Proving Grounds Release?

2Next

Replies

• TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    They had to address why CAT shards were going to be unavailable or would you prefer radio silence on why they pulled CAT shards from the game for weeks / months until the Proving Grounds event was ready?

Did they address it? I know Meathead said something about it in the Events Discord but I haven’t seen anything more official.

I would like it if there was a bit more communication on how things were going. I get that ETAs are hard to do (and that people can sometimes underestimate the work required / not read signs saying how much work is required, but it’s still nice to hear “we’re working on it”.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I will let CG know that the players prefer radio silence when CG pulls shards away in the future until 2 days before they are ready to release the shards!

You have such a clear disdain for the player base, why do you mod for this site?
    And you also have a great ability to ignore the actual point of the conversation and create a straw man argument every single time.

Please just step down from being a mod if this is the sort of response a very valid criticism and question from the community brings.

Thanks!

It's not a disdain for the entire player base. It's disdain for frivolous complaints. In this example, someone complains about late communication, then complains the communication was too early.

That is clearly not the main point of the argument, are we serious right now?

The complaint of the player base is that CG tells us about proving grounds, which is supposed to coincide with the 1 year anniversary of CAT. We were told over a year ago that all conquest characters would be more easily farmable after that one year mark. We are now at that point with radio silence, while at the same time CAT has mysteriously been removed from the conquest store even though RC is still there.

Well, if we had hit the 1 yr mark already, you might almost have a point.

Okay, so why has she been removed from the conquest store then? Why are we not following the same cadence as RC? And if CG is planning on suddenly changing that cadence, why were we not informed at all about it?

The only info left out was that CAT was removed from conquest store prior to PG release. Everything else was either announced, or easily deduced by anyone with half a brain.
  • Options
    I will let CG know that the players prefer radio silence when CG pulls shards away in the future until 2 days before they are ready to release the shards!

You have such a clear disdain for the player base, why do you mod for this site?
    And you also have a great ability to ignore the actual point of the conversation and create a straw man argument every single time.

Please just step down from being a mod if this is the sort of response a very valid criticism and question from the community brings.

Thanks!

It's not a disdain for the entire player base. It's disdain for frivolous complaints. In this example, someone complains about late communication, then complains the communication was too early.

The complaint of the player base is that CG tells us about proving grounds, which is supposed to coincide with the 1 year anniversary of CAT. We were told over a year ago that all conquest characters would be more easily farmable after that one year mark. We are now at that point with radio silence, while at the same time CAT has mysteriously been removed from the conquest store even though RC is still there.

Okay, so why has she been removed from the conquest store then? Why are we not following the same cadence as RC? And if CG is planning on suddenly changing that cadence, why were we not informed at all about it?

The only info left out was that CAT was removed from conquest store prior to PG release. Everything else was either announced, or easily deduced by anyone with half a brain.

And that is extremely important info. Not only that, the sudden change doesn't make any sense to anyone with half a brain given that RC is still there.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Thanks!

And that is extremely important info. Not only that, the sudden change doesn't make any sense to anyone with half a brain given that RC is still there.

How is it relevant? Conquest is fairly new, as far as toons being retired from there goes. There is no precedent, and therefore you should have no expectations as to what is "supposed" to happen. You are making assumptions based on what you want or think should happen.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

This is not the way and I am sure in your heart you know that, too. We don't want less communication, we want honest communication.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »

Thanks!

How is it relevant? Conquest is fairly new, as far as toons being retired from there goes. There is no precedent, and therefore you should have no expectations as to what is "supposed" to happen. You are making assumptions based on what you want or think should happen.

Okay, you're a bit braindead my friend. We quite literally just had a conquest character released, it's called Razor Crest. And given CG's rollout of it, the precedent they themselves set, we should know exactly what should happen with future conquest characters. The only differentiation they have made so far is that future conquest characters will be releasing in PG, at no point did they say they would be removed from the conquest store.

It's like talking to a brick wall except I lose braincells while doing it, I'm done humoring you. Cya!

Pretty sure there was a whole announcement about proving grounds and CAT being the first toon there. Does that not differentiate the precedent set regarding RC? Not clear enough for ya?

Well it does not explain, why they don't follow their own cadence. RC was the first conquest toon, so it should be the first to go out of stores and go into proving grounds. If they change things without explanations, we can't trust anything we know or conclude, because is becomes arbitrary.

It's not arbitrary. And the release of PG is more than enough reason to deviate from established cadence (if you can consider ONE time a cadence).

While waiting a few weeks is bothersome (for the few people currently needing her shards), it will be more than worth the wait to have a way to get free conquest toon shards. Personally anything that means I'm punished less for not going all out on conquest is more than welcome.

Besides that, if anyone wants her bad enough, she has been available in shipments this whole time. With the extra crystal income from GAC now, she's basically free. Make sure to write a thank you note.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

Thanks!

