Hey CG, did you forget?

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    How foolish of me to think you were actually referencing something to hold CG accountable lol
    Ok. What's your definition of "accountable" in this case?

Oh there is a laundry list but I’ll try and be as to the point as possible.

Accountable for the promised gear changes they made almost a year ago in the State of the Gearlaxy address in September of 2021. Why has the rest not rolled out? Why are reps saying it’s done and the rest of the promised changes are out? Why ZERO communication on it?

Accountable for their lack of quality testing their game. Why are there constant bugs coming with every event and update? Why no follow ups? No compensation at all?

Accountable for a complete lack of any future information on these RA’s and SoTG? Everything announced in them lately has already been previously announced or known about for quite some time prior to those posts. Are they unaware what future or “road ahead”means?

Accountable for their blatant disregard to player feedback. Players have been literally begging for fixes, QoL updates, UI updates to dozens of issues. Players were adamant about DataCons yet CG plugged away and still put them in, making the most **** decision to include GL’s with these bonuses, furthering the top end players and spenders away from the rest of the player base

Should I continue?
  • Options
    13 lvl9 datacrons req to see req of new GL
  • hsv216
    40 posts Member
    Options
    No July Calendar? I dont really care as I am quitting the game with 3 accounts, 2 of which are 9m+ as the game has lost all interest.Am sure CG won't care at losing my monthly stipend. Datacrons are a mistake but guess they will keep shoving it down everyone's throat. Again I don't really care as I am out of here. FREEDOM! :)
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    hsv216 wrote: »
    No July Calendar? I dont really care as I am quitting the game with 3 accounts, 2 of which are 9m+ as the game has lost all interest.Am sure CG won't care at losing my monthly stipend. Datacrons are a mistake but guess they will keep shoving it down everyone's throat. Again I don't really care as I am out of here. FREEDOM! :)

For no good reason they shoved the calendar into a random update post

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/256988/content-update-06-22-2022#latest
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    hsv216 wrote: »

For no good reason they shoved the calendar into a random update post

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/256988/content-update-06-22-2022#latest

No good reason or nothing to show ? Guess July will be another boring month as CG can't be bothered to plan for the community.

Well at least 3v3 is back. Best game mode ever!!!
  • Eldorian
    129 posts Member
    Options
    This thread really deserves a response…
  • Screerider
    1379 posts Member
    Options

Accountable for ...

Accountable for ...

Accountable for ...

Accountable for ...

Should I continue?
    Only if you give me your definition of "accountable".

• Options
    Senior Community Manager
    Remote Work Option:Yes
    Requisition Number:172457
    Date Opened:2022-03-30

I guess they haven't found anyone yet...
    I wonder how remote do they allow????0
    This is the Way
  • wharp
    216 posts Member
    Options
    EA/CG are companies way too old fashioned, technology have evolved and they still use only forum to communicate, they tried making some video, but it felt so weid (IMO) like they were forced to record a video and I felt the gap between the studio and the community.

I was told (by modo or CM, I can't remember) they will not communicate anything since they are afraid to "break their promise" (timeline, expected feature, ...), but who cares, if a company is transparent / honest about their plans, I believe no one would hate them.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Accountable for ...

Accountable for ...

Accountable for ...

Accountable for ...

Should I continue?
    Only if you give me your definition of "accountable".

(of a person, organization, or institution) required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible.

Here we go again with the Screerider thread derailment
  • Screerider
    1379 posts Member
    Options
    You feel that CG is required/expected to do something about your laundry list? That they owe it to you and the community?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    You feel that CG is required/expected to do something about your laundry list? That they owe it to you and the community?

So you think that when a company says that they will do X, then not do X, and have no further communication on why X didn't happen after being asked REPEATEDLY, its OK?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

If they promised it to their paying customers? Yes.

And before you go off about “promises”

Yes they promised the gear economy changes.

Yes it’s expected and promised to provide a quality and problem free game to draw in the revenue they expect.

Yes, they promised RA’s and SotG’s to talk about future content and what to look forward to.

Yes, they promised to listen to player feedback and use it for the development of future content. Clearly they can’t do everything the players want, but in the past at least took feedback and used it constructively to generate orginal and meaningful content.
  • TargetEadu
    1572 posts Member
    Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/256647/where-s-the-gear-economy-in-the-june-ra/p1

In case you forgot that we already had this discussion.
  • Options
    Natetiffer wrote: »
    Senior Community Manager

Probably $8 p/hr and you have to deal with all the stuff going on here. Hard pass.
  • Whatelse73
    2182 posts Member
    Options
    Senior Community Manager

Probably $8 p/hr and you have to deal with all the stuff going on here. Hard pass.

