No news about May the fourth?

Prev13
Solarite
26 posts Member
Hello everyone,

I didn’t see news about Star Wars special celebration?
Any informations?

Thx :)

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    The discord Datamine shos a lot of packs and a calendar coming

The calendar being put out in the data mine is lackluster at best. In the past we’ve gotten much better May 4th goodies so if it’s just packs and a lackluster calendar then that would be highly disappointing.

Not to mention it would be nice for official updates on their official forums. Not everyone is on the SWGOG events discord
  • LordDirt
    5009 posts Member
    Options
    expect nothing, enjoy whatever we get
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-day-video-game-deals

Just says "a special gift." Based on years past, it'll be more than just the calendar, but they don't always tell us much beforehand. Need an update for Conquest, so probably find out today.
  • Solarite
    26 posts Member
    Options
    1 day before and still no news ...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Solarite wrote: »

Bet you're lousy to hang out with on Christmas eve.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Chewbacca clone wars shards..... woooo
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Double drops are also coming
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

You made me laugh but what I think OP and others are saying is, We haven’t really had any build up about it, communication this year has been really lacking. Usually we have posts by now and there have even been videos on sites such as starwars.com.
    It is like the night before Christmas but having no shops or houses decorated for it.. CG need to work on their hype, they have one of the biggest IPS and they suck at causing hype for this game.
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Historically we've received better rewards on the game's anniversary in November than in star wars day. Here's hoping that's not the case for this year, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Kripty wrote: »

You made me laugh but what I think OP and others are saying is, We haven’t really had any build up about it, communication this year has been really lacking. Usually we have posts by now and there have even been videos on sites such as starwars.com.
    It is like the night before Christmas but having no shops or houses decorated for it.. CG need to work on their hype, they have one of the biggest IPS and they suck at causing hype for this game.

What build up do you need? It always goes may 1, may 2, may 3, MAY the 4th! Surprise?!
  • wildnz
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Double drops , a calendar and a pack for 5k that gives 330 shards for characters I mostly have at 7*. Once again some timezones get 5hrs notice of double drops and others 24. Why is this not communicated in advance so it's at least fair to all @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Can I collect it for free tomorrow?
    ln077q1lbkio.png
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »
    ln077q1lbkio.png

Yes. The crystal cost is only there if you are impatient.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    ln077q1lbkio.png

Yes. The crystal cost is only there if you are impatient.

Ok. Poorly explained by the ingame interface
  • Reights
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Kripty wrote: »

What build up do you need? It always goes may 1, may 2, may 3, MAY the 4th! Surprise?!

Bet you're lousy to invite to birthdays.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    ln077q1lbkio.png

Lol 1 omicron

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I didn’t see news about Star Wars special celebration?

Star Wars special celebration? Why is Star Wars celebrating something on Moon Knight Finale day?
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    ln077q1lbkio.png

Lol 1 omicron

Better than the one zeta in the monthly calendar.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    wildnz wrote: »
    Double drops... Once again some timezones get 5hrs notice of double drops and others 24. Why is this not communicated in advance so it's at least fair to all @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Same here my guy. Did all my farms and refreshes before work, saw the double drops after the stores refreshed.

Sadly I'm pretty sure that the reason why is because CG knows that players will (I know I will) use 100 (normal/fleet/mod) and 200 (cantina) refreshes to store energy before double drops in addition to their normal 50s/100s. Better for them as a company to give out less double drops to some of the player base rather than announce it in advance for greater equity and maximize the double drops they give out to all the player base.

It is a kitten'ing for players whose reset falls earlier? Yes. Is it ironic that every 'celebration' feels like a kitten to those players while others get hooked up, instead of a PR/goodwill win for everyone? Yes. Are these decisions likely made by bean-counting corporate vampires at EA? Yes, and that's why they'd rather stiff a % of the playerbase, because everything is about the bottom line to them.
  • ennng
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Out of habit, I simply deleted marketing messages in the in-app inbox... can someone please share (also for those that maybe haven't gotten the in-app announcement yet) the double drop info? CG seems to have no interest in covering their own events.... Where do the drops appear, and what sort of drops? I really like getting a few Nego shards from the new calendar, but if I can better optimize the double drops (we should all have a chance to do so, these are rare enough you shouldn't be marginalized because of geography, that's ****), that would be great!
  • ennng
    2 posts Member
    Options
    What the... I didn't even write anything bad, and it's censoring the post... is this site run by **** or some sort of children's association?
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    ennng wrote: »
    What the... I didn't even write anything bad, and it's censoring the post... is this site run by **** or some sort of children's association?

Think about what the abbreviation stands for. That's why it's censored.

Double drops:
    "For a limited time, all Light Side Battles, Dark Side Battles, Mod Battles, Cantina Battles, and Fleet Battles are rewarding double drops from 5/4 through 5/5.

Note: This does not include Galactic Legend Event tickets."
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    ennng wrote: »

Think about what the abbreviation stands for. That's why it's censored.

Bastila Shawn?
  • Options
    what a crappy set of may the 4th event rewards. not even 24 hour ntoice on bonus drops. ea/cg dissapoints and spits on players as usual
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Wasn’t that announced like a week ago ? I can’t remember where but i read about the 2 days double drop last week. Not sure if it was a message in game, a forum post or something else.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Wasn’t that announced like a week ago ? I can’t remember where but i read about the 2 days double drop last week. Not sure if it was a message in game, a forum post or something else.

Isn't even more bad, then? They announced it already on forums and it was in datamine a day before the ingame notification appeared? So why don't they also announce it ingame earlier? It is no secret and if you click it away you won't miss it when double drops are live
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Nope. People have been begging for more info about 4 May for weeks. (We all assumed CG Meathead was still trying to get the last patch notes together) This is evidenced by people still asking in his 27 April Patch Notes. If it was datamined, then it was on another site. We didn't hear a peep about May 4 on the official forums nor in app until the in-game popup today.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Isn't even more bad, then? They announced it already on forums and it was in datamine a day before the ingame notification appeared? So why don't they also announce it ingame earlier? It is no secret and if you click it away you won't miss it when double drops are live

Yeah, seems weird to have not done the in-game yesterday. But not surprising that CG is bad at communication.

Also a bummer that the rewards this year are so much worse than last year.