Profundity and the R8/R9 change

Replies

• Options
    I recently promoted one character to R8 and then remembered the R8/R9 change was coming soon. I was annoyed.

But anyone who is ready for the Profundity event on Day 1 has been spending loads of crystals (or $) getting Admiral Raddus shards all this time. How much of a difference in your budget is this change going to make anyway?
  • Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    How much of a difference in your budget is this change going to make anyway?

300 crystals for carbonite and 1,800 crystals for bronzium, if you really need to buy bronzium.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

300 crystals for carbonite and 1,800 crystals for bronzium, if you really need to buy bronzium.

I can see needing to buy carbonite, but are there really people in this situation who don't have enough bronzium salvage materials lying around?
  • Options

I can see needing to buy carbonite, but are there really people in this situation who don't have enough bronzium salvage materials lying around?

Not it, but yes.
  • Options
    Dont understand why people arent farming the stuff
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Dont understand why people arent farming the stuff

Because every new character needs like 500 kyros, and no other game I've ever played in my life makes you take time off farming the most recent, high end gear to farm literal white lowest level gear from nearly 7 years ago at launch?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Someone find out what Edward is up to.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Where do you farm all your bronzium from? I would love to know which node cause I have no problem with carbonite farm on LS 1-c but I always am out of bronzium
  • Options
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »

Where do you farm all your bronzium from? I would love to know which node cause I have no problem with carbonite farm on LS 1-c but I always am out of bronzium

LS7B while farming kyros has the Mk 5 Fabritech Data Pad which is worth 20 units, but otherwise I just naturally get a lot of the 4 unit items and a few of the 12 unit ones.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    No one can expect any of those announcements to happen. As example, the Gear economy that Never happened almost got the anniversary, and not only missing the half phase 1 but also announcement of phase 2.
    You can expect the "relic ease" To follow exactly the same cadence
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    No one can expect any of those announcements to happen. As example, the Gear economy that Never happened almost got the anniversary, and not only missing the half phase 1 but also announcement of phase 2.
    You can expect the "relic ease" To follow exactly the same cadence
  • Options
    PumaK wrote: »
    No one can expect any of those announcements to happen.

I expect those announcements to happen.

• PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    PumaK wrote: »
    No one can expect any of those announcements to happen.

I expect those announcements to happen.

Then you are one of the few users that really believe and hope on those changes being applied despite almost a year ago the gear economy was announced, and up to date they even doesn't applied the phase 1.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    You’ll best know when the event goes live if the changes are live by the 31st

How are they hold it over the community? They could’ve not told us they were planning this and it wouldn’t make it any different

You offered a scenario that does not exist. This is not a what if situation. It was said that in the next title update it would be here. Then they announced 2 new major units that will require R8 or R9 and it appears that they will wait to update until the day of Profundity or after. In that real life scenario, it would be a little bit of a kick in the you know what to the community.

If they were to do that, it would be perceived better if they just said the update would go live after profundity so we know. More transparency is appreciated for consumers.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kluge wrote: »
    If they were to do that, it would be perceived better if they just said the update would go live after profundity so we know. More transparency is appreciated for consumers.
    Yeah, at the very minimum, they should've let the community know if the relic material update will be before or after profundity event
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kluge wrote: »
    Yeah, at the very minimum, they should've let the community know if the relic material update will be before or after profundity event

WAI
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Just take Raddus and Cassian to R7 and if they make the update before the event, upgrade them after and save the mats. If they don't do that update, upgrade them and do the event. Nothing is going to change if you wait a couple more days for that to happen.

We should be getting a significant announcement, of a few things, on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

What we should get and what we actually get are vastly different things. Also, should is a subjective term.

Bottom line is that making this announcement then waiting over a month…and counting….before making the change, then bring an event that requires r8/r9 doesn’t make CG look good and I think it’s a complete mistake on their part.

You can wait until the event drop and see if they make the change before, but if they don’t, people are gonna be upset. It’s best not to upset your player base in any game if you can avoid it….this is something that CG doesn’t believe in thought.

I feel like you haven't heard about datacrons yet...
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Just take Raddus and Cassian to R7 and if they make the update before the event, upgrade them after and save the mats. If they don't do that update, upgrade them and do the event. Nothing is going to change if you wait a couple more days for that to happen.

We should be getting a significant announcement, of a few things, on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

What we should get and what we actually get are vastly different things. Also, should is a subjective term.

Bottom line is that making this announcement then waiting over a month…and counting….before making the change, then bring an event that requires r8/r9 doesn’t make CG look good and I think it’s a complete mistake on their part.

You can wait until the event drop and see if they make the change before, but if they don’t, people are gonna be upset. It’s best not to upset your player base in any game if you can avoid it….this is something that CG doesn’t believe in thought.

CG is trolling us and it's sad you can't appreciate that and love them for it, the way so many of these are people do who are like "Executor went great, no kit release is awesome... spank me harder!"

Yes, I am farming bronzium salvage every damned day for months on end and it's not enough. Bronzium wiring and CCBs (and mk3 carbs) are the bottlenecks between my stockpile of aeromagnifiers/brains and having more high relics.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I never need intentionally farm them. I just seem getting so much of them when farming kyro and getting it from daily challenges. This looks like my inventory. 😂

kg14hpuswrgz.png
    55lf31ch6dm7.png

• Options
    sloweagle wrote: »

I never need intentionally farm them. I just seem getting so much of them when farming kyro and getting it from daily challenges. This looks like my inventory. 😂

kg14hpuswrgz.png
    55lf31ch6dm7.png

I might've missed it somewhere, just curious how many GL's you have and how many other legendary characters you have?
  • Options

kg14hpuswrgz.png
    55lf31ch6dm7.png

I might've missed it somewhere, just curious how many GL's you have and how many other legendary characters you have?

You may very well have unlocked every character in the game and still have a stash like this.
  • Options

kg14hpuswrgz.png
    55lf31ch6dm7.png

I have all 6 GLs and all legendary toons, and in case you want to know, I also have 27 R8/R9.

• Options
    Oh how I hope that change is made soon. My inventory for relic scrap is so so so low for the first materials.
  • Options

kg14hpuswrgz.png
    55lf31ch6dm7.png

You may very well have unlocked every character in the game and still have a stash like this.

unlocking characters takes none of this. Even gearing them up isn't nearly as bad as building characters for GLs and other meta characters.
  • Options

kg14hpuswrgz.png
    55lf31ch6dm7.png

I have all 6 GLs and all legendary toons, and in case you want to know, I also have 27 R8/R9.

Gotcha, so what you're saying is you are the one player messing up the bell curve so that CG can say, "gear is fine, no problems!" then?
  • Options

kg14hpuswrgz.png
    55lf31ch6dm7.png

Gotcha, so what you're saying is you are the one player messing up the bell curve so that CG can say, "gear is fine, no problems!" then?

No matter how I want to think I am so special, I can’t. 😂 as you probably already read, there are many in a similar situation like me.

On the other hand, it is indeed possible that players who started in a different year or had a different spending pattern, could run short of bronzium material. Otherwise CG wouldn’t plan to do such change.