Oh come on, it's a billion dollar company in California. ten dollars an hour, but if you live there you pay so much in taxes it's like 8 an hour.
  • Options
    It should be called the Road Behind

One of the best comments on the forum imo. Cheers!
  • Options

Yes it’s expected and promised to provide a quality and problem free game to draw in the revenue they expect.

Yes, they promised RA’s and SotG’s to talk about future content and what to look forward to.

Yes, they promised to listen to player feedback and use it for the development of future content. Clearly they can’t do everything the players want, but in the past at least took feedback and used it constructively to generate orginal and meaningful content.

I think every point you made is a fair one. But please dont forget that being accountable requires rational behavior from both parts. Addiction, however tends to override rationality.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »

I think every point you made is a fair one. But please dont forget that being accountable requires rational behavior from both parts. Addiction, however tends to override rationality.

Are you assuming that the players wanting answers from CG are….addicted?
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Senior Community Manager

Oh come on, it's a billion dollar company in California. ten dollars an hour, but if you live there you pay so much in taxes it's like 8 an hour.

At $8/hour, someone earned at least $32 for the community management done this year
  • Options
    Raven, while sometimes you can be a bit....eccentric on here sometimes. I do agree with you. I've been playing for years now and finally created an account on here. Between the datacons and the lack of any communication, im losing a lot of faith with this game as a whole. I just want to see progress in some direction. The only good thing I've seen in months is Malgus and I don't even have him yet. I wish we could just get some answers.
  • Screerider
    1379 posts Member
    Options
    Oh. Yeah, if you paid for something, you are entitled to whatever it was you paid for. How much did you pay for the Gear Changes?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Oh. Yeah, if you paid for something, you are entitled to whatever it was you paid for. How much did you pay for the Gear Changes?

I’m just curious, since presenting facts and logic in a conversation with you, do nothing apparently, what are your issues with the game.

Do you think it’s ok for CG to promise things to their players then never deliver? To continue to release bugged and flawed content and events?

Or do you think that we are privileged to play this game so whatever we get, we should be grateful for?

Let’s here your take on it for once instead of some condescending insult about entitlement or Veruca meme
  • Screerider
    1379 posts Member
    Options
    What was insulting about "Yeah, if you paid for something, you are entitled to whatever it was you paid for"?

It's a free mobile gacha game nice for passing the time. I'm not expecting anything more than that.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    What was insulting about "Yeah, if you paid for something, you are entitled to whatever it was you paid for"?

It's a free mobile gacha game nice for passing the time. I'm not expecting anything more than that.

Seems odd you're so concerned with Raven's posts if you don't care about CG's posts
  • Options

you just get upset when others do?
  • Lumiya
    1490 posts Member
    Options

You didn't even really answer @Ravens1113 's questions.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Screerider
    1379 posts Member
    Options
    You mean these?
    Do you think it’s ok for CG to promise things to their players then never deliver?
    Well, they said they planned to. Plans can change. Companies aren't static.
    To continue to release bugged and flawed content and events?
    I'm sure they aren't putting bugs in on purpose. And they do actually track and even fix a lot of them given time. There's a whole other board for this. SWGOH's answers.ea.com
    Or do you think that we are privileged to play this game so whatever we get, we should be grateful for?
  • Lumiya
    1490 posts Member
    Options
    You mean these?
    Do you think it’s ok for CG to promise things to their players then never deliver?
    Well, they said they planned to. Plans can change. Companies aren't static.
    To continue to release bugged and flawed content and events?
    I'm sure they aren't putting bugs in on purpose. And they do actually track and even fix a lot of them given time. There's a whole other board for this. SWGOH's answers.ea.com

Yes, plans can change. But in that case you have to inform the people affected by those changed plans, in this case the players.

Most of the time the bugs they fix are those, that help players. There are many bugs that harm players, yet they are still in the game.

I think it's very telling that some people seem to have the mindset that customer service and treating your customers well is not important, eventhough you are dependent on them, because they are the ones who bring in the money.

To use the fact that this is a "free" game is moot, because it relies heavily on spending customers and tries very hard to get them to pay. I don't know about you, but if I would need someone to give me money, I would be as polite and considerate as possible, and I would not ghost them, if they tried to talk to me or wanted information or had questions, because I wouldn't want to anger them or get them to make their Business somewhere else.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Screerider
    1379 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Yes, plans can change. But in that case you have to inform the people affected by those changed plans, in this case the players.
    Well, they don't "have" to. "Should" sure, but that's a business call.