Okay, you're a bit braindead my friend. We quite literally just had a conquest character released, it's called Razor Crest. And given CG's rollout of it, the precedent they themselves set, we should know exactly what should happen with future conquest characters. The only differentiation they have made so far is that future conquest characters will be releasing in PG, at no point did they say they would be removed from the conquest store.

It's like talking to a brick wall except I lose braincells while doing it, I'm done humoring you. Cya!

Pretty sure there was a whole announcement about proving grounds and CAT being the first toon there. Does that not differentiate the precedent set regarding RC? Not clear enough for ya?

Well it does not explain, why they don't follow their own cadence. RC was the first conquest toon, so it should be the first to go out of stores and go into proving grounds. If they change things without explanations, we can't trust anything we know or conclude, because is becomes arbitrary.

It's not arbitrary. And the release of PG is more than enough reason to deviate from established cadence (if you can consider ONE time a cadence).

While waiting a few weeks is bothersome (for the few people currently needing her shards), it will be more than worth the wait to have a way to get free conquest toon shards. Personally anything that means I'm punished less for not going all out on conquest is more than welcome.

Besides that, if anyone wants her bad enough, she has been available in shipments this whole time. With the extra crystal income from GAC now, she's basically free. Make sure to write a thank you note.

I am not talking about the 1-year cadence and PG being late. I am talking about why CAT was taken out first, even when RC was the first Conquest unit.
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Options
    They had to address why CAT shards were going to be unavailable or would you prefer radio silence on why they pulled CAT shards from the game for weeks / months until the Proving Grounds event was ready?

Don't they have a test or UAT environment where they can look at all the outcomes prior to implementing them in the game?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Thanks!

I am not talking about the 1-year cadence and PG being late. I am talking about why CAT was taken out first, even when RC was the first Conquest unit.

Probably because everyone and their dog already have RC? Or because they just felt like it? Why do they have to have a reason? Can't we just appreciate having another way to get free shards?
  • Mohrg
    200 posts Member
    Options
    What would have been nice in the proving ground post was a target date, every software dev team I have worked with has given target dates, these slip and outright move and even get scrapped, people understand that.
    I'm going to assume that proving grounds is either the last week of May to fall after the 1 year anniversary or has been pushed back due to some reason that crops up in development and will arrive at some point.
    I suspect the razor crest hasn't been taken out of the store is down to it being needed for an event, so having no way to earn it would really suck.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    the thing with RC is they made it farmable in fleet arena store before inventing proving grounds and they didn’t want to take it away from that store

So it’s still farmable as it used to be

you know, as they stated in PG announcement
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    the thing with RC is they made it farmable in fleet arena store before inventing proving grounds and they didn’t want to take it away from that store

So it’s still farmable as it used to be

you know, as they stated in PG announcement
    Will other Units be in Proving Grounds to farm?
    Yes! Razor Crest will also be in Proving grounds and no we will not be removing it from Fleet Shipments.

Will more units be added to Proving Grounds?

Yes! It is our intention to use Proving Grounds as a location for players to earn specific Units over time, but at the initial release Commander Ahsoka Tano and Razor Crest will be the two available Units.

They did not state why they took Away CAT from the store and not RC, when both shall move to PG. This even supports my claim that they don't follow their release cadence, first in, first out.
    Of course it is good for the players that RC is still farmable as it is a requirement to unlock Executor. If that was the intention, being nice to the players for once, why didn't they point that out in their communication?
  • Options

They stated very early on ( in the conquest era ) that RC was a sort of test conquest character and would not have the same cadence, as conquest was still in "working it out" stage, thats why it was 400 not 475 in the store
    Also as others have said RC is needed for Executor so would needed to be more available for the whole player base
    I have RC at 7* and have unlocked Executor was spending all conquest store tokens on CAT but the fact its going to be a few weeks more doesn't really matter IMHO
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    CG can decide to do what they like but I think some are missing why some players get frustrated. Some players were and are still lower level to efficiently farm, so may have been farming all this time like myself. Conquest characters are difficult to obtain until you unlock hard conquest. I am not complaining, I just want to finish off and get this character. PG seems like it will be a great solution, which is why so many are chasing news of its release. I have already invested over 19k crystals to catch up, not including refreshes during conquest events.

So if we do not get PG this week as we hoped (for 1 year anniversary of CAT release) what is the best way to progress? Would it be better to save crystals and wait - assuming refreshes work out cheaper than weekly shipments. Or to continue weekly shipment purchases but have less crystals saved up once PG releases for refreshes.

We know PG will give us 20 free in first attempt. And unlimited refreshes but it’s hard to figure the best approach without more information.

