get.
    So updating the gear Economy to make lower gear more accessible will in fact affect the relic grind. And with the rate of new releases I need the lower gear for them all the time as well, even though I'm nearing 4 years of active FTP time.

And with CG teasing an updated gear economy and then never following through, its understandable that people get frustrated. A short message would be nice: Hey guys the estimated impact seem to have been reached with the first part of phase 1, we'll monitor the situation for half a year to include hoarding etc., in the final review, and then adapt the rest of the phase 1 and 2 accordingly.

But no, rather tell us about razor crest in shipments 2 weeks after the fact.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

The gear referenced here was the lower tier gear like mk1 guns and similar gear farmed in the first two or 3 zones on the PVE tables. Also referenced were the g12 gear pieces needed to make high level relic pieces like impulse detectors (r8) and electrium conductors as well as zimbiddle cards. Not to mention what’s needed for the gyrda keypads.

Again, I ask you if you could link your SWGOH.GG account for us so we can see just where you’re at claiming you have zero issues with this relic crunch and gear crunch issue

Asking a multi to post his swgoh.gg profile? That's pointless.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Seriously look at my roster and then at these two screenshots and tell me the gear system is well managed.

Jesus **** ... we have very similar GP and rosters, and my G12 gear is 100% depleted...
  • Options
    you use stun guns?

right

thats the point

you missed the point

but im moving on
    The point everybody else is trying to make, is that the relics use up all of the lower gear AND use many of the rare g12 pieces as well. so, yeah, I have enough for the middle relics but the circuit boards and the higher relic mats are a pain in the posterior to get.
    So updating the gear Economy to make lower gear more accessible will in fact affect the relic grind. And with the rate of new releases I need the lower gear for them all the time as well, even though I'm nearing 4 years of active FTP time.

And with CG teasing an updated gear economy and then never following through, its understandable that people get frustrated.
    I think this could end in disappointment for you. The promised gear economy changes were absolutely not aimed at making lower gear more accessible. They were aimed at making core gear more accessible.

That's what I meant by conflation.
  • Options
    4x6raqirm2xa.png
    u1y17uva3sna.png

xc20sdabpl6l.png
    r0r18oqeb36g.png

I guess player experience varies. You probably do better in raid than me, so you deserve your impressive g12 stash.
    Did you try to sort by quantity to check if you don’t have some stock left for Bronzium ?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, they really need to flat out the HSR-rewards. That is probably also the reason why we can't sim ist yet. They either had to give out "too much" G12-gear and full pieces, or none at all.
  • waxweazle01
    34 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I think the easiest way for CCB and BW would be an adjusted exchange rate. They could easily increase it by 50-100%. That would have helped (me) a lot. I also find it cheeky that higher Relic levels also require ALL the materials from the previous ones.

I've never really understood CG's gear concept anyway. Other games do it much better in my opinion. Each gear section (grey, green, blue, ... ) has its own gear and level range and there should be little/no crossover. This also makes it very easy for game design to influence the gear economy. However, if you ask for gearpiece over and over again over 4-5 gearlevels, you can't balance it properly.
  • Options
    I think the easiest way for CCB and BW would be an adjusted exchange rate. They could easily increase it by 50-100%. That would have helped (me) a lot. I also find it cheeky that higher Relic levels also require ALL the materials from the previous ones.

I've never really understood CG's gear concept anyway. Other games do it much better in my opinion. Each gear section (grey, green, blue, ... ) has its own gear and level range and there should be little/no crossover. This also makes it very easy for game design to influence the gear economy. However, if you ask for gearpiece over and over again over 4-5 gearlevels, you can't balance it properly.
    I agree with both your suggestion and the problem you identified.

When the g12+ gear was released, and most of them need stun guns, carbanti, stun cuffs etc, it was a ridiculous decision.
  • Options
    When relic 9 came out requiring all the same stuff I quit the game.

It only lasted 3 weeks cos I had difficulties giving my account to a guild member so just came back, but it was enough of a driver for me to throw it in.

In my opinion they need to address it.
    797-722-718
  • Options
    They definitely need to re-calibrate it. RELIC 1 mats are running LOW and becoming a PAIN, so are relic 3 materials. Having to divert energy farms just to replenish these items just makes farming impossible, which is why CG keep throwing catch up packs at us all. Maybe this was entirely engineered so they could dangle these catch-up packs in front of the checkout `crawl height` because they knew that's exactly where we would be!!!

Then they decided to put relic 8 requirements on a load of toons specifically for GLs. But the issue with that again is the material farm specifically needed for relic 8, is the exact same materials required to take toons from g12 to g13 in the first place!!! - A terrible Awful decision!!!

Impulse Detectors are the absolute WORST!!! - The farm for this is dreadful. They should have thrown in a few of these for RANCOR. I don't see the logic behind not doing this.

The SAD truth is that CG doesn't have a team or even a person whose job is to implement and manage gear economy in the game. Resources just go into designing, new toons, and packs. That's it. There is no rhyme or reason for the madness of it all which is why we all just sit here complaining about it.

If it becomes a large enough of a PROBLEM i.e enough people SHOUT!! they will simply pull a PACK designer to one side and say, create a RESOURCE Catch up PACK, with relics 1-7 and set it at $20.

Because that's all they have ever done.
  • Options
    The carbonites is a known issue and according to CG that is not designed to be a scarce resource but so far they haven’t manage to fix it.

do you have a source

Yes. This forum.
  • Starslayer
    2421 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    But the issue with that again is the material farm specifically needed for relic 8, is the exact same materials required to take toons from g12 to g13 in the first place!!! - A terrible Awful decision!!!

I don’t really care tbh, it just means i have to make a strategic decision between the 2 options.
  • Options
    The carbonites is a known issue and according to CG that is not designed to be a scarce resource but so far they haven’t manage to fix it.

do you have a source

Yes. This forum.

Could you direct us to where on the forum CG stated that it's not designed to be a scarce resource but they haven't managed to fix it, rather than being so enigmatic?