5 shards is 600 crystals. Assuming PG refreshes are fixed 999 crystal (complete guess) I could get my last 100 in 3996 crystals. But at the shipment rate it’s 12,000. So, it would be worth waiting. But if the cost is more or even accumulative increase each refresh I may not save much and might as well purchase more weekly shipments.

• PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Better don't wait and don't assume something they promised is going to be released. Do you remember they announced to finish the remain of gear economy phase 1 and announce phase 2? And here We Are 9 months later with 0 news and 0 progress on alliviate bottlenecks (but exponentially increased).
    The Best is to assume proving grounds is going to follow the same cadence.
  • Options
    Maybe we should just assume that CG has no plans to make CAT farmable 1 year from her release, bucking the tradition of every journey guide toon they've introduced and their promise that Conquest toons would be farmable one year from their release date.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they postpone PG as long as the CAT shards are bought frequently in shipments. Why abandon a working crystal sink?
  • Options
    Announced on April 13th and then radio silence some 35 days later. If CG excels at anything it's making claims/promises then taking forever to follow through.

So you are saying CG should never post another State of The Galaxy or Road Ahead ever again?

Just announce things a week or few days before release?

They should release what they have already promised before releasing anymore state of the galaxies or road aheads.
  • Options
    Announced on April 13th and then radio silence some 35 days later. If CG excels at anything it's making claims/promises then taking forever to follow through.

So you are saying CG should never post another State of The Galaxy or Road Ahead ever again?

Proving Grounds wasn't in a State of the Galaxy or Road Ahead. It had its own post, and referenced the 1 year anni since CAT's arrival, which is this month. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/255344/new-proving-grounds-event#latest

Maybe you could be like "well there's no specific date in the post...." sure. But curiously everything else they've announced since is in the game or has a date or time attached to it. Like Grand Inquisitor at the end of June. And most importantly, the anniversary of CAT was specifically mentioned. Well the anniversary is upon us and all we've had is a vanished CAT from conquest's shop and now she's conveniently available again for crystals only. But she'd vanished for a LONG time with radio silence on CG's part. It doesn't build the confidence of their customer base when they just stop talking and don't acknowledge that they removed her from the shop.

And still no word on when Proving Grounds is going to release makes everything look worse for them and builds more ire from their customers.

Yes swgoh customers do not trust CG. CG is to inconsistent to be trusted and they never communicate why they are inconsistent.
  • Schwartzring
    1426 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Maybe they postpone PG as long as the CAT shards are bought frequently in shipments. Why abandon a working crystal sink?

Messed up part is I STOPPED spending Crystals when they put her in Shipments.

I was buying them from the Conquest store & STOPPED when they announced PG.

All they have done is cost me time & themselves the Crystals that I was spending on her, or any $$ I might have given them since this is just 1 more badly executed thing they have done.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

All they have done is cost me time & themselves the Crystals that I was spending on her, or any $$ I might have given them since this is just 1 more badly executed thing they have done.

I did the opposite. Instead of waiting I just finished her with crystals. Instead complaining on the forums, I have a geared up, fully zeta CAT ready for action.
  • Options
    (for the few people currently needing her shards)
    There you go again stating things as if only a small # of people don't have her.
    Like 10% of the Players in game have her open, so, that means 90% don't, that is more than a "few" people.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    (for the few people currently needing her shards)
    There you go again stating things as if only a small # of people don't have her.
    Like 10% of the Players in game have her open, so, that means 90% don't, that is more than a "few" people.

It's not sensible to include every player that doesn't have her. There is a small portion of which this delay is affecting.

We should not only discount those who have her, but also those nowhere near having her yet as well.
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Options

I did the opposite. Instead of waiting I just finished her with crystals. Instead complaining on the forums, I have a geared up, fully zeta CAT ready for action.

Well congratulations, good job doing what you wanted to do, but the rest of the player base who don't want to throw unnecessary resources at getting her when a free method was said to be available soon.

I had been spending a load of crystals to get get Maul but when they announce PG I stopped focusing my crystals on him as a free method was coming in a few months. This gives me the scope to go for a GL or farm gear for bad batch or something.

I reckon a lot of people who don't wanna spend or just throw a waste of resources and actually be calculated how they farm characters are doing the same.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Binary wrote: »

Well congratulations, good job doing what you wanted to do, but the rest of the player base who don't want to throw unnecessary resources at getting her when a free method was said to be available soon.

I had been spending a load of crystals to get get Maul but when they announce PG I stopped focusing my crystals on him as a free method was coming in a few months. This gives me the scope to go for a GL or farm gear for bad batch or something.

I reckon a lot of people who don't wanna spend or just throw a waste of resources and actually be calculated how they farm characters are doing the same.

I waited a bit. But I've been around long enough to figure it was worth a gamble to just pull the trigger. Seems I was right.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    More screen time? Just what everyone has been asking for